Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Dark Knight Rises Batsuit Revealed

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Dark Knight Rises Batsuit Revealed Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Dark Knight Rises Batsuit Revealed - 12/1/2012 1:57:34 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
RE: Have never liked Nolan's BM mask - 12/1/2012 4:28:56 PM   
KnightofZyryab

To me the new suit says purpose built, to withstand the raw power of Bane.

Imminent viewings : The Place Beyond the Pines

Read my blog at: http://alcentrodelaberinto.blogspot.com/
Post #: 2
RE: Have never liked Nolan's BM mask - 12/1/2012 6:59:20 PM   
rich

It isn't different enough from last time to even bother picking what is better or worse

Meanwhile...

(in reply to KnightofZyryab)
Post #: 3
RE: Have never liked Nolan's BM mask - 12/1/2012 7:01:00 PM   
Tech_Noir

Still prefer Keaton's Batman suit but Nolan's films aren't about the superficial.

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 4
RE: Have never liked Nolan's BM mask - 12/1/2012 8:52:48 PM   
job314

quote:

ORIGINAL: jabbathut

Don't know if there are trying to be more 'realistic' by making the cowl big enough to fit communications equipment in, but in my mind the cowl/mask has always been far too big in the Nolan movies.

Also the suit is too busy and the symbol far too small. I once read in one origins story that Bruce Wayne made the symbol on his chest yellow, thus giving gun weilding thugs something to aim at, (His suit is bullet proof, his mouth and chin are not!) lessening the chance of a bullet in the head...

I think that quote/comment is in Frank Miller's Dark Knight Returns...I always thought they should incorporate that into the films..
Post #: 5
RE: Have never liked Nolan's BM mask - 12/1/2012 8:53:10 PM   
job314

I think that quote/comment is in Frank Miller's Dark Knight Returns...I always thought they should incorporate that into the films..
Post #: 6
RE: - 12/1/2012 8:54:36 PM   
job314

Hmm, missing the point a bit here, I think.. Never mind, thanks for playing..!!
Post #: 7
RE: - 13/1/2012 9:35:59 AM   
Kayotik

I'll echo the sentiments above, the cowl is just too bulky and oversized. Plus, and this is getting picky, Bale has an annoying tendancy to smirk. So even when he's looking serious he has a little bit of a smirk on the go, so as such now whenever I see him trying to look imposing in the batsuit like this:
[image]http://collider.com/wp-content/uploads/the-dark-knight-rises-batsuit.jpg[/image]

I end up just picturing this:
[image]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_6xoH967aC00/S0otpJMgMKI/AAAAAAAAWME/6rQCkQdG9Pk/s400/cat044.jpg[/image]

< Message edited by Kayotik -- 13/1/2012 9:37:01 AM >

(in reply to job314)
Post #: 8
RE: RE: - 13/1/2012 9:38:13 AM   
Kayotik

Also I keep getting a 500 Internal Error when I try to post the images, so I'm afraid it's copy and paste time. 

(in reply to Kayotik)
Post #: 9
RE: RE: - 13/1/2012 9:38:25 AM   
Kayotik

Also I keep getting a 500 Internal Error when I try to post the images, so I'm afraid it's copy and paste time. 

(in reply to Kayotik)
Post #: 10
RE: - 13/1/2012 9:52:58 AM   
Chis

quote:

ORIGINAL: Musicals

So..let me get this right: once upon a time there was this comic hero called Batman because he dressed up like --er,, a bat (though why anyone should want to look like these ugly little devils who tend to hang upside down and carry rabies is beyond me)
Anyway,Hollywood-which has largely sold its soul to the illiterate nonesense that are American comics (Those of British origin tend to be more literate with written stories and believable heroes without super powers) has finally run the "bat" idea into the ground and nowadays-although the guy still runs around being generally "batty" has become - "A KNIGHT!!! WOW! Well good for hiim! And yes,the late jazz player could call himself "Duke" Ellington if he liked- but I mean come on people! You must see that your being sold old wine in a new bottle here? Since when was this guy kn ighted? (He can't be an yway hes an American!)

Are you just jesting!?
If not, sssssssh.  If you donít like Batman or the Batman films why bother posting here?  You are missing the point and sound like a over opinionated old woman who doesnít understand what sheís talking about, which you clearly donít regarding why he is also referred to as the Dark Knight.  By your username you like musicals, fair enough, I hate them! but you donít see me posting in forums about musicals, just because they arenít my cup and tea and cant stand them doesnít mean no one else isnít allowed to enjoy them.

Back on topic.  The suit looks exactly the same as the last film to me, which is a bit too busy and not as mean & intimidating as the Batman begins suit.  Though its not bad enough to ruin anything and it makes sense for the actor to be able to move faster and more flexible.
On another note im glad Nolan isnít changing Banes audio, I understood him fine from trailer & prologue, no need to possibly ruin Hardyís performance just because some people cant pay attention.
Post #: 11
RE: RE: - 13/1/2012 10:05:38 AM   
Chis

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kayotik

I'll echo the sentiments above, the cowl is just too bulky and oversized. Plus, and this is getting picky, Bale has an annoying tendancy to smirk. So even when he's looking serious he has a little bit of a smirk on the go, so as such now whenever I see him trying to look imposing in the batsuit like this:
[image]http://collider.com/wp-content/uploads/the-dark-knight-rises-batsuit.jpg[/image]

I end up just picturing this:
[image]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_6xoH967aC00/S0otpJMgMKI/AAAAAAAAWME/6rQCkQdG9Pk/s400/cat044.jpg[/image]

Iím really not getting these "cowl is too bulky & oversized" comments.  Whatís wrong with it? are you wanting a skin tight lycra mask!?
It fits to his head fine and if it was any smaller it wouldnít look imposing enough I think.  Also folk calling it a hat!? ha, what hats do you wear that go over your whole head and face?!  everyone has views though & if they donít like it, fair enough.  I think it looks fine and makes sense as he is able to move his head...... for once.

(in reply to Kayotik)
Post #: 12
RE: RE: - 13/1/2012 11:08:35 AM   
Kayotik

That's your opinion, but myself and others just feel that his head looks too bulbous and weird shaped. It's like in those cartoons when someone's brain gets amplified and so their head grows to show it.

Also, I'm glad I'm not the only one who really dislikes Bane's voice. I like Hardy as an actor, but I don't feel he's the right choice for the part. I mean for a start he's almost a foot shorter than Bale (check their bio's) and he sounded like he was doing a cartoon version of Moriarty with that accent.

Maybe I'm biased because I read the comics, and so always invisioned Bane as being nearly twice the size of Batman and with a deep, predator sounding voice much like Riddick in Pitch Black.

(in reply to Chis)
Post #: 13
RE: - 13/1/2012 12:07:52 PM   
domcruise

Well done. You've made yourself look incredibly dumb, whilst trying to sound bigger than everyone here. 

< Message edited by domcruise -- 13/1/2012 1:14:08 PM >
Post #: 14
RE: RE: - 13/1/2012 12:53:44 PM   
Chis

I get where you are coming from, having read the comics myself, might have helped if actor played Bane was taller.
But depending how the character is played in the film and I donít think its that important, just a different version of the character (at least he is not something crazy like 9 foot tall! ha) If you look at the picture where Bane and Batman are facing each other the cowl doesnít look too big there does it? looks fine to me.  Might be because it thins at neck more than other cowls that looks too big to you maybe.  As I donít think there is much of ,or any at all of gap between where Bales head stops and the top of the cowl meet, maybe lack of seeing hair/hairline is making it look that way.
I think Hardy will do a good job and I liked his voice from what Iíve heard of it so far.  Though I also like Bales Batman voice, makes sense to me he would change his voice to hide the fact he is Bruce Wayne and make it sound deeper & more intimidating.  But I know alot of folk who hate it ha.  In any case the proof is in the pudding, shall just have to see how film turns out, Nolan hasnít made a bad film yet in my book, some weaker than others but nothing terrible.  So Iím optimistic.

(in reply to Kayotik)
Post #: 15
RE: Get a Life! - 13/1/2012 1:09:51 PM   
Kayotik

Oh the hypocrisy in coming onto a Film magazine's forum to complain at people discussing films to get a life.

< Message edited by Kayotik -- 13/1/2012 1:10:10 PM >
Post #: 16
RE: RE: - 13/1/2012 8:10:20 PM   
Cool Breeze

Looks like the same one he had in the last movie to me.

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

(in reply to Chis)
Post #: 17
RE: RE: - 14/1/2012 11:35:17 AM   
Dirk Miggler

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze

Looks like the same one he had in the last movie to me.

It is, I've been looking at the photos of the suit from DK, I can't see a difference other than the new pics of the suit are more brightly lit, giving a lighter tone and showing more detail.

People need to get a fckin grip !!

(in reply to Cool Breeze)
Post #: 18
RE: RE: - 14/1/2012 11:36:06 AM   
Dirk Miggler

Double post.

< Message edited by Dirk Miggler -- 14/1/2012 11:37:43 AM >

(in reply to Cool Breeze)
Post #: 19
RE: RE: - 17/1/2012 12:31:20 AM   
Dogma

Let's face it, it looks a little Batman and Robin in that shot (minus the bat nipples), but Nolan's suits have always looked a little weird in publicity photos, but on film/in screenshots the suit looks great!

(in reply to Chis)
Post #: 20
RE: RE: - 17/1/2012 12:31:39 AM   
Dogma

Double

< Message edited by Dogma -- 17/1/2012 12:33:04 AM >

(in reply to Chis)
Post #: 21
Catwoman: Better actress needed for this role. - 20/2/2012 4:22:59 PM   
michaelblade

Felt that Chris Nolan should have chosen the actress with more maturity & someone who would team up with Batman! Emily Blunt would be my first choice, otherwise Olivia Wilde. Anne Hathaway is a comic actress. Concerned that it is too violent, more time is needed for this film to be released! Not suitable for children.Tickets sold too early in the States, way before time.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 22
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Dark Knight Rises Batsuit Revealed Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News††|††Empire Blog††|††Movie Reviews††|††Future Films††|††Features††|††Video Interviews††|††Image Gallery††|††Competitions††|††Forum††|††Magazine††|††Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI