Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Ridley Scott Wants The Counsellor

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Ridley Scott Wants The Counsellor Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Ridley Scott Wants The Counsellor - 1/2/2012 6:29:26 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
Blade Runner meets Breaking Bad? - 1/2/2012 6:29:26 AM   
The Whisper

McCarthy's a promethean writer, but Scott has been known to play Icarus with some of his output. Let's face it, Kingdom of Heaven and Robin Hood may have passed the time, but they sure ain't classics.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
- 1/2/2012 10:41:24 AM   
AxlReznor

The theatrical cut of Kingdom Of Heaven isn't a classic. The Director's Cut most definitely is.

Post #: 3
- 1/2/2012 11:51:48 AM   
Whistler

I'm excited.

Post #: 4
RE: - 1/2/2012 10:17:09 PM   
King of Kafiristan

quote:

ORIGINAL: AxlReznor

The theatrical cut of Kingdom Of Heaven isn't a classic. The Director's Cut most definitely is.

The only thing keeping me from agreeing with you is the unfortunate casting of Orlando Bloom. While I feel the film is excellent on nearly every level, the fact our leading man is a big zero, a gaping hole from which no charisma can escape, hurts the film immeasurably and forces me to add an asterix to all my otherwise unqualified praise of Scott's epic. You needed an actor who could let us in to his psyche with his eyes alone, as Balian is often silent and contemplative as a character. A Bale or a Bettany could have done this, and made it riveting to watch. Instead we got Bloom's black, dead shark eyes, and it feels like there is a great emptiness right at the center of the film, where even the minor characters are unfailingly more interesting than our hero

As for this story, I'm sure it's interesting and all, but Scott's great gift has always been world building, and I'd like to see him use however many active years he has left to tackle projects of great vision and scope. Yes, ROBIN HOOD is undoubtedly a disaster, but I don't think it was an indication he should reverse course when it comes to his ambitions. Anyone can make a movie about lawyers and drug dealers. Few can recreate a sense of time and place like Scott can on his best days

I think Scott's attention is best focused elsewhere (just my humble opinion)

< Message edited by King of Kafiristan -- 1/2/2012 10:53:55 PM >

(in reply to AxlReznor)
Post #: 5
Unbelievable Tekkers! - 10/2/2012 11:31:58 AM   
Nicky C

I was excited by the idea of a McCarthy script, but now it's also a Ridley Scott picture I am very excited.

Post #: 6
- 10/2/2012 1:00:36 PM   
artilleryman

Michael Fassbender has been great recently but talk about being overexposed now. Why is it that every new project is having his name linked to it at the moment?

Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Ridley Scott Wants The Counsellor Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI