Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Prepare For Star Wars: Underworld

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Prepare For Star Wars: Underworld Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Prepare For Star Wars: Underworld - 10/1/2012 9:01:31 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
- 10/1/2012 9:01:31 AM   
fraser1978

The one thing in the George Lucas Cashcow I cannot wait for!

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
Maybe! - 10/1/2012 9:22:32 AM   
dannyfletch

This actually sounds like it could be quite good. I enjoyed all of the Star Wars movies ( including the Phantom Menace ) and the idea of this sounds pretty cool. Bring it on!

Post #: 3
Ah....! - 10/1/2012 9:23:01 AM   
Snake-Eyes

OK... Now THIS could be worthwhile. If done properly, it could absolutely ROCK the s**t! No Jedi nonsense. Just characters like Smugglers, Bounty Hunters and Jabba-esque crime lords please!

Post #: 4
Ah....! - 10/1/2012 9:23:09 AM   
Snake-Eyes

OK... Now THIS could be worthwhile. If done properly, it could absolutely ROCK the s**t! No Jedi nonsense. Just characters like Smugglers, Bounty Hunters and Jabba-esque crime lords please!

Post #: 5
Maybe! - 10/1/2012 9:26:55 AM   
dannyfletch

This actually sounds like it could be good. I enjoyed all of the Star Wars movies ( including Phantom Menace ) and the idea of this does sound pretty cool. Bring it on!

Post #: 6
Budget?? - 10/1/2012 9:34:52 AM   
Blyman

How can budget be an issue, Lucas must have more money then God. The upcoming 3D re-releases alone will probably bring in another billion! I'll watch it if Lucas is kept out of the process and they bring in decent TV directors - Tim Van Patten please....

Post #: 7
RE: Budget?? - 10/1/2012 9:38:53 AM   
Timon

Maybe if they actually built sets instead of creating CGI backgrounds, it would bring down the cost.

Just a suggestion.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to Blyman)
Post #: 8
Maybe! - 10/1/2012 10:34:07 AM   
dannyfletch

This actually sounds like it good be pretty good. I liked all of the Star Wars movies ( including Phantom Menace ) and the idea of this sounds like it could be pretty cool. Bring it on!

Post #: 9
Meh. - 10/1/2012 10:39:21 AM   
thefacehead

Digital digital fidgita, 'oh there are so many digital characters to do blahblahblah'. Shut up Rick!
Has anyone seen Rome? Amazing piece of tele, (yes I know it's not Sci Fi).
No bloody imagination these people, and their not in touch with the audience!!!!

Post #: 10
RE: Maybe! - 10/1/2012 10:40:50 AM   
Spaldron

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

What's Ewok for "scraping the bottom of the barrel"?

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts
And I looked and behold, a pale horse
And his name that sat on him was Death
And Hell followed with him.

(in reply to dannyfletch)
Post #: 11
Star Wars: Unconvinced - 10/1/2012 10:45:49 AM   
Macavity

So...another slew of special effects then. I'm not convinced that the scripts are all that great if the show requires that much money being thrown at it.
George & Co. might benefit from working under some tighter restrictions. I can't see it costing too much equalling the original's standards.

Post #: 12
Try something different - 10/1/2012 10:47:48 AM   
marcusmarritt

Agree with Timon. Sounds like a obvious equation to me - the prequels were terrible, and large part because everything looked so stupid and CGI. SO DONT MAKE EVERYTHING LOOK SO COLOURFUL IT HURTS MY EYES! Why Star Wars (proper orignial trilogy) looked so good had so much to do with the brilliant visual effects modelling. Sounds like they are making excuses and dont have the imaginationa and talent to work outside of only CGI. If its supposed to be dark, Deadwood like etc then surely going non-CGI would fit!

Post #: 13
Try something different - 10/1/2012 10:48:14 AM   
marcusmarritt

Agree with Timon. Sounds like a obvious equation to me - the prequels were terrible, and large part because everything looked so stupid and CGI. SO DONT MAKE EVERYTHING LOOK SO COLOURFUL IT HURTS MY EYES! Why Star Wars (proper orignial trilogy) looked so good had so much to do with the brilliant visual effects modelling. Sounds like they are making excuses and dont have the imaginationa and talent to work outside of only CGI. If its supposed to be dark, Deadwood like etc then surely going non-CGI would fit!

Post #: 14
Try something different - 10/1/2012 10:52:13 AM   
marcusmarritt

Post #: 15
RE: Maybe! - 10/1/2012 10:54:19 AM   
jobloffski

If they have fifty scripts, and therefore (probably) totally worked out arcs, storylines and characters, why on earth worry about being able to afford to make the whole fifty at the start of the enterprise?

Plan for making say ten eps a year, wholly fund the first series, and let TV rights, tie ins such as games and ancillary books, DVD/Blu-ray sales eventually bring the thing into profit in a big way, which it will, if it is even remotely good and if it is even as remotely as hard hitting as the clone wars series (prmarily aimed at children) is allowed to be? That point might be chucklesome to people who dont watch the show of course. But there are plenty of 'wow, they went there!' moments in that show and the peril is often more than 'mild'

The business model hasn't broken down no matter how shite people keep complaining the product is. Why should (apparently) harder hitting and probably more risk taking material that people might have a 'now that's what I'm talking about' reaction to bring the thing down?

< Message edited by jobloffski -- 10/1/2012 10:57:08 AM >

Yes, dreamers dream and doers do. But if dreamers DON'T dream, doers don't have anything TO do. Everything that is only here because people exist, only exists because someone thought of it., or in other words, dreamed it.

(in reply to dannyfletch)
Post #: 16
But... - 10/1/2012 11:21:52 AM   
bieseemil

Sure...I'm excited and the premise and title seem cool and intriguing, but budgetary problems being their biggest setback I can't fathom why they couldn't use more practical effects and skip some of the "digital characters". It worked great for the original trilogy and the digital characters in the prequels were honestly terrible. Just what I think, get som GODDAMN practical effects, it'll work and for cheap too.

Post #: 17
But... - 10/1/2012 11:22:02 AM   
bieseemil

Sure...I'm excited and the premise and title seem cool and intriguing, but budgetary problems being their biggest setback I can't fathom why they couldn't use more practical effects and skip some of the "digital characters". It worked great for the original trilogy and the digital characters in the prequels were honestly terrible. Just what I think, get som GODDAMN practical effects, it'll work and for cheap too.

Post #: 18
RE: Maybe! - 10/1/2012 11:23:05 AM   
Spaldron

quote:

ORIGINAL: jobloffski

If they have fifty scripts, and therefore (probably) totally worked out arcs, storylines and characters, why on earth worry about being able to afford to make the whole fifty at the start of the enterprise?

The fact that they're saying $5m an episode isn't enough is frankly a joke. They made Battlestar Galactica for a hell of a lot less than that and that show had some epic setpieces. In all honesty I think Lucas just wants to have his cake and eat it, the fact is you can't have each single episode of a tv series bigger that each of the prequels, it ain't gonna happen.

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts
And I looked and behold, a pale horse
And his name that sat on him was Death
And Hell followed with him.

(in reply to jobloffski)
Post #: 19
RE: Maybe! - 10/1/2012 12:16:31 PM   
The Todge

quote:

ORIGINAL: Spaldron

Yipcha!

That's Ewok for everything.

THIS..............is God.

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 20
RE: Maybe! - 10/1/2012 12:17:16 PM   
The Todge

quote:

ORIGINAL: Spaldron

Yipcha!

That's Ewok for everything.

THIS..............is God.

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 21
- 10/1/2012 12:26:39 PM   
Bumfluff

I'd love to add my comments but I need to go clean up the mess I've made in my pants

Post #: 22
- 10/1/2012 12:36:15 PM   
clarkkent

Gee if only there was a way to make aliens and creatures using something other than digital effects. Surely in the nigh on century that cinema has been going, someone must have come up with something. (and if you can't feel my sarcasm seeping through the keyboard and into the internet you should get tested for something)

Seriously though, the ten year old in me should be OVER THE FUCKING FOREST MOON!! But instead I feel nothing, I'm numb, unresponsive, it's like I'm a beaten spouse and Star Wars is my abusive over half. I know they mean well, I know they love me really, but it's impossible to believe their apologies any more.

Post #: 23
- 10/1/2012 2:13:04 PM   
sweetladybrick

Dark and adult? Fuck off.

Post #: 24
RE: - 10/1/2012 2:24:30 PM   
Jodan_King

So its gunna be a bit like firefly then? Pretty sure they didnt have a $5m budget per episode....

"I'm storming your castle on my steed m'lady!"

(in reply to sweetladybrick)
Post #: 25
- 10/1/2012 3:29:02 PM   
nodierock

Not read anyone elses comments (I'm tired) but i'm sure they would say the same thing... too much CGI ruined the prequels, Game Of Thrones, Battlestar Galactica and Firefly all prooved you do not need massive amounts of CGI to make a bloody good sci-fi show.... now get on with it or jog on!

Post #: 26
- 10/1/2012 3:47:12 PM   
Whistler

There really is no wonder George Lucas hasn't made a film since 2005 - and even that was Star Wars. Are there any mediums left that Star Wars hasn't utilized? A radio drama perhaps?

Post #: 27
. - 10/1/2012 3:47:20 PM   
Whistler

Sorry, repost.

< Message edited by Whistler -- 10/1/2012 3:48:58 PM >

Post #: 28
- 10/1/2012 3:47:43 PM   
Whistler

There really is no wonder George Lucas hasn't made a film since 2005 - and even that was Star Wars. Are there any mediums left that Star Wars hasn't utilized? A radio drama perhaps?

Post #: 29
Special Effects, what special effects???? - 10/1/2012 5:53:03 PM   
Morehumanthanhuman

Now, I havn`t watched the making of Star Wars documentries for a while so I may be slightly off the mark. Whilst making RoTJ Lucas states that he will never do a special effect just for the sake of it, and only if it furthers the story. Well the on that score....Fail, as the prequels testify to. And when making Menace wanted to know how much thay could sell the digital effects to other film makers, so not enough obviously.
Personaly I don`t have a problem with his writing abilities just his directing abilities. Lets face it after the original it all went pete tonge......

Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Prepare For Star Wars: Underworld Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI