Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Fanboys can suck my balls....

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> RE: Fanboys can suck my balls.... Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Fanboys can suck my balls.... - 18/1/2012 12:27:32 PM   
Spaldron

quote:

ORIGINAL: DarthMaxxx

Yeah because Gladiator was the most complex of story lines, the old wronged man seeks revenge has never been done before and LOTR was an adaptation of someone else's work....

At least Star Wars is original....

Funniest quote ever.

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts
And I looked and behold, a pale horse
And his name that sat on him was Death
And Hell followed with him.

(in reply to DarthMaxxx)
Post #: 31
Time for pastures new - 18/1/2012 12:27:38 PM   
lsdbaby

Worst thing about Crystal Skull: George Lucas script
Worst thing about Star Wars prequels: George Lucas script and direction

George Lucas made Star Wars what it is today but the best entries in the series in the last twenty years have come from areas outside of his remit (comics, animated series, computer games). Gotta be honest, never really liked him as a filmmaker, he has a low-key aesthetic that really works best on his indie flicks. He should go back to that and hand the franchises to new blood.

And always remember, the two best Star Wars films weren't even directed by him!

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 32
RE: Fanboys can suck my balls.... - 18/1/2012 12:31:22 PM   
Kayotik

quote:

Yeah because Gladiator was the most complex of story lines, the old wronged man seeks revenge has never been done before and LOTR was an adaptation of someone else's work....

Star Wars was original?

Oh dear...

(in reply to DarthMaxxx)
Post #: 33
RE: Fanboys can suck my balls.... - 18/1/2012 12:32:25 PM   
Kayotik

quote:

I really wish people would do their research before entering into debates.

(in reply to DarthMaxxx)
Post #: 34
RE: Fanboys can suck my balls.... - 18/1/2012 12:32:28 PM   
Jasper_29

Lucas, thanks for the good work.

That one movie you made 35 years ago, the one with the funny green Muppet, was quite interesting.

Bye.

"Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man..."

(in reply to DarthMaxxx)
Post #: 35
RE: Fanboys can suck my balls.... - 18/1/2012 12:33:17 PM   
Kayotik

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jasper_29

That one movie you made 35 years ago, the one with the funny green Muppet, was quite interesting.

Bye.

If you're meaning Empire Strikes Back, he didn't write or direct it.

(in reply to Jasper_29)
Post #: 36
RE: Fanboys can suck my balls.... - 18/1/2012 12:35:52 PM   
DarthMaxxx

I'll retract that last bit, I truly feel with my knowledge of Star Wars I've let my self down....

I regretted it the second I clicked 'OK', but in fairness I'm trying to hold this discussion while running back and forth from my desk....

(in reply to Kayotik)
Post #: 37
RE: Fanboys can suck my balls.... - 18/1/2012 12:39:00 PM   
lukeyboy

Is his beard retiring too? That'd be a shame.......

I feel like i'm Han Solo, your Chewie and she's Ben Kenobi - and we're in that FUCKED UP bar!!

(in reply to DarthMaxxx)
Post #: 38
RE: Fanboys can suck my balls.... - 18/1/2012 12:46:45 PM   
Kayotik

quote:

I'll retract that last bit, I truly feel with my knowledge of Star Wars I've let my self down....

I regretted it the second I clicked 'OK', but in fairness I'm trying to hold this discussion while running back and forth from my desk....

I get where you're coming from. I loved the original trilogy and ILM has produced some truly incredible special effects over the years.

George Lucas on the other hand, is a poor writer and a poor director in my personal opinion, and I really dislike his attitude of constantly tweaking and changing the original trilogy despite how liked they were before.

(in reply to DarthMaxxx)
Post #: 39
RE: Fanboys can suck my balls.... - 18/1/2012 12:51:54 PM   
Jasper_29

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kayotik

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jasper_29

Bye.

If you're meaning Empire Strikes Back, he didn't write or direct it.

It was a good movie though!! 

"Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man..."

(in reply to Kayotik)
Post #: 40
RE: Fanboys can suck my balls.... - 18/1/2012 12:59:23 PM   
Kayotik

It really was! But that was more down to how much Lucas wasn't involved 

(in reply to Jasper_29)
Post #: 41
RE: Fanboys can suck my balls.... - 18/1/2012 1:17:27 PM   
Wild about Wilder

Thanks for what you originally gave us George & thanks for seeing sense & retireing now fingers crossed for Indy 5!

(in reply to Kayotik)
Post #: 42
RE: Fanboys can suck my balls.... - 18/1/2012 1:39:16 PM   
DARKO_DONNIE_DONUT

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kayotik

It really was! But that was more down to how much Lucas wasn't involved 

So my favourite Lucas film was one he wasnt involved with?

My-lordy.

(in reply to Kayotik)
Post #: 43
RE: Fanboys can suck my balls.... - 18/1/2012 1:39:18 PM  1 votes
Gazdance

I wonder whether all those who harp on (and on and on) about how awful a film maker Lucas is have ever seen American Graffitti or THX 1138? They are stunning films in their own right that sadly only hint at the man's vision.

He's possibly the most successful independent film maker in the world. As far as I'm concerned if his business decided to make money from a successful franchise that he produced with his own money, utilising his own companies in order to self finance more projects then more power to him.

Thanks for Star Wars, George. Thanks for everything else. Looking forward to Red Tails.

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 44
Once upon a time... - 18/1/2012 1:56:31 PM   
DBelford

George Lucas was responsible for American Graffiti. That is legacy enough, his subsequent toy-making business is neither here nor there... Although, his valuable participation in the "media mogul's with tidy beards" campaign is going from strength to strength.

Post #: 45
A long time ago, in a studio far far away... - 18/1/2012 2:15:31 PM   
BenTramer

It was a combination of the awful experience Lucas had of working with the English crew on Star Wars and the once-in-a-lifetime luck of getting rich from all the merchandising rights that stopped him from going on to direct other great movies. By the time he got back to directing 22 years later with The Phantom Menace, he'd lost his edge. 13 years on from Phantom Menace, that's even more true. What's left for him to do anyway? He's done it all. Good luck with whatever you choose to do in the future, George. Just get a better script for the next Indiana Jones movie, Crystal Skull was awful.

Post #: 46
A long time ago, in a studio far far away... - 18/1/2012 2:15:43 PM   
BenTramer

It was a combination of the awful experience Lucas had of working with the English crew on Star Wars and the once-in-a-lifetime luck of getting rich from all the merchandising rights that stopped him from going on to direct other great movies. By the time he got back to directing 22 years later with The Phantom Menace, he'd lost his edge. 13 years on from Phantom Menace, that's even more true. What's left for him to do anyway? He's done it all. Good luck with whatever you choose to do in the future, George. Just get a better script for the next Indiana Jones movie, Crystal Skull was awful.

Post #: 47
A long time ago in a studio far far away - 18/1/2012 2:16:26 PM   
BenTramer

Post #: 48
RE: A long time ago in a studio far far away - 18/1/2012 2:57:30 PM   
jediwarrior

No surprise about Star Wars really I couldn't see him make another one anyway.

Would like to see someone else do a new trilogy of Star Wars films 7, 8 and 9 but I would very much doubt Lucas letting anyone else do it.

GAMERTAG: hothtrooper

The hate of men will pass, and dictators die, and the power they took from the people will return to the people. And so long as men die, liberty will never perish.

(in reply to BenTramer)
Post #: 49
ADVANCES IN SOUND, SPECIAL EFFECTS, ANIMATION,AND EXHIB... - 18/1/2012 3:12:15 PM   
boredbluekoala

We all owe George Lucas for the improvement of cinema.

Post #: 50
ADVANCES IN SOUND, SPECIAL EFFECTS, ANIMATION,AND EXHIB... - 18/1/2012 3:12:29 PM   
boredbluekoala

We all owe George Lucas for the improvement of cinema.

Post #: 51
Retired from films.... - 18/1/2012 4:03:10 PM   
danbo1138

My guess he's going to focus on( and perhaps direct the odd episode of )the Star Wars TV show,at the pilot/first episode.

Post #: 52
Retired from films.... - 18/1/2012 4:07:35 PM   
danbo1138

My guess he's going to focus on( and perhaps direct the odd episode of )the Star Wars TV show,at the pilot/first episode.

Post #: 53
I've said it before... - 18/1/2012 4:08:14 PM   
MusicLovesYou

...and I'll say it again regards potential SW TV show. Put up the money, guest direct a few episodes by all means, but let people like Joss Whedon, Tim Minear, Drew Goddard, Ronald Moore, David Benioff etc. write / direct it. That way, George, you can be safe your incredible universe of character and ideas will be done justice, restore some of the love and adoration people have in your films and you can continue to rake it in and fund smaller, independent projects that are close to your heart. It really is this simple!

Post #: 54
- 18/1/2012 4:14:33 PM   
Coyleone

Well, thanks for the original trilogy, but no thanks for the post original trilogy work.

Post #: 55
- 18/1/2012 4:58:34 PM   
shitneck

The guy made two classic's (SW, TESB) and four inferior sequel/prequels (read the reviews) yet the world of entertainment treat him like the next coming. The only reason the last four made money was because the fans wanted to see the outcome and how that annoying little twat became vader. Please remember this is the same director who gave us howard the duck.........

Post #: 56
- 18/1/2012 4:58:44 PM   
shitneck

The guy made two classic's (SW, TESB) and four inferior sequel/prequels (read the reviews) yet the world of entertainment treat him like the next coming. The only reason the last four made money was because the fans wanted to see the outcome and how that annoying little twat became vader. Please remember this is the same director who gave us howard the duck.........

Post #: 57
GOOD - 18/1/2012 5:06:35 PM   
the real quint

bout time he cleared off , after giving us cack star wars prequels and then fucking up the indy franchise . good riddance mr wippy head

Post #: 58
no georgefest! - 18/1/2012 5:14:47 PM   
the real quint

if theres more than a 10 page tribute to this git cause hes putting his feet up , it,ll stay on the shelf !

Post #: 59
RE: - 18/1/2012 5:25:40 PM   
fiercehairdo

quote:

ORIGINAL: shitneck

Good point. And he didn't even direct The Empire Strikes Back anyway (Irvin Kershner directed it)! Only Star Wars.

(in reply to shitneck)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> RE: Fanboys can suck my balls.... Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI