Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Monument Men: Clooney Takes On The Third Reich

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> Monument Men: Clooney Takes On The Third Reich Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Monument Men: Clooney Takes On The Third Reich - 9/1/2012 1:36:50 PM   
Timon

Oh, I so expect the tabloids to dub this "Ocean's Third Reich Heist" when it comes out.

George Clooney is adapting The Monuments Men: Allied Heroes, Nazi Thieves, and the Greatest Treasure Hunt in History by Robert M. Edsel.

It focuses on the art experts who rescued masterpieces stolen by Adolf Hitler in World War II. The Hollywood actor will co-write, direct and star in The Monuments Men, about a group of art historians and curators who were picked by the U.S. government to retrieve pieces looted from European museums by Nazi thieves.

Clooney has yet to decide which role will be his - but he insists it will be a "fun" project because he's got a big budget to spend on the shoot.

He says, "Hitler was an art fanatic, and he stashed masterpieces everywhere. He hid 27 Rembrandts in a coffin... I'm excited about it. It's a fun movie because it could be big entertainment. It's a big budget, you can't do it small - it's landing in Normandy.

"I'm not opposed to doing a commercial film, I'm just opposed to doing a commercial film that doesn't feel organic to me. So if we're going to do a commercial film we thought, 'Let's do something that seems fun and actually have something to say.'"

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh
Post #: 1
RE: Monument Men: Clooney Takes On The Third Reich - 9/1/2012 2:08:05 PM   
Marwood

Sounds good to me - I'm a sucker for ensembles and it sounds like an interesting story whether the tone is deadly serious or a bit lighter.

Bilbo: What about the Ewoks? They were rubbish.

Tim: Yeah but Jar Jar Binks makes the Ewoks look like f***ing Shaft!

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 2
RE: Monument Men: Clooney Takes On The Third Reich - 29/10/2012 4:23:42 PM   
Timon

Clooney's got one hell on a cast it's been announced.

Clooney will star in along with Daniel Craig, Bill Murray, Cate Blanchett, Jean Dujardin--who bested Clooney at the Oscars for The Artist--John Goodman, Hugh Bonneville and Bob Balaban, according to Deadline.

Adapted by Clooney and his long-time partner Grant Heslov from Robert M. Edsel's book "The Monuments Men: Allied Heroes, Nazi Thieves, and the Greatest Treasure Hunt in History," the drama takes place during the final days of Nazi Germany as Adolf Hitler and the Nazis try to cover their tracks by destroying all the artwork they had stolen during their rise to power, as a group of art historians and museum curators try to rescue those works of art.

Clooney will start shooting The Monuments Men on March 1 in Europe, co-producing with Heslov for Smokehouse with much of the same crew from Ben Affleck's Argo, which they produced, including composer Alexadre Desplat.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=96461

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to Marwood)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> Monument Men: Clooney Takes On The Third Reich Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI