Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Star Wars saga 3D

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: Star Wars saga 3D Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Star Wars saga 3D - 14/2/2012 12:48:53 PM   
Marwood

quote:

ORIGINAL: superdan

quote:

ORIGINAL: spark1

in the end he forgot to judge it not for acting/dialogue but as whether it works as a visual spectacle-

http://www.scifinow.co.uk/reviews/star-wars-episode-i-the-phantom-menace-3d-bfi-imax-review/

To be fair, judging it as a visual spectacle rather than for it's acting/dialogue is probably doing the film a favour.

Plus being as it's a re-release of an existing film that has been vehemently discussed by fans and critics for over a decade why go over the same points? It's had a shiny new layer of tech thrown on it but is otherwise the same film as before; it's not like Bladerunner: The Director's Cut or Exorcist: The Version You've Never Seen. Although I guess as a retrospective piece it's got some merit - does he feel any different about it after all this time etc.

Bilbo: What about the Ewoks? They were rubbish.

Tim: Yeah but Jar Jar Binks makes the Ewoks look like f***ing Shaft!

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 61
RE: Star Wars saga 3D - 24/2/2012 5:56:41 PM   
anakin solo

I disagree 3D really works with the phantom menace, and having not seen that one at the cinema only made it more exciting. Also what i really liked about was that they had gotten rid of that stupid puppet version to be replaced with more better cgi version. And look forward to attack of the clones.

my ally is the force and what a powerful ally it is.

(in reply to Marwood)
Post #: 62
RE: Star Wars saga 3D - 24/2/2012 7:32:47 PM   
Cool Breeze

Yeah the cgi Yoda is a big improvement on the puppet they used originally.

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

(in reply to anakin solo)
Post #: 63
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: Star Wars saga 3D Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI