Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: The Conspiracy Thread.

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> RE: The Conspiracy Thread. Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The Conspiracy Thread. - 21/6/2012 4:32:01 PM   
Spaldron

quote:

ORIGINAL: donethinking

check out his review of The Shining where he analyses the fuck out of everything, and tells you whats what. ( Thanks Rob I'll make my own mind up whether the light bulbs on the wall behind Shelly symbolise whether she has become 'enlightened' or not !)

Jesus Christ this guy is hardcore.

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts
And I looked and behold, a pale horse
And his name that sat on him was Death
And Hell followed with him.

(in reply to donethinking)
Post #: 61
RE: The Conspiracy Thread. - 22/6/2012 9:58:51 AM   
sharkboy

Just when you think that you're out, they pull you back in...

I really should stay away from these threads! 

quote:

ORIGINAL: Titanm21

There's evidence to suggest Appolo 11 is fake but more evidence to say humanity went to the moon. But like you say we'll all know for certain when the Chinese get there. 

No, there really isn't.  There is easily disproved speculation from people who choose to ignore science as it blows holes in their theories.  We already know for certain from evidence on the lunar surface that we've been there. 

First of all Titan, this isn't aimed at you, it's more a general rant at the conspiracy theorists  Like I've said before, I can simply laugh off most conspiracy theories.  But the whole "fake moon landing" one just gets my goat.  I'm a self-confessed space nut who grew up with the Apollo programme.  I can remember my mum having to drag me away from a TV set in a shop window that was showing live footage from the Apollo 17 mission.  I remember sitting glued to the tele as the USSR and US missions linked up in 1975 and the mission leaders floated forward to shake hands, symbolically ending the space race.  So, when someone comes along and says "see all those amazing achievements that humanity has made in space exploration?  All filmed in a Hollywood studio"  it tends to wind me up.  Not just because it belittles our achievements in this area, but also because it disrespects the many brave people who made the ultimate sacrifice to improve our understanding of the cosmos - not just the 30 or so astronauts/cosmonauts, but also the hundreds of scientists/engineers who were killed by accidents at launch etc.  What makes it even worse is that the people propogating this rubbish are also those more likely to believe that little green men helped build the pyramids

We achieved something incredible.  Get over it.  Or better still, embrace it and revel in the knowledge that humanity sometimes isn't as fucked up as we think.

WWLD?

Every time we think we have measured our capacity to meet a challenge, we look up and we're reminded that that capacity may well be limitless

I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

(in reply to Titanm21)
Post #: 62
RE: The Conspiracy Thread. - 22/6/2012 4:08:21 PM   
Woger

I love a good conspiracy theory as much as the next person but it seems the conspiracy theory community is driven by narcissism, the whole idea that we alone are the only people who are privy to this information/we alone are the only people who get it.

Eddie: "Weve been burgaled"
Richie: You may have been, but I have never in my life. As a christian I am so tightly clenched, oh you mean burgaled
- - -
There were originally five horsemen of the apocalypse. Jack Bauer said he would travel by foot

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 63
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> RE: The Conspiracy Thread. Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI