Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Resident Evil 6

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Resident Evil 6 Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Resident Evil 6 - 29/9/2012 5:21:07 PM   
steflon

playin this currently (allowed to bring home stuff before release date to help advise customers) only played the Leon storymode...still pooky and makin me jump at shadows, tho feels a bit claustrophobic at times, not in a way to make the horror more horrid, just lots goin on in small places. but thats the only booboo, some quicktime events but uses uses timing aswell, so its not just button mashing

www.twitter.com/Steflon
http://onedayiwillhavehenchmen.blogspot.com/

quote:

ORIGINAL: steffols
we can roam these vast Empire halls as awesome Stefs.

ORIGINAL: hiptobesquare_x
'and that's why Steflon is all kinds of awesome.'

(in reply to Peter Griffin)
Post #: 121
RE: Resident Evil 6 - 30/9/2012 7:24:13 PM   
JAYDAK1SS

quote:

ORIGINAL: steflon

playin this currently (allowed to bring home stuff before release date to help advise customers) only played the Leon storymode...still pooky and makin me jump at shadows, tho feels a bit claustrophobic at times, not in a way to make the horror more horrid, just lots goin on in small places. but thats the only booboo, some quicktime events but uses uses timing aswell, so its not just button mashing

So is it any good???????

Black Jesus!!!:

I rode into town on an ass

Yo mommas ass

Black Jesus!!!!!

(in reply to steflon)
Post #: 122
RE: Resident Evil 6 - 1/10/2012 4:21:46 PM   
paulyboy

.....and the reviews have started to surface.

1UP - Clicky!
Eurogamer - Clicky!
Gamespot - Clicky!
Gametrailers - Clicky!
IGN - Clicky!
OXM - Clicky!

"Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever!"

(in reply to JAYDAK1SS)
Post #: 123
RE: Resident Evil 6 - 1/10/2012 4:39:13 PM   
directorscut

quote:

ORIGINAL: paulyboy

.....and the reviews have started to surface.

1UP - Clicky!
Eurogamer - Clicky!
Gamespot - Clicky!
Gametrailers - Clicky!
IGN - Clicky!
OXM - Clicky!

IGN + OXM == Jokes.

Member of the TMNT 1000 Club.

(in reply to paulyboy)
Post #: 124
RE: Resident Evil 6 - 1/10/2012 6:46:21 PM   
jinks

Bit put out, had the Steelbook on pre-order in my local Gamestop who are now NOT getting it in till midday tomorrow only those who ordered the super expensive 120 No Hope Left Edition get theirs at 8am. Bit of a ballache as am working till half seven and was hoping to get an hour in before work

(in reply to directorscut)
Post #: 125
RE: Resident Evil 6 - 1/10/2012 6:56:28 PM   
directorscut

http://www.destructoid.com/review-resident-evil-6-235326.phtml

(in reply to jinks)
Post #: 126
RE: Resident Evil 6 - 1/10/2012 7:39:55 PM   
paulyboy

Reviews are all over the shop.

I'm in two minds as to whether to go through with a purchase tomorrow or not, suppose if it's shit I could trade it back soon'ish for a decent amount.

Hmmmmmmm!

Post #: 127
RE: Resident Evil 6 - 1/10/2012 7:56:45 PM   
James2183

Gamespot panned it http://uk.gamespot.com/resident-evil-6/reviews/resident-evil-6-review-6397338/

Hey bub, I aint finished with you yet!

"We do not beat the reaper by living longer. We beat the reaper by living well and living fully" - Randy Pausch

(in reply to paulyboy)
Post #: 128
RE: Resident Evil 6 - 1/10/2012 8:00:08 PM   
sroey

CVGs review is a bit of a joke.

Resi6 - CVG

A mostly negative review and a score of 8.0 - they even stated they wouldnt buy it full price...

I am avoiding this game. Seems like a right mess...

(in reply to James2183)
Post #: 129
RE: Resident Evil 6 - 1/10/2012 8:11:27 PM   
From_Hell

Reviews are mixed to say the least. From reasonably positive reviews from IGN and CVG to a proper shoeing from Gamespot. I reckon the price of this game is going to drop like a stone, so I'll sit tight and try and pick this up for a tenner in the January sales.

"What are you gonna do?"

"What I do best. I'm gonna kill 'em. Anyone that was involved. Anybody who profited from it. Anybody who opens their eyes at me."

(in reply to sroey)
Post #: 130
RE: Resident Evil 6 - 2/10/2012 9:14:25 AM   
Invader_Ace

Really dissapointed in this advanced word.  Looks like this could be the first main continuity game I won't be rushing out to buy.
I mean, I know it's Destructoid, but a fucking 3?!
What have you done Capcom?!  Even the vaguely positive reviews are full of horrible shit like dodgy cover mechanics and quicktime events. Bad Times.

(in reply to From_Hell)
Post #: 131
RE: Resident Evil 6 - 3/10/2012 11:06:22 AM   
losthighway

OK so i'm going to sound like a complete hyprocrit here but i ended up downloading the demo and whilst I realise it was still a work in progress, can someone please confirm to me whether the unbelievably slow walking around and camera angles are ironed out because compared with RE5 (which i loved!), it was truly shocking and I agree it was a major disappointment...

I've got the 360 steelbook on its way in the post and will trade it in if these issues are still prevelent??

The secret to becoming a star is knowing how to behave like one.

(in reply to Invader_Ace)
Post #: 132
RE: Resident Evil 6 - 3/10/2012 11:15:12 AM   
Happy Shrapnel

I was very, very disappointed by Res 5, I think Capcom peaked at 4 with this franchise.
Res 4 was brilliant and Res 5 just felt liked they had taken a step back, it was just so unsatisfying and not scary !
I won't be buying 6 at full price, not now I've read some of the comments.

In John Le Mesurier's last words........

' Its All Been Rather Lovely '

Happy Trails

(in reply to losthighway)
Post #: 133
RE: Resident Evil 6 - 3/10/2012 11:54:37 AM   
James2183

Giant Bomb spent over an hour on the latest podcast ripping the game to shreds. From the sounds of things there wasn't anyone overseeing the game and that it's just a miss mash of different departments working together.

I'll pick it up when it's under a tenner or rent it from LoveFilm.

Hey bub, I aint finished with you yet!

"We do not beat the reaper by living longer. We beat the reaper by living well and living fully" - Randy Pausch

(in reply to Happy Shrapnel)
Post #: 134
RE: Resident Evil 6 - 3/10/2012 11:56:36 AM   
paulyboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: losthighway

can someone please confirm to me whether the unbelievably slow walking around and camera angles are ironed out

Bought the full game yesterday.

Hard to know what part of the demo you're referring to here, presume with the slow walking comment you mean the Leon one. Once you're past the opening sections of the game full control is allowed and you can peg it around as fast as you like. That said the camera is still on the wonk, it's fine in larger areas but when you're holed up in a corrider surrounded by enemies it can be quite frustrating, but then I personally found that to be the case with 4 & 5 as well.

As for the game, only played about 90 minutes of Leon's campaign, it's quite fun so far, nice mix of quiet moments and set-pieces, sits somewhere between 4 & 5 in tone, not quite as atmospheric as 4 but certainly moodier than 5.

So yeah, so far it's fine, but then we knew Leon's section would be ok from the reviews, it's the others I'm not looking forward to trying, if the the demo is anything to go by.

< Message edited by paulyboy -- 3/10/2012 11:57:52 AM >

(in reply to losthighway)
Post #: 135
RE: Resident Evil 6 - 3/10/2012 12:37:33 PM   
Olaf

Looking at the start of this thread, depressing to think how this game still failed to meet my expectations even when my expectations weren't very high. They really should just put this series down now, for everyone's sake.

I tried to groan, Help! Help! But the tone that came out was that of polite conversation.

Empire Top 100 Albums Poll 2013: CLICK HERE

(in reply to paulyboy)
Post #: 136
RE: Resident Evil 6 - 3/10/2012 4:09:08 PM   
directorscut

quote:

ORIGINAL: Olaf

Looking at the start of this thread, depressing to think how this game still failed to meet my expectations even when my expectations weren't very high. They really should just put this series down now, for everyone's sake.

What they should do is port Revelations to consoles as that is supposedly brilliant and a true Resident Evil game.

It's more than a bit sad when a handheld spin-off is better than your main series release.

(in reply to Olaf)
Post #: 137
RE: Resident Evil 6 - 4/10/2012 12:27:40 PM   
Rhubarb

Its not totally awful so far (I'm switching between the various campaigns) but it is the most inconsistant game I've ever played - a really good bit will be followed by something irredeemably bad, and then a section of something interesting. Its just trying to please everyone, I guess, and not really satisfying anyone.

Team Ginge
WWLD?

quote:

ORIGINAL: FritzlFan

You organisational skills sicken me, Rhubarb.

Post #: 138
RE: Resident Evil 6 - 4/10/2012 12:32:15 PM   
Happy Shrapnel

Its such a shame, the Resident Evil series was THE bench mark for games back in the day, Hell, its the reason I bought a console in the4 first place !
They've just fucked it beyond all recognition.

In John Le Mesurier's last words........

' Its All Been Rather Lovely '

Happy Trails

(in reply to Rhubarb)
Post #: 139
RE: Resident Evil 6 - 4/10/2012 3:35:53 PM   
paulyboy

Well, if I'm being honest, the Leon campaign is rocking my socks off, had lots of fun running through on co-op so far, only about half done with it and have already spent 5 hours shooting my way through the city. If each campaign is this large then the game is huge. Seriously though, it's kind of like Resident Evil 2 (in setting) crossed with the way 4 & 5 play.

It's just such a shame I'm expecting the other campiagns to let it all down, oh well, will cross that bridge when I get there.

< Message edited by paulyboy -- 4/10/2012 3:36:18 PM >

(in reply to Happy Shrapnel)
Post #: 140
RE: Resident Evil 6 - 5/10/2012 12:28:30 PM   
Sleazy

Hearing lots of bad things (although have heard a few people who like it) I really didnt like Resi 5 so am gonna wait till this is cheap, somewhere around a tenner I reckon.

In the meantime I'm gonna go through these again:

Gamertag: Sleazycome

PSN ID: Sleazytoon

(in reply to paulyboy)
Post #: 141
RE: Resident Evil 6 - 6/10/2012 7:31:36 PM   
JAYDAK1SS

Just finished Leon's campaign, honestly the highs really out number the lows, really enjoyed the first campaign so looking forward to see what the other two have in store, they will have to be fucking unplayable for me to slate this game after playing with leon

Black Jesus!!!:

Yo mommas ass

Black Jesus!!!!!

(in reply to Sleazy)
Post #: 142
RE: Resident Evil 6 - 6/10/2012 7:45:26 PM   
thepluginbaby

Being aware of the critical reception this game has received, I've waded in like Chris in the mansion during the original game. I'm playing through as Leon at the moment and am pretty far in (I think). I know there is a lot more to go as well. Overall I am really enjoying it. The earlier parts of Leon's campaign are highly reminiscent of Resi 2, except the chaos is happening all around you. Like the mechanics as well, the ability to move and shoot as well as dodge is great. Graphically the game is really good looking too, especially when you chuck an incendiary grenade, looks beautiful. Also, the voice acting and cinematics are just superb, highly evolved from the old days.

I guess the only gripes with the game are some of the QTEs, I don't mind them usually, but I've just done the bit with the fan where you have to waggle the left stick from left to right like crazy. This is the kind of thing that breaks joypads. Also some of the enemies have the habit of being bullet sponges. In previous resi games, even the newer ones there was always a particular strategy, use flashbangs against mutants and use ammo sparingly for crowd control etc. Just dunking ammo into enemies feels a little lazy.

"I have come to the conclusion that my gut, has shit for brains."

"Must go faster..."

My personal blog, ToBePhair, full of frantic movie/music/video game scribblings: http://tobephair.blogspot.com/

Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/ToBePhair

(in reply to JAYDAK1SS)
Post #: 143
RE: Resident Evil 6 - 8/10/2012 7:35:47 AM   
JAYDAK1SS

I finished the Chris campaign last night, I would put it on par with resi 5. Again some stupid QTEs but the good out ways the bad in this. I don't see where the uproar is coming from, okay it's not as interesting as Leon's story but its still resident evil all over. The cover system is simple but works fine, and there is plenty of creatures to use dodges on, very satisfying to dive under a creatures attack and blow its face off.

Now just to play jakes story....

Black Jesus!!!:

Yo mommas ass

Black Jesus!!!!!

(in reply to thepluginbaby)
Post #: 144
RE: Resident Evil 6 - 8/10/2012 2:48:01 PM   
paulyboy

Completed Leon's campaign yesterday, I'd agree with JAYDAK1SS that the highs outnumber the lows.

The series has definitely caught Uncharteditis mind you. Cinematically it's hard to fault, the production values are through the roof, voice acting is top notch and the cut scenes are utterly phenomenal in places, but ultimately the obsession of wanting every boss encounter or large set-piece to be some hyper choreographed sympony of destruction is to the detriment of the gameplay sometimes.

I'm not against QTE's in the strictest sense, if they're simply making what would have been a cut scene interactive then I'm fine with that, but when they start to replace what would have been gameplay (once upon a time), it starts to grate. I have to be honest, I didn't really feel like I worked for the boss encounters in chapter 4 & 5, just that I chipped in every now and again.

As for what worked, the end of Chapter 1 is a good example, you're holed up in a gunshop in the centre of the city helping a few survivors beat back a horde of zombies outside, slowly falling back further and further into the building as they overwhelm you, scrambling for ammo and health at every chance. It's sweaty palmed zombie fuelled survival at it's best.

So yeah, some fantastic highs, mixed with some confused lows. It's a long way from awful, but Capcom really need to focus on what works in future.

Now to play the rest...

(in reply to JAYDAK1SS)
Post #: 145
RE: Resident Evil 6 - 8/10/2012 6:07:46 PM   
The REAL Bozz

Okay so just cleared the whole game (all 4 sections). The bad first. There's no denying those quick time events are a pain in the arse. One or two fine, but the game is over loaded with them and they are awkward too. Not like just pressing a bloody button. The shooting - I'm not one of those who bemoan's the fact RE is turning into action - but here the recoil from the guns is lousy, you waste so much ammo at times. It's not broke, but not far off it and I have read that you can equip stats that will sort out the aiming....but still....be arsed with that?

The good. The story is boss. The scope of the game is fantastic. Leon I expeted to have the best section and for the first few chapters he does. Then this one fucking boss....beyond a joke. Must come back at least SIX times! Got old quick. Chris, funnily enough had the most fluid section. Really enjoyed his and the end was boss, totally unexpected and a first for the series me thinks. Jake's section was bit too 'on rails' for my liking and the combat elements basically renders any threat void. He's too powerful. Like Alice in the films. You can just spam mele and kill ANYTHIN. Not all bad though. Ada's is probably the most tradtional RE section. Neat puzzels, solid mix of combat. Not bad.

Just checking out mercs mode. It's hard. Seems there's any issue with the servers. Been trying to get an online match goin all afternoon to no avail.

To sum up. A good attempt at mixing it up. It's no means a Gamespot 4.5, seriously...WTF was he playing? I'd give it about a 7. Defo has it's problems, to sum up and be a bit crude but give ya an idea of how it sums up, the 3DS Revelations shits all over this. By FAR a better RE game. But this one is still worth a rent a least, DEFO a buy if you see it on the cheap.

< Message edited by The REAL Bozz -- 8/10/2012 6:09:33 PM >

Films I've watched
Star Trek Into Darkness ***
Iron Man 3 *****
Evil Dead (2013) ***
Bait 3D ***

(in reply to paulyboy)
Post #: 146
RE: Resident Evil 6 - 12/10/2012 3:53:00 PM   
paulyboy

Just polished off Chris's campaign, it doesn't start great, first couple of chapters were a slog if I'm honest, but it gets better definitely, the ending is a corker, I nearly shed man tears I tell ya!

(in reply to The REAL Bozz)
Post #: 147
RE: Resident Evil 6 - 12/10/2012 10:06:35 PM   
JAYDAK1SS

I'm on Ada's campaign now, having finished jakes campaign I can say it is the weakest, chapter 2 being the worst chapter in the game so far. Bozz is right in saying it is nearly on rails, but I will go further and say its just fucking shite.

Anyway just finished chapter 1 of Ada and its good, just worried how interesting it will be since I have a feeling it will cross over alot with what's already been done in the other campaigns.

Black Jesus!!!:

Yo mommas ass

Black Jesus!!!!!

(in reply to paulyboy)
Post #: 148
RE: Resident Evil 6 - 12/10/2012 10:18:03 PM   
The REAL Bozz

quote:

ORIGINAL: paulyboy

Just polished off Chris's campaign, it doesn't start great, first couple of chapters were a slog if I'm honest, but it gets better definitely, the ending is a corker, I nearly shed man tears I tell ya!

Right?! I was shocked. "Noooooooo". Overally it's a solid game. Some of the feedback, not the majority thankfully, is a fucking joke. People moaning on and on and on.

< Message edited by The REAL Bozz -- 12/10/2012 10:19:39 PM >

Films I've watched
Star Trek Into Darkness ***
Iron Man 3 *****
Evil Dead (2013) ***
Bait 3D ***

(in reply to paulyboy)
Post #: 149
RE: Resident Evil 6 - 13/10/2012 10:22:09 PM   
jinks

Finished leons campaign, onto Chris now. Hated it at first, kinda liked it. Now just plain hate it. Awful qte sections, that bastard rope climbing, arrrrgghh! Lousy recoil means you waste far too much ammo, cheap deaths, magically appearing enemies, the list goes on and on. It's the most disappointing game I've played this year by a long shot. I really wanted to like it, but too much in it I hate in games. Shall remain on the shelf gathering dust.

Hate it

(in reply to steflon)
Post #: 150
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Resident Evil 6 Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI