Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Spike Lee Heading Back To Brooklyn

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Spike Lee Heading Back To Brooklyn Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Spike Lee Heading Back To Brooklyn - 24/1/2012 10:10:20 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
Hopefully it's been Abandoned! - 24/1/2012 10:10:20 AM   
dannyfletch

Oldboy is an excellent Korean masterpiece that should be left alone. I really don't agree with pointlessly re-,making a film just because people can't be arsed to read subtitles! Hopefully this idea had been abandoned and was not meant to be!

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
No need no new oldboy - 24/1/2012 12:45:55 PM   
deheor

I totally agree with fletch. I am getting sick of these instant remakes like 'let me in' and 'girl with the dragon tattoo' which only exist to appease non-readers. Even if the film turns out solid it just ends up feeling like nothing more than a desperate cash grab.

Post #: 3
- 25/1/2012 2:04:41 PM   
evildave69

I think it's foolish and rather ignorant to suggest that these remakes are only there to appease 'non-readers'. And obviously these are films designed to make money...as were the originals. Don't get me wrong, I don't entirely disagree with you but these aren't Brett Ratner hack jobs, these are well renowned film makers who surely feel it's worth taking another look at this material.

Post #: 4
- 25/1/2012 2:20:51 PM   
evildave69

I think it's foolish and rather ignorant to suggest that these remakes are only there to appease 'non-readers'. And obviously these are films designed to make money...as were the originals. Don't get me wrong, I don't entirely disagree with you but these aren't Brett Ratner hack jobs, these are well renowned film makers who surely feel it's worth taking another look at this material.

Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Spike Lee Heading Back To Brooklyn Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI