Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Where the jesus is Drive!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> RE: Where the jesus is Drive! Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Where the jesus is Drive! - 24/1/2012 5:02:02 PM   
Wild about Wilder

WHAT A FUCKING COWARDLY BUNCH OF AWARDS THAT WAS BEST FILM WHY NO NODS FOR DRIVE, GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO OR TINKER TAILOR SOLDIER SPY? SEEMED NOTHING OVER A CERTAIN AGE CATEGORY MADE THE CUT NOT EVEN CLINT'S J.EDGAR.
NO MICHAEL FASSBENDER OR TILDA SWINTON VIRTUALLY GIVING IT TO STREEP SO GONNA HAVE TO PUT UP WITH HER WAXING LYRICLY ON ABOUT THAT DECREPID OLD CRONE! THE OSCARS SAD BUNCH OF COWARDS!
PUSSYS!

(in reply to Coyleone)
Post #: 61
- 24/1/2012 5:10:22 PM   
Dave Oz

Apologies for the triple posts above. I kept getting a message about an issue with the internal server.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 62
FLASHMAN - 24/1/2012 5:25:00 PM   
Frank Comiskey

Everybody knows this is the year of The Artist, but The Academy are in the business of show & this is a line-up to create doubt from certainty. Marty, Woody and Mad Terence in the director's list, Brad & George breathing down Jean Whatisname's stiff-collared neck; Chris Plummer against the equally old Max Von S as supporting actor....................a very interesting year.

Post #: 63
FLASHMAN - 24/1/2012 5:29:03 PM   
Frank Comiskey

Quick word about Fassbender; very good actor, but 100 minutes of silent lustful mouldering followed by a good self-loathing weep at the dock, does not an Oscar winner make; if you want to see an excellent study in sex addiction, look at the brilliant turn of Greg Kinnear in Paul Schrader's 'Auto Focus'.

Post #: 64
RE: FLASHMAN - 24/1/2012 6:02:26 PM   
harryc

Yet I bet you are up in arms about Ryan Gosling not being in there?

quote:

ORIGINAL: Frank Comiskey

Quick word about Fassbender; very good actor, but 100 minutes of silent lustful mouldering followed by a good self-loathing weep at the dock, does not an Oscar winner make; if you want to see an excellent study in sex addiction, look at the brilliant turn of Greg Kinnear in Paul Schrader's 'Auto Focus'.

(in reply to Frank Comiskey)
Post #: 65
- 24/1/2012 6:02:37 PM   
loretta27

DISGUSTED!! >:( NO Fassbender??!! Feel like crying, and not nominating him because he's too young (to win) is the stupidest most arbitrary (possible) reason for not nominating someone EVER! :o I'm actually quite depressed now :'(

NO Tintin in animation when they've nominated Godawful Puss in Boots, Kung Fu Panda 2 and A Cat in Paris - ANYONE heard of that?? Are the Academy really that desparate to appease Brad and Angelina???!

Post #: 66
RE: - 24/1/2012 6:04:46 PM   
harryc

It's not shocking, unfortunately.

In accordance with Academy rules, Senna wouldn't be eligible for nomination as it didn't contain any new material. All of it was already filmed and re-used.

Which is a shame.

quote:

ORIGINAL: D.J

The lack of Senna on the list for best documentary is shocking.

(in reply to D.J)
Post #: 67
RE: RE: - 24/1/2012 6:47:27 PM   
DARKO_DONNIE_DONUT

I havent seen Drive yet ,but by all accounts its a great film,definetly one of the best this year.And its not on the list?,lol oscars.

(in reply to harryc)
Post #: 68
Warrior - 24/1/2012 6:52:49 PM   
Easy Rider

Good to see Nick Nolte has been nominated for Warrior. Thought he played the part really well and i'm a little disappointed Warrior wasn't nominated for anything else particularly for Tom Hardy's performance.

Post #: 69
RE: The 2012 Oscar Nominations Are Here - 24/1/2012 7:02:50 PM   
paul.mccluskey

Pleased and surprised with this year's list. I'm amazed that The Tree of Life has been nominated for Best Picture. Why wasn't Malick in the Best Director category? Also didn't expect to see Hugo get so many nominations, however, after Scorsese's Golden Globes win, it was inevitable really. Nice that Rooney Mara has a nod for The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, her performance as Lisbeth Salander was excellent.

I doubt he'll win, but it's very good that Gary Oldman is in the Best Actor category. He'll at least get a BAFTA, his performance in Tinker Tailor is outstanding.

< Message edited by paul.mccluskey -- 24/1/2012 8:14:42 PM >

Post #: 70
RE: The 2012 Oscar Nominations Are Here - 24/1/2012 8:15:26 PM   
Cool Breeze

Couldnt care less about the oscars anymore.They have no crediblity anymore.Only worth watching the show to see some of the idiotic acceptance speeches.

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

(in reply to paul.mccluskey)
Post #: 71
End result!! Good and Disappointing! - 24/1/2012 8:15:28 PM   
hasmap

I am glad to see Rooney Mara's nod after her brilliant performance in Dragon Tattoo, and Glad for Oldman too for his wonderful turn in Tinker Tailor, while, Clooney, Pitt, Plummer, Spencer we're pretty much no-brainers. But no Gosling for Ides or Drive. And no Albert Brookes for Drive. Drive was film of the year in my view, and there is no questioning that. Very disappointed. But nice to see Jonah Hill in there. But Tintin wins golden globe, but isn't even listed for best animated? Strange.

Post #: 72
- 24/1/2012 8:37:52 PM   
polkadotty5

Just goes to show that the Oscars mean nothing anymore. They have completely lost the prestige that used to be associated with them because they're STILL too cowardly to move with the times. I thought it was bad enough when Forrest Gump won Best Picture against Shawshank AND Pulp Fiction, then they went and gave Crash one. It took them long enough to give Martin Scorsese one as well...
It's a shame the more controversial films are almost never nominated, with them preferring to stick with the reassuring familiarity of Meryl Streep for the 50 millionth time. I haven't seen either of these but I think Michael Fassbender should get an Oscar just for the trailer of Shame and where is Drive? (I'm a 16) I have seen Tinker Tailor though and thought it's a shame it didn't get a Best Picture nom, especially since I've heard that Midnight in Paris is borderline mediocre. Maybe they're just so desperate to kid themselves that Woody Allen is still as good as he used to be.

Post #: 73
- 24/1/2012 8:52:49 PM   
MJEgner

Can't believe Tinker Tailor didn't get nomination for best director or for cinematography!

Post #: 74
- 24/1/2012 8:53:05 PM   
MJEgner

Can't believe Tinker Tailor didn't get nomination for best director or for cinematography!

Post #: 75
- 24/1/2012 9:38:19 PM   
TheMovieAddict101

HOW HAS TRANSFORMERS BEEN NOMINATED FOR ANYTHING?!?!

Post #: 76
RE: - 24/1/2012 10:06:41 PM   
DARKO_DONNIE_DONUT

quote:

ORIGINAL: TheMovieAddict101

HOW HAS TRANSFORMERS BEEN NOMINATED FOR ANYTHING?!?!

Just another reason not to take the Oscars as seriously as before....,if anyone actaully did.

(in reply to TheMovieAddict101)
Post #: 77
BRET? PRESENT. JERMAINE? - 24/1/2012 10:18:44 PM   
Jubilee53

I would LOVE it if Bret McKenzie won an Oscar - it would make my year.
Did anyone else (whilst studying the best make-up category) read the name above Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 as Matthew W. MUGGLE, rather than the actual Mungle??
Or am I th

Post #: 78
BRET? PRESENT. JERMAINE? - 24/1/2012 10:19:06 PM   
Jubilee53

Did anyone else (whilst studying the best make-up category) read the name above Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 as Matthew W. MUGGLE, rather than the actual Mungle??

Post #: 79
BRET? PRESENT. JERMAINE? - 24/1/2012 10:20:12 PM   
Jubilee53

Post #: 80
BRET? PRESENT. JERMAINE? - 24/1/2012 10:22:34 PM   
Jubilee53

Post #: 81
BRET? PRESENT. JERMAINE? - 24/1/2012 10:24:32 PM   
Jubilee53

Post #: 82
BRET? PRESENT. JERMAINE? - 24/1/2012 10:27:16 PM   
Jubilee53

I would LOVE it if Bret McKenzie won an Oscar - it would make my year!
Also, did anyone else (whilst studying the Best Makeup category) read the name above Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 as Matthew W. MUGGLE, rather than the actual Mungle??

Post #: 83
- 24/1/2012 10:34:01 PM   
Jubilee53

sorry for multi-post - website's messed up D:

Post #: 84
other missing contenders - 24/1/2012 11:12:45 PM   
hasmap

Dominic Cooper for Devil's Double and Michael Parks for Red State. They we're both very good films. They we're outstanding performances.

Post #: 85
Ok - 24/1/2012 11:45:00 PM   
leemours84

Well iam a little ticked that Speilberg has been overshadowed for WAR HORSE, No best DIRECTOR?
DRIVE, how in the name of blueberry feck has DRIVE been overlooked!
Mellisa McCarthy for Bridesmaids? Zach G from THE HANGOVER must be scratching his head (think about it)
and I think the final what seems to be ultimatley missing ..
WHERE THE FECK IS ANDY SERKIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes it was performance capture but the word PERFORMANCE is there its all his movements/Face expressions, everything was him!

Post #: 86
Ok - 24/1/2012 11:45:59 PM   
leemours84

Well iam a little ticked that Speilberg has been overshadowed for WAR HORSE, No best DIRECTOR?
DRIVE, how in the name of blueberry feck has DRIVE been overlooked!
Mellisa McCarthy for Bridesmaids? Zach G from THE HANGOVER must be scratching his head (think about it)
and I think the final what seems to be ultimatley missing ..
WHERE THE FECK IS ANDY SERKIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes it was performance capture but the word PERFORMANCE is there its all his movements/Face expressions, everything was him!

Post #: 87
4 words. - 25/1/2012 12:52:21 AM   
neillbert90

Brendan Gleeson, Chris Cornell. 2 over looked nominees.

Post #: 88
Arthur Christmas - 25/1/2012 12:52:56 AM   
Middenway

Maybe it was overlooked because it was a Christmas film, but it was the best-reviewed animated film of the year. It at least deserved a nomination.

Andy Serkis should've been nominated for his work on Rise of the Planet of the Apes too.

Post #: 89
Never Enough....... - 25/1/2012 3:34:25 AM   
Gazz 10

Regardless of how good the year has been in film, there are going to be people that are ticked off with certain nominations and no nominations for great work.

But I guess the academy can't include everything that people like because theres way too much!

. Some of these nominations have surprised me ( no Andy Serkis for one! and no best director for tomas alfredsson?!) but im so happy to see The excellent Gary Oldman FINALLY!!!! getting an oscar nod, about time!

Dont think he'll win it though, my moneys on George Clooney unfortunatly.

Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> RE: Where the jesus is Drive! Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI