Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: What's going to suck in 2012?!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> RE: What's going to suck in 2012?! Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: What's going to suck in 2012?! - 20/1/2012 3:55:44 PM   
REALLYMAD

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives

quote:

ORIGINAL: REALLYMAD

This fucking message board, if the misery-loves-company clique have anything to do with it.
Jesus Christ, does anyone remember when films actually used to be fun?

What is it about these places that make even the most placid neutral fall victim to the soul-sucking practices of the clinically depressed near-suicidal deconstructionites in here? You really don't want to turn into one of those, it's one step closer to fully-fledged pretentious movie snobbery.

For a change why not try to watch something without pre-judging it? Sure, I don't doubt there will be more than enough opportunity for the despair-addicted to come back and say "told you so" but it's worth it to experience those infrequent pleasant little surprises of watching a hidden gem.

Mind you, the Sandler thing really does look like a bag of arse.

You gonna give Herzog's next film a go then?

Phnaaar!

You know what? I've tried with Herzog, I really have. I have sat and watched some of his stuff in the hope that something there might appeal to me and change my mind. I had hopes for Bad Lieutenant, I like Cage and Eva Mendes is always nice to look at. And I tried really REALLY hard. I suppose a plus-point was that I didn't want to slit my writs at the end of it, since there were "comedic" moments.

I dunno, maybe I just don't get the man or his work. He disregards suggestions that film making is an art form but clearly much of what he produces appeals directly to the very core of the art-house influenced, even in his diluted form.
He's a walking contradiction. And a nutter who seems to celebrate his own eccentricity.

"Hahahaha, you've ticked all the points on the "wounded bunny" checklist tonight!"

#1 wankiest attempted put-down in messageboard history.

(in reply to horribleives)
Post #: 61
RE: What's going to suck in 2012?! - 20/1/2012 4:07:23 PM   
Deviation

quote:

This fucking message board, if the misery-loves-company clique have anything to do with it.

What is it about these places that make even the most placid neutral fall victim to the soul-sucking practices of the clinically depressed near-suicidal deconstructionites in here? You really don't want to turn into one of those, it's one step closer to fully-fledged pretentious movie snobbery.

For a change why not try to watch something without pre-judging it? Sure, I don't doubt there will be more than enough opportunity for the despair-addicted to come back and say "told you so" but it's worth it to experience those infrequent pleasant little surprises of watching a hidden gem.

Your absolutely right. You should go away and never bring your hypocritical self back (though calling S-E is fully-fledged pretentious movie snob is hilarious on many levels and considering most of the deconstruction came from people you'd call Marvel fans).  You clearly don't like the people here, why don't you just go and never return back, and don't forget to slit your wrists. But before you do...

quote:

You know what? I've tried with Herzog, I really have. I have sat and watched some of his stuff in the hope that something there might appeal to me and change my mind. I had hopes for Bad Lieutenant, I like Cage and Eva Mendes is always nice to look at. And I tried really REALLY hard. I suppose a plus-point was that I didn't want to slit my writs at the end of it, since there were "comedic" moments.

I've asked you this more than once, what else have you seen? This is the only film you've ever directly claimed of watching of his, which thankfully I wasn't a big fan of either, mostly becuase of how aimless it felt. Not that you'll tell me, I doubt you have watched them.

quote:

I dunno, maybe I just don't get the man or his work. He disregards suggestions that film making is an art form but clearly much of what he produces appeals directly to the very core of the art-house influenced, even in his diluted form.
He's a walking contradiction. And a nutter who seems to celebrate his own eccentricity.

This makes no fucking sense whatsoever.

< Message edited by Deviation -- 20/1/2012 4:15:12 PM >

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dpp1978
There are certainly times where calling a person a cunt is not only reasonable, it is a gross understatement.

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49
I really wish I could go down to see Privates

(in reply to REALLYMAD)
Post #: 62
RE: What's going to suck in 2012?! - 20/1/2012 4:15:52 PM   
Spaldron

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation

quote:

Your absolutely right. You should go away and never bring your hypocritical self back (though calling S-E is fully-fledged pretentious movie snob is hilarious on many levels and considering most of the deconstruction came from people you'd call Marvel fans).  You clearly don't like the people here, why don't you just go and never return back, and don't forget to slit your wrists. But before you do...

I want this for my sig.

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts
And I looked and behold, a pale horse
And his name that sat on him was Death
And Hell followed with him.

(in reply to Deviation)
Post #: 63
RE: What's going to suck in 2012?! - 20/1/2012 4:21:33 PM   
Shifty Bench

quote:

This fucking message board,

Ahem......it's a fucking forum

(and if you don't like it here, you really don't have to be here)

Extended Edition Podcast- Episode 46:Threads Of Destiny (Star Wars Fan Film)

(in reply to REALLYMAD)
Post #: 64
RE: What's going to suck in 2012?! - 20/1/2012 4:23:43 PM   
Timon

To be fair, in his initial post, he had a point.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to Shifty Bench)
Post #: 65
RE: What's going to suck in 2012?! - 20/1/2012 4:24:51 PM   
rawlinson

So someone who has spent most of his time here complaining about Herzog, Kermode and Dev' has made a post complaining about how this forum sucks because people complain too much.

Post #: 66
RE: What's going to suck in 2012?! - 20/1/2012 4:28:30 PM   
Timon

Well, I don't know about his others posts, but I agree with the "misery-loves-company clique" bit.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 67
RE: What's going to suck in 2012?! - 20/1/2012 4:28:40 PM   
Shifty Bench

quote:

ORIGINAL: Timon

To be fair, in his initial post, he had a point.

Indeed. The Sandler thing really does look like a bag of arse.

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 68
RE: What's going to suck in 2012?! - 20/1/2012 4:28:44 PM   
REALLYMAD

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation

quote:

Your absolutely right. You should go away and never come back (though calling S-E is fully-fledged pretentious movie snob is hilarious on many levels). You clearly don't like the people here, why don't you just go and never return back. But before you do...

quote:

I've asked you this more than once, what else have you seen? This is the only film you've ever directly claimed of watching of his, which thankfully I wasn't a big fan of either, mostly becuase of how aimless it felt.

quote:

This makes no fucking sense whatsoever.

Hello Dev.

You really can't let it go, can you.
Are you stalking me now? I'm just here giving my opinion like everyone else and I could put money on you having another crack at it. What's wrong with you? Abandonment issues? What?

I've seen enough of his work to know I generally don't like it. It doesn't entertain me and I feel worse at the end of his films than I do at the start. Eating his own fucking shoe for crying out loud! What I watched of that was only out or car-wreck morbid interest. I get less nourishment from his films than he did that shoe.

Why is my opinion so important to you anyway Dev? Are you deliberately trying to get me chucked out just because I don't agree with you? Christ, and you call ME a troll. Take a breath and get over yourself fella. Whatever elucidated insight you care to divulge on Herzog, who you so obviously rate, the fact remains that to many others his films are still shit.

I don't mind being your pet project but you're losing a bit of perspective I'd say.

"Hahahaha, you've ticked all the points on the "wounded bunny" checklist tonight!"

(in reply to Deviation)
Post #: 69
RE: What's going to suck in 2012?! - 20/1/2012 4:30:14 PM   
Shifty Bench

You know, I actually like you Reallymad. You should stick around. 

(in reply to REALLYMAD)
Post #: 70
RE: What's going to suck in 2012?! - 20/1/2012 4:32:51 PM   
Timon

Ok. He's lost me now.

I'm too much of a happy guy.

Post #: 71
RE: What's going to suck in 2012?! - 20/1/2012 4:34:56 PM   
Shifty Bench

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 72
RE: What's going to suck in 2012?! - 20/1/2012 4:35:56 PM   
REALLYMAD

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shifty Bench

quote:

Semantics nazis now? Really Shifty?

You're right too, sometimes I wonder why I'm here. Then I remember I actually enjoy watching films. Yeah fine, I've expressed my opinions on some outspoken people who do nothing more than pull down everything they possibly can but at least I'm specific about them, it's not a grief stricken blanket-bombing campaign like some.

Post #: 73
RE: What's going to suck in 2012?! - 20/1/2012 4:41:17 PM   
Shifty Bench

quote:

quote:

quote:

You can't take a joke, you should fit in well around here

I'll admit though, I do actually agree with you on the whole 'judging something before seeing it' complaint.

(in reply to REALLYMAD)
Post #: 74
RE: What's going to suck in 2012?! - 20/1/2012 4:44:14 PM   
REALLYMAD

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

You can't take a joke, you should fit in well around here

I'll admit though, I do actually agree with you on the whole 'judging something before seeing it' complaint.

If it was a gag I'm good with that. Wasn't really sure though. No harm done either way

Post #: 75
RE: What's going to suck in 2012?! - 20/1/2012 4:51:03 PM   
Shifty Bench

My posts after that one should have been a clue 

As you say though, no harm done

(in reply to REALLYMAD)
Post #: 76
RE: What's going to suck in 2012?! - 20/1/2012 4:57:31 PM   
REALLYMAD

quote:

My posts after that one should have been a clue 

As you say though, no harm done

I only saw them after I had submitted my post mate.

Post #: 77
RE: What's going to suck in 2012?! - 20/1/2012 5:07:08 PM   
Shifty Bench

Cool. 

(in reply to REALLYMAD)
Post #: 78
RE: What's going to suck in 2012?! - 20/1/2012 5:07:27 PM   
MonsterCat

I think REALLYMAD and Deviation are destined to do this forever.

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to REALLYMAD)
Post #: 79
RE: What's going to suck in 2012?! - 20/1/2012 5:17:40 PM   
Timon

You know what this thread needs? More gifs of Paul Rudd dancing.

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 80
RE: What's going to suck in 2012?! - 20/1/2012 5:18:32 PM   
Shifty Bench

quote:

ORIGINAL: MonsterCat

I think they're in denial

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 81
RE: What's going to suck in 2012?! - 20/1/2012 6:01:42 PM   
REALLYMAD

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: MonsterCat

I think they're in denial

Oi you bugger - I actually enjoyed Mad Max 2!

(Bagsie being Vernon Wells!)

Post #: 82
RE: What's going to suck in 2012?! - 20/1/2012 10:14:22 PM   
Deviation

OH SHIT I'VE BEEN CAUGHT

It's true! I love you REALLYMAD, let's immigrate to America and live happily together in New York. I love your cranky ways. I love the way you complain all the time and criticize others for complaining. I love your facile explanations (he didn't film the thing where he ate his shoe btw, it was also a bet with Morris) and you avoid offering reasons to criticize me and others. You are my one true love. You are the Statler to my Waldorf.

I'M ANGRY CAUSE I CAN'T STOP LOVING. IF ONLY I KNEW HOW TO STOP LOVING YOU

< Message edited by Deviation -- 20/1/2012 10:18:47 PM >

quote:

There are certainly times where calling a person a cunt is not only reasonable, it is a gross understatement.

quote:

(in reply to REALLYMAD)
Post #: 83
RE: What's going to suck in 2012?! - 21/1/2012 2:31:50 AM   
REALLYMAD

Hmmm. Yeah, definitely abandonment issues.

(in reply to Deviation)
Post #: 84
RE: What's going to suck in 2012?! - 21/1/2012 8:44:54 AM   
boristhespie

Back to the point. Ridley Scott may suck. He's totally over rated as a director his rep based on Alien/Blade Runner and I have a feeling his latest is trying too hard.

Think people not au fait with the book will be disappointed with Thr Hobbit. Expecting something similar to LOTR which it isn't.

Tarantino is due a flat on face. At least some dunt to jump is needle out of the "look at I ament I referential cool" nobcheeseness.

Not sure I think batman will be okay but not at the same level as No2.

Spiderman. Really who cares anymore. Next...

Pg12 The Expendables= cock. Plus Arnie looks half decomposed in the trailer. He aint aged well.

< Message edited by boristhespie -- 21/1/2012 8:46:08 AM >

Badges, We don' need no stinking badgees.

(in reply to REALLYMAD)
Post #: 85
RE: What's going to suck in 2012?! - 21/1/2012 10:35:32 AM   
genejoke

quote:

Think people not au fait with the book will be disappointed with Thr Hobbit. Expecting something similar to LOTR which it isn't.

To be honest it looks as though they are bringing the hobbit a little more in line with LOTR for the films, which isn't too much of a stretch. Regardless I'm looking forward to it i just as much as I did each installment of LOTR.

(in reply to boristhespie)
Post #: 86
RE: What's going to suck in 2012?! - 21/1/2012 5:40:53 PM   
will1000

I almost wish I hadn't started this thread.

Let me put some things straight. I've watched films all my life and studied them at university, writing and making my own. I have worked on television and film sets. I love film. Which is why I saddens me that the Hollywood machine continues to churn out mediocre trash to make a quick buck whilst good films get limited cinematic releases (Drive was on at my local cinema once a day for less than a week!) or no release at all.
The ratio of good to bad cinema releases is so one sided that I rarely go to the cinema these days. For every Drive, or Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy there are a half dozen 'tweenage', poor 3D and Adam Sandler films that inexplicably make lots of money, so you'll have to forgive me for being slightly cynical over the quality of some of the films coming this year.

I meant this thread to be honest but light hearted. I'm not miserable, I just wish the better films got as much coverage and wider releases as the mainstream crap we get pushed in our faces.

SAN DIMAS HIGHSCHOOL FOOTBALL RULES!

< Message edited by will1000 -- 21/1/2012 5:41:41 PM >

(in reply to REALLYMAD)
Post #: 87
RE: What's going to suck in 2012?! - 21/1/2012 7:01:54 PM   
Deviation

quote:

Hmmm. Yeah, definitely abandonment issues.

STOP DOING THIS YOU SEXY CAD

quote:

quote:

(in reply to REALLYMAD)
Post #: 88
RE: What's going to suck in 2012?! - 21/1/2012 7:06:36 PM   
DancingClown

quote:

ORIGINAL: will1000

I meant this thread to be honest but light hearted. I'm not miserable, I just wish the better films got as much coverage and wider releases as the mainstream crap we get pushed in our faces.

I guess that's the problem, though, the only 'honesty' that gets expressed in a thread like this is the extent of people's prejudices. And how can an opinion of a film be honest when one hasn't even seen it? And people's ideas on what constitutes crap will vary, and not everyone believes that the massive influx of impending blockbusters this summer is necessarily a bad thing, a lot of people will be genuinely excited and there's nothing really wrong with that. I think a thread entitled "what sucked in 2012" would at least aspire to encourage more honesty, although personally I wouldn't see the point of it.

And if you want the "better" films to get more coverage starting flaming threads about the "crap" ones is kinda self-defeating. But I understand your intentions.

Astronomic Tune Boy

'The town knew darkness, and darkness was enough.'

"Storm just bleeewwww me away..."

(in reply to will1000)
Post #: 89
RE: What's going to suck in 2012?! - 22/1/2012 7:52:01 AM   
boristhespie

So you can't even say you think some movie or other may not live up to expectation cause that makes you a soul sucking pessimist who thrives on negativity. What a load of fallooval. This thread is called Movie musings. That means thinkin about all loads of falooval.

Some people take it all rather too seriously. Personally I have zero problem with people saying "that looks like it may suck". If anything it is a critique on a films marketing or promotion, leaks or just the concept overall. Nothing will please people more than to be proven wrong. To be surprised when a film they think may "suck" actually doesn't. If anything such a revelation could make the experience even more entertaining.

I have never walked out of a film. I believe in giving it a chance to redeem itself. Some have some haven't bu come in this is juat one thread on one insignificant forum somewhere in the world. If you find such threads disheartening then look elsewhere. Simple.

Badges, We don' need no stinking badgees.

(in reply to horribleives)
Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> RE: What's going to suck in 2012?! Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI