Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Samantha Barks Is Les Mis' Eponine

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Samantha Barks Is Les Mis' Eponine Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Samantha Barks Is Les Mis' Eponine - 1/2/2012 4:18:24 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
Good choice - 1/2/2012 4:18:24 AM   
larstrygve

I'm very relieved it's not Taylor Swift. VERY!

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
RE: Good choice - 1/2/2012 1:03:35 PM   
GypsyTrash

quote:

ORIGINAL: larstrygve

I'm very relieved it's not Taylor Swift. VERY!

This.

If we'd wanted to live forever, we wouldn't have become cinema ushers!

(in reply to larstrygve)
Post #: 3
- 1/2/2012 7:40:03 PM   
Musicals

OK So now it's official;Cameron Machintosh has just joined the ranks of the mediocre. In God's name man what criterion do you justify this casting? This is a girl with an almost invisable CV and who could not even win the "search" contest? And she is going to be playing a crucial role in this movie? ! Can she even begin to act a dying scene?
Sir Cameron you know there is a far.far better Eponine here in Holland-you saw her-as did the composers- and were in tears at the end of her performance. She has a CV that few people of her generation can challenge and awards to go with it. She was also the first person you chose for the Dutch production which was an innovative one (new arrangements etc)
Had you cast a real undiscovered talent that would have been something else; but everyone knows this girls limitations. This is your "Crown Jewel" show and you and I know that by walking on stage and making this announcement and this choice you have just made certain that this "Les Mis" is going the way of ALW's various movies i.e, nowhere Sir Cameron-you blew it!

Post #: 4
RE: - 2/2/2012 11:43:08 PM   
doubtlesswonder

Samantha Banks has actually played Eponine on stage before, so I'm sure she can handle it.

quote:

homersimpson_esq
"Will someone please get this motherfuckin' horcrux outta this motherfuckin' snake."

quote:

homersimpson_esq
"See Mr Grey.
See Mr Grey abuse women.
Run women, run."

(in reply to Musicals)
Post #: 5
I See What You Did There - 2/3/2012 10:56:28 AM   
onlysaying

Les Mis producers, I see what you did there! haha! They used Taylor Swift so that the public will be relieved even if they cast a mediocre Eponine (just like what happened here). The truly great ones are too old to play the role anyway. Still let's give Sam credit. Given more training,she might just pull it off.. It's a movie anyway and not Theatre so anyone can actually play the roles, the wonder of Autotune!

Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Samantha Barks Is Les Mis' Eponine Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI