Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: So many impossible people to please!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> RE: So many impossible people to please! Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: So many impossible people to please! - 31/1/2012 11:42:34 PM   
MonsterCat

quote:

ORIGINAL: dannyfletch

X-Men First Class was an excellent return to form for the franchise and Vaughn handles the superhero stuff really well. You'll always get these impossible people who like to moan and try to make it sound as if they've got an intellectual point when in fact they are just boring! If you don't like it, LUMP IT!

lol reverse snobbery.

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to dannyfletch)
Post #: 31
first class was first class! - 1/2/2012 12:45:54 AM   
chrisharvey1551

after the not so amazing wolverine film being convinced to go and see this took a lot and im glad i made the effort as this is the best installment since x2 totally took me back and i now have had my faith put back in the xmen franchise roll on 2nd class

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 32
RE: So many impossible people to please! - 1/2/2012 9:46:09 AM   
Kayotik

quote:

X-Men First Class was an excellent return to form for the franchise and Vaughn handles the superhero stuff really well. You'll always get these impossible people who like to moan and try to make it sound as if they've got an intellectual point when in fact they are just boring! If you don't like it, LUMP IT!

Ah yes, the ever classic argument found on internet forums of "My opinion is better! Yours is different therefore YOU'RE STUPID! Capital letters help validate my point."

Post #: 33
RE: So many impossible people to please! - 1/2/2012 12:13:31 PM   
Cool Breeze

I thought First Class was easily the weakest of the X series so far.It should have been called '' X-Kids '' since it seemed to focus more on the teen characters played by bad actors rather than Xavier and Magneto.And lets face it,even there Mcavoy and Fassbender are no Stewart and Mckellan.One of the strengths of the original trilogy of X men films was the great cast and i would like to see a return to the original timeline and X team.

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

(in reply to Kayotik)
Post #: 34
RE: So many impossible people to please! - 1/2/2012 2:38:53 PM   
Kayotik

It also bugged me how they couldn't decide if it was to be a prequel or not. They said it's "sort of" a prequel. No, it either is or isn't. Saying "sort of" does not give you license to use actors from the other movies and then completely disregard continuity.

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 35
Watched it again over Xmas ... - 1/2/2012 4:07:12 PM   
Nicky C

... and I think I preferred it the second time around. So many nice ideas and the 60s setting is irresistibly cool. Look forward to another one, and excited to find out whether we'll still be in the 60s or will we make it to the 70s? 70s X-Men would be tekkers! Also, McAvoy and Fassbender are THE balls!

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 36
RE: Watched it again over Xmas ... - 1/2/2012 4:50:52 PM   
blackduck

I thought First Class was deeply flawed but there was a lot to love about it. If the first one was sucessful enough to give Vaughn a bit of breathing room the sequel could be amazing, Hopefully they'll focus more on Magneto and Xavier and leave the kids as backround characters

I am but an egg.

(in reply to Nicky C)
Post #: 37
RE: So many impossible people to please! - 1/2/2012 10:20:48 PM   
King of Kafiristan

quote:

I don't like to moan. I love to see a movie and walk away imbued with energy,  enthusiasm and excitement for this wonderful artform known as "cinema". Unfortunately the movies coming out of Hollywood these days more often than not leave me feeling beaten down and dispirited

Your attitude suggests you think critical thought itself is a suspect concept. If you don't like something, just "lump it"? Don't think about it, or critique, or discuss? Sorry, that's not how I roll

Post #: 38
RE: So many impossible people to please! - 1/2/2012 10:36:44 PM   
Pigeon Army

quote:

ORIGINAL: King of Kafiristan

quote:

I don't like to moan. I love to see a movie and walk away imbued with energy,  enthusiasm and excitement for this wonderful artform known as "cinema". Unfortunately the movies coming out of Hollywood these days more often than not leave me feeling beaten down and dispirited

Your attitude suggests you think critical thought itself is a suspect concept. If you don't like something, just "lump it"? Don't think about it, or critique, or discuss? Sorry, that's not how I roll

I don't know who you are, but you are a good poster.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rinc
She's supposed to be 13! I'd want her to be very attractive though

quote:

ORIGINAL: MonsterCat
quote:

ORIGINAL: Pigeon Army
Stop being mean to Deviation

No.

(in reply to King of Kafiristan)
Post #: 39
RE: So many impossible people to please! - 1/2/2012 10:42:12 PM   
King of Kafiristan

quote:

quote:

quote:

I don't know who you are, but you are a good poster.

I'm humbled! Thanks!

(in reply to Pigeon Army)
Post #: 40
RE: So many impossible people to please! - 1/2/2012 10:45:30 PM   
Pigeon Army

You should come and join the gang in Lists & Top 10s at some point, you seem like you'd fit in well there. We're all cool. We don't bite.

quote:

quote:

quote:

No.

Post #: 41
RE: So many impossible people to please! - 1/2/2012 10:48:07 PM   
MonsterCat

quote:

You should come and join the gang in Lists & Top 10s at some point, you seem like you'd fit in well there. We're all cool. We don't bite.

Well, except for Deviation.

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

Post #: 42
RE: So many impossible people to please! - 1/2/2012 10:49:35 PM   
Pigeon Army

quote:

quote:

Well, except for Deviation.

shut up we don't want to scare him away jeez

quote:

quote:

quote:

No.

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 43
RE: So many impossible people to please! - 1/2/2012 10:52:35 PM   
King of Kafiristan

quote:

Placing things into a numerical order isn't exactly my strong suit, but I'll check it out, thanks! You guys/gals have a solid community here.

Post #: 44
RE: So many impossible people to please! - 1/2/2012 11:17:26 PM   
Pigeon Army

quote:

quote:

Placing things into a numerical order isn't exactly my strong suit, but I'll check it out, thanks! You guys/gals have a solid community here.

Pfeh, that is basically a pretense. Given your comments, it sounds decidedly more up your alley than this forsaken subforum, though.

quote:

quote:

quote:

No.

Post #: 45
RE: So many impossible people to please! - 2/2/2012 1:14:00 PM   
Mr Grizzly

"It also bugged me how they couldn't decide if it was to be a prequel or not. They said it's "sort of" a prequel. No, it either is or isn't. Saying "sort of" does not give you license to use actors from the other movies and then completely disregard continuity. "

That really bugged me too Kayotik - as people have been saying, the main strength of first class was the (slightly homoerotic) relationship between Charles and Erik, but the kids characters were mainly pants - they include Beast but not Cyclops, Jean, Iceman etc due to continuity, which was a massive mistake.

Hopefully with more time they can develop stronger characters and Fassbender can work on his accent! I love the Fass, but it's hilarious how he goes back to Irish for the last ten minutes.

(in reply to Kayotik)
Post #: 46
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> RE: So many impossible people to please! Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI