Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Resident Evil 6

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Resident Evil 6 Page: <<   < prev  3 4 5 [6] 7   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Resident Evil 6 - 13/10/2012 10:41:28 PM   
paulyboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: jinks

that bastard rope climbing, arrrrgghh!

Don't even get me started!

I assume you figured it out eventually but you have to keep at least one trigger held at all times, so hold with the left whilst grabbing with the right and so forth, not just alternating them on and off.

Took me till chapter 5 (of Leon's campaign) and ripping out every strand of my hair out to figure that out!

Just did the snow mobile bit from Jake's section, oh dear!

< Message edited by paulyboy -- 13/10/2012 10:47:57 PM >

"Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever!"

(in reply to jinks)
Post #: 151
RE: Resident Evil 6 - 23/10/2012 11:26:48 PM   
losthighway

Well I finally started it tonight and i'm just up to escaping the campus. So far it's ok. Not as good as RE5 but not as bad as I recall the demo being.

I need some help. I've had two complete strangers try joining my single player game with one actually managing it. I've discovered from looking on forums that I need to switch off the agent hunt setting. I tried doing it with my current game but it doesn't appear to be possible. So i've just had to restart Leons campaign offline and am now going back through the bits I'd already completed. Annoying!!!

However I will carry on with it. My only initial feeling so far is that it seems less of a game and more filmic scenes with the odd press of a button. Although I will say the prologue was pretty epic and reminded me of the end of RE5 in its scale.

The secret to becoming a star is knowing how to behave like one.

(in reply to paulyboy)
Post #: 152
RE: Resident Evil 6 - 28/10/2012 11:33:29 AM   
JAYDAK1SS

I just play Offline so nobody joins and hunts me, its in the options when you are beginning your game.

Also I read there is an update coming that is widening the screen which is great, that was one of my major qualms. That and Jake's campaign.

Black Jesus!!!:

I rode into town on an ass

Yo mommas ass

Black Jesus!!!!!

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 153
RE: Resident Evil 6 - 23/11/2012 10:09:37 AM   
paulyboy

This might please a few people if it turns out to be true, looks like Revelations might be getting a 360 & PS3 release.

Clicky!

(in reply to JAYDAK1SS)
Post #: 154
RE: Resident Evil 6 - 25/11/2012 2:25:13 PM   
James2183

This game is awful, but I've bought it so I'm seeing it through to the end.

Not only can Leon not drive for shit, he can't swim or fly a plane apparently. How he has managed to live through 3 games I don't know.

The whole Resident Evil game engine feels dated and there are no longer any elements of survival horror.

Hey bub, I aint finished with you yet!

"We do not beat the reaper by living longer. We beat the reaper by living well and living fully" - Randy Pausch

(in reply to paulyboy)
Post #: 155
RE: Resident Evil 6 - 27/11/2012 12:19:21 AM   
James2183

Just completed Leon's campaign. Honestly how can people like this game, it's awful. The story and tone have no structure, Ada Wong is somehow Bat Girl, Leon is useless and the games designers think the best way to make a game a challenge is to have the same boss come back again and again and again and again and again.

This is quite possibly the worst game I have played on the 360 and the fact everyone says Leon's campaign is the strongest fills me with dread. I've completed every other Resident Evil game I've played so I'm going to suffer through this until the end.

"We do not beat the reaper by living longer. We beat the reaper by living well and living fully" - Randy Pausch

(in reply to James2183)
Post #: 156
RE: Resident Evil 6 - 27/11/2012 10:37:17 AM   
sroey

Haha - I thought the demo was so bad - but I watched a gamespot video where they said it was a bonkers game so I will pick this up when it drops below 15 ;-)

(in reply to James2183)
Post #: 157
RE: Resident Evil 6 - 27/11/2012 4:52:53 PM   
paulyboy

Resident Evil 6 is a lot of things, but worst game on the 360 isn't one of them.

That said, I can't fucking wait to see what James thinks of Chris's campaign, wuhahahahahaha!

(in reply to sroey)
Post #: 158
RE: Resident Evil 6 - 27/11/2012 5:16:42 PM   
James2183

Pauly, if I've got this angry over Leon's I may ban you out of apocalyptic rage for the next characters.

There was some interesting ideas to be had with the game but they are executed so poorly that it makes it even worse.

I thought the game was picking up at the start of Chapter 5 when you're driving through city with the gas - it had a feel similar to the Mist which was very eerie, then it just turned into a poor action film complete with a boss that returns more times than Freddie Kruger.

What really pissed me off was the zombies that just pop up and attack straight away, you can't block them which automatically loses you health and ***Spoilers*** the sodding fly boss was one of the worst bosses I've ever faced in a game. *spoilers***

This series would benefit from new characters and not keep recycling the same ones each time. Being 'killed' in the Resident Evil universe doesn't mean you'll be dead for long. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Wesker showed up yet again. I don't care about the puppy love Leon has for Ada or how Sherry has somehow become a highly trained operative. New characters please. I'd love to see one in a zombiefied London. But no doubt Wesker would return wearing a beefeater.

< Message edited by James2183 -- 27/11/2012 10:34:52 PM >

(in reply to paulyboy)
Post #: 159
RE: Resident Evil 6 - 27/11/2012 8:39:55 PM   
From_Hell

I actually can't wait to play this now, just to see how bad it is

"What are you gonna do?"

"What I do best. I'm gonna kill 'em. Anyone that was involved. Anybody who profited from it. Anybody who opens their eyes at me."

(in reply to James2183)
Post #: 160
RE: Resident Evil 6 - 28/11/2012 12:37:25 AM   
James2183

I've found Chris' campaign a lot better than Leon's shockingly. Not all out action

Although that's not to say it doesn't have it's problems. It's still running the same engine, the enemies are very similar and for some reason for someone built like a brick shit house Chris apparently can't swim!

And why they keep brining Ada back is anyone's guess. Does anyone actually like her? How are you meant to sympathise with her when she does what she does, it makes Leon's plight even more bloody stupid since he's leading with his manhood rather than his head.

(in reply to From_Hell)
Post #: 161
RE: Resident Evil 6 - 28/11/2012 9:50:25 AM   
paulyboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: James2183

And why they keep brining Ada back is anyone's guess. Does anyone actually like her? How are you meant to sympathise with her when she does what she does, it makes Leon's plight even more bloody stupid since he's leading with his manhood rather than his head.

There is actually an explanation for this to be fair, I won't spoil it though!

As for you liking the Chris campaign, I'm speechless quite frankly!

(in reply to James2183)
Post #: 162
RE: Resident Evil 6 - 28/11/2012 12:33:10 PM   
James2183

quote:

ORIGINAL: paulyboy

quote:

There is actually an explanation for this to be fair, I won't spoil it though!

As for you liking the Chris campaign, I'm speechless quite frankly!

Woah, let's get it right. I'm liking Chris' campaign more than Leon's but it's still not good. I've yet to discover the whole Gears of War crouch thing as I don't try to do it and just run and gun. It's boring that you keep facing the same enemies over and over (although why none of these featured in Leon's campaign I don't know as they're in the same location for parts of the game)

As for Ada, she could have the most sympathetic storyline in gaming and I wouldn't care. For what she has done in previous campaigns you cannot forgive her. Not only for that but because she looks bloody stupid flying around like Batman wearing that outfit and scarf

(in reply to paulyboy)
Post #: 163
RE: Resident Evil 6 - 28/11/2012 12:46:55 PM   
paulyboy

quote:

I've yet to discover the whole Gears of War crouch thing as I don't try to do it and just run and gun.

Until you just mentioned it, I'd forgotten there was even a cover mechanic in the game, I think I used it twice in the 20+ hours I sunk into RE6.

(in reply to James2183)
Post #: 164
RE: Resident Evil 6 - 28/11/2012 11:34:24 PM   
James2183

Almost completed Chris' campaign and it's just occurred to me. Where has Barry been in the last few games?

Finished: Chris Campaign > Leon Campaign

< Message edited by James2183 -- 29/11/2012 12:34:55 AM >

(in reply to paulyboy)
Post #: 165
RE: Resident Evil 6 - 30/11/2012 8:58:00 AM   
sroey

James2183 - would you be interested in a sale/swap of some kind when you are finished with the game?

Its sounds so completely bonkers I feel compelled to play it but don't want to pay full price for it! lol

< Message edited by sroey -- 30/11/2012 9:00:17 AM >

(in reply to James2183)
Post #: 166
RE: Resident Evil 6 - 1/12/2012 10:17:58 AM   
jinks

quote:

ORIGINAL: From_Hell

I actually can't wait to play this now, just to see how bad it is

Well to be honest i absolutely hated the game when i first got it. REALLY disliked it. I gave it a few weeks and came back to it and am liking it a bit more second time around. Yeah its a massive dissapointment compared to the others in the series (hell i even liked RE5!!) but there's some parts that are actually quite good, one particular part of Chris's campaign with a slithery boss fight springs to mind.

(in reply to From_Hell)
Post #: 167
RE: Resident Evil 6 - 1/12/2012 10:19:32 AM   
jinks

quote:

Almost completed Chris' campaign and it's just occurred to me. Where has Barry been in the last few games?

Spoilers:
He flew da choppa in RE3 during the end sequence.

< Message edited by jinks -- 1/12/2012 10:20:18 AM >

(in reply to James2183)
Post #: 168
RE: Resident Evil 6 - 1/12/2012 11:40:36 AM   
James2183

quote:

quote:

Spoilers:

Yup I remember that. But that was 4 games ago

Maybe he's making himself a Jill Sandwich

(in reply to jinks)
Post #: 169
RE: Resident Evil 6 - 1/12/2012 12:03:18 PM   
jinks

quote:

quote:

quote:

Spoilers:

Yup I remember that. But that was 4 games ago

Maybe he's making himself a Jill Sandwich

(in reply to James2183)
Post #: 170
RE: Resident Evil 6 - 3/12/2012 12:58:37 AM   
rich

quote:

Well besides appearing in the Mercenaries 3D and the downloadable character packs for RE5 he has been totally side lined. He should have been in RE5 as a full character, but let's face it Capcom are useless.

Meanwhile...

(in reply to James2183)
Post #: 171
RE: Resident Evil 6 - 3/12/2012 3:17:05 PM   
James2183

Useless is an understatement.

Just finished Jake's campaign. The term mediocre is about right.

Stupid amounts of QTE's and boss regens that go past the point of annoyance and anger through to sadness as you look at what the franchise has become.

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 172
RE: Resident Evil 6 - 3/12/2012 6:54:22 PM   
paulyboy

The Jake campaign was probably my least favourite overall, the snow mobile and motorcycle sections are perfect examples of the game at it's worst, fucking awful.

(in reply to James2183)
Post #: 173
RE: Resident Evil 6 - 3/12/2012 8:11:42 PM   
James2183

The snowmobile and motorcycle chase are up there with the events where you have to run towards the camera and can't see where the feck you're going.

Up to Chapter 5 on Ada's campaign. They seem to have got rid of the backtracking for items etc. with making you play the same levels 4 times over.

Some of the QTE events and set pieces in Ada's campaign are a real pain in the arse, although they will have a long way to go to beat Jake's climbing set pieces.

(in reply to paulyboy)
Post #: 174
RE: Resident Evil 6 - 4/12/2012 5:44:30 PM   
James2183

I'll tell you what really annoys me about this game. There are certain times where you have to chase someone or outrun an enemy yet everytime you open a door the character slowly opens the door carefully.

It's a little thing but bloody stupid!

(in reply to James2183)
Post #: 175
RE: Resident Evil 6 - 6/12/2012 6:37:56 PM   
jinks

quote:

I'll tell you what really annoys me about this game. There are certain times where you have to chase someone or outrun an enemy yet everytime you open a door the character slowly opens the door carefully.

Double Tap the action button (or hold it once pressed, cant remember the combination) they should kick the door in.

(in reply to James2183)
Post #: 176
RE: Resident Evil 6 - 6/12/2012 10:34:14 PM   
James2183

quote:

quote:

Double Tap the action button (or hold it once pressed, cant remember the combination) they should kick the door in.

Good of them to tell us that in the instruction booklet/tutorial

(in reply to jinks)
Post #: 177
RE: Resident Evil 6 - 7/12/2012 12:24:36 AM   
the anomaly

quote:

quote:

quote:

Good of them to tell us that in the instruction booklet/tutorial

That's been the same since RE4 methinks ...

(in reply to James2183)
Post #: 178
RE: Resident Evil 6 - 7/1/2013 10:33:09 AM   
sroey

I'm kind of late to the Resi 6 party - I picked it up from Simplygames.com for 16.

I finished Leons campaign at the weekend and I am on Chapter 5 of Chris's campaign. Graphically it is stunning in parts and bland in others. The driving section in Chris's campaign was laughable - they really have crammed in so much in this game!

I kind of liked Leons campaign it was more fun than the Chris playthrough although the amount of times that Derek fella showed up towards the end was ridiculous! My main problem with the game so far is that its breakneck action all the way - they could have slowed things down in some sections and built up the suspense a little towards a big monster reveal/setpeice. Every bloody corner turned and door opened is a setpeice and it gets kind of tiresome.

Enemy AI is awful. Plain awful. Its not too apparent playing through Leons campaign but it really is obvious when you fight the J'avo with Chris & Piers.

Story wise I got the idea of what was going on but by the end of Leons I wasn't too bothered. Looking forward to Jakes campaign!

Its good fun but its not Resident Evil anymore...

(in reply to the anomaly)
Post #: 179
RE: Resident Evil 6 - 7/1/2013 6:20:36 PM   
JAYDAK1SS

quote:

ORIGINAL: sroey

I'm kind of late to the Resi 6 party - I picked it up from Simplygames.com for 16.

I finished Leons campaign at the weekend and I am on Chapter 5 of Chris's campaign. Graphically it is stunning in parts and bland in others. The driving section in Chris's campaign was laughable - they really have crammed in so much in this game!

I kind of liked Leons campaign it was more fun than the Chris playthrough although the amount of times that Derek fella showed up towards the end was ridiculous! My main problem with the game so far is that its breakneck action all the way - they could have slowed things down in some sections and built up the suspense a little towards a big monster reveal/setpeice. Every bloody corner turned and door opened is a setpeice and it gets kind of tiresome.

Enemy AI is awful. Plain awful. Its not too apparent playing through Leons campaign but it really is obvious when you fight the J'avo with Chris & Piers.

Story wise I got the idea of what was going on but by the end of Leons I wasn't too bothered. Looking forward to Jakes campaign!

Its good fun but its not Resident Evil anymore...

Yeah it is very very action packed and that's what it needed was a couple of areas to slow the pace.

I can advise you that if you thought the driving section was laughable, just don't play Jake's campaign.

Black Jesus!!!:

I rode into town on an ass

Yo mommas ass

Black Jesus!!!!!

(in reply to sroey)
Post #: 180
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 5 [6] 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Resident Evil 6 Page: <<   < prev  3 4 5 [6] 7   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI