Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Exclusive: New Pusher Poster Blasts In

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Exclusive: New Pusher Poster Blasts In Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Exclusive: New Pusher Poster Blasts In - 1/2/2012 6:11:08 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
Why??? - 1/2/2012 6:11:08 PM   
dannyfletch

Another pointless re-make. If you want Pusher then watch the original Nicholas Winding Refn version, he is such a visionary film maker that no one should even think about re-doing his work! Just because people can't be arsed to read subtitles!

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
I'm with dannyfletch on this one - 1/2/2012 6:44:09 PM   
MusicLovesYou

And I haven't even seen the original (it's on my list, forgive me!), but...I do really like this poster. Still, my creative integrity says no to pointless remakes. This might, just might, fall into the category of worthwhile remake, but I suspect dannyfletch is on to something.

Post #: 3
What's your point? - 1/2/2012 9:41:30 PM   
Sambora

MusicLovesYou - what is your point? It shouldn't be remade tho you haven't seen 'it' . . . yet it might be a good remake? Blah blah, Pusher is quintessentially Danish in mood and (obviously) setting so it's lazy to presume it can be transplanted to London 15 or 16 years later. The 'zany one from Coupling' being the lead and that annoying random model being the female lead is the full review in advance . . . gash.

Post #: 4
As massive fan of the original...... - 2/2/2012 8:51:26 AM   
papalupara

I wasn`t too arsed about this remake,unitl i heard about Neil Maskell (fekin immense in Kill List) and the mighty Zlatko Buric (better in Pusher 3 than Brando was in the Godfather).
Normally remakes are a no-no for me but I might well check this out.

Post #: 5
RE: What's your point? - 2/2/2012 8:55:57 AM   
elab49

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sambora

The 'zany one from Coupling' being the lead and that annoying random model being the female lead is the full review in advance . . . gash.

I'd guess you don't really know much about Coyle's work other than IMDB - he's possibly the best reason to give this a go. Although you're bang on with the 2nd - why do they keep inflicting people whose only 'talent' is 'pretty' on us by pretending they can act?

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to Sambora)
Post #: 6
Cool! I'll go see it! - 2/2/2012 11:01:40 AM   
Nicky C

I like all 3 Pusher films (personal favourite is 'With Blood on my Hands', part 2 with Mads Mikkelsen in the lead) and I think it's exactly the sort of material that can be transported from one city to another. Couldn't give a sh*t about whether or not it's a remake. It's important to judge movies on their own merit. 75% of all films are based on exisitng material anyway, so the point is moot when you bother to think about it properly.

Post #: 7
Oh yeah, and another thing ... - 2/2/2012 11:10:24 AM   
Nicky C

... just to annoy the remake haters, this is actually the second remake. The Hindi version came out in 2010.

Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Exclusive: New Pusher Poster Blasts In Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI