Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Pythons Reunite For Absolutely Anything

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Pythons Reunite For Absolutely Anything Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Pythons Reunite For Absolutely Anything - 27/1/2012 8:33:48 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
Pythons Reunite...? - 27/1/2012 8:33:48 AM   
Simon124

I'm not sure that the pythonesque kind of humour would work that well these days, particularly in a live action film. They are all a lot older, richer, far more right wing than they used to be and just not...edgy enough. The modern comedy consumer is a lot more sophisticated than it was in the 70's or even 80's, I think they would have to work pretty hard to make something as ground breaking as Life of Brian in the current market.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
Flaccid Python - 27/1/2012 9:13:43 AM   
BenTramer

The title of the new film says it all about their ambitions these days - Absolutely Anything. Once they did ambitious projects like The Life Of Brian or The Holy Grail, now they'll do Absolutely Anything (John Cleese named his last tour The Alimony Tour purely done to make money and "feed the beast"). The previous poster says their humour wouldn't work these days because the Pythons are more right-wing and the audience is more sophisticated, it's nothing to do with that. They're just not funny anymore, especially John Cleese, he stopped being funny about 1995 with those awful supermarket ads. The nadir of his career was dancing to Donna Summer's Bad Girls while dressed as a woman in Steve Martin's awful The Out-Of-Towners.

Post #: 3
- 27/1/2012 12:47:23 PM   
Whistler

Python humour will always work. Count me in!

Post #: 4
Intellectualising Python humour ... - 27/1/2012 2:55:36 PM   
Nicky C

... is about as sensible as Bicycle Repair Man.

Post #: 5
The Man who Could Steal the Sunrise? - 31/1/2012 10:21:00 AM   
Sage on the Hudson

"Terry Jones will be directing the film, which will be based on a script he developed with Gavin Scott across the last 20 years."

Jones developed? The story is drawn DIRECTLY from H.G. Wells's story, "The Man Who Could Work Miracles," which was filmed in 1936 by Alexander Korda.

Post #: 6
The Man who Could Steal the Sunrise? - 31/1/2012 10:21:13 AM   
Sage on the Hudson

"Terry Jones will be directing the film, which will be based on a script he developed with Gavin Scott across the last 20 years."

Jones developed? The story is drawn DIRECTLY from H.G. Wells's story, "The Man Who Could Work Miracles," which was filmed in 1936 by Alexander Korda.

Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Pythons Reunite For Absolutely Anything Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI