Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Flight - Zemeckis' Return To Live-Action Film-Making

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> Flight - Zemeckis' Return To Live-Action Film-Making Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Flight - Zemeckis' Return To Live-Action Film-Making - 12/1/2012 1:46:43 PM   
Timon

I'm all for filmmakers to experiment, but I'm glad that Robert Zemeckis has decided to put down the motion capture technology and come back to live action film making. After all, his last 'live' film was Castaway! That was ages ago.

Anyway, he's got a hell of a cast for his next film - Flight. It includes Denzel Wasington, Don Cheadle, Jon Goodman, Bruce Greenwood and James Badge Dale.

Scripted by John Gatins (Real Steel), it's about "the redemption story of “Whip” (Washington), a commercial airline pilot who pulls off a heroic feat of flying in a damaged plane, saving 98 lives on a flight carrying 106 people. While the world begs to embrace him as a true American Hero, the everyman struggles with this label as he is forced to hold up to the scrutiny of an investigation that brings into question his behavior the night before the doomed flight."

Ooooh.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh
Post #: 1
RE: Flight - Zemeckis' Return To Live-Action Film-Making - 12/1/2012 1:53:28 PM   
Emyr Thy King

That actually sounds like an incredible film. I can see Goodman as the supportive fellow aviator friend or a FAA official grilling him for details. Good find.

"This whole imbroglio is epiphenomenal"...."demigogic faux egalitarianism" - Will Self

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 2
RE: Flight - Zemeckis' Return To Live-Action Film-Making - 13/1/2012 1:02:42 PM   
Nexus Wookie

Hmm....sounds very interesting! I do however agree that Zemeckis leaving his 'toys' to finally make a live action film - is welcome news! Afterall,, Castaway was a really enjoyable movie!

My blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/

(in reply to Emyr Thy King)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> Flight - Zemeckis' Return To Live-Action Film-Making Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI