Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: What's going to suck in 2012?!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> RE: What's going to suck in 2012?! Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4] 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: What's going to suck in 2012?! - 22/1/2012 1:15:12 PM   
DARKO_DONNIE_DONUT

quote:

ORIGINAL: boristhespie

Back to the point. Ridley Scott may suck. He's totally over rated as a director his rep based on Alien/Blade Runner and I have a feeling his latest is trying too hard.

Hmm.
I dont think R.Scott is overated,though I do agree his latest offerings have lacked better direction and 'oomph'.
Though I did enjoy Gladiator,American Gangster and Black Hawk Down.

Deep down I think Scott peaked to early with classics like Alien and Blade Runner,while also making cult classics as Legend,Thelma & Louise.

Also R.Scott talks a good game, so to speak.I am fascinated in how he talks about directing and cinema.

(in reply to boristhespie)
Post #: 91
RE: What's going to suck in 2012?! - 22/1/2012 1:36:31 PM   
Cool Breeze

I have a feeling Expendables 2 may suck due to '' Rated PG-13 for moderate violence and one use of strong language ''.

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

(in reply to DARKO_DONNIE_DONUT)
Post #: 92
RE: What's going to suck in 2012?! - 22/1/2012 10:26:41 PM   
UTB

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze

I have a feeling Expendables 2 may suck due to '' Rated PG-13 for moderate violence and one use of strong language ''.

It was clearly going to suck well before that 'bombshell'.

(in reply to Cool Breeze)
Post #: 93
RE: What's going to suck in 2012?! - 23/1/2012 11:31:48 AM   
spark1

one of these fairy tales movies-'snow white', 'mirror, mirror'- is gonna suck.

(in reply to UTB)
Post #: 94
RE: What's going to suck in 2012?! - 26/1/2012 3:40:34 PM   
gazpop

quote:

ORIGINAL: homersimpson_esq

Oh, hey, look it's another negative thread.

Homer? Chill Winston!! I know where you're coming from on this but this may be an exception. I haven't got to the end of this thread yet (so expect another post soon after) but let's just keep this upbeat. If we explain our reasons adroitly (thanks Kryten) I think something beneficial can be created here.
For me Avengers (can't believe I'm agreeing with Dev). How can you possibly make a film involving those characters that is gonna pass muster? Can't be done. Please prove me wrong....

Yeah, that's real fine expensive gear you brought out here, Mr. Hooper.'Course I don't know what that bastard shark's gonna do with it-might eat it I suppose. Seen one eat a rockin' chair one time. Hey chieffy, next time you just ask me which line to pull

(in reply to homersimpson_esq)
Post #: 95
RE: What's going to suck in 2012?! - 26/1/2012 3:47:44 PM   
gazpop

quote:

ORIGINAL: genejoke

quote:

ORIGINAL: threshold

Except for The Dark Knight Rises, Prometheus and The Hobbit, any movie has the true capacity to suck.
But a definite one?
John Carter.
Who genuinely wants to see that movie?

I do, sure it will probably be standard effects driven blockbuster fare but I like the books so curious. doubt it will suck anywhere near as much as POTC 4 did.
I'm fairly optimistic about the avengers, and expendables 2 but i guess it is down to expectation, from expandables 2 i want to see mindless violence, it'll be pretty hard for them to fuck that up. i saw the trailers for darkest hour, knew it would suck and wanted to see it, just like skyline. which btw I enjoyed in a trashy crap movie kind of way.

Transformers four maybe? sorry, battleship.

Wrath of titans can't be as bad as the first surely.

Ok, I'll play. Battleship. Spiderman. Trannies 4. Expendables 2 (sorry Snake).
Skyline? You enjoyed that piece of shite?
SPOILER ALERT
Skyline is shite.
ps-there will be more multiple postings as I am still on only page 2 or something..........

Yeah, that's real fine expensive gear you brought out here, Mr. Hooper.'Course I don't know what that bastard shark's gonna do with it-might eat it I suppose. Seen one eat a rockin' chair one time. Hey chieffy, next time you just ask me which line to pull

(in reply to genejoke)
Post #: 96
RE: What's going to suck in 2012?! - 26/1/2012 3:49:48 PM   
gazpop

quote:

ORIGINAL: DARKO_DONNIE_DONUT

quote:

ORIGINAL: Qwerty Norris

quote:

It would be somewhat amusing if the Dark Knight Rise's turned out to be a shocker of a film.
Only on the basis that the Christopher Nolan fanboys do my freaken head-in.

Even though I would consider myself to be a Nolan fanboy I do know what you mean.

I have the exact same feelings for David Fincher - and I actually like his work!

Oh & Tarrantino, with the key difference being I don't like his - bar his first three (not including the utter rank Four Rooms).

Still surprised Fincher chose to be the director who would remake The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo.

Excellent point. As was I.......................It's supposed to be good though isn't it? The original was one of the films of the year for me......

Post #: 97
RE: What's going to suck in 2012?! - 26/1/2012 4:14:05 PM   
gazpop

quote:

ORIGINAL: REALLYMAD

This fucking message board, if the misery-loves-company clique have anything to do with it.
Jesus Christ, does anyone remember when films actually used to be fun?

What is it about these places that make even the most placid neutral fall victim to the soul-sucking practices of the clinically depressed near-suicidal deconstructionites in here? You really don't want to turn into one of those, it's one step closer to fully-fledged pretentious movie snobbery.

For a change why not try to watch something without pre-judging it? Sure, I don't doubt there will be more than enough opportunity for the despair-addicted to come back and say "told you so" but it's worth it to experience those infrequent pleasant little surprises of watching a hidden gem.

Mind you, the Sandler thing really does look like a bag of arse.

Fuck me...Im almost sorry to be getting through this thread now. Stop thinking its about the shit-arses and figure its just about what we feel might not be the film its supposed to be. Indy 5 anyone?

(in reply to REALLYMAD)
Post #: 98
RE: What's going to suck in 2012?! - 26/1/2012 4:40:11 PM   
adambatman82

quote:

ORIGINAL: gazpop

quote:

Still surprised Fincher chose to be the director who would remake The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo.

Excellent point. As was I.......................It's supposed to be good though isn't it? The original was one of the films of the year for me......

Yep, it's fantastic, top ten of last year for me, and far superior to the original (which I liked).

(in reply to gazpop)
Post #: 99
RE: What's going to suck in 2012?! - 26/1/2012 6:41:00 PM   
homersimpson_esq

quote:

ORIGINAL: adambatman82

quote:

quote:

Yep, it's fantastic, top ten of last year for me, and far superior to the original (which I liked).

No, its a disappointing and pointless retread, only saw it this year, and nowhere near as good as the original.

That deep-browed Homer ruled as his demesne.

Bristol Bad Film Club
A place where movie fans can come and behold some of the most awful films ever put to celluloid.

(in reply to adambatman82)
Post #: 100
RE: What's going to suck in 2012?! - 26/1/2012 8:05:21 PM   
adambatman82

quote:

ORIGINAL: homersimpson_esq

quote:

ORIGINAL: adambatman82

quote:

quote:

No, its a disappointing and pointless retread, only saw it this year, and nowhere near as good as the original.

Meh, the critical consensus disagrees, however slight (RT has the original at 86% and the Fincher at 87).

(in reply to homersimpson_esq)
Post #: 101
RE: What's going to suck in 2012?! - 27/1/2012 11:37:22 AM   
filipe

I think that some of the sequels and remakes they plan to do are going to suck, i'm talking about resident evil 11 or so, the amazing spider man, one I was personally disappointed - MIB 3, and some others i can't recall now...

(in reply to adambatman82)
Post #: 102
RE: What's going to suck in 2012?! - 27/1/2012 11:50:03 AM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

Men in black 3 will probably be terrible

Pack your bags, we're going on a guilt trip!

(in reply to filipe)
Post #: 103
RE: What's going to suck in 2012?! - 27/1/2012 1:15:01 PM   
Snake-Eyes

quote:

ORIGINAL: DONOVAN KURTWOOD

I only made it through about seven minutes of the second film. Never was a big fan of this series.

"When you have to shoot, shoot don't talk."

http://www.expendablespremiere.com/index.html

(in reply to DONOVAN KURTWOOD)
Post #: 104
RE: What's going to suck in 2012?! - 27/1/2012 5:03:33 PM   
gazpop

Can't believe Fincher, even he, managed to remake that movie. And that some think its better! The original is a masterpiece for me so I guess I'm gonna have to go find it.
As for sucking, World War Z better not, as I loved the book.

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 105
RE: What's going to suck in 2012?! - 29/1/2012 12:37:23 PM   
DARKO_DONNIE_DONUT

quote:

ORIGINAL: DONOVAN KURTWOOD

I strangley think it may be good.
The first was a good action,sci-fi family film,the second was a shambles.

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 106
RE: What's going to suck in 2012?! - 29/1/2012 1:32:46 PM   
gazpop

Can't remember the 2nd one. Is that where TLJ retires or something?

Post #: 107
RE: What's going to suck in 2012?! - 29/1/2012 3:46:52 PM   
DARKO_DONNIE_DONUT

quote:

Can't remember the 2nd one. Is that where TLJ retires or something?

yep

(in reply to gazpop)
Post #: 108
RE: What's going to suck in 2012?! - 4/2/2012 9:10:58 PM   
TinyButDeadly

quote:

ORIGINAL: jackcarter

imagine if Prometheus sucks

(in reply to jackcarter)
Post #: 109
RE: What's going to suck in 2012?! - 5/2/2012 12:50:33 PM   
gazpop

Saw Fincher's GWTDT the other night. It was a good movie. Very solid. Entertaining. Mara was excellent. Craig just pulled a few faces. Grimacing here. Raising his eyebrows there. To be honest, the original was wayyyy better. The 'reveal' was done very badly in this one. Much scarier in the Swedish version. They also changed things they didn't need to in the new one. And they didn't improve the story. In fact, they made it worse. Why change tiny things that make the film worse? You've already decided to do the same thing again but with different actors. So why change a thing if you can't improve on it? I'm not saying to people not to watch Fincher's movie. Just don't buy it; the 1st one is perfect and is all you'll ever need.
So in essence, I agree with Homer. Again. Still haven't seen Super though Homes; will let you know what I think when I do......

(in reply to TinyButDeadly)
Post #: 110
RE: What's going to suck in 2012?! - 6/2/2012 4:51:59 AM   
jonwells81

I don't want any films to suck in 2012 as there are plenty I'm looking forward to seeing, the reality is though thats at least half of those i see are gonna disapoint. E.G, Prometheus (if the studio gets it's way),
The Expendables 2 (because the studio did get its way),
The Hunger Games (see above)
Anything with Adam Sandler (because he's a cock!)
Any remakes of foreign films full stop!

(in reply to Harry Tuttle)
Post #: 111
RE: What's going to suck in 2012?! - 8/2/2012 1:18:30 AM   
boristhespie

Finchers GwTdT was good. Mara was great but Craig is for me one of those ultimately disappointing actors who find themselves over-rated for some reason or other. This film was not a patch on the original tv movie.

Promethius looks to me like it's possible suckfodder. Haven't like much Scott's done since the 80's.

The Hobbit wont suck for me but i think it will suck for those expecting more LoTrS. It's not. It's a kids book.

The Expendables may suck due to nobcheese Norris's nobcheesness and the fact negger looks like a 70's cast off window clothes dummy with poorly fitting Hawai shirt and wig. He aint aged well. At least Stallong still looks like he uses the steakjuice enhancers a la Australian custom finds.

Spiderman looks absolutely gash.

That's all we need to say about that.

Tarantino's Django is gonna be his BOMB and burst his bubble finally with the Weinies. If not with his own huge self egotised bonce of Raimi dead proportions.

Lastly battleship. It is was it is and I bet it's. Crappy blast of fun.

Badges, We don' need no stinking badgees.

(in reply to jonwells81)
Post #: 112
RE: What's going to suck in 2012?! - 8/2/2012 9:42:54 AM   
Drew_231

I watched the Swedish GWTDT over the weekend, and have to say I thought Finchers was the better film in virtually every aspect. I get the feeling some people went in wanting to dislike it because its the 'American version' and therefore going to be inferior.

Dont quite get the criticism about the changes as well. The original changed a hell of a lot, and not for the better. And I even think Rooney Mara was a better Salander (not taking anything away from Rapace though, two excellent preformances from very talented actors)

(in reply to boristhespie)
Post #: 113
RE: What's going to suck in 2012?! - 8/2/2012 10:08:03 AM   
st3veebee

Had Finchers been the first film I would agree: but I just don't see the point in this remake. More stylish and less televisual but in the end the performances aren't as good (Mara, while good, appears to just mimic Rapace and Craig is just not trying very hard) and the accents are all over the shop.

In the end I just don't see the point: not enough changed. Took away the subtitles and made it look a bit nicer. Surely not enough to warrant such an immediate remake.

I can almost guarantee both The Avengers, The Hobbit and Spiderman will dissapoint. DKR can't possibly be the ultimate conclusion and everyone will say Prometheus is great...just because its too sad to say otherwise.

Latest Films:

Two days in New York: 4/5

Prometheus: 3.5/5

Abe Lincoln: VH 3/5

Twin Peaks: FWWM 3.5/5

(in reply to Drew_231)
Post #: 114
RE: What's going to suck in 2012?! - 20/5/2012 3:18:59 PM   
Whistler

It's funny looking back at this and seeing posts saying The Avengers will suck

(in reply to st3veebee)
Post #: 115
RE: What's going to suck in 2012?! - 20/5/2012 4:12:38 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

I've loved every film i've seen at the cinema so far this year:

Battleship
John Carter
The Avengers

Pack your bags, we're going on a guilt trip!

(in reply to Whistler)
Post #: 116
RE: What's going to suck in 2012?! - 21/5/2012 12:06:50 AM   
vad3r

Single Virgin Mod Candidate 2013

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives
To paraphrase the great man himself:

Vad3r won't go anywhere near this.

(in reply to DONOVAN KURTWOOD)
Post #: 117
RE: What's going to suck in 2012?! - 21/5/2012 12:09:57 AM   
Shifty Bench

Do you even have points to your posts any more?

Extended Edition Podcast- Episode 46:Threads Of Destiny (Star Wars Fan Film)

(in reply to vad3r)
Post #: 118
RE: What's going to suck in 2012?! - 21/5/2012 12:25:49 AM   
vad3r

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shifty Bench

Do you even have points to your posts any more?

A picture (or two) can tell a thousand words.

The Prometheus poster should be renamed Transformers vs Battleship (TvB). It's the single blandest, laziest creation I've ever witnessed.
At this rate, I'd rather sit and stare at the original Alien poster for 90 minutes than waste my hard earned on this Bay.

I hope I'm wrong though.

Single Virgin Mod Candidate 2013

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives
To paraphrase the great man himself:

Vad3r won't go anywhere near this.

(in reply to Shifty Bench)
Post #: 119
RE: What's going to suck in 2012?! - 21/5/2012 12:45:42 AM   
Shifty Bench

So, you are saying the film could suck based on the poster?

Extended Edition Podcast- Episode 46:Threads Of Destiny (Star Wars Fan Film)

(in reply to vad3r)
Post #: 120
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4] 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> RE: What's going to suck in 2012?! Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4] 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI