Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Carnage - 1/2/2012 4:07:52 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
- 1/2/2012 4:07:53 AM   
C3

I really think Kate Winslet is the single most overated actress of our time. Everytime I see her "act" , all i see is her stint in casualty and the trailer for Carnage is NO better. The bit where she spits out about her son kicking the shit out of the other couple's son is so unbelieveably hammy. Horrd, fake lovie..

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
Liked it... - 4/2/2012 8:12:45 PM   
tysmuse

but I feel that it's wrong to give praise to a film made by an absconding rapist. Great performances mind. Albeit, Foster gives it a bit too much. Waltz is class.

Post #: 3
RE: Carnage - 5/2/2012 3:57:57 PM   
spamandham

Pretty good film this one. Very good performances from the four stars (irrational hatred of Winslet aside ) in portraying the thin veneer of middle class civility wiped away by some scotch and a few annoying phone calls.

Worth a watch, but it could've done with being longer and having a deeper exposure of the parents where it pulled back towards the end.

Post #: 4
RE: Carnage - 8/2/2012 9:47:39 AM   
narmour

Excellent film, slick script, perfect timing, impeccably acted (Jodie Foster was probably the weak link but the other 3 carried her through) and a hilarious ending sequence which puts the whole film in perspective. I would argue though, that the fifth star of the film is the Blackberry.....

(in reply to spamandham)
Post #: 5
RE: Carnage - 8/2/2012 3:52:18 PM   
nhassell

Saw this right back at the start of December. Was very good. Funny, and the performances were fantastic.

This Is The End - ***
Man Of Steel - ***
The Great Gatsby - ***
Iron Man 3 - ***
Evil Dead - ***

(in reply to narmour)
Post #: 6
RE: Carnage - 8/2/2012 3:52:23 PM   
nhassell

Saw this right back at the start of December. Was very good. Funny, and the performances were fantastic.

This Is The End - ***
Man Of Steel - ***
The Great Gatsby - ***
Iron Man 3 - ***
Evil Dead - ***

(in reply to narmour)
Post #: 7
Great - 11/3/2012 8:19:12 PM   
bereski

One of the best movies of 2011.

Post #: 8
Intense And Amusing, But Somewhat Lacking In Meaning - 28/6/2012 1:10:38 PM   
blaud

For the entire running time of Carnage, I was either chuckling appreciatively or savoring Polanski's piece of organized chaos in the form of its' scriptwriting, which is undeniably excellent. The premise of the film is also interesting and for the whole of the duration the cast does excellent jobs (with the surprising occasional exception from Winslet, who more than once grossly underplays/overplays her character). I'm not sure how it could have been more interesting with the plot remaining the same. I obviously understood the message that the parents act like the children and by the end, vice versa, but that doesn't seem enough of an explanation to justify the events that take place during the film. As a result, the message, funny as it may be, does not have any meaning.

Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> Carnage Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI