Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Another New Prometheus Still Online

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Another New Prometheus Still Online Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Another New Prometheus Still Online - 16/1/2012 10:24:29 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
Beware The Space Jockeys... - 16/1/2012 10:24:29 AM   
Holbydude

Yep, what we are seeing are two 'Engineers' in their Space Jockey suits. The Space Jockey we see in 'Alien' was sending a distress signal, picked up by the Nostromo, before he gave birth to a Xenomorph/Protoform. All those eggs Kane found in the ship are the remains of the Engineers and Prometheus crew....Bring on the Director's Cut of Alien where Ripley finds Dallas being turned into an Alien egg....

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
RE: Beware The Space Jockeys... - 16/1/2012 10:32:17 AM   
DeeDubya64

Eh? The eggs come from the queen surely? Are you being intentionally silly?

Anywho, the space jockeys look good to me! Incredibly excited for this film!

(in reply to Holbydude)
Post #: 3
RE: Beware The Space Jockeys... - 16/1/2012 10:33:03 AM   
DARKO_DONNIE_DONUT

oooohh.

Interesting,but I must confess I would rather like to see the SJ or suit for the first time in the cinema.

(in reply to Holbydude)
Post #: 4
RE: Beware The Space Jockeys... - 16/1/2012 1:18:27 PM   
mafiaingrid

quote:

ORIGINAL: DeeDubya64

It was James Cameron that put the Queen into the Alien mythology. In the original Alien that Ridley Scott directed there was a scene where Ripley discovered Dallas after he was attacked by the alien. He was glued to a wall (similar to how the hosts are impregnated in Aliens) and was being transformed into an egg.

I really REALLY hope that this isn't wht happens in Prometheus as it will blow away 20 odd years of canon...

(in reply to DeeDubya64)
Post #: 5
If Ridley Scott's previous record is anything to go by.... - 16/1/2012 1:49:50 PM   
Holbydude

...he wil bring out a Director's Cut of 'Alien' as the concept created by James Cameron, ie: The Queen laying the eggs, was not the original idea. Time to dig out your DVD of 'Alien' and look at the deleted scenes. Looking at the above pic again, those figures are too small to be Engineers/Space Jockeys...maybe they are statues....

Post #: 6
Can't wait! - 16/1/2012 4:30:33 PM   
dannyfletch

From the trailer, cast and the pics coming out I have a really good feeling about this, and the fact that it's being made by Sir Ridley who gave us the first and best installement. The set design from this pic looks very similar in style to that of the first movie, which has to be a great sign!

Post #: 7
Excuse my ignorance - 17/1/2012 3:44:43 PM   
guysalisbury

What is a Space Jockey, Xenomorph/Protoform etc?

Post #: 8
A L I E N / P R O M E T H E U S! - 17/1/2012 10:10:32 PM   
Holbydude

Excuse my ignorance
What is a Space Jockey, Xenomorph/Protoform etc? GOOGLE them!! They will give you the answers you are looking for.
Then, watch Alien again on DVD.

Post #: 9
- 20/1/2012 2:30:12 PM   
tbird

Extremely excited for this. Hopefully Scott will redeem himself for some shockers recently.

Post #: 10
must be muddy outside - 21/1/2012 10:17:38 AM   
supajem

they appear to be wearing wellies.

Post #: 11
L V 426 - 22/1/2012 11:23:57 AM   
thefacehead

eLizabeth shaw & meridith Vickers(the last two alive we pressume from the trailer), Liz & Vickers L & V = LV = LV426
This is the bollocks in my head because I can't stop thinking about this movie AHHHHHH........... Need to get out more!!!

Post #: 12
RE: Beware The Space Jockeys... - 26/1/2012 1:36:28 PM   
coljohnmatrix

quote:

ORIGINAL: mafiaingrid

quote:

ORIGINAL: DeeDubya64

It was James Cameron that put the Queen into the Alien mythology. In the original Alien that Ridley Scott directed there was a scene where Ripley discovered Dallas after he was attacked by the alien. He was glued to a wall (similar to how the hosts are impregnated in Aliens) and was being transformed into an egg.

I really REALLY hope that this isn't wht happens in Prometheus as it will blow away 20 odd years of canon...

That's not how I remember it - I thought that the Alien had cocooned Dallas so he was ready to be impregnated by a face hugger, in the same way that the colonists are cocooned in Aliens and used as hosts. I don't see how he was being "transformed" into an egg. Maybe the Alien from the first film was carrying out it's "duty" of finding and cocooning hosts, even in the absence of a queen and eggs?

Also, it's possible that in a group of Aliens without a queen (or a single Alien) one of the regular Aliens could morph into a queen - I think ants do something like that if the queen dies?

(in reply to mafiaingrid)
Post #: 13
RE: Beware The Space Jockeys... - 26/1/2012 3:22:26 PM   
Invader_Ace

FemShep?!

(in reply to coljohnmatrix)
Post #: 14
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Another New Prometheus Still Online Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI