Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

"IRON MAN 3" (Shane Black, 2013)

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> "IRON MAN 3" (Shane Black, 2013) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
"IRON MAN 3" (Shane Black, 2013) - 25/1/2012 2:42:28 PM   
max314

Yep, the dude who wrote the Lethal Weapon movies, made Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, and said "Jeez that's a big pussy. Jeez that's a big pussy." in Predator is making the second sequel in the franchise.

The first one was okay. Nothing great. Fairly by-the-numbers stuff, retreading the beats seen previously in Spider-Man and Batman Begins (oh yay, another "trial-and-error" montage).

The second one was uneven, but at least it had a heart. You got the sense the filmmakers were trying to come up with new ideas and interesting directions in which to take the story. It's the film where I actually started caring about Tony Stark, not least because of that rather moving scene in which Tony discovers that hidden message from his father...

My gut feeling is this third film will end up being the most loved of the entire franchise. Black's a guy who knows how to deliver big blockbuster entertainment. So I'm sure the thrills and spills will all be in place. I just hope the heart is in there, too.

MAX

Laying the 314 on your candy ass.
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> "IRON MAN 3" (Shane Black, 2013) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI