Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Resident Evil 6

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Resident Evil 6 Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Resident Evil 6 - 21/6/2012 3:04:38 PM   
thepluginbaby

From what I've seen thus far of RE6, I think they're trying to pack too much into one game to appeal to all different kinds of players. Not sure how its going to turn out, but I reckon its going to feel inconsistent.

"I have come to the conclusion that my gut, has shit for brains."

"Must go faster..."

My personal blog, ToBePhair, full of frantic movie/music/video game scribblings: http://tobephair.blogspot.com/

Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/ToBePhair

(in reply to James2183)
Post #: 91
RE: Resident Evil 6 - 4/7/2012 9:25:45 AM   
paulyboy

Just a reminder, for those of you with a copy of Dragon's Dogma on Xbox 360 you can now download a demo of Resident Evil 6.

"Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever!"

(in reply to thepluginbaby)
Post #: 92
Early sales??? - 31/8/2012 6:39:16 PM   
JAYDAK1SS

Hmm, seems a shop in Poland has broken the street sale date and started selling copies of this to the public. Wonder will this mean we could see an even earlier release than October. Or see copies of this on ebay...........

Black Jesus!!!:

I rode into town on an ass

Yo mommas ass

Black Jesus!!!!!

(in reply to paulyboy)
Post #: 93
RE: Early sales??? - 31/8/2012 7:07:30 PM   
rich

It's out in the next couple of weeks anyway surely? September time

Weekend write-ups

(in reply to JAYDAK1SS)
Post #: 94
RE: Early sales??? - 1/9/2012 5:15:14 PM   
losthighway

I'm old enough to remember the first game and was a massive fan of RE2. I've said it elsewhere (and probably on this thread!) but I really enjoyed RE5 and have recently pre-ordered the steelbook edition of RE6. Have to be honest, the change in style of gameplay really doesn't bother me. There's plenty of other horror based games on the market which match RE's original gameplay ethos. I'm looking forward to RE6 although it slightly concerns me that you appear to need to have at least some knowledge of the last RE game Racoon City - i've never played it!

The secret to becoming a star is knowing how to behave like one.

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 95
RE: Early sales??? - 1/9/2012 8:17:32 PM   
rich

quote:

ORIGINAL: losthighway
it slightly concerns me that you appear to need to have at least some knowledge of the last RE game Racoon City - i've never played it!

I thought ORC was just a shoddy retelling of RE2-3. What did you hear about this? Any connection would surely be to the original games since they are the canon version of events.

Weekend write-ups

(in reply to losthighway)
Post #: 96
RE: Early sales??? - 18/9/2012 9:47:56 PM   
sroey

Ok -playing the demo and What.The.Fuck?!

Leons section wasn't too bad, the shooting mechanics seem fast and effective but the enemies are poor and there are all sorts of collision issues and glitches going on. Still it was kind of creepy but not a mark on the other games (ignoring RE5).

There is something odd about the camera placement too - seems far too close to the player too. It just seems off.

And then I got to the 'Chris' section. Holy shit its like a poor mans cover shooter! This isnt a Resi game. I understand the need to appeal to the mainstream action junkies but this is awful - poor AI with enemies running past your fellow soldiers and even standing right next to them being completely ignored!! Madness.

Initially the graphics seem ok - but some of the textures in use are awful and dull.

The mechanics are clumsy and the gameplay feels floaty and off - much like Lost Planet when I played that. I'm glad I haven't pre-ordered!

UPDATE: Just finished the 'Jake' section...

Fucking awful

< Message edited by sroey -- 18/9/2012 10:09:02 PM >

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 97
RE: Resident Evil 6 - 18/9/2012 10:26:10 PM   
paulyboy

Have to agree with sroey, not good, not good at all, I'm one of the few who seemingly enjoyed Resident Evil 5 as well.

Leon's section is actually pretty decent.

The other two though, Jesus, if you thought Resident Evil 5 was "just an action game now", then you ain't seen nothing yet, Chris's section especially, it really is Gears of Resident Duty, it makes 5 look positively slow burn.

I was looking forward to this, unlike most I'm not necessarily against these becoming "just shooters", that's all I saw 4 & 5 as truth be told and I really, really enoyed those (4 is one my favourite games of all time), but this, I'm just a bit speechless.

Here's hoping that out of context these aren't respresentative of the game as a whole, cautiously awaiting review scores now....

< Message edited by paulyboy -- 18/9/2012 10:31:36 PM >

(in reply to sroey)
Post #: 98
RE: Resident Evil 6 - 19/9/2012 1:04:53 AM   
rich

Only played the Leon bit so far. Partner seems to leave you alone with no micro managing their stuff which is improved. Random boxes with textures on from 2003 though? Dunno, looks okay, plays okay. Very dark to see sometimes. Lacking music in most areas which added something to the older ones. Gameplay seems a bit floaty, kung fu attacks are dumb. Will try the rest later.

Weekend write-ups

(in reply to paulyboy)
Post #: 99
RE: Resident Evil 6 - 19/9/2012 7:51:07 AM   
sroey

I absolutely loved RE4 - wasn't too impressed with RE5 though - it did get better towards the end of the game.

It is only a demo and probably and old build but if it was all Leon then it wouldn't be too bad.

As Rich mentioned the game is very dark. Struggled to see the enemies at times, unless they were right on top of you. Ammo is sparse but not in a good-tense way. What is with those dog things from the Jake section? You just dont get enough ammo to deal with them and end up having to kick everyone to death.

Awful.

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 100
RE: Resident Evil 6 - 19/9/2012 10:12:05 AM   
The REAL Bozz

TBH I think everyone is going a bit OTT with the "awful" comments. It plays well enough. The cover system took some getting used to in Chris's section but once I figured it out it was fine. It's a demo. IGN have said they've played a more complete version the game and the demo does not do it justice. 'Resident Evil' as we know it has been dead since part 4. They aren't scary no more. I still think the finished game will be fun though.

< Message edited by The REAL Bozz -- 19/9/2012 10:13:22 AM >

Films I've watched
Star Trek Into Darkness ***
Iron Man 3 *****
Evil Dead (2013) ***
Bait 3D ***

(in reply to sroey)
Post #: 101
RE: Resident Evil 6 - 19/9/2012 10:48:56 AM   
sroey

I tried to like it - Leons section was ok - the rest was garbage. If this was anything other than a RE game it would get slated.

I know its only a demo but based on that I'm defo not buying it. The fact that it is a RE game almost makes me want to play through it and give it a chance...

(in reply to The REAL Bozz)
Post #: 102
RE: Resident Evil 6 - 19/9/2012 11:14:06 AM   
The REAL Bozz

I'm going to check it out again later today. Play with the other characters. I will admit it was a shock to begin with regarding the controls. I'm pretty sure the full game will be fine. The only thing I can see annoying fans - and I get it - is the heavy action elements. Capcom though, they said, whether right or wrong, they had to move the series into a more action heavy direction in order to appeal to as many games as possible due to the demand laid out to meet the same amount of sales as the Call of Duty series. It's a shame. The game designers are only doing what they are told though. Sadly the game industry seems to be all about £££ first and foremost these days. As for Resident Evil...I guess I can only sum up with the controls were okay, IGN have said the new build plays well, this was a OLD demo to be clear, as long as the story is good and it plays well I don't care really. Like I said the games haven't been scary since 4, when the action really reared it's head. I can vouch for Resident Evil Revelations on the 3Ds. Probably the most old school Resi game out there at the moment but with fantastic controls.

Films I've watched
Iron Man 3 *****
Evil Dead (2013) ***
Bait 3D ***

(in reply to sroey)
Post #: 103
RE: Resident Evil 6 - 19/9/2012 5:25:28 PM   
directorscut

Ugh.

So they've gone full action game.

A shame because as an action game it bloody sucks!

Member of the TMNT 1000 Club.

Post #: 104
RE: Resident Evil 6 - 19/9/2012 7:10:26 PM   
rich

Yeah playing the rest it's just so... average on all levels.

Weekend write-ups

(in reply to directorscut)
Post #: 105
RE: Resident Evil 6 - 20/9/2012 2:17:02 PM   
juanvasquez

My initial thoughts were that it was really good. A big improvement. But by the time I'd run through it all, apathy had set in. It was just painfully average.

Check out my cult games reviews and features at Horror Cult Films

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 106
RE: Resident Evil 6 - 20/9/2012 2:36:05 PM   
directorscut

My initial thoughts were "this is making Resident Evil 5 look like a masterpiece".

Member of the TMNT 1000 Club.

(in reply to juanvasquez)
Post #: 107
RE: Resident Evil 6 - 21/9/2012 10:39:29 AM   
losthighway

As i've said I enjoyed RE5 and imho the games just appear to be falling in line with the movie franchise... lets be honest the films were never horror, they've all been pure out action with a bit of CGI blood thrown in to give a respectful nod to their videogame origin.

I'll give the demo a swirve and wait patiently my RE6 steelbook edition. I think basing opinion on a demo which has already been stated as not playing like the finished game is a bit pointless...

Roll on 2nd October!

The secret to becoming a star is knowing how to behave like one.

(in reply to directorscut)
Post #: 108
RE: Resident Evil 6 - 21/9/2012 10:28:59 PM   
the anomaly

quote:

As i've said I enjoyed RE5 and imho the games just appear to be falling in line with the movie franchise... lets be honest the films were never horror, they've all been pure out action with a bit of CGI blood thrown in to give a respectful nod to their videogame origin.

Strange turn of events considering the films were barely like the games. Hate to see their success influencing the games too.

quote:

I'll give the demo a swirve and wait patiently my RE6 steelbook edition. I think basing opinion on a demo which has already been stated as not playing like the finished game is a bit pointless...

Roll on 2nd October!

I tried the demo just to get a feel for it. Admittedly only Leons section. I thought it was OK.

I've said the same thing in every thread that's come up:

- I'd like a new survival horror IP.
- Happy to accept this for what it is - Action/horror. Fingers crossed it is still good.

(in reply to losthighway)
Post #: 109
RE: Resident Evil 6 - 21/9/2012 10:37:48 PM   
The REAL Bozz

The Resi games will never go back to survival horror. It's just not gonna happen. I can't wait to get RE6.

Films I've watched
Iron Man 3 *****
Evil Dead (2013) ***
Bait 3D ***

(in reply to the anomaly)
Post #: 110
RE: Resident Evil 6 - 22/9/2012 2:14:51 AM   
Rhubarb

Demo: I like the Leon bit. The new guy I could probably get used to. The Chris section seems to be borderline unplayable.

Team Ginge
WWLD?

quote:

ORIGINAL: FritzlFan

You organisational skills sicken me, Rhubarb.

Post #: 111
RE: Resident Evil 6 - 22/9/2012 7:25:10 PM   
JAYDAK1SS

Think I was hastey pre ordering my steelbook copy, my main gripe is the fucking camera angle, on top of the dark screen, makes it hard to see what's going on. The Chris section took some getting used to but really only played through it on co op, otherwise would have just ended the demo and gone back to battlefield if I want to play in a war zone. And even in the Leon section, you can just get by by giving every zombie you cross a round house kick to the face.

Hope Jean-Claude VanDamme is an unlockable character at that rate.

Black Jesus!!!:

Yo mommas ass

Black Jesus!!!!!

(in reply to Rhubarb)
Post #: 112
RE: Resident Evil 6 - 24/9/2012 8:04:14 AM   
SwozTheRevenge

quote:

ORIGINAL: JAYDAK1SS

Hope Jean-Claude VanDamme is an unlockable character at that rate.

Would pay extra for

@ChairmanBLAOW

(in reply to JAYDAK1SS)
Post #: 113
RE: Resident Evil 6 - 25/9/2012 9:15:36 AM   
sroey

as JAYDAK1SS said - the camera is all wrong for me. I had another go with the demo at the weekend and I really did try to like it...

...but I dislike it even more now...

Camera is far too close to the character for some reason...doesn't seem right...

I'll stop attacking this game now as others seem well up for it.

(in reply to SwozTheRevenge)
Post #: 114
RE: Resident Evil 6 - 25/9/2012 7:45:43 PM   
the anomaly

Surprised there's been no real mention of DLC yet?

Only some map pack for Mercenaries I noticed amazon had codes for.

Have Capcom learnt their lesson? Or is it just all on disc awaiting unlock?

Not sure if I'm rushing out to get this. There has been a draught of co-op games for sure. But Borderlands 2 may take precedent over this.

(in reply to sroey)
Post #: 115
RE: Resident Evil 6 - 25/9/2012 11:17:47 PM   
JAYDAK1SS

I thought I read something about a section of game where you play as Ada wong, think it was mentioned as DLC?

Black Jesus!!!:

Yo mommas ass

Black Jesus!!!!!

(in reply to the anomaly)
Post #: 116
RE: Resident Evil 6 - 26/9/2012 12:16:42 AM   
rich

The Ada chapter unlocks last as part of the normal game. The only DLC they announced is all online versus related stuff.

quote:

London – September 11, 2012 - Capcom®, a leading worldwide developer and publisher of video games, is pleased to confirm that the Resident Evil™ 6 experience will be further enhanced with the release of new modes and additional content following the launch of this highly anticipated title on home consoles this October 2.

Available as downloadable content, three new gameplay modes will expand on the multiplayer elements available in the retail version and deliver new and exciting ways to enjoy the world of Resident Evil 6.

Survivors Mode takes the classic solo- and team-based versus mode and adds a twist. Get killed and you respawn as an enemy character with the ability to attack the human characters. Take down two human characters to resurrect in human form. Last man or team standing wins.

In Predator Mode, one player takes on the role of the Ustanak, the fearsome B.O.W. that stalks Jake Muller throughout his campaign, and tries to eliminate the human players. The humans’ task: stop the deadly B.O.W. in its tracks, or at least survive until the end of the session.

Choosing the human side in Siege Mode will see players protecting a single NPC, while as a member of the enemy team, players will need to eliminate that same NPC. If the NPC is still alive at the end of the time period, the human team win.

Survivors, Predator and Siege modes will all support up to six players online and be played using maps from Mercenaries Mode.

Players will be able to track their accomplishments in these three modes alongside their main campaign statistics and compare their performance with others by registering on Resident Evil.Net, the free online service that launches alongside Resident Evil 6.

Further post-launch downloadable content for Resident Evil 6 will include additional maps for Mercenaries, which can in turn then be used as maps for Survivors, Predator and Siege modes, plus other items yet to be announced.

< Message edited by rich -- 26/9/2012 12:17:38 AM >

Weekend write-ups

(in reply to JAYDAK1SS)
Post #: 117
RE: Resident Evil 6 - 27/9/2012 1:28:12 PM   
paulyboy

Released in 5 days...

A quick google search reveals some early review scores popping up, which range from decent all the way to Gamespots editor tweeting about how awful he thinks the game is and then promptly removing said comments (presumably) because of the embargo, which (I think) lifts on Monday.

We shall see!

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 118
RE: Resident Evil 6 - 27/9/2012 1:33:16 PM   
Scott_

I liked the demo, obviously it's shit but with a friend its crazy, random and quite fun. Still won't be buying it though.

"You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig."

Check out my top 21 films - http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3188740

360 Gamertag - SmokinFuzz

(in reply to paulyboy)
Post #: 119
RE: Resident Evil 6 - 27/9/2012 5:29:39 PM   
Peter Griffin

Gonna dust the ps2 down and play 1 & 2 instead, Resi 2 was the best one, one of my fav games ever remember playing it non stop through the night like Tim in Spaced.

"No point in mentioning these bats, I thought. Poor bastard will see them soon enough."

"Me and Pete Griffin would make a beautiful Dead Space ass kicking baby."

(in reply to Scott_)
Post #: 120
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Resident Evil 6 Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI