Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Underworld ...WORKING TITLE

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Underworld ...WORKING TITLE Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Underworld ...WORKING TITLE - 10/1/2012 6:18:29 PM   
danbo1138

And it had better have Storm Troopers and the odd rouge Jedi or forget it,can't be bothered with Aura Sing adventures and Jabba dealings.
And I'm bloody sure Lucas said each prequel cost 200 mill each at the time,always thought for a blockbuster they looked a bit cheap at times.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 31
- 10/1/2012 6:22:38 PM   
shitneck

This just proves without a doubt that he made two excellent movies (Star wars & Empire) and four very average ones, and has done nothing worthy of note otherwise. and as for the exscuse that George has no money to make this happen? what a load! I think the guy knows that he can keep regurgitating the films already made (we are now getting a 3D re-re-re-re-re-release) in the knowledge that he won't have to produce something more original. Give it to James Cameron, Senor Spielbergo or even Kevin Smith as i'm sure they would love to make something new and exciting in the SW universe.

Post #: 32
Listen to your friends George - 10/1/2012 6:33:05 PM   
leroythemasochist

Saw Mr Spielberg on BBC Breakfast this week and he was talking about how people now see something beautiful like a sunset on screen and immediately think its CGI. This is was the over reliance on computer effects has done to movies. People used to go to the movies and suspend disbelief and get carried along by the characters and story, now it's all about how it looks. This tv show will be as awful as the prequels because of all the computer crap Lucas is obsessed with.
I think he is a forward thinking guy and I will always be grateful to him for giving the world eps 4, 5, 6 and of course Indy but he seems lost in a world of unnecessary pixels.
I wish someone'd make a sci fi movie with practical effects again!

Post #: 33
GEORGE LUCAS MUST DIE! - 10/1/2012 6:42:46 PM   
Gram Woods

I should be excited about this as I loved the original trilogy, but instead I feel nothing but contempt. George Lucas has no idea, not content with ruining star wars forever with the abominations that are the prequels, he had to take a huge shit on the originals by adding too much CGI and changing some of the great scenes(Gredo shooting first?). I cannot watch any of them any more, it is just too painful. CGI is good but it should be used to add extra detail to models, costumes, animatronics and scenery, the originals looked great because of the LACK of CGI why do they not see this? No one really liked the Ewoks at the time but Jarjar binks makes them look like fucking SHAFT! So will this be any good? Who cares, I will never forgive you George. DIE LUCAS DIE!!!

Post #: 34
GEORGE LUCAS MUST DIE! - 10/1/2012 6:43:19 PM   
Gram Woods

I should be excited about this as I loved the original trilogy, but instead I feel nothing but contempt. George Lucas has no idea, not content with ruining star wars forever with the abominations that are the prequels, he had to take a huge shit on the originals by adding too much CGI and changing some of the great scenes(Gredo shooting first?). I cannot watch any of them any more, it is just too painful. CGI is good but it should be used to add extra detail to models, costumes, animatronics and scenery, the originals looked great because of the LACK of CGI why do they not see this? No one really liked the Ewoks at the time but Jarjar binks makes them look like fucking SHAFT! So will this be any good? Who cares, I will never forgive you George. DIE LUCAS DIE!!!

Post #: 35
RE: - 10/1/2012 6:47:39 PM   
Gram Woods

He didn't make Empire it was directed by Irvine Kirschner(not sure how to spell that lol) that is why it's the best one, he can write a good story but has no idea how to direct.

(in reply to shitneck)
Post #: 36
so it's just the budget holding them up? - 10/1/2012 6:53:37 PM   
Suverlo

... its not as tho ol Lucas Arts doesn't have enough pennies

Post #: 37
CGI vs Practical - 10/1/2012 7:02:41 PM   
bnicholson50

I'm so glad they're using the budget to create a bunch of digitised characters! I mean, that's what made the prequels so much better than the origin..... OH WAIT

Post #: 38
3 more decades? - 10/1/2012 10:01:43 PM   
marcus_fuller

George Lucas is in his seventies, meaning that we only realistically have a maximum of thirty years remaining* of the man who brought us (and then bastardised) Star Wars, before 20th Century Fox inevitably reboots the entire franchise.

Yay... with lashings of sarcasm.

*although I wouldn't put it past him to spend his fortune on having his body cryogenically frozen so as to unleash disappointment on a whole new future generation.

Post #: 39
3 more decades? - 10/1/2012 10:02:03 PM   
marcus_fuller

George Lucas is in his seventies, meaning that we only realistically have a maximum of thirty years remaining* of the man who brought us (and then bastardised) Star Wars, before 20th Century Fox inevitably reboots the entire franchise.

*although I wouldn't put it past him to spend his fortune on having his body cryogenically frozen so as to unleash disappointment on a whole new future generation.

Post #: 40
3 more decades? - 10/1/2012 10:02:21 PM   
marcus_fuller

George Lucas is in his seventies, meaning that we only realistically have a maximum of thirty years remaining* of the man who brought us (and then destroyed) Star Wars, before 20th Century Fox inevitably reboots the entire franchise.

Post #: 41
The moaners are out lol! - 10/1/2012 10:25:10 PM   
dannyfletch

I thought news of this would bring out the cynical CGI haters lol! Well I'll be watching it just to spite them! And while we're on the subject I actually thought Revenge of the Sith had very good CGI and was a very good addition to the francise!

Post #: 42
forget digital - 11/1/2012 10:17:31 AM   
alonsomosley

how about,going easy on the digital characters.i find that too many digital characters and effects can spoil it.

Post #: 43
My solution - 11/1/2012 1:33:37 PM   
Uncle JJ

Been following this story for awhile. Obviously if Lucas only produces, it might have a shot at being something special. Not buying the crap about it being too expensive. I know there are hundreds of thousands of us out there who are waiting for the unmolested original trilogy to be released on Blue-ray, and would be more than happy to plop down the cash for it. Use those proceeds to kick start the series!
As for the too much cgi comments? It's all about how it's used by the filmmaker (i.e. Cameron, Jackson, Del Toro). Don't hear too many cgi complaints about their films!

Post #: 44
My solution - 11/1/2012 1:33:50 PM   
Uncle JJ

Been following this story for awhile. Obviously if Lucas only produces, it might have a shot at being something special. Not buying the crap about it being too expensive. I know there are hundreds of thousands of us out there who are waiting for the unmolested original trilogy to be released on Blue-ray, and would be more than happy to plop down the cash for it. Use those proceeds to kick start the series!
As for the too much cgi comments? It's all about how it's used by the filmmaker (i.e. Cameron, Jackson, Del Toro). Don't hear too many cgi complaints about their films!

Post #: 45
My solution - 11/1/2012 1:34:06 PM   
Uncle JJ

Post #: 46
My solution - 11/1/2012 1:34:34 PM   
Uncle JJ

Post #: 47
- 11/1/2012 3:21:13 PM   
jamieross00

Get Joss Whedon on board - firefly the force out of it! He filmed the first few episodes on a ridiulous budget - Did you know (and you probably did because you're reading the Emipre Online comments section) that the soldier uniforms in the train job episode were re-used from the Starship Troops movie? I think Joss would have great fun with Star Wars!

Post #: 48
- 11/1/2012 3:21:27 PM   
jamieross00

Get Joss Whedon on board - firefly the force out of it! He filmed the first few episodes on a ridiulous budget - Did you know (and you probably did because you're reading the Emipre Online comments section) that the soldier uniforms in the train job episode were re-used from the Starship Troops movie? I think Joss would have great fun with Star Wars!

Post #: 49
- 11/1/2012 3:21:29 PM   
jamieross00

Post #: 50
- 11/1/2012 3:22:22 PM   
jamieross00

Post #: 51
RE: Prepare For Star Wars: Underworld - 11/1/2012 4:25:22 PM   
dreddhead123

Sorry, problem posting. Please ignore this.

< Message edited by dreddhead123 -- 11/1/2012 4:26:43 PM >

Post #: 52
RE: Prepare For Star Wars: Underworld - 11/1/2012 4:25:30 PM   
dreddhead123

Deleted post.

< Message edited by dreddhead123 -- 11/1/2012 4:27:55 PM >

Post #: 53
RE: Prepare For Star Wars: Underworld - 11/1/2012 4:25:40 PM   
dreddhead123

Deleted post.

< Message edited by dreddhead123 -- 11/1/2012 4:27:37 PM >

Post #: 54
RE: - 11/1/2012 4:25:56 PM   
dreddhead123

McCallum conveniently forgets about the potential revenue from the worldwide box office gross when the original films are re-released in 3D. Assuming all six films make decent bucks, that would fund the new tv show. McCallum knows this so he's being a tad disingenuous when he says about waiting for the technology and cost to make the show viable. In theory, if each 3D film made 100 million dollars worldwide profit - that's over a billion dollars for Lucas Film to invest in a new live action tv show. I suspect this is the REAL reason why Lucas decided to re-release the films in 3D:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gC6w15OwK08

Star Wars Ep 1 3D - Feb 10th 2012.

(in reply to jamieross00)
Post #: 55
RE: RE: - 11/1/2012 6:24:00 PM   
Osric

quote:

ORIGINAL: dreddhead123

In theory, if each 3D film made 100 million dollars worldwide profit - that's over a billion dollars for Lucas Film.

Errr, is it?

(in reply to dreddhead123)
Post #: 56
RE: Underworld ...WORKING TITLE - 12/1/2012 1:02:47 PM   
dreddhead123

Sorry, I meant to type over half a billion.

Clearly, six films grossing 100 million profit is 600 million dollars (500 million is half a billion). I've no idea if the 3D releases will make much profit - from what I understand, the cinema chains take around 50 pecent of the box office gross - but I'm assuming Lucas is hoping they make enough money to help make a new tv show financially viable.

(in reply to danbo1138)
Post #: 57
RE: Underworld ...WORKING TITLE - 12/1/2012 5:37:51 PM   
Sotto Voce

Maybe if they don't get the money for all the cgi, they`ll be forced to tone it down, and it'll turn out half decent. Which is pretty much what happened with the originals, I suspect.

All things digested have a similar hue.

(in reply to dreddhead123)
Post #: 58
Learn to do effects on a budget perhaps? - 13/1/2012 7:45:29 PM   
oll

If only they would swallow thier pride and do those effects on a proper budget, Doctor Who manages it and they have mocap cgi monsters (the Werewolf in tooth and claw for example) mixed in with convincingly realistic monsters like the Dalrks or Cybermen that are basically men inside suits or large things with wheels. Most TV scifi shows manage decent effects these days and if they look overseas for their inspiration they can easilly find hundreds of convincing looking aliens that aren't obviously people with putty stuck on their heads like you get in most US sci-fi series.

Post #: 59
Learn to do effects on a budget perhaps? - 13/1/2012 7:45:44 PM   
oll

If only they would swallow thier pride and do those effects on a proper budget, Doctor Who manages it and they have mocap cgi monsters (the Werewolf in tooth and claw for example) mixed in with convincingly realistic monsters like the Dalrks or Cybermen that are basically men inside suits or large things with wheels. Most TV scifi shows manage decent effects these days and if they look overseas for their inspiration they can easilly find hundreds of convincing looking aliens that aren't obviously people with putty stuck on their heads like you get in most US sci-fi series.

Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Underworld ...WORKING TITLE Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI