Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Wait, what?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Feedback] >> Empire Online >> Wait, what? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Wait, what? - 4/2/2012 10:15:02 PM   
dsw4rbrick

Most of these guys are fugly. The only redeeming factor is, as others have said, Han Solo.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 31
Any list that puts Edward Cullen... - 4/2/2012 10:43:50 PM   
chasmosaur

...ahead of Rhett Butler can't even be considered legitimate. Seriously?

Post #: 32
- 5/2/2012 12:34:42 AM   
scifi

What! No Leonidas? No Stelios? (300) No Hawkeye?(Last of the Mohicans) How can any serious list exclude some of the sexiest men - and men in EVERY sense of the word, unlike some of the candidates offered up on this list - in cinema history! Incredulous - though perfectly willing to go with Aragorn at no 1.

Post #: 33
Gollum? Really? - 5/2/2012 8:06:04 AM   
Tooticki

And this freak is above Loki? Who the hell thinks that Gollum is sexy? Would you want to sleep with him? No. Would you want his babies? Hell NO! What the **** is wrong with this world??!

Post #: 34
- 5/2/2012 10:28:31 AM   
gizmobrightlight

where's martin blank this time,another high school reunion? also heath ledger in a knights tale?

Post #: 35
Harrison Ford - 5/2/2012 12:22:41 PM   
Saxsymbol

What 40 -plus man doesn't remember Han Solo's entrance in Star Wars! What seemed to unravel as an a-sexual Sci-Fi story suddenly got the swagger it lacked when Harrison Ford sat down with Luke and Ben in the Mos Eisley cantina! To me his prescence made the whole thing work! Nothing sexual, just a 'I-wanna-be-that -guy' kind of thing...not even Indiana Jones could top that, and it's the same guy! For me top 3 material with Sean Connery's Bond.

Post #: 36
Jacob - 5/2/2012 9:38:43 PM   
PercyJackson4

Why is Jacob Black not on this list??

Post #: 37
Solo for the Win - 5/2/2012 11:12:25 PM   
HighwayJoe

I can't fault Jack at No.2, but Viggo Mortensen has played much sexier characters than Aragorn. If we're going for real sexiness in this list, then it's Han Solo for the win. And f'r Chewie's sake, how'd Indy score higher than Han?

And, hey, where's good ole Jareth? Too 80s?

But, you know... it was hard to take this list seriously after seeing Gollum made it in. xD Somewhere out there, Dobby fans must be clamouring for a re-count!

Post #: 38
- 6/2/2012 1:42:13 PM   
tbird

I can't tell you how very glad I am to see a proper list that hasn't been overtaken by teenage girls to make either Edward Cullan or Jacob Black number one!

There are some real men here! And Aragorn as number one - the perfect choice!

Post #: 39
Please! This is *clearly* current movie centric and su... - 6/2/2012 1:43:51 PM   
sfarris

Folks-

This is clearly current movie centric as lists go, and way too heaqvy with super heros. First Rhett Butler, Rick Blaine, and Roger Thornhill blow any of the modern actors listed out of the water. Second, why not try some of the following characters in addition; How about Stanley Kowalski (Marlon Brando) in Street Car Named Desire, Brandos character in "On The Waterfront", Terry Malloy. I could go on all day with other choices. How about Leslie Howard and the dashing Ashley Wilkes? Charlton Heston, as Judah Ben Hur? Please, the list goes on an on....

I like Super Heros. I own numerous Super Hero comic books, but please, comapred to the earlier heart throbs, no contest.

In addition, please consider that Golum is approximately one of the farthest characters from "sexy". So you who decided on this list saw the Lord of the Rings. Aaragorn, and other characters, fine, there is a reasonable nature to that. But Gullum? You couldn't think of any other older actors?

How about Jimmy Stewart in "Vertigo" or "RearWindow". How about numerous Jude Law characters that are sexier, and Jude Law is much more contemporary, certainly.

Post #: 40
African Americans? - 6/2/2012 6:20:29 PM   
dontsayaword

Where is Robert Dean ( Enemy of the State) or most of Will Smith's characters? Including a hideous CG creature but no Fresh Prince.... Poor list

Post #: 41
Russell Crowe - 6/2/2012 9:54:11 PM   
EileenJ

Maximus Decimus Meridius should have been much higher. And Russell Crowe's 'Ben Wade' from 3:10 To Yuma should have been there. As should Clive Owen's 'Smith' from Shoot 'Em Up!

Post #: 42
Seth Gecko, hellooo - 6/2/2012 10:07:50 PM   
WaterLilly

Where is Geogre Clooney's character in "From dusk till Dawn", Seth Gecko???
And Tristan from Legends of the fall?
and what about Pierce Brosnan's Thomas Crown?

Post #: 43
Omissions - 6/2/2012 10:23:33 PM   
Apathygrrl

I seriously did a double take when I saw Gollum on this list. Freakin' trolls ruining it for everyone else. Replace him with Legolas and I'll be happy. He's so pretty *sigh* And I know a LOT of women find Jack Sparrow to be the ultimate sex god, but I have a spot reserved in my heart for another Johnny Depp character: Don Juan Demarco <3 He just oooozes sexiness every second he's on screen, he makes me melt. Of course there are people who are going to disagree with me. Some people find rugged men sexy, like Aragorn & Wolverine. Some people find suave & debonair sexy, like James Bond. I prefer the pretty & slightly feminine guys, like Legolas. *sigh* *blush*

Post #: 44
- 6/2/2012 10:44:43 PM   
ednajacob

I love Gollum being up there with the best of them - proves that some people out there still have a sense of humour!

Post #: 45
Gollum? Come on, guys. - 6/2/2012 11:40:53 PM   
empirex

What about Ben Quick in The Long Hot Summer? Saw it on AMC once when I was 11. I'm pretty sure it was Paul Newman's hotness that ushered me into puberty. Or what about Dennis Quaid in The Big Easy? Guh!

Post #: 46
Absolutely Yes to Aragorn but... - 7/2/2012 12:35:19 AM   
sswygert

I mean Aragorn is my husband but honestly, I love me some possibly more elder characters that I did not see on this list:

Rambo
Michael Corleone-The Godfathers
Ronny Cammerari-Moonstruck

Oh but also absolutely any character that Henry Cavill, Luke Evans, or Gaspard Ulliel play. I'm done.

Post #: 47
"Allow me to shoot first..." - 7/2/2012 1:52:31 AM   
CppThis

Hahaha, this made my day. Speaking of making days, where's Dirty Harry?

Post #: 48
- 7/2/2012 2:35:21 AM   
Parker Says

The only thing that made me happy was Aragorn being numero uno & Gollum being up there.
Loki over Rhett?
Loki at all? Come onn.

Post #: 49
Moment of Hotness - 7/2/2012 3:53:48 AM   
charbadar

Yes yes yes to Aragorn, I just about fell out of my chair with delight when I saw he was #1. As for moment of hotness, though, am I alone in thinking it's gotta be when he opens those double doors in Two Towers? I still have to rewind multiple times every time I see the movie.

Post #: 50
Am I the only one - 7/2/2012 4:20:25 AM   
guerrita

Am I the only one who thought that Heath Ledger's Joker was hot? If Gollum made it to the list, then why not Ledger's Joker?

Post #: 51
Oh yeah I forgot - 7/2/2012 4:35:41 AM   
guerrita

Fassbender's Magneto should have made it to the list as well.

Post #: 52
Also - 7/2/2012 4:45:02 AM   
guerrita

Patrick Bateman should have made it to the list too.

Post #: 53
Who made this list? - 7/2/2012 6:12:03 AM   
fanboi214

The list seems like it was assembled by heterosexual men. It reads more like a list of geeky guy idols then actual sex symbols. Sometimes they overlap (James Bond) and sometimes they don't (Aragorn). My biggest problem with online polls is that people never seem to care about what the actual subject of the poll is they just vote for their favorite (show, movie, character, or whatever representative).

Post #: 54
RE: Who made this list? - 7/2/2012 9:19:52 AM   
elab49

I'd suggest that you possibly haven't posted on boards where women post and LOTR is being discussed .

< Message edited by elab49 -- 7/2/2012 9:20:09 AM >

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to fanboi214)
Post #: 55
RE: Who made this list? - 7/2/2012 9:23:15 AM   
Funkyrae

I think my Viggo obsession is well known about these here parts and I know I'm not alone.

That's me that is!

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 56
RE: Who made this list? - 7/2/2012 9:35:58 AM   
elab49

It's not just these boards - getting between an Aragorn fan and a Legolas fan is dangerous

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

(in reply to Funkyrae)
Post #: 57
RE: Who made this list? - 7/2/2012 10:50:31 AM   
Gimli The Dwarf

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49

It's not just these boards - getting between an Aragorn fan and a Legolas fan is dangerous

Everyone knows it's Aragorn >>>>>>>> Legolas

So, sir, we let him have it right up! And I have to report, sir, he did not like it, sir.

Fellow scientists, poindexters, geeks.

Yeah, Mr. White! Yeah, science!

Much more better!

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 58
RE: Who made this list? - 7/2/2012 10:56:32 AM   
elab49

And let's face it - the Dwarf should know

quote:

(in reply to Gimli The Dwarf)
Post #: 59
- 7/2/2012 3:22:47 PM   
jeffamania

Its obvious that mostly guys voted here.
I think if you ask the ladies around you, they'd surprise you with their choices.
Guys cant judge what women find sexy....guys just vote for the type of guy that they'd love to be i.e the bond, bourne, ford types
hey dont get me wrong, I'm a guy...great list but my main point is that this is obviously a guy's perspective.

Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Feedback] >> Empire Online >> Wait, what? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI