Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Netflix UK

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> DVD Discussion >> RE: Netflix UK Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Netflix UK - 26/8/2012 2:20:29 PM   
elab49

quote:

ORIGINAL: MI Cruise

Im using Netflix but I access the US content more as they have a better selection of shows, the UK version is way behind in comparison.

How do you access the US version from here? Even with a VPN, do you need a US credit card or address or can you use your UK log-in?

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to MI Cruise)
Post #: 91
RE: Netflix UK - 26/8/2012 4:16:39 PM   
elab49

'pparently not. Superb!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 92
RE: Netflix UK - 24/10/2012 9:51:26 PM   
steffols

Netflix are really on the ball with Breaking Bad atm. They're adding Season 5 part 1 in a few days which is quite amazing for a streaming website considering that it's not long aired in the States. The TV shows on Netflix are great and it seems they are updating films a lot more frequently. I've never had problems with Netflix streaming (no problems which havent been affected by my own connection) and the picture quality is always perfect. Lovefilm on the hother hand, was constantly buffering and crashing. I had nothing but problems.

It's midnight in Manhattan, this is no time to get cute, it's a mad dog's promenade,
So walk tall, or baby don't walk at all.

(in reply to Cool Breeze)
Post #: 93
RE: Netflix UK - 25/10/2012 2:07:10 PM   
elab49

I'm still not seeing a lot of films going on. The new viewing format I think makes that a little bit more obvious too I think?

quote:

(in reply to steffols)
Post #: 94
RE: Netflix UK - 25/10/2012 3:57:36 PM   
gunstar

I use the Ps3 to stream us netflix and have found that a website called instantwatcher is really useful to see exactly what is available, as there are limited choices from the ps3 menu.

Here's the link:

http://instantwatcher.com/

'We can take these Deadites! We can take them.....with science."

"We'll get 'em. We'll throw the book at them. Assault and kidnapping. Assault with a gun and a bourbon and a sports car."

"Falcon! Grab my ankles!"

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 95
RE: Netflix UK - 25/10/2012 4:13:38 PM   
elab49

US Netflix is significantly better than the UK sadly.

quote:

(in reply to gunstar)
Post #: 96
RE: Netflix UK - 28/10/2012 10:24:02 PM   
theoriginalcynic

I'm trying out Netfix at the moment and although great for Breaking Bad, the choice of films is poor. If they offered a postal service as well I'd consider switching from Love Film (because of buffering problems.)

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 97
RE: Netflix UK - 5/11/2012 12:08:07 AM   
silkorkid

How do you use the US version in the UK? Please help.

(in reply to MI Cruise)
Post #: 98
RE: Netflix UK - 14/4/2014 8:51:36 AM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

Started a free trial on this recently and i have to say i'm impressed. It's been great to catch up on a lot of back catalogue stuff. I still get all the new releases i want on Blu but Netflix is very handy and the streaming quality is excellent.

Pack your bags, we're going on a guilt trip!

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 99
RE: Netflix UK - 14/4/2014 9:12:36 AM   
elab49

quote:

ORIGINAL: silkorkid

A VPN of some sort - I use tunnelbear. Your UK login works on the US site so you don't need to reregister - you just need to make the site think you're in the US.

quote:

(in reply to silkorkid)
Post #: 100
RE: Netflix UK - 14/4/2014 9:50:37 AM   
FoximusPrime

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49

quote:

ORIGINAL: silkorkid

A VPN of some sort - I use tunnelbear. Your UK login works on the US site so you don't need to reregister - you just need to make the site think you're in the US.

There are also browser add-ons called Hola and Mediahint, both of which have the same effect (I use Firefox, so I don't know about other browsers). Of course, they aren't any use if you only use a Netflix app.

Spoiler colour: #F1F1F1

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 101
RE: Netflix UK - 14/4/2014 10:00:10 AM   
elab49

Are there any streaming limits using that type of thing? (I can't check with Firefox specifically as the update about a year ago means it crashes my PC every time I use it, no idea why!)

quote:

(in reply to FoximusPrime)
Post #: 102
RE: Netflix UK - 14/4/2014 10:13:21 AM   
FoximusPrime

Not that I know of: it is simply a browser extension rather than an additional programme like Tunnelbear (assuming that still is), so I expect it only depends on your own broadband package.

Here are their websites:
http://hola.org/
https://mediahint.com/

Full disclosure: I haven't actually used them yet to watch anything (I can confirm that Hola for one definitely lets you log into to the US site though). I've read good things about them though, mainly on social media.

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 103
RE: Netflix UK - 14/4/2014 10:21:15 AM   
elab49

Cheers :)

quote:

(in reply to FoximusPrime)
Post #: 104
RE: Netflix UK - 15/4/2014 9:55:40 AM   
FoximusPrime

I installed the iPad Tunnelbear app last night and was pretty impressed. I didn't have time to watch anything on Netflix (one of these days...) but I did browse the US selection on the Netflix app.

The ease of use, the fact that you can get an extra 1GB on the data limit each month (i.e. giving you 1.5GB in total) just by tweeting Tunnelbear, and that it seems to be just 1.99 a month if you need more, all mean I'll be making more use of Tunnelbear very soon.

It's such a ball-ache to hook the laptop (to use the browser add-ons mentioned yesterday) up to the TV when the tablet can be booted up and connected to the TV in less than a minute.

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 105
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> DVD Discussion >> RE: Netflix UK Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI