Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Dr. D's In-flight Entertainment

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Audiophile >> RE: Dr. D's In-flight Entertainment Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 4 [5]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Dr. D's In-flight Entertainment - 11/12/2012 9:11:01 PM   
hubu_phonk

^ Thanks Garielloken, glad you dug them and aye i'm ok enough

NOW ... to an album (and genre) i was lusting after for some time and finally got my eager hands on. Get ready for some Japanese bean flicking ...

Masami Kawahara & The Exotic Sounds ‎: Ecstasy (1970)

A very, very wonderful and damn right insane slab of Japanese audio erotica. The best way i could describe this album would be sadomasochistic easy listening. It has it all, but even though it does have that 70's lounge/exotica vibe running throughout its the strong touches of very well played, and the totally sinister jazz and psych fuzz that frames the constant deranged orgasms, red-raw ass smacking and sticky hairy-clam abuse so wonderfully ( apparently the female 'vocalist' had to be touched and petted constantly during recording to make this album). A sample-licious and groovy offering that is not only a fantastic curio but a foot tapper to boot. If this seems up your street try and get the album, it is truly something else.Wail on

DiscogsLink

Song 'Taboo' Link

< Message edited by hubu_phonk -- 12/12/2012 9:18:36 AM >

Straight in, no kissing

http://www.last.fm/user/hubuphonk

(in reply to garvielloken)
Post #: 121
RE: Dr. D's In-flight Entertainment - 5/2/2014 10:19:22 PM   
hubu_phonk

Just bumping this thread of mine as i am starting to slowly get back into my music

So first thing to do is ask all you audio fans if any of you have this album i've been obsessed with trying to get for the past few years ( but of course not wanting to pay the hundreds of pounds for it) a super rare 'psychedelic children's record' ( music apparently by some members of the fantastic Far East Family Band) with the narration apparently detailing the death of the childs 11 cats told by the wee persons own mouth. freak out!!! so if any one has a copy they can send me i would love you long time if not read a little and maybe get as obsessed as i am

REVIEW LINK

Straight in, no kissing

(in reply to hubu_phonk)
Post #: 122
RE: Dr. D's In-flight Entertainment - 6/2/2014 1:10:29 PM   
SadFace

quote:

ORIGINAL: hubu_phonk

Got home in the mood to finally check the whole album by this guy

Caribou - Swim 2010

I only heard the one track ' Sun ' about a year ago and i liked its easy going tempo, electronic vibe ( which i could imagine would be just fantastic by being pushed to the brink live), but again failed to check out the whole offering so here i am. Not really too much into the singing but his style really compliments the music though ( especially in Sun, as he's just repeating the title throughout ) The track Bowls is for me reminiscent of early Fourtet, with minimal, lush organic sounds complimenting the beats. The guy's good at what he does, very tidy and a nice piece of electronica that has a great sound and hooks, that never quite get to the point of pushing itself to the brink. He seems to have a meaty discography, so i am interested in what else he has to offer, as he seems to have so much going on in this album, but i feel it's almost too safely played at times. An interesting peep and a definate foot tapper of an album, even though i wanted it to be a head banger

Well, as i'm in the neighbourhood.....

Caribou - The Milk of Human Kindness 2005

Well this is a slightly different offering from Swim as it has that bit of ooomph that i thought lacking. This time most of the tracks have that early Fourtet sound and it seems the drums or drum machine is cranked up to good effect. This album sounds so much more organic and real compared to Swim , pushing that sound a wee bit more but as a whole lacking maybe the finer focus he has on his last album as there are a couple of pointless fillers, but it was a good first listen. I still feel that he's still punching below his weight though, but saying that i still found this album a great foot tapper and for most part flowed so lovely. Expect some Krautrock style grooves on tracks like A Final Warning , Bees and Barnowl also

Both are available to stream off Grooveshark

( Sun Album Stream ) ( The Milk of Human Kindness Album Stream )

( Wiki Link ) ( Discogs Link )

Just had a flick through the thread, some interesting stuff.

I really like Caribou's records - have you heard Jiaolong from 2012? Released under the moniker Daphni - it's a pretty fun listen.

Tobias, you blowhard.

quote:

ORIGINAL: rawlinson

That's the most wrong I've ever seen someone be on this forum. And both Gimli and Elab post here.

(in reply to hubu_phonk)
Post #: 123
RE: Dr. D's In-flight Entertainment - 6/2/2014 4:42:08 PM   
hubu_phonk

^ no bub. I'll give that a whirl asap. feel free to add your own albums and artists on the thread anytime too

just so i get something fresh on here's a randomly found treat i stumbled on late last year

Music for Hairy Scary Monsters (various, 2007)

A lovely wee compilation of modern cosy, folky songs just perfect for rainy days and hot chocolate it won't blow your mind but it definitely hits the spot. if i remember rightly it is available on spotify

benni hemm hemm song

benni hemm hemm live

discogs link

< Message edited by hubu_phonk -- 6/2/2014 4:57:29 PM >

Straight in, no kissing

(in reply to SadFace)
Post #: 124
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 4 [5]
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Audiophile >> RE: Dr. D's In-flight Entertainment Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 4 [5]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI