Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Marvel Graphic Novel Collection

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Bookworms >> The Comic Shack >> RE: Marvel Graphic Novel Collection Page: <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Marvel Graphic Novel Collection - 15/3/2012 7:07:02 AM   
Chojin

quote:

ORIGINAL: DK is NEO

I'd phone them and ask for issue 6 and another mug.
I sent them an e-mail a couple of weeks ago but didn't get a response.When i rang them today it was pretty quick.Also it would be up to them,not you,if they want the extra issue 7 back,they can send you a pre stamped box type thing.
The service really is hit and miss,piss poor management from the get go when they realised they were over subscribed.Over subscribed as a company is what you want,more money,money,money.If i owned the company heads would roll.
Just out of interest who's in issue 7.Their website only goes up to Thor!.

EDIT** Here's the number i used 08714724240 it's a UK number.

cheers dude, i'll use that number as well when I get into work and let them foot the phonebill. I don't think i'd mind if they sent me a pre-stamped box but from working at a distribution fulfillment company I know just how shocking some companies can be with their returns policies and just returns in general. So from previous experience I'm not expecting much from them when I call.

But i'll remain polite and see what they offer.

Issue 7 is Captain America Winter Soldier collecting Captain America Volume 5 #8-9 and 11-14

http://chojin.devour.org - Mixes, Contact, Etc
XBL/PSN - Chojin22000

(in reply to DK is NEO)
Post #: 211
RE: Marvel Graphic Novel Collection - 15/3/2012 9:10:37 AM   
davelipscombe

Some updatery courtesy of PoochJD at AV Forums...

The first 10,000 copies of Issues 4 and 5 have now been distributed to the first 10,000 or so subscribers who were missing them. However, the next 10,000 of you who are still awaiting either or both of these issues, will now get them in another 3-4 weeks time. I know that's a long delay, but it's due to the sheer volume of subscribers, and the fact that printing these issues takes such a long time, to make sure there are no printing or binding defects. (Something that is clearly of major importance to both Hachette and subscribers collecting the series, as well.)

According to my contact at Hachette, a further 10,000 Issue 4 copies will be back from the printers, around the 23rd March, and will be allocated to the relevant subscribers, and sent out as soon as possible afterwards.

Ten thousand more Issue 5 copies won't be back from the printers until the end of this month, and hence won't be allocated to the relevant subscribers and distributed to you, until the first week in April, at the earliest.

If your five-digit subscriber number starts with "20", (e.g. you are Subscriber 20001 upwards), then you're are likely to be in for an even longer delay, as you will have to wait for further batch of Issues 1 through 5 to be printed, which means, you may be waiting another 3-6 weeks to get all of the ones you are missing!

Subscribers still awaiting any of the Free Gifts, just need to hang on a bit longer, as Hachette are still awaiting more of each items (mugs, Hulk DVD's, bags, and bookends), and these will be sent out as soon as humanly possible, to everyone who needs them. As before, you may not get the Free Gifts in the order that they were originally planned, or batched together with your regular issues, so be aware they may come under seperate cover.

Hachette sincerely apologise to everyone for the problems, and are fully aware that since the launch of this publication, there have been a lot of problems. All of this, is purely due to the overwhelming demand from people wanting to subscribe. (Subscriber Numbers are now hitting the 28,000 mark, per issue! Hachette had originally only accounted for about 10,000! Hence, the severe delays and problems, as they've been over-subscribed nearly three-fold!)

Issues Six and Seven will be out soon, and Hachette are hoping that by late-April, more or less everyone will be upto the right point in their subscriptions, hopefully having received all back issues, and free gifts, applicable to them. However, they do ask people to bear with them, and if need be, to contact them by e-mail in the first instance, or by phone if you need more serious, urgent or detailed help.

E-mails are taking about 72 hours to reply too, so please be patient.

Subscribers who need more serious, urgent, or detailed help, and who aren't happy with the main 0871 number can call Hachette HQ in London on 0207-014-5950, and ask for someone in charge to call them back. This can take up to 48 hours, though, but they will call you back eventually, as all calls are dealt with in the order they're received, and are being dealt with in-person, by the head of the Customer Services centre, alongside her actual main job overseeing numerous other Customer Service matters.

If I hear any more, I will post accordingly. For now, it's basically a case of sitting tight, for the time being, and bearing with Hachette until they can get your missing issues and gifts sent out to you as soon as they possibly can. I hope this info helps most of you out.

(in reply to Chojin)
Post #: 212
RE: Marvel Graphic Novel Collection - 15/3/2012 11:50:51 AM   
Vadersville

Anyone know what the email address is to cancel the subscription? I've just had a guts full of this now. Time to say goodbye.

< Message edited by Vadersville -- 15/3/2012 11:51:07 AM >

Confusion is a way of life, not a state of mind

(in reply to davelipscombe)
Post #: 213
RE: Marvel Graphic Novel Collection - 15/3/2012 12:54:23 PM   
DK is NEO

Lol now i'm pretty darn sure that mine and spiderfans issues weren't even sent in the first place,yet we still got charged!! I'm glad i changed my payment to paying myself within 14 days,at least that way i won't be paying for items not received.Cheeky buggers!! Bad management man,it ain't rocket science,they should give me a job i would have had it sorted within a couple of weeks!!! But then again my 3 year old could've got it all sorted aswell!

Breaking the 4th wall.

(in reply to Vadersville)
Post #: 214
RE: Marvel Graphic Novel Collection - 15/3/2012 3:15:30 PM   
furrybastard

Looks like you'd be doing them a favour cancelling your subscription. You'd think they would have at least looked at how much a comic like 2000AD sells or any of those Marvel reprint mags in the UK and work from there. They clearly weren't set up for dealing with something that was going to be so popular.

(in reply to DK is NEO)
Post #: 215
RE: Marvel Graphic Novel Collection - 15/3/2012 4:15:59 PM   
SpiderFan86

Been on hold forever with that main number, its rediculous

(in reply to furrybastard)
Post #: 216
RE: Marvel Graphic Novel Collection - 15/3/2012 5:40:31 PM   
Chojin

I got through straight away when I called at 8:20 this Morning. The lovely chap assured me that:

A copy of 6 would be sent out
A pre-paid package would be sent for me to return the additional copy of 7 I received.
Another mug will also be despatched, which will hopefully not arrive smashed to pieces.

He told me they didn't need to wait to receive 7 before they send me 6.

When I asked for all of this in writing he informed me he would be unable to do so, but that my account would be updated when I check it to show that Issue 6 was re-despatched and that another mug was despatched - guess what, no fucking update.

They're getting another call tomorrow - all good though, it's on my works dime and I love a good fight.

XBL/PSN - Chojin22000

(in reply to SpiderFan86)
Post #: 217
RE: Marvel Graphic Novel Collection - 15/3/2012 5:42:56 PM   
SpiderFan86

8:20? I thought it was 9-5... I'll remember this for the future though. I got through in the end and I was told I they were sending a replacement 2&3 as well as the DVD since I never got them

(in reply to Chojin)
Post #: 218
RE: Marvel Graphic Novel Collection - 15/3/2012 5:45:23 PM   
Chojin

quote:

ORIGINAL: SpiderFan86

8:20? I thought it was 9-5... I'll remember this for the future though. I got through in the end and I was told I they were sending a replacement 2&3 as well as the DVD since I never got them

Yeah, it must have been a newbie that was eager to please

I'll be ringing early again tomorrow if my account hasn't updated in the Morning.

XBL/PSN - Chojin22000

(in reply to SpiderFan86)
Post #: 219
RE: Marvel Graphic Novel Collection - 16/3/2012 4:49:55 PM   
Vadersville

Just an email cancelling my subscription. Its just been way too much hassel. I'll probably pick up the odd book I fancy if they're still in the shops but I've had a guts full of this subscriber nonsense.

(in reply to Chojin)
Post #: 220
RE: Marvel Graphic Novel Collection - 16/3/2012 5:38:44 PM   
Chojin

called again around 9AM and got straight through....

this time I stated the promised despatches weren't on my account as promised. I was told that:

*The items would 'probably' be despatched by the weekend'

to which I retorted - so you mean today? ......he didn't see the logic/funny.

They were performing stock taking today. Fuck off, less than 10 products takes a day to check? you fucking morons, we check tens of thousands of products in a day. Once again piss poor excuses. I'm also assuming the stock is palletised so counting per pallet would take minutes, unless they store them in a big pile in the corner of the warehouse mixed - this wouldn't surprise me.

I was given a two week estimate on my new issue being sent whilst the companies pockets are nice and lined with my cash.

I'll give it two weeks and assess

< Message edited by Chojin -- 16/3/2012 5:39:53 PM >

XBL/PSN - Chojin22000

Post #: 221
RE: Marvel Graphic Novel Collection - 18/3/2012 10:31:27 PM   
Zzebedee

I'm running well behind with reading these, currently on Dark Phoenix which I'm enjoying rereading after many years.
Received 5 and 6 (Thor and Venom) last weekend but haven't yet received book 4 (ultimates). Not too fussed really, I was a lateish subscriber and the stuff I have received is all in good condition so have no complaints about the delay, plus I'd rather wait til the second ultimates volume is out and read the whole lot together anyway.
And it's only comics innit, nowt to get upset about.

(in reply to Chojin)
Post #: 222
RE: Marvel Graphic Novel Collection - 19/3/2012 1:01:42 PM   
Vadersville

Hmm, I emailed them to cancel my subscription a few days ago and yet I still haven't received any sort of confirmation, of my cancelation or even of my email. Think I should phone them?

(in reply to Zzebedee)
Post #: 223
RE: Marvel Graphic Novel Collection - 31/3/2012 9:54:52 AM   
Chojin

31/03/2012 	 GRAPHIC NOVELS 06 	 0.00 
 11/03/2012 	 DIRECT DEBIT - THANK YOU 	 -19.98 
 01/03/2012 	 WHAM BAG 	 0.00 
 01/03/2012 	 GRAPHIC NOVELS 06 	 9.99 
 01/03/2012 	 GRAPHIC NOVELS 07 	 9.99 
 26/02/2012 	 DIRECT DEBIT - THANK YOU 	 -19.98 
 13/02/2012 	 ZAP BOOK ENDS 	 0.00 
 13/02/2012 	 GRAPHIC NOVELS 04 	 9.99 
 13/02/2012 	 GRAPHIC NOVELS 05 	 9.99 
 29/01/2012 	 DIRECT DEBIT - THANK YOU 	 -6.99 
 16/01/2012 	 POW MUG 	 0.00 
 16/01/2012 	 HULK DVD 	 0.00 
 16/01/2012 	 GRAPHIC NOVELS 02 	 6.99 
 16/01/2012 	 GRAPHIC NOVELS 03 	 0.00

Looks like my copy of Issue 6 has been sent out FOC to replace the duplicate Issue 7 I received. I also received a letter stating 'if you wish to return any unwanted items please return them this freepost address'

I might just wait and see whether they request the duplicate issue 7 and claim ignorance and that I didn't receive the letter if they start chasing me up about it, but going by their track record they won't and i'll end up with an additional issue 7 due to their incompetence.

Happy days. If a few deliveries pass and I don't hear anything i'll probably just post it to someone on here willing to pay the p+p

XBL/PSN - Chojin22000

(in reply to Chojin)
Post #: 224
RE: Marvel Graphic Novel Collection - 1/4/2012 6:38:39 AM   
SpiderFan86

My replacement 2 & 3 were also sent out today, as well as my Hulk DVD.... Apparently I'm due 6 and 7 too, they were all apparently sent today, so I might get 2, 3, 6 & 7 all at once!

(in reply to Chojin)
Post #: 225
RE: Marvel Graphic Novel Collection - 1/4/2012 9:35:58 AM   
Nexus Wookie

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zzebedee

I'm running well behind with reading these, currently on Dark Phoenix which I'm enjoying rereading after many years.
Received 5 and 6 (Thor and Venom) last weekend but haven't yet received book 4 (ultimates). Not too fussed really, I was a lateish subscriber and the stuff I have received is all in good condition so have no complaints about the delay, plus I'd rather wait til the second ultimates volume is out and read the whole lot together anyway.
And it's only comics innit, nowt to get upset about.

Its ONLY comics?!!
Well for me its MORE than comics! To me my comics are like holy scripture!!

My blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/

(in reply to Zzebedee)
Post #: 226
RE: Marvel Graphic Novel Collection - 2/4/2012 9:49:32 AM   
Harry Tuttle

Still waiting for 6 and 7.

Seriously considering fobbing them off after I do receive them and just buying the actual TPB's of the ones I want from then on. The extra content you get in the books barely stretch beyond a page filled with different costume designs, the waiting is annoying and having chunks cut out of the story sucks arse.

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood

(in reply to Nexus Wookie)
Post #: 227
RE: Marvel Graphic Novel Collection - 2/4/2012 3:00:46 PM   
russella0

I can understand people's frustration with it, the extra content is lacking but does at least give a little context , apart from Spidey I don't know a lot about the history of other characters so I find it useful.

Also, for the uninitiated it gives us what I assume are the true classic story arcs, also the quality of the books is way above the TPBs.

I've seen I've got issues 6 and 7 allocated now so I think they're getting their act together - I'm going to stick with it for now.

As a company though - they really need to sort out their customer service - it sucks.

(in reply to Harry Tuttle)
Post #: 228
RE: Marvel Graphic Novel Collection - 4/4/2012 4:12:47 PM   
Harry Tuttle

Well I got told by Customer Services (I had to phone them, they've decided I'm not worthy of being acknowledged by email) that the next batch is in transit and should be with me within a week including my mug and book ends. We'll see...

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

(in reply to russella0)
Post #: 229
RE: Marvel Graphic Novel Collection - 4/4/2012 4:20:45 PM   
Vadersville

quote:

ORIGINAL: russella0

I can understand people's frustration with it, the extra content is lacking but does at least give a little context , apart from Spidey I don't know a lot about the history of other characters so I find it useful.

Also, for the uninitiated it gives us what I assume are the true classic story arcs, also the quality of the books is way above the TPBs.

I've seen I've got issues 6 and 7 allocated now so I think they're getting their act together - I'm going to stick with it for now.

As a company though - they really need to sort out their customer service - it sucks.

Why do I get the impression you work for them?

(in reply to russella0)
Post #: 230
RE: Marvel Graphic Novel Collection - 4/4/2012 4:23:37 PM   
Harry Tuttle

quote:

ORIGINAL: Vadersville

quote:

Why do I get the impression you work for them?

I thought that as well

Acting...Naturaaal

Post #: 231
RE: Marvel Graphic Novel Collection - 4/4/2012 6:18:11 PM   
russella0

My only connection with Hachette is that I subscribe to the graphic novel collection.

I stand by what I said though, I think the quality of the product is very high but the customer service is terrible.

I'm not sure why that should indicate I work for them ?

Cheers, Andy

Post #: 232
RE: Marvel Graphic Novel Collection - 5/4/2012 5:51:34 PM   
davelipscombe

Another updated from PoochJD at AV Forums. FYI, I've linked to that thread to if people want to keep an eye on it.

http://www.avforums.com/forums/books...hardbacks.html

1) Some 12,000 copies of various issues were sent out last week. This was not enough to cover all of the backlog, but has helped eleviate (sp?) some of the problems. There are still lots of people awaiting back issues, and Hachette apologise for this. They are working on it!

2) Hachette have a small amount of stock of Issues 2 and 3 in, a few of Issue 4, and some of Issue 7. These are being dispatched to the relevant subscribers, on the appropriate first-come, first-served basis.

3) Hachette are out-of-stock on Issues 5 and 6, and are awaiting more copies. No dates have been given to them, but it's probably going to be another couple of weeks, at least, before they receive any.

4) Hachette have about 1000 copies left of Issue 8, and between 10,000-10,500 left of Issue 9. These are being sent out, again, on a first-come, first-served basis. Another 10,000 copies of each of these should arrive in the next week or two, and will be sent out to those who need them.

There are still delays in getting stock of the free gifts, and of most back issues. There is still going to be a delay in everyone catching-up with the required issues they need. Everyone who needs issue or free gifts, who are entitled to them, will get them eventually, though not necessarily in the original, intended order.

I can only ask that people continue to bear with Hachette, as new subscribers are still joining the ranks each day, and this continues to put an ever-increasing burden on Hachette to request more and more copies of each of the new issues, as well as more requests for the previous ones. The printers are doing the best that they can, and turning around issues as quickly as humanly possible, but it does all take time. It is NOT a quick process, and subscribers DO need to be aware of this.

For now, though, that's the current state of affairs. It's not the position that Hachette would like to be in, but that is how it is, I'm afraid.

(in reply to russella0)
Post #: 233
RE: Marvel Graphic Novel Collection - 5/4/2012 11:59:12 PM   
Nexus Wookie

quote:

My only connection with Hachette is that I subscribe to the graphic novel collection.

I stand by what I said though, I think the quality of the product is very high but the customer service is terrible.

I'm not sure why that should indicate I work for them ?

Cheers, Andy

The quality of the hardback is no doubt excellent, and the paper quality is better than the TPB, but unlike the TPB the MGNC books ARE missing things which you can find in the TPB, like artwork, extra stories at the end etc. Also that awful logo at the top and the fact the spine has no indication of what book it is (other than a small face!l. Somehow I think I prefer my TPB!

My blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/

(in reply to russella0)
Post #: 234
RE: Marvel Graphic Novel Collection - 13/4/2012 9:24:54 AM   
kata

After receiving nothing for ages the postie just brought Ultimates and Captain America: Winter Soldier (4 and 7?). Not too bothered about them being out of order, Intending to stick with it as long as possible anyway so I'll eventually get what I'm missing.

XBL: GeneralLee79
PSN: GeneralLee_UK
Steam: GeneralLee_uk

Lovely detective work.

"Don't buy wigs that come off at the wrong time"

(in reply to Nexus Wookie)
Post #: 235
RE: Marvel Graphic Novel Collection - 13/4/2012 1:33:03 PM   
Harry Tuttle

Issues 6 and 7 finally arrived for me today along with my bag. Just waiting for the book ends and mug now, as well as the next issues of course.

Acting...Naturaaal

(in reply to kata)
Post #: 236
RE: Marvel Graphic Novel Collection - 15/4/2012 10:05:10 PM   
Chojin

currently reading through my replacement copy of Thor which finally arrived (I still have my second copy of 7 so actually gained out of the warehouses picking error)

really enjoying it so far (four issues in). Iron Man getting battered was a joy to read. It's really bringing Thor into the modern age, it's slick, beautifully drawn and the action comes thick and fast. But as always Hachette have fucked it up in two ways so far (hey I still have two issues left, more errors could occur)

1) Civil War not being released as a prior issue. The impact of Thors DNA being used will be completely lost on any new readers. As this is a collection designed for newbies surely it would have made sense to release this first? Luckily i've read it before so I understood. It wasn't even included in the 'story so far' section. I'm now starting to think i'll miss important plot points in other future releases where I haven't been fortunate enough to read the related material which will be released further down the line!

2) Double page spread printed double sided. Seriously? How fucking slack does the editor have to be to fuck this up? After claims of high quality and printing delays and everything being meticulously checked we manage to have a double page spread ruined due to incorrect page placing. Sloppy, very sloppy.

3) Might be related to my batch....but the artwork on the cover is about 5mm out so when lined up with the other books it's slightly out. I thought this might be the case with a few of the books but now that I have 7 issues lined up it's a clear mistake in placing the image on the binding.

Brilliant as always

XBL/PSN - Chojin22000

(in reply to ChickMagnet)
Post #: 237
RE: Marvel Graphic Novel Collection - 16/4/2012 3:06:29 PM   
Vadersville

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chojin

currently reading through my replacement copy of Thor which finally arrived (I still have my second copy of 7 so actually gained out of the warehouses picking error)

really enjoying it so far (four issues in). Iron Man getting battered was a joy to read. It's really bringing Thor into the modern age, it's slick, beautifully drawn and the action comes thick and fast. But as always Hachette have fucked it up in two ways so far (hey I still have two issues left, more errors could occur)

1) Civil War not being released as a prior issue. The impact of Thors DNA being used will be completely lost on any new readers. As this is a collection designed for newbies surely it would have made sense to release this first? Luckily i've read it before so I understood. It wasn't even included in the 'story so far' section. I'm now starting to think i'll miss important plot points in other future releases where I haven't been fortunate enough to read the related material which will be released further down the line!

2) Double page spread printed double sided. Seriously? How fucking slack does the editor have to be to fuck this up? After claims of high quality and printing delays and everything being meticulously checked we manage to have a double page spread ruined due to incorrect page placing. Sloppy, very sloppy.

3) Might be related to my batch....but the artwork on the cover is about 5mm out so when lined up with the other books it's slightly out. I thought this might be the case with a few of the books but now that I have 7 issues lined up it's a clear mistake in placing the image on the binding.

Brilliant as always

I had all the same problems as you. Luckily I had already borrowed and read Civil War but the whole confrontation with Iron Man made no sense to my girlfriend when she read it. Like you said, its even more absurd when they have a "Story So Far..." section at the start of each book. My cover was also badly printed too.

(in reply to Chojin)
Post #: 238
RE: Marvel Graphic Novel Collection - 16/4/2012 3:18:01 PM   
Harry Tuttle

Yeah I agree that Civil War should have been released first. It makes no sense to hold it back to be honest, I imagine a few issues of the collection would make more sense if the reader had read Civil War or at least had a better awareness of the Superhero Registration Act storyline. Having read Civil War fairly recently it didn't affect me and I enjoyed Thor Reborn immensely. I quite like Iron Man but seeing Thor absolutely take him apart in seconds was pretty badass. I had no issues with my cover, it lines up ok.

I surprisingly quite enjoyed Winter Soldier as well. I was dreading it because of the comments on here but I found it a decent enough read despite having bits missing. And that's coming form someone who has no time at all for Captain America.

Acting...Naturaaal

Post #: 239
RE: Marvel Graphic Novel Collection - 21/4/2012 4:46:45 AM   
SpiderFan86

Hows everyone doing with the free gifts? I'm up to issue 7 and have only recieved the DVD so far

Post #: 240
Page:   <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Bookworms >> The Comic Shack >> RE: Marvel Graphic Novel Collection Page: <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI