Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Underworld: Awakening Tops US Box Office

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Underworld: Awakening Tops US Box Office Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Underworld: Awakening Tops US Box Office - 23/1/2012 10:02:42 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
Proof that the U.S box office counts for Shit!!! - 23/1/2012 10:02:42 AM   
dannyfletch

This all the proof you need to realise that the films that make it big in the box office, especially the U.S one, really do count for shit!!! The Americans will go and watch any old garbage but anything that's decent usually flops. Little things please little minds I suppose!

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
Underworld movies - 23/1/2012 10:40:04 AM   
artilleryman

are rather underrated, I think. Despite there being a concerted effort to bury them critically, they still keep going. They're just as good as the inexplicably rated Blade movies, I think.

Post #: 3
RE: Underworld movies - 23/1/2012 12:56:15 PM   
dannyfletch

Out of the Blade movies it's only the second one which rightly got decent reviews. The first was okay and Blade Trinity was diabolical! Underworld aren't the worst movies out there and they are mildly entertaining, I think the horrendous Resi Evil flicks top the worst franchise! However there's certainly better films out there at the moment that deserve better box office success. The likes of War Horse and Coriolanus spring to mind!

(in reply to artilleryman)
Post #: 4
RE: Underworld movies - 23/1/2012 1:04:22 PM   
DARKO_DONNIE_DONUT

Having only seen the first one (in which I thought was a good/fun typical fantasy,vampire-fest of a movie) I am slightly intrigued by this one,though I take into acount I need to see the others before hand.

Its seems like the only thing Kate Beckinsale is in nowadays,abit like Milla Jovovich,though at a push I'd rate Kate above Milla,which isnt saying much.

(in reply to dannyfletch)
Post #: 5
- 23/1/2012 6:15:10 PM   
leroythemasochist

Kate B does look amazing though. And please don't tell me that's not the reason people watch these movies.
If it makes her money who the hell are we to judge?

Post #: 6
RE: - 23/1/2012 10:57:24 PM   
Cool Breeze

quote:

ORIGINAL: leroythemasochist

Kate B does look amazing though. And please don't tell me that's not the reason people watch these movies.
If it makes her money who the hell are we to judge?

Kate in black leather is the ONLY reason people watch these movies.

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

(in reply to leroythemasochist)
Post #: 7
RE: Underworld movies - 25/1/2012 7:08:04 AM   
Tech_Noir

Are these two franchises made by the same studio (Underworld / Resident Evil)?

If they really want to cash in just do a cross-over.

(in reply to DARKO_DONNIE_DONUT)
Post #: 8
RE: Underworld movies - 25/1/2012 11:08:08 PM   
King of Kafiristan

There is a part of me that gets a sense of sentimental satisfaction from knowing that this quirky series that saw it's debut back when I still was in highschool is still going strong, but somehow, with the insipid state of pop culture these days, the continued werewolf / vampire antics are beginning to grate. I hope the series can exit the stage before it overstays it's welcome. Perhaps now is the time to bow out with dignity, and rather than greenlight another follow up

PS I have nothing against Beckensale in principle (I've liked her well enough in a handful of films), but seeing as my preference favors Rhoda Mitra by several orders of magnitude, I kind of think she got a bum rush, having been awarded the Seleen role only for Beckensale to step back in to snatch it away for a paycheck. It's the CONAN/LENO situation all over again.. or at least that's the best analogy I have at this late hour

(in reply to Tech_Noir)
Post #: 9
RE: Underworld movies - 26/1/2012 1:31:26 AM   
Mojo

Didn't Rhona Mitra play a different role in Underworld 3?

Let's shove a stick up that wolf's ass.

(in reply to King of Kafiristan)
Post #: 10
RE: Underworld movies - 27/1/2012 3:37:46 PM   
King of Kafiristan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mojo

Didn't Rhona Mitra play a different role in Underworld 3?

You may very well be right.. To be honest, I'd have no clue, as I've not seen more than a few minutes of UNDERWORLD ONE. I still support Mitra though, and was pleased to see her take the lead in the series. What with vampires being immortal, I assumed she was portraying the Beckensale role in the prequel

Oh well, hopefully she still has time for a robust career before she becomes too aged for Hollywood to take a chance on her again

(in reply to Mojo)
Post #: 11
RE: Underworld movies - 28/1/2012 11:27:30 AM   
Super Hans

quote:

ORIGINAL: dannyfletch

Out of the Blade movies it's only the second one which rightly got decent reviews. The first was okay and Blade Trinity was diabolical! Underworld aren't the worst movies out there and they are mildly entertaining, I think the horrendous Resi Evil flicks top the worst franchise! However there's certainly better films out there at the moment that deserve better box office success. The likes of War Horse and Coriolanus spring to mind!

I never really got why that was, the first one was much better I thought.  Agree that the 3rd one is best forgotten about!

I'm impressed that those Underworld movies keep going.  Is this the fourth one now??  We rented the first one and were bored shitless by it.

"Its staring at you in the face Mark, there's only one more sex to try..."

(in reply to dannyfletch)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Underworld: Awakening Tops US Box Office Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI