Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Dredd

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: Dredd Page: <<   < prev  42 43 [44] 45 46   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Dredd - 30/6/2012 9:53:31 AM   
sauchieboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: danbo1138

Sam Worthington needs to stay the fuck away from Rouge.Jeremy Renner would be a better choice,he has weird eyes that would look cool with white lenses.

Any of you Southerners going to see Urban and the Dredd panel at London comic con thingy?

To paraphrase Carrie Fisher; isn't Renner a little short for a genetically engineered trooper?

Comic conventions give me the fear, but that event should be good for some Dredd news; so I'll be keeping an eye on 2000ad's Twitter feed next weekend. According to the promo stuff, there's some kind of presentation on Dredd (2012), so that might feature some new footage.

http://showmastersonline.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=76625

(in reply to danbo1138)
Post #: 1291
RE: Dredd - 30/6/2012 10:20:28 AM   
danbo1138

As a healthy Jack Russellesque 5/5 myself,I think he's tall enough .
My point was really anyone but Sam Worthington,and Renner can act,first name that popped into my head,that and my copy of Empire is sat about two feet away with his mug on the front cover

Come against me, if you dare! I am the storm! Come if you dare, Shai'tan! I am the Dragon Reborn!

(in reply to sauchieboy)
Post #: 1292
RE: Dredd - 30/6/2012 12:22:39 PM   
chris kilby

quote:

ORIGINAL: sauchieboy

quote:

Rogue Trooper would make a great film. Was there not talk of a movie before the first Dredd flick even? (I almost typed Rouge Trooper there which would be a different proposition entirely - "Hell-o, Gunnar!")

Flesh - The Movie? Cowboys V Dinosaurs? I'm amazed someone hasn't made this one already!

Comic genius (and recently announced OBE)

Really? What for? David Cameron doesn't really strike me as one of life's comics geeks

quote:

Grant Morrison's reportedly working on a Rogue Trooper treatment for Sam Worthington, and a film called Aliens vs Dinosaurs for Barry Sonnenfeld.

You'd think they'd have learned their lesson after Cowboys and Aliens.

Don't want to stir up the whole Cowboys V Aliens thing again, but I still think that title suggested a fun Butch & Sundance V Aliens mash-up when what we got was a dour The Wild Bunch V Aliens pastiche. And much as I love Daniel Craig and Harrison Ford (I bet James Blond still can't believe he took top billing over Indiana Jones!) I think they were both far too dour to play off each other. The whole thing was like a scowlathon. Original choice, Robert Downey Jr, would have provided a better casting contrast with Ford.

And for the second time in a row The Great Sam Rockwell was a criminally wasted presence in a Jon Favreau movie. Still, it was "nice" (if surprising) to see characters smoking in a period movie again. I was watching Captain America again recently and something was bugging me but I couldn't quite put my finger on it. Then it struck me - as well being the only racially integrated Allied unit in WWII, The Howling Commandos musta been the only soldiers who didn't smoke!

(I'd still like to see a Predator movie or Matrix spin-off set in the wild west. Oh well, at least Doctor Who'll be heading west soon - Once Upon a Time Lord in the West? Blazing Saddos? Bitch Cassidy & The Song And Dance Kid...?)

< Message edited by chris kilby -- 30/6/2012 12:24:40 PM >

(in reply to sauchieboy)
Post #: 1293
RE: Dredd - 30/6/2012 12:27:34 PM   
chris kilby

quote:

Sam Worthington needs to stay the fuck away from Rouge.

TYPO OF THE WEEK!

(I thought Ol' Sam looked rather good in a skirt too... )

(in reply to danbo1138)
Post #: 1294
RE: Dredd - 30/6/2012 2:00:31 PM   
danbo1138

quote:

ORIGINAL: chris kilby

quote:

Sam Worthington needs to stay the fuck away from Rouge.

TYPO OF THE WEEK!

(I thought Ol' Sam looked rather good in a skirt too... )

Hehehe

Come against me, if you dare! I am the storm! Come if you dare, Shai'tan! I am the Dragon Reborn!

(in reply to chris kilby)
Post #: 1295
RE: Dredd - 30/6/2012 4:32:54 PM   
sauchieboy

quote:

Grant Morrison, comic genius (and recently announced MBE)

Really? What for? David Cameron doesn't really strike me as one of life's comics geeks

Morrison's heavily into chaos magic, and once encouraged readers of his magnum opus, The Invisibles, to participate in a simultaneous wank to save the comic from cancellation. The (Reichian) idea was that the orgone energy released by so many folk concentrating their thoughts on the title would empower a magic sigil Morrison had devised for the purpose- and sales of the book took off immediately.

Of course, one of Morrison's earliest successes, Zenith, featured a Tory MP who used his supernatural powers to bump off rivals and influence key events... if you hear news of Dave Cameron, Nick Clegg, Theresa May and Gideon Osbourne leading the cabinet in a high level circle jerk, you can rest assured that the economy will turn around in a fortnight. You'll know where the idea came from, and why a Scottish lefty earned an MBE.

Post #: 1296
RE: Dredd - 30/6/2012 5:27:37 PM   
chris kilby

Morrison always said that Peter "Mandela" St John was based on Robert Kilroy Silk, but I always kinda thought of him as SuperHestletine. (Also loved his sly insinuation: scratch a hippy, find a Tory. Once a punk, eh...?)

EDIT: Didn't Morrison have St John give Labour Leader John Smith a fatal heart attack not long before it actually happened? It was certainly implied that St John was responsible. Spooky or what? Maybe there's something in Morrison's mystical bollocks after all.

PS: Brenda can't be all that familiar with Big Dave then. Or maybe she is!

PPS: If I wanted to watch Grant Morrison having a wank I'd read his run on New X-Men!

< Message edited by chris kilby -- 1/7/2012 1:48:21 AM >

(in reply to sauchieboy)
Post #: 1297
RE: Dredd - 30/6/2012 11:42:06 PM   
sauchieboy

Thanks to Empire for the new pic of Megacity One looking just extraordinary:

http://www.liveroleplay.com/tmp/vista.jpg

Post #: 1298
RE: Dredd - 1/7/2012 1:47:34 AM   
chris kilby

Yeah, it seems to confirm my suspicion that initial fanboy complaints that Mega-City One wasn't dense and claustrophobic enough were premature to say the least - the relatively few cityblocks merely standing out from the vast urban sprawl below. Talk about putting the "jerk" in kneejerk!

(in reply to sauchieboy)
Post #: 1299
RE: Dredd - 1/7/2012 10:15:43 AM   
sauchieboy

quote:

Yeah, it seems to confirm my suspicion that initial fanboy complaints that Mega-City One wasn't dense and claustrophobic enough were premature to say the least - the relatively few cityblocks merely standing out from the vast urban sprawl below. Talk about putting the "jerk" in kneejerk!

Aye; the striking disparity between the different buildings in the new film's architecture really emphasises the size of those mega blocks- look at the size of those people standing on the ledge (far left). http://www.liveroleplay.com/tmp/vista.jpg

Stallone's version of the city's skyline was certainly densely packed, but it all sort of blended into an undifferentiated copper-toned mass. Like the film itself, they just tried to pack too much in:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3B5DM6kXuLo&feature=fvsr

Post #: 1300
RE: Dredd - 1/7/2012 2:36:19 PM   
JOE SOAP

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2013/04/11/dredd-3d-sequel-comic-teased

< Message edited by JOE SOAP -- 15/4/2013 2:09:24 PM >

Post #: 1301
RE: Dredd - 1/7/2012 2:39:30 PM   
JOE SOAP

double post

< Message edited by JOE SOAP -- 1/7/2012 2:40:22 PM >

(in reply to JOE SOAP)
Post #: 1302
RE: Dredd - 1/7/2012 3:24:59 PM   
rich

quote:

quote:

Aye; the striking disparity between the different buildings in the new film's architecture really emphasises the size of those mega blocks- look at the size of those people standing on the ledge (far left). http://www.liveroleplay.com/tmp/vista.jpg

Stallone's version of the city's skyline was certainly densely packed, but it all sort of blended into an undifferentiated copper-toned mass. Like the film itself, they just tried to pack too much in:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3B5DM6kXuLo&feature=fvsr

The new city scape is pretty nice looking, but then that music video makes the Stallone version look pretty good

Meanwhile...

(in reply to sauchieboy)
Post #: 1303
RE: Dredd - 1/7/2012 4:19:31 PM   
chris kilby

quote:

ORIGINAL: JOE SOAP

quote:

Initial fanboy complaints concerning this film have been completely premature. Most of those still complaining about pads and hover cars have more in common with that other species who think the Stallone film is "awesome".

Does anyone actually think what one critic called "the pinball version of Blade Runner" is "awesome"? Even Demolition Man was better - at least that was vaguely satirical. Although it did have Stallone running/bellowing away from an explosion (in slo-mo - natch!) then - SHAZAM! - magically appearing back on the street with precisely no explanation as how he got there. Not once but twice!

With one narrative leap he was free...?

(in reply to JOE SOAP)
Post #: 1304
RE: Dredd - 1/7/2012 7:58:49 PM   
sauchieboy

quote:

Does anyone actually think what one critic called "the pinball version of Blade Runner" is "awesome"?

Trust me, Chris; for the last fortnight, all I've done is argue with guys who think the Stallone film "rocked", who insist he looked cool wearing that tights and codpiece combo, and who are outraged that anyone would dream of "remaking" a film that seems to have played an important part in their imaginitive and emotional development.

I'm actually so fucking bored talking about the '95 film, I don't hate it anymore.

Post #: 1305
RE: Dredd - 2/7/2012 2:41:03 AM   
chris kilby

Blimey.

(Not anyone familiar with Dredd's comic origins, I expect. Were they Americans by any chance? Or just drooling/knuckle-dragging Stallone fans who think Rocky can do no wrong?)

(in reply to sauchieboy)
Post #: 1306
RE: Dredd (2012): Chaos and Creation - 2/7/2012 10:11:14 AM   
danbo1138

I'm half tempted to hit the Batman threads and complain that they are remaking my fave Michael Keaton film.

(in reply to sauchieboy)
Post #: 1307
RE: Dredd (2012): Chaos and Creation - 2/7/2012 11:57:44 AM   
jediwarrior

Show I'm going to in London on Saturday has announced that Karl Urban will be attending and you can get a photo and autograph with him.

Also sounds like he is doing a talk panel about Dredd as well. Can't wait!!!

GAMERTAG: hothtrooper

The hate of men will pass, and dictators die, and the power they took from the people will return to the people. And so long as men die, liberty will never perish.

(in reply to danbo1138)
Post #: 1308
RE: Dredd - 2/7/2012 12:07:45 PM   
MuckyMuckMan

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Happy Shrapnel

If this is a hit, I'm still hoping that someone has the balls to make a Strontium Dog movie.

or Rogue Trooper
or
Flesh ( imagine an 18 Jurassic Park )

Strontium Dog? A futuristic spaghetti western? I'd buy that for a dollar!

Rogue Trooper would make a great film. Was there not talk of a movie before the first Dredd flick even? (I almost typed Rouge Trooper there which would be a different proposition entirely - "Hell-o, Gunnar!")

Flesh - The Movie? Cowboys V Dinosaurs? I'm amazed someone hasn't made this one already!

Yeah, be nice if Dredd spawned a 2000AD "movie universe." But first things first. Dredd has to be a hit. Being good too would be a bonus.

I'd love to see a Nemesis the Warlock and ABC Warriors film/s. I love those characters. I think ABC Warriors would make a great computer animated film.

Post #: 1309
RE: Dredd (2012): Chaos and Creation - 2/7/2012 4:22:05 PM   
Spaldron

quote:

I'm half tempted to hit the Batman threads and complain that they are remaking my fave Michael Keaton film.

This ^

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts
And I looked and behold, a pale horse
And his name that sat on him was Death
And Hell followed with him.

(in reply to danbo1138)
Post #: 1310
RE: Dredd (2012): Chaos and Creation - 2/7/2012 7:58:47 PM   
danbo1138

quote:

ORIGINAL: jediwarrior

Show I'm going to in London on Saturday has announced that Karl Urban will be attending and you can get a photo and autograph with him.

Also sounds like he is doing a talk panel about Dredd as well. Can't wait!!!

Jammy bugger

(in reply to jediwarrior)
Post #: 1311
RE: Dredd (2012): Chaos and Creation - 2/7/2012 10:07:10 PM   
sauchieboy

quote:

Arf! They'd only complain that Urban's stolen Bales Batman voice.

(in reply to danbo1138)
Post #: 1312
RE: Dredd - 2/7/2012 10:10:44 PM   
sauchieboy

quote:

I'd love to see a Nemesis the Warlock and ABC Warriors film/s. I love those characters. I think ABC Warriors would make a great computer animated film.

This is as close as that idea got to happening:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJOphc0BD3w

(in reply to MuckyMuckMan)
Post #: 1313
RE: Dredd - 3/7/2012 10:41:25 PM   
sauchieboy

This is fun:

http://www.2000adonline.com/news/03-07-2012/what_would_you_do_to_see_dredd_in_3d/

(in reply to sauchieboy)
Post #: 1314
RE: Dredd (2012): Chaos and Creation - 4/7/2012 11:00:41 PM   
chris kilby

quote:

quote:

Arf! They'd only complain that Urban's stolen Bales Batman voice.

Theft? Five years, creep!

(in reply to sauchieboy)
Post #: 1315
RE: Dredd (2012): Chaos and Creation - 4/7/2012 11:41:36 PM   
Rgirvan44

So like District 9 this will be screening at Comic Con....

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

Post #: 1316
RE: Dredd (2012): Chaos and Creation - 6/7/2012 10:46:14 PM   
sauchieboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rgirvan44

Everything screens at Comicon. Beauty and the Beast is screening at Comicon.

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 1317
RE: Dredd (2012): Chaos and Creation - 7/7/2012 12:27:47 PM   
spark1

director of 'the raid' tweeted-

“Dredd looks great, not concerned about similarities. That film was in production around the same time we finished The Raid.”

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 1318
RE: Dredd (2012): Chaos and Creation - 7/7/2012 2:41:20 PM   
sauchieboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: spark1
director of 'the raid' tweeted- “Dredd looks great, not concerned about similarities. That film was in production around the same time we finished The Raid.”

Dredd was in post-production at the time cameras started turning on The Raid . The affable and talented Gareth Evans also went on to re- tweet this:

Gareth Evans ‏@ghuwevans
this :) “@Greygor: @ghuwevans To be fair Dredd started filming 4 or 5 months before The Raid. Not, as you say, that it matters”

and

Gareth Evans ‏@ghuwevans
Regardless, Urban looks kickass and I love the scale of it and the beauty of that muzzle flash burst. Can’t wait to see it!

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 1319
RE: Dredd (2012): Chaos and Creation - 7/7/2012 2:55:54 PM   
Rgirvan44

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rgirvan44

Everything screens at Comicon. Beauty and the Beast is screening at Comicon.

Why do you keep highlighting words?

And not everything screens at Comic Con - but there is usually a friendly geek property that gets in there - District 9 and Scott Pilgrim both got their first public screenings there. So we will be getting reviews in a couple of weeks.

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to sauchieboy)
Post #: 1320
Page:   <<   < prev  42 43 [44] 45 46   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: Dredd Page: <<   < prev  42 43 [44] 45 46   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI