Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Vin Diesel Posts First Riddick Set Pic

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Vin Diesel Posts First Riddick Set Pic Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Vin Diesel Posts First Riddick Set Pic - 23/1/2012 6:39:51 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
This will huge fun - 23/1/2012 6:39:51 AM   
U Boll

The first was excitingly original. Apart from some cheap looking cgi of the second it really showed they had scope, ambition and vision. It was massively entertaining so I can't wait for this one. Scifi lovers heaven

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
Riddick-ulous Fun - 23/1/2012 9:23:44 AM   
BenTramer

Good to see the franchise getting back to basics with Riddick Vs Aliens on mad planet. Still don't think Pitch Black needs any sequels though.

Post #: 3
Fingers crossed! - 23/1/2012 10:09:51 AM   
dannyfletch

Let's hope this works and is not a disaster. Pitch Black's now probably regarded as a sci-fi classic. Chronicles was cheesy but quite entertaining, however I did feel it was slipping in quality. This could be the one that picks it up again!

Post #: 4
which order? - 23/1/2012 6:49:56 PM   
mclane1

can someone tell me if this follows on from chrinicles where he was hailed the new leader of the underverse or is this a prequel to pitch black? thanks

Post #: 5
RE: which order? - 27/1/2012 4:28:12 PM   
King of Kafiristan

As someone who had their dad drive them 45 minutes out of the way to find a theater where PITCH BLACK was showing, back in the day, and then went on to see CHRONICLES OF RIDDICK three times during it's theatrical run, it's gratifying to know that against all odds the chronicles continue in this latest (unfortunately titled) adventure. With that said, I do wish we were getting a shot of Vin on location in some appropriately barren and desolate environment. As it is, these green screen sets don't do terrible much in the way of hype building. The Australian location photography and washed out colors of PITCH BLACK still go a long way towards creating a terrific atmosphere of menace and isolation, and the films I've seen that rely heavily on green screen sets to double for outdoor locations and DON'T end up feeling stage bound are few and far between..

(in reply to mclane1)
Post #: 6
I hope they've learned from past mistakes. - 3/2/2012 10:14:33 AM   
evildave69

I loved Pitch Black and the little animated film but Chronicles fell right on its arse. It didn't seem like a natural direction to go in and didn't retain any of the coolness of Pitch Black or represent itself by continuing the Horror/Sci-Do blend that worked so well. However, I have faith. It seems as though Diesel has had a taste of humble pie and has got through his phase of total shit, and hopefully he and Twohy have learned a few lessons from past experiences.

Post #: 7
Also... - 3/2/2012 10:18:07 AM   
evildave69

I hope they lose that cloak and chest plate early on. It was exactly that kind of preposterous costume decisions that made the 2nd film so bloated...plus it doesn't go with his sunglasses.

Post #: 8
@ mclane1 - 3/2/2012 3:54:43 PM   
mogwatch

Its a sequel to Chronicles of Riddick as Vaako is in it. The prequel Escape from Butcher Bay was a game for xbox (a very good game with all the films actors providing voices).

Post #: 9
strange - 4/2/2012 4:53:20 PM   
elsquig

i could never understand why people prefer pitch black to chronicles. chronicles is a way better film in every single aspect. its like saying alien is superior to aliens . but watever

Post #: 10
Please keep it simple ! - 6/2/2012 7:36:45 AM   
blue_lion

Let’s hope this film keeps it simple and does not set Riddick up as a saviour, part of "Pitch Blacks" charm was the fact Riddick was an edgy anti-hero. Would love to see a dark story unfold here that leaves a few questions.

Post #: 11
Please Keep It Simple ! - 6/2/2012 7:37:26 AM   
blue_lion

Let’s hope this film keeps it simple and does not set Riddick up as a saviour, part of "Pitch Blacks" charm was the fact Riddick was an edgy anti-hero. Would love to see a dark story unfold here that leaves a few questions.

Post #: 12
Vin there done that - 6/2/2012 11:43:12 AM   
therealJAYDEE

Pitch Black was a cool film, Chronicles was mess.
My only two responses to the threequal is NOOOOOOOOOOO and WHYYYYY

Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Vin Diesel Posts First Riddick Set Pic Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI