Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Another New Writer For Robocop

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Another New Writer For Robocop Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Another New Writer For Robocop - 1/2/2012 9:04:14 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
I know you, you're dead!!! - 1/2/2012 9:04:14 AM   
gavlaa32

Now I'm a HUGE fan of the original Robocop (the first anyway, 2 was a laugh!! 3 WTF??) and I seriously did not want a remake. But when they mentioned Aronofsky I got very excited, shame they couldnt get him nailed down but I'm gonna give this dude a chance, he definitely has the pedigree for it!!! But, whats really got me excited about this is FASSBENDER!!! If they can get a good enough script, story and get the dude that is FASSBENDER on board then I'm ready to love this in every way a man can love a cyborg law enforcer!!!!!

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
I know you, you're dead!!! - 1/2/2012 9:04:31 AM   
gavlaa32

Now I'm a HUGE fan of the original Robocop (the first anyway, 2 was a laugh!! 3 WTF??) and I seriously did not want a remake. But when they mentioned Aronofsky I got very excited, shame they couldnt get him nailed down but I'm gonna give this dude a chance, he definitely has the pedigree for it!!! But, whats really got me excited about this is FASSBENDER!!! If they can get a good enough script, story and get the dude that is FASSBENDER on board then I'm ready to love this in every way a man can love a cyborg law enforcer!!!!!

Post #: 3
- 1/2/2012 6:46:00 PM   
Lur

sorry but this will suck balls whoever is involved. we dont need need another pointless remake

Post #: 4
RE: - 1/2/2012 10:07:20 PM   
King of Kafiristan

I was genuinely excited about Aronofsky's vision for his remake, but without a truly brilliant director behind the camera, I feel that whatever we get will only be a pointless retread, an unnecessary "updating" of what should by all rights be considered one of the untouchable modern classics. Verhoeven's film remains as powerful and important as ever, so unless there is a new take on the material that serves to offer important commentary on the current state of the world, then I hope this project just fizzles out in ignominy

Fassbender is pretty cool and all, but no matter who you cast , it's the ideas that keep ROBOCOP so vital and fresh, and not the chin of the actor under the mask

PS I hope Aronofsky one day is able to return to this project. I will keep my fingers crossed

(in reply to Lur)
Post #: 5
He Won't Be A Fassbender In That Metal Costume - 2/2/2012 2:36:56 AM   
BenTramer

Fassbender would be good casting for Murphy. He's also an actor that gives his all to any role and being stuck in that uncomfortable suit is a challenge to any actor. I just hope they keep the dark humour of the first one.

Post #: 6
- 2/2/2012 12:20:07 PM   
Rizey

I always thought Joel Edgerton off of Warrior would make a good Murphy, but Fassbender would sell it better I guess...Imagine someone like Del Toro directing, would give it that little bit of weird that Robocop needs...

Post #: 7
Good Idea - 2/2/2012 12:20:36 PM   
spark1

'robocop' as an idea has languished since the dire sequels and a reboot is necessary.

mo cap will suit new robo on screen.

Post #: 8
RE: Good Idea - 3/2/2012 4:48:38 PM   
kargon

JUST LEAVE IT

"I SAY WHAT I LIKE AND I LIKE WHAT I BLOODY WELL SAY".

"WHAT THE FUCK DOES ANYTHING HAVE TO DO WITH VIETNAM?"

"YOU BETTER BE PUTTING AWAY THAT BLADE, OR YOU WON'T BELIEVE WHAT HAPPENS NEXT, EVEN WHILE IT'S HAPPENING"

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 9
RE: Another New Writer For Robocop - 4/2/2012 1:11:17 PM   
Super Hans

As with most of the remakes we hear about day in day out, I don't see the point in this at all.  The 1987 film is fantastic, I honestly cannot think of a way of doing it better.

"Its staring at you in the face Mark, there's only one more sex to try..."

Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Another New Writer For Robocop Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI