Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Marvel Graphic Novel Collection

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Bookworms >> The Comic Shack >> RE: Marvel Graphic Novel Collection Page: <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Marvel Graphic Novel Collection - 27/2/2012 6:05:06 PM   
Harry Tuttle

quote:

ORIGINAL: juanvasquez

I was gonna cancel this after I got 2 and 3 as I was fed up with waiting etc. But they were brilliant, so impeccably presented, too. I think I'll give them one more chance.

Yeah same here.

They've got me hooked the tardy mofo's

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood

(in reply to juanvasquez)
Post #: 181
RE: Marvel Graphic Novel Collection - 28/2/2012 1:34:17 PM   
Dark Knight

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chojin

Really looking forward to Venom. I've surprisingly never read it before even though i'm a huge spidey fan, it's huge again like Dark Phoenix.

The ultimates i've read before but it's good enough to read again.

I really enjoyed The Ultimates, but isn't it so frustrating that they are releasing them out of order?

Anyways, I was looking forward to Venom, but by the pulishers own admission, they have had to trim MANY issues as the original saga ran for years. I just hope that it is not too disjointed and glaringly gappy.

"I'm too tense to speak!" - Borstal

(in reply to Chojin)
Post #: 182
RE: Marvel Graphic Novel Collection - 28/2/2012 6:05:30 PM   
Chojin

I do find it annoying that they're being released out of order and I won't see a nice picture for a long time but I can see exactly why they're doing it. It's a great ploy as people would be more inclined to quit after 10 or so issues and still have a nice display. Whereas if they're all over the shop they might get an issue or two more before quitting.

I do still really hope that a DC equivalent is released in 2013 if this series does well enough. Then it would be 40 per month.

http://chojin.devour.org - Mixes, Contact, Etc
XBL/PSN - Chojin22000

(in reply to Dark Knight)
Post #: 183
RE: Marvel Graphic Novel Collection - 28/2/2012 6:13:01 PM   
Shifty Bench

quote:

I do find it annoying that they're being released out of order and I won't see a nice picture for a long time but I can see exactly why they're doing it. It's a great ploy as people would be more inclined to quit after 10 or so issues and still have a nice display. Whereas if they're all over the shop they might get an issue or two more before quitting.

Also, it offers variety rather than 10 or whatever books in a row of Spiderman then 10 of X-men etc.....

Extended Edition Podcast- Episode 46:Threads Of Destiny (Star Wars Fan Film)

(in reply to Chojin)
Post #: 184
RE: Marvel Graphic Novel Collection - 28/2/2012 6:20:52 PM   
elab49

Don't they mean the spine picture is all over the place rather than a single character run? That'd be the reason for the numbers all over the shop - the display of the spines. 

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to Shifty Bench)
Post #: 185
RE: Marvel Graphic Novel Collection - 28/2/2012 7:32:04 PM   
Vadersville

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dark Knight

Anyways, I was looking forward to Venom, but by the pulishers own admission, they have had to trim MANY issues as the original saga ran for years. I just hope that it is not too disjointed and glaringly gappy.

The publishing director's introduction made me laugh. "From the black suit's first Earthbound appearance in Amazing Spider-Man #252 to the reveal of Venom in issue #300, the saga spanned over 50 issues." Um...thats 48 issues....

Confusion is a way of life, not a state of mind

(in reply to Dark Knight)
Post #: 186
RE: Marvel Graphic Novel Collection - 28/2/2012 9:45:35 PM   
petecriss8000

There were three monthly Spider-Man books in publication at the time.

(in reply to Vadersville)
Post #: 187
RE: Marvel Graphic Novel Collection - 28/2/2012 10:11:03 PM   
elab49

And there were normal Annual Specials on the main titles as well. 

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

(in reply to petecriss8000)
Post #: 188
RE: Marvel Graphic Novel Collection - 28/2/2012 11:31:36 PM   
Vadersville

Regardless its still pretty funny statement to read without that knowledge.

Three issues in and at first I didn't notice the jump until they started mentioning things Kingpin and Hobgoblin had be up recently and then of course, there's the distinct lack of a reunion scene between Black Cat and Spider-Man. One minute shes struggling to work out how to approach him, the next they're fighting alongside each other without a care in the world. It's a shame as so far I'm really enjoying it and it holds up amazingly well, especially when compared to Dark Phoneix, but I fear that since so much has been omitted to squeeze the story into one book, we may lose the full impact of the arc.

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 189
RE: Marvel Graphic Novel Collection - 1/3/2012 3:56:23 PM   
Shifty Bench

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49

Don't they mean the spine picture is all over the place rather than a single character run? That'd be the reason for the numbers all over the shop - the display of the spines. 

Yeah, that is why I said 'also' and not 'no, because....'

Anyway,  the first issue is book 21 and it says the story will continue in book 22, so there are going to be a few Spiderman books in a row. They are releasing them out of order for variety so people don't get bored getting a load of books of the same character. Yes, it's a pain in the arse having the spines out of order and yes, it has to do with money but I also see their point in doing it.

< Message edited by Shifty Bench -- 1/3/2012 3:58:19 PM >

Extended Edition Podcast- Episode 46:Threads Of Destiny (Star Wars Fan Film)

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 190
RE: Marvel Graphic Novel Collection - 1/3/2012 5:44:54 PM   
Chojin

I'm only one issue into Venom but i'm already preferring to to DP. Spider-man stories seem to age very well.

Even the original ASM issues are still a fun read.

XBL/PSN - Chojin22000

(in reply to Shifty Bench)
Post #: 191
RE: Marvel Graphic Novel Collection - 1/3/2012 8:49:38 PM   
Vadersville

quote:

I'm only one issue into Venom but i'm already preferring to to DP. Spider-man stories seem to age very well.

Even the original ASM issues are still a fun read.

Agreed, I'm really enjoying it.

(in reply to Chojin)
Post #: 192
RE: Marvel Graphic Novel Collection - 1/3/2012 11:06:53 PM   
SpiderFan86

Hi, I'm a little bit of a newbie when it comes to subscribing. Could someone tell me how it works? I recieved issue 1 mid Jan(ish) but have yet to recieve issue 2 & 3 yet they took the money out of my bank for those this morning. Has that happened to anyone else? Like I said I'm a bit of a newbie so I'm not sure whether they should have charged me yet or not

Thanks

(in reply to Vadersville)
Post #: 193
RE: Marvel Graphic Novel Collection - 2/3/2012 12:02:36 PM   
DK is NEO

Hi SpiderFan.
Same thing happened to me.Waiting for issues 1 and 4 and they took the money out of my account on monday,even though i didn't sign up for direct debit,i took the option to pay myself within 14 days of receiving my books!
I gave them a ring and they took the direct debit off,and they agreed it probably wasn't legal for them to take money from my account without permission!! And was told that my issues were posted on the 20th feb and to wait till the end of this week.So far i've received 2 deliveries-issues 2 and 3 with the hulk dvd and mug,and the amusingly flimsy bookends last week.I checked my account yesterday and issues 5 and 6 and the wham bag are on my transactions list,so i guess they'll be here sometime next month!!

Breaking the 4th wall.

(in reply to SpiderFan86)
Post #: 194
RE: Marvel Graphic Novel Collection - 2/3/2012 12:34:14 PM   
russella0

Things seem to be getting better - I can see I have got issues 4 and 5 allocated now and the Hulk DVD.

Spiderfan - the subscription company does seem to be pretty awful - but it seems this was due to over subscription more than anything else (although taking money without a DD setup is awful) - it does seem that you do eventually get your issues though and they're so well presented I'm prepared to put up with a bit of tardyness on delivery times.

(in reply to DK is NEO)
Post #: 195
RE: Marvel Graphic Novel Collection - 6/3/2012 9:08:07 AM   
Sleazy

I have taken the plunge and subscribed. Suprised you can still subscribe from issue 1 but there you go.

Have been reading a few comics recently, mainly Transformers and it has whetted my appetite for more.

Between this and the DC chess collection its going to get expensive though.

Gamertag: Sleazycome

PSN ID: Sleazytoon

(in reply to russella0)
Post #: 196
RE: Marvel Graphic Novel Collection - 7/3/2012 12:28:19 PM   
elab49

Thor Reborn is now in the shops.

quote:

(in reply to Sleazy)
Post #: 197
RE: Marvel Graphic Novel Collection - 12/3/2012 2:06:55 PM   
DK is NEO

Got my wham bag and issues 5 and 6 today.Got exited when i saw Todd Mcfarlanes name on the cover of Birth of venom only to notice he only did the last issue in the book!! It's interesting to see the totally different styles between the artists though.
Wham bags pretty cool as it's black and not blue like on the website,my eldest son already bagsied it ages ago.
Now i'm just missing issues 1 and 4 which i guess must've been lost in the post.
It made me laugh that on the big old box that was delivered today it said handle with care but the box was all mashed up and placed inside a royal mail baggie!! Just lucky the contents weren't damaged.

< Message edited by DK is NEO -- 12/3/2012 2:47:29 PM >

Breaking the 4th wall.

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 198
RE: Marvel Graphic Novel Collection - 12/3/2012 5:17:42 PM   
SpiderFan86

Quick question, has anyone recieved issues in the wrong order? I got 4 and 5 today (Ultimates & Venom) but I'm yet to recieve 2 or 3. I also have none of the free gifts

(in reply to DK is NEO)
Post #: 199
RE: Marvel Graphic Novel Collection - 12/3/2012 5:49:20 PM   
juanvasquez

quote:

ORIGINAL: SpiderFan86

Quick question, has anyone recieved issues in the wrong order? I got 4 and 5 today (Ultimates & Venom) but I'm yet to recieve 2 or 3. I also have none of the free gifts

I know that there was a massive backlog re issues 2&3 as well as the free gifts. They were well over subscribed but I believe they are gradually fulfilling orders. But I'd give them a ring, just in case.

I received 4&5 today so I guess they are getting back on track. No man bag, mind, but I got my mug separately so I guess that's on its way at some point.

Check out my cult games reviews and features at Horror Cult Films

Post #: 200
RE: Marvel Graphic Novel Collection - 12/3/2012 5:53:01 PM   
SpiderFan86

Yeah I guess I need to ring, just signed up to the Hatchett site and put my subscription number in. From what I can tell 2&3 were sent off mid February along with the Hulk DVD, none of which I've got. Ugh, last time I had to phone it took me ages to get through and cost a fortune :(

(in reply to juanvasquez)
Post #: 201
RE: Marvel Graphic Novel Collection - 13/3/2012 11:36:29 AM   
benmharper

Issue 5 and 6 turned up yesterday. Looking forward to reading Thor. Not read any Thor before. I had a quick flick through and the art looks great.

#3 member of The Wire fan club. PM Dantes Inferno to join.

Post #: 202
RE: Marvel Graphic Novel Collection - 13/3/2012 1:41:26 PM   
Nexus Wookie

quote:

ORIGINAL: benmharper

Issue 5 and 6 turned up yesterday. Looking forward to reading Thor. Not read any Thor before. I had a quick flick through and the art looks great.

Damn! I had the chance to buy Thor when I spotted a copy in my local newsagents, but I didnt because I had ordered two other comics onliine. Hearing about the artwork i'm thinking bugger - I should have bought it!! But hey, Captain America (Winter Soldier) is next and thats a definete must buy! I'll take the train to WH Smith to snare a copy if I have to !

< Message edited by Nexus Wookie -- 13/3/2012 1:42:59 PM >

My blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/

(in reply to benmharper)
Post #: 203
RE: Marvel Graphic Novel Collection - 13/3/2012 1:50:04 PM   
Harry Tuttle

Still waiting for issues 4 and 5 as well as my free gifts

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

(in reply to Nexus Wookie)
Post #: 204
RE: Marvel Graphic Novel Collection - 14/3/2012 1:35:16 PM   
Harry Tuttle

Issues 4 and 5 and the Incredible Hulk DVD came through the post this morning. Still waiting on my other gifts but they do seem to be getting their arse in gear.

Acting...Naturaaal

(in reply to Harry Tuttle)
Post #: 205
RE: Marvel Graphic Novel Collection - 14/3/2012 1:39:42 PM   
DK is NEO

Here's what i've received so far.
Issues 2 and 5 with the dvd and mug.
zap bookends(sent with issues 1 and 4 but not received)
Wham bag and issues 5 and 6.

I've just rang them,nice short phone call,and they're gonna resend issues 1 and 4.Personally i don't think they were even posted in the first place!!
It's crazy, there's folks on here that have all the books but not the free gifts,and myself with all the free gifts and not all the books!!

Breaking the 4th wall.

Post #: 206
RE: Marvel Graphic Novel Collection - 14/3/2012 5:33:57 PM   
Chojin

I got a bit of a different delivery today:

Wham Bag and 2 x copies of Issue 7

Brilliant, just brilliant. What a bunch of f**king c**ts, they make a mockery out of part works meaning I need to fork out to ship this back to them and wait even longer for my copy of issue 6.

wish I didn't start this now. The expense is not an issue but paying all this money for a hit and fucking hope service is a slight annoyance.

------------------------------------

quote:

Dear Sir/Madam,

Subscription Code:
S---------

Today I received my delivery of:

1 x Wham Bag
2 x Issue 07

I was supposed to receive a copy of issue 6, and issue 7 but received two copies of issue 7.

Please could you advise the next step I need to take in order to receive my copy of issue 6 and return the additional copy of issue 7 to you and receive reimbursement for this expense. I received my mug which was smashed to pieces and this is the second time I have received poor service and I am only just 10% into my order. So far I have been far from impressed and hope you can make this up to me as I do wish to purchase the entire collection.

As I have been charged for these goods I expect a prompt response or a refund as you have failed to supply the goods as described and I will seek legal advice if this is not resolved.

Regards,

---------

< Message edited by Chojin -- 14/3/2012 5:47:07 PM >

XBL/PSN - Chojin22000

(in reply to DK is NEO)
Post #: 207
RE: Marvel Graphic Novel Collection - 14/3/2012 7:27:14 PM   
SpiderFan86

quote:

ORIGINAL: DK is NEO

Here's what i've received so far.
Issues 2 and 5 with the dvd and mug.
zap bookends(sent with issues 1 and 4 but not received)
Wham bag and issues 5 and 6.

I've just rang them,nice short phone call,and they're gonna resend issues 1 and 4.Personally i don't think they were even posted in the first place!!
It's crazy, there's folks on here that have all the books but not the free gifts,and myself with all the free gifts and not all the books!!

So they said they'd sent 1 & 4 but you hadn't recieved them? Damn I think this is what happened to me. It says 2 & 3 were sent along with the Hulk DVD but I haven't got them. Think I'll phone them tomorrow

(in reply to DK is NEO)
Post #: 208
RE: Marvel Graphic Novel Collection - 14/3/2012 7:34:40 PM   
Chojin

Is it better to phone rather than e-mail? I'd rather not spend 10p per minute ringing France.

Dependant on how the phonecall goes tomorrow I may just cancel my subscription unless they let me keep the extra Issue 7 and send me a copy of issue 6 FOC.

< Message edited by Chojin -- 14/3/2012 7:41:19 PM >

XBL/PSN - Chojin22000

Post #: 209
RE: Marvel Graphic Novel Collection - 14/3/2012 8:20:47 PM   
DK is NEO

I'd phone them and ask for issue 6 and another mug.
I sent them an e-mail a couple of weeks ago but didn't get a response.When i rang them today it was pretty quick.Also it would be up to them,not you,if they want the extra issue 7 back,they can send you a pre stamped box type thing.
The service really is hit and miss,piss poor management from the get go when they realised they were over subscribed.Over subscribed as a company is what you want,more money,money,money.If i owned the company heads would roll.
Just out of interest who's in issue 7.Their website only goes up to Thor!.

EDIT** Here's the number i used 08714724240 it's a UK number.

< Message edited by DK is NEO -- 14/3/2012 8:27:24 PM >

Breaking the 4th wall.

(in reply to Chojin)
Post #: 210
Page:   <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Bookworms >> The Comic Shack >> RE: Marvel Graphic Novel Collection Page: <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI