Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Resident Evil 6

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Resident Evil 6 Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Resident Evil 6 - 23/1/2012 10:48:30 AM   
JAYDAK1SS

Hmm, it does look like a giraffe getting head. Any way CVG posted an article saying there may be 6 player co op, assuming it will be another horde type addition?

Black Jesus!!!:

I rode into town on an ass

Yo mommas ass

Black Jesus!!!!!

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 31
RE: Resident Evil 6 - 23/1/2012 11:16:51 AM   
juanvasquez

quote:

ORIGINAL: rich

Looks like the same crap they sold us last time, no deal. RE4 worked because they put some effort in and got back Shinji Mikami, someone with talent. It's not Resident Evil but it's still the best game of that generation. RE5 just rehashed it and threw in a lot of fan service and bad AI.

Also

Once you see it, you can't unsee it!

Check out my cult games reviews and features at Horror Cult Films

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 32
RE: Resident Evil 6 - 23/1/2012 3:55:41 PM   
The REAL Bozz

How anyone can say Resi5 was a bad game is beyond me. It's a great game. Is it scary? No but so what. I dobt Dead Space will be scary by the time it reaches part 5. I thought the trailer for Resi6 looks incredible. Can't wait to get my hands on it.

Films I've watched
Star Trek Into Darkness ***
Iron Man 3 *****
Evil Dead (2013) ***
Bait 3D ***

(in reply to juanvasquez)
Post #: 33
RE: Resident Evil 6 - 23/1/2012 4:15:01 PM   
talpacino

quote:

ORIGINAL: The REAL Bozz

How anyone can say Resi5 was a bad game is beyond me. It's a great game. Is it scary? No but so what. I dobt Dead Space will be scary by the time it reaches part 5. I thought the trailer for Resi6 looks incredible. Can't wait to get my hands on it.

It's not that it's a bad game or that 6 looks especially bad, it's just not Resident Evil. It's just another action game, they could just totally rebrand it. They seem to be completely neglecting their survival horror roots and there's still a market for it, most of us here loved Dead Space 2. It's a bigger game than the original but still kept the basic survival horror.

I don't want QTEs or on rail sections. I just want to be stuck in a creepy mansion as the master of unlocking things with shitty controls, shitty dialogue, creepy music, slow, easily mocked zombies(unless they're in packs) and sections that I'm stuck on for hours until I realise I can examine the book side on to find that gem or key I was missing.

Currahee!

It's a different film. It's a very different film! It's a different shark!

Suppose I shot ya..How'd that be?

(in reply to The REAL Bozz)
Post #: 34
RE: Resident Evil 6 - 23/1/2012 4:43:27 PM   
talpacino

quote:

ORIGINAL: talpacino

quote:

ORIGINAL: The REAL Bozz

It's not that it's a bad game or that 6 looks especially bad, it's just not Resident Evil. It's just another action game, they could just totally rebrand it. They seem to be completely neglecting their survival horror roots and there's still a market for it, most of us here loved Dead Space 2. It's a bigger game than the original but still kept the basic survival horror.

I don't want QTEs or on rail sections. I just want to be stuck in a creepy mansion as the master of unlocking things with shitty controls, shitty dialogue, creepy music, slow, easily mocked zombies(unless they're in packs) and sections that I'm stuck on for hours until I realise I can examine the book side on to find that gem or key I was missing.

Gah! Even Dead Space seems to be headed in a similar direction. The Last paragraph....

Dead Space developer Visceral Games is working on a "thrilling online action shooter game" based on a new IP.

According to a job ad for a lead multiplayer designer posted on EA's official site (via OXM), the title will be the "cornerstone for a new EA Games Studio", with the successful candidate set to work on maps for the unannounced game and mentor design staff at the new studio.

Visceral is believed to be working on Dead Space 3, with rumours suggesting the game will ditch the series' traditional spaceship setting in favour of an icy planet called Tau Volantis. Others claim protagonist Isaac Clarke will have a split personality and be tormented by a character called "Shadow Isaac".

Further reports claim EA plans to expand the franchise by making a Dead Space FPS and a flight game set in the sci-fi universe.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/333073/dead-space-dev-working-on-thrilling-new-online-action-shooter/

Currahee!

(in reply to talpacino)
Post #: 35
RE: Resident Evil 6 - 23/1/2012 5:47:49 PM   
Drone

quote:

Gah! Even Dead Space seems to be headed in a similar direction. The Last paragraph....

I hate to be a killjoy about it, but when I played Dead Space it just felt like a shooter anyway, only you have to cut their limbs off instead of blowing them away.  To me it was just Doom 3 with severance and a few bells and whistles.  I never, ever got the whole Dead Space popularity thing. I tried it, but it just wasn't my bag sadly.

I'm really cheered up by this topic, because I thought I was the only person who missed the original format of Resi Evil - 4 was fun, but not a Resi Evil game, and 5 was utter cock.  I want shambling zombies and creepy locations; they've gone far too OTT with the bosses etc, huge super mutated thingies with allsorts of super duper powers.

Sadly, it's the way of the gaming world.  Look at Silent Hill Homecoming, or as I quickly dubbed it SILENT HILL KAPOW ACTION HOMECOMING THE MOST ACTIONIEST SILENT HILL YET KABOOM.

(in reply to talpacino)
Post #: 36
RE: Resident Evil 6 - 23/1/2012 6:00:15 PM   
borstal

quote:

a flight game set in the sci-fi universe.

ooooh I want to play that.

"Can you imagine the satisfaction of slamming that camping cunt Scott with a missile while sitting in Costa?" - Chief

http://www.redbubble.com/people/borstal
http://letterboxd.com/borstal/

(in reply to Drone)
Post #: 37
RE: Resident Evil 6 - 23/1/2012 6:02:28 PM   
juanvasquez

I was playing REmake today and it's bastard terrifying (facking Crimson Heads). Why the can't make a game as scary and tense as this any more is beyond me. The only reason why I dislike 5 so much is that it isn't Resident Evil any more. Basically what Tal said above.

I just hope Konami don't let us down with Downpour. I'm totally buying the SH HD collection, too.

(in reply to Drone)
Post #: 38
RE: Resident Evil 6 - 23/1/2012 6:17:56 PM   
directorscut

Dead Space was never survival horror, it's action horror.

Member of the TMNT 1000 Club.

Post #: 39
RE: Resident Evil 6 - 23/1/2012 6:23:15 PM   
paulyboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Drone

I hate to be a killjoy about it, but when I played Dead Space it just felt like a shooter anyway, only you have to cut their limbs off instead of blowing them away.  To me it was just Doom 3 with severance and a few bells and whistles. 

quote:

ORIGINAL: directorscut

^^ This! ^^

Both Dead Space games were out and out shooters in my opinion, a third person Doom 3 is a good comparison actually. Wouldn't class them as Survival Horror, at least not in the strictest Resident Evil/Silent Hill sense of the term anyway.

"Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever!"

(in reply to Drone)
Post #: 40
RE: Resident Evil 6 - 23/1/2012 7:19:42 PM   
talpacino

quote:

ORIGINAL: paulyboy

quote:

I hate to be a killjoy about it, but when I played Dead Space it just felt like a shooter anyway, only you have to cut their limbs off instead of blowing them away.  To me it was just Doom 3 with severance and a few bells and whistles. 

quote:

^^ This! ^^

Both Dead Space games were out and out shooters in my opinion, a third person Doom 3 is a good comparison actually. Wouldn't class them as Survival Horror, at least not in the strictest Resident Evil/Silent Hill sense of the term anyway.

Maybe so but they're the closest I've felt to the feeling of playing the original Resident Evils. Minimal inventory, minimal weaponry to begin with, having to decide what to take and what to leave behind, tight corridors, close combat, poo in my pants etc.

Currahee!

(in reply to paulyboy)
Post #: 41
RE: Resident Evil 6 - 23/1/2012 8:40:32 PM   
Drone

quote:

ORIGINAL: juanvasquez

I was playing REmake today and it's bastard terrifying (facking Crimson Heads). Why the can't make a game as scary and tense as this any more is beyond me. The only reason why I dislike 5 so much is that it isn't Resident Evil any more. Basically what Tal said above.

I just hope Konami don't let us down with Downpour. I'm totally buying the SH HD collection, too.

REmake was utterly stupendous.  Although nothing can beat the experience of playing RE for the first time back in the day, it was so superbly done and that fucking thing in the stocks that comes into the cabin almost made me squeal like a girl - I ran from that shack back up the path to the mansion absolutely bricking it - it's as close as it could have been to giving me the feeling of nerve jangling tension I got from the original.

I'm not holding out much hope for Downpour TBH, I can't see them trending away from daft cock monsters and fancy duck and dive combat.  I don't know where they're going wrong, but I spend more time in these games being tense about what's going to jump out of nowhere at me (which is inevitable) than feeling on edge because I've been sucked into the atmosphere of the surroundings and story.

Post #: 42
RE: Resident Evil 6 - 23/1/2012 8:59:02 PM   
borstal

quote:

Yup. Loved REmake and yes I shat at the first crimson head.

quote:

Maybe so but they're the closest I've felt to the feeling of playing the original Resident Evils. Minimal inventory, minimal weaponry to begin with, having to decide what to take and what to leave behind, tight corridors, close combat, poo in my pants etc.

^ All true. DS2 was my GOTY 2011. Fantastic, sequel, story and game and for all those who mourn the loss of hard as nail gaming there is the rock hard 3 save Hard to the Core. Brilliant sound design and event scripting make this a great horror game. Calling it not 'survival' is nit picking and rather pointless. Play it on the hardest setting, with 3 saves and you'll see what survival means.

"Can you imagine the satisfaction of slamming that camping cunt Scott with a missile while sitting in Costa?" - Chief

(in reply to talpacino)
Post #: 43
RE: Resident Evil 6 - 23/1/2012 9:11:27 PM   
kata

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: rich

Looks like the same crap they sold us last time, no deal. RE4 worked because they put some effort in and got back Shinji Mikami, someone with talent. It's not Resident Evil but it's still the best game of that generation. RE5 just rehashed it and threw in a lot of fan service and bad AI.

Also

Once you see it, you can't unsee it!

XBL: GeneralLee79
PSN: GeneralLee_UK
Steam: GeneralLee_uk

Lovely detective work.

"Don't buy wigs that come off at the wrong time"

Post #: 44
RE: Resident Evil 6 - 23/1/2012 9:16:30 PM   
losthighway

DS is one of the best games on the 360 imho. DS2 i have yet to finish but from what i've played so far (upto about Chapter 7/8 as i recall), it was equally as good but just made the story A LOT bigger...

RE5 is a fantastic game - someone asked was it scary, not scary as such but certainly tense... i know when the big bloke with a massive axe came after me I was pretty fucking freaked! As for it moving away from the original creepiness of the first few games in the franchise, I agree it's not quite the same but just because it doesn't follow that template doesn't mean it's not a RE game. Times change and another rehash of the original games would have seemed lazy to a lot of folks. RE5 (and now RE6 from that trailer) just open the narrative wider - the basic premise of dead things chasing you is still very much there though!

The secret to becoming a star is knowing how to behave like one.

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 45
RE: Resident Evil 6 - 23/1/2012 9:17:04 PM   
directorscut

Survival horror means that running away and conserving ammo is more often than not the most viable option. Your character should feel vulnerable.

In Dead Space you shoot everything that moves and Arthur C. Asimov is armed to the teeth with weapons and armour.

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 46
RE: Resident Evil 6 - 23/1/2012 9:17:11 PM   
Drone

quote:

ORIGINAL: kata

Hahaha... magnificent.  Even better than the Lisa Simpson giving a BJ Olympic logo.

(in reply to kata)
Post #: 47
RE: Resident Evil 6 - 23/1/2012 9:25:08 PM   
Drone

quote:

ORIGINAL: losthighway

DS is one of the best games on the 360 imho. DS2 i have yet to finish but from what i've played so far (upto about Chapter 7/8 as i recall), it was equally as good but just made the story A LOT bigger...

RE5 is a fantastic game - someone asked was it scary, not scary as such but certainly tense... i know when the big bloke with a massive axe came after me I was pretty fucking freaked! As for it moving away from the original creepiness of the first few games in the franchise, I agree it's not quite the same but just because it doesn't follow that template doesn't mean it's not a RE game. Times change and another rehash of the original games would have seemed lazy to a lot of folks. RE5 (and now RE6 from that trailer) just open the narrative wider - the basic premise of dead things chasing you is still very much there though!

I just think the original RE 1, 2 and to a lesser extent 3 worked because it was filled with slow, shambling zombies, strange scientific menace and it was all about the atmosphere.  The recent entries for me, have just been about backwards people and ridiculous mutant monstery things charging at you or surrounding you, in locations which are about as creepy as the woods behind my parents' house.

Resident Evil 4 and 5 could have been called anything else, and you would never ave identified them as a Resident Evil game. I just don't get them at all, perosnally

I agreeRE5 is tense - but for the wrong reasons.  RE and Silent Hill were tense games, because of the music, the locations, the imagery.  RE5 was tense because ohmyfuckhowthefuckdoIgetawayrfomthisthing/thesepeoplerunrunrunrun.  To me, it's the gaming equivalent of a horror movie being really quiet for ages then BANG something makes you jump.

(in reply to losthighway)
Post #: 48
RE: Resident Evil 6 - 23/1/2012 9:59:28 PM   
Sexual Harassment Panda

quote:

ORIGINAL: borstal

I liked 4 quite a lot even though it felt a bit less Resi than the previous and 5 was too much of a departure. I was hoping for a return to the zombie horror roots for this so we'll see.

Anyway, theres still Dead Space.

I disagree.

At least it took 5 installments (plus a handful of none numbered titles) for Resident Evil to lose it's way and forget it's horror roots before pandering to the CoD/action/explosive shooter crowd. It took Visceral two games to cock up Dead Space.

Dead Space was incredible, turn the lights off, the volume up and just play with the one original weapon... And damn you felt alone, the game built up a scary lost in space with no help atmosphere. It did feel scary.

Dead Space 2, may be a good game in it's own right, but it ruined everything that made the first stand out by going down the QTE and OTT action route, plus they ruined Isaac.

I'll still play RE6/Resident Giraffe Fellatio, as in it's own right it'll probably be enjoyable, but not until it's £20, I won't pay full price.

I just despise the cash in on a brand name culture many developers are adopting at the moment.

< Message edited by Sexual Harassment Panda -- 23/1/2012 10:03:27 PM >

Ole Gunnar Solskj�r - 1996-2007

Member of the MW2 Star 69 Club
Member of the CoD4 Mile High Club

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 49
RE: Resident Evil 6 - 23/1/2012 10:19:51 PM   
the anomaly

Not this again!

First of all for everyone moaning on ... here you go http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yo_hMbJQeU4 watch that and calm down a bit.

To be fair I understand where you guys are coming from ... but you know what when I watch that back and think back to various RE moments for a start the games were never perfect. But my point is there's always been this mix of the creepy haunted house experience and a Zombie experience that eventually goes nuts. If you look at the former the formula along with many other things that made RE became a bit stagnant. If you look at the latter and into the story of things ... where else was it going to go? If the whole idea of making zombies is to make an undead/superhuman/un-killable army or whatever I'd say it's no surprise the action got amped up. If there's a zombie out break with hordes of zombies they aren't going to die with Resident Evils method of aiming all the way at the sky or down at the ground with your pistol. It's going to be more fast paced and your going to need to be able to kill them with some decent weapons. Resident Evil 5 had it's own issues for me but honestly I see it as a natural progression for the story and the situation. Going back to the creepy haunted mansion scenarios which had been done to death. Resident Evil 4 and 5 tried something new and I applaud Capcom for refreshing and re-inventing the scenarios. With 4 especially changing the game completely, even if you think it has too much action you couldn't fault it at the time for being a brilliantly made game in it's own right. Resident Evil 4 played like a dream and I don't have any problem with it compared to the rest of the series. It made fighting the hordes more realistic and empowered you but still kept thing's tense. 5 was always going to lose that by adding co-op and setting the game in a completely different location but I still enjoyed it. It wasn't scary but still had it's tense moments of being over run a la Resident Evil 4.

Waffling on a bit but honestly I watch that old Resident Evil 4 footage and it looks like a ghost game. Not a game where there's been a zombie out break. Long story short ... I think Capcom should have let Resident Evil 5 end the series and branch off two new series. One with a mix of action and fuck I say action but all I know is if there was a zombie out break I'd be running ... not walking down corridors pointing my gun at the ceiling. One other more creepy zombie, survival horror game ... honestly think they should make a new series of this. Forget the convoluted RE story, forget the cheese, forget the characters. Make a new series IP that's made to scare you shitless. I still think there's loads more that can be done with zombie games and RE doesn't have to be the be all and end all.

RANT OVER - I like the look of this. In the zombie outbreak your going to have those moments when your own your own ... down and out surviving where you pick off a few zombies here and there (Leons sections). Then you will have to fight the hordes if you can (Chirs?). Honestly surprised people are making a fuss as the inclusion of the former and the lack of co-op has got to mean this will be more like RE4 than 5 in terms of the traditional RE scenario. Though yes the comment of "appealing to cod" players did make me cringe but I assume that's about the Chirs sections with dialogue that came right out of BLOPS.

(in reply to Drone)
Post #: 50
RE: Resident Evil 6 - 23/1/2012 10:30:55 PM   
Drone

quote:

ORIGINAL: the anomaly

RANT OVER - I like the look of this. In the zombie outbreak your going to have those moments when your own your own ... down and out surviving where you pick off a few zombies here and there (Leons sections). Then you will have to fight the hordes if you can (Chirs?). Honestly surprised people are making a fuss as the inclusion of the former and the lack of co-op has got to mean this will be more like RE4 than 5 in terms of the traditional RE scenario. Though yes the comment of "appealing to cod" players did make me cringe but I assume that's about the Chirs sections with dialogue that came right out of BLOPS.

I watched the new trailer, and although it had it's fuck yeah, zombieeesssss!  Moments it also had it's giant tentacle head monster grabbing someone from behind a barricade Gears of War bit, and some giant behemoth ten storeys tall, and more of the shantytown crap from RE5.  It just doesn't excite me.  It didn't look... claustrophobic enough.

However... I had never watched that first link you posted before, and I have to say it looked awesome.  Although you are quite correct, it had it's grounding in the supernatural as opposed to biohazardish freaks, but the mechanics looked good, and it was creepy in the way Resi Evil should be in my opinion - all about the location and slow burning exploration.  That's what the franchise has lost for me.  I could forgive the lack of zombies I guess but not in favour of the ultra mega mutant ultra tentacle deadly inhumanly strong monster things we get in the games now.

(in reply to the anomaly)
Post #: 51
RE: Resident Evil 6 - 23/1/2012 10:58:59 PM   
directorscut

quote:

Not this again!

First of all for everyone moaning on ... here you go http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yo_hMbJQeU4 watch that and calm down a bit.

That looks awesome! (apart from the QTE crap).

Post #: 52
RE: Resident Evil 6 - 24/1/2012 11:37:53 AM   
borstal

quote:

Survival horror means that running away and conserving ammo is more often than not the most viable option. Your character should feel vulnerable.

Again, if you can play it Hard to the Core thats exactly what you get. Your constantly reorganising your ammo supplies and you are very vulnerable so by your deinition its survival horrror. Try it! Of course you arent solving nonsense puzzles at the same time so its not like Resi in that way.

(in reply to directorscut)
Post #: 53
RE: Resident Evil 6 - 24/1/2012 11:42:21 AM   
borstal

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sexual Harassment Panda

quote:

ORIGINAL: borstal

I liked 4 quite a lot even though it felt a bit less Resi than the previous and 5 was too much of a departure. I was hoping for a return to the zombie horror roots for this so we'll see.

Anyway, theres still Dead Space.

I disagree.

At least it took 5 installments (plus a handful of none numbered titles) for Resident Evil to lose it's way and forget it's horror roots before pandering to the CoD/action/explosive shooter crowd. It took Visceral two games to cock up Dead Space.

Dead Space was incredible, turn the lights off, the volume up and just play with the one original weapon... And damn you felt alone, the game built up a scary lost in space with no help atmosphere. It did feel scary.

Dead Space 2, may be a good game in it's own right, but it ruined everything that made the first stand out by going down the QTE and OTT action route, plus they ruined Isaac.

I think thats bollocks but we can disagree right? Dead Space 2 cocked things up? Ridiculous. It added to the original by putting some more action in but it still kept the fear and tension of the original. It really wasnt a massive departure from the original so can't agree with you at all.

(in reply to Sexual Harassment Panda)
Post #: 54
RE: Resident Evil 6 - 24/1/2012 1:34:30 PM   
borstal

(must stop saying original)

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 55
RE: Resident Evil 6 - 24/1/2012 8:39:19 PM   
the anomaly

quote:

quote:

I watched the new trailer, and although it had it's fuck yeah, zombieeesssss!  Moments it also had it's giant tentacle head monster grabbing someone from behind a barricade Gears of War bit, and some giant behemoth ten storeys tall, and more of the shantytown crap from RE5.  It just doesn't excite me.  It didn't look... claustrophobic enough.

However... I had never watched that first link you posted before, and I have to say it looked awesome.  Although you are quite correct, it had it's grounding in the supernatural as opposed to biohazardish freaks, but the mechanics looked good, and it was creepy in the way Resi Evil should be in my opinion - all about the location and slow burning exploration.  That's what the franchise has lost for me.  I could forgive the lack of zombies I guess but not in favour of the ultra mega mutant ultra tentacle deadly inhumanly strong monster things we get in the games now.

Still as I said compared to five I think it's going to have a clear divide with each characters section offering a different perspective.

Alas my main point I think there's a place for both types of games. Action/Survival Horror and standard Survival Horror games. I agree it is a shame we've not seen many that focus on just the latter.

Still I look forward to RE6.

(in reply to Drone)
Post #: 56
RE: Resident Evil 6 - 20/3/2012 1:04:17 PM   
Ell

So... anyone picking up Operation Raccoon City?

"I'D BUY THAT FOR A DOLLAR!!!"

Post #: 57
RE: Resident Evil 6 - 20/3/2012 1:33:18 PM   
juanvasquez

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ell

So... anyone picking up Operation Raccoon City?

As soon as I have the money, as it's an absolute must-buy for me. However, I'm ultra skint and almost at a 'between jobs' phase meaning it's gonna have to wait.

(in reply to Ell)
Post #: 58
RE: Resident Evil 6 - 20/3/2012 1:37:10 PM   
The REAL Bozz

The reviews have been awful. I had a look at Biohaze.com aswell and the even the hardcore fans rate it as a pile of shit. Gutted because the idea of it was fantastic.

Films I've watched
Star Trek Into Darkness ***
Iron Man 3 *****
Evil Dead (2013) ***
Bait 3D ***

Post #: 59
RE: Resident Evil 6 - 20/3/2012 1:44:57 PM   
juanvasquez

I played it at Gamefest and really enjoyed it, even though it was somewhat brief. I've no misconceptions as to what to expect with it.

(in reply to The REAL Bozz)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Resident Evil 6 Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI