Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Marvel Graphic Novel Collection

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Bookworms >> The Comic Shack >> RE: Marvel Graphic Novel Collection Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Marvel Graphic Novel Collection - 23/1/2012 7:17:14 PM   
Naweed_1

Does anybody know how long will it take in terms of months to complete all 60 books? im terrible at maths

Now, about this pickle we find ourselves in...

(in reply to Vadersville)
Post #: 121
RE: Marvel Graphic Novel Collection - 23/1/2012 7:20:08 PM   
Chojin

quote:

ORIGINAL: Vadersville

Post has just been and still nothing. Not getting off to a good start, are they? Knowing my luck when they finally do arrive I'll be missing the free gifts and I'll have that to moan about next. FML.

My dad just brought round a letter from his house:

"thanks for subscribing - here are your issues...............if you specified a different delivery address, your issues will follow"

So if I was still living at home i'd have 2+3......

Edit: and Naweed, it's 2.5 years.

http://chojin.devour.org - Mixes, Contact, Etc
XBL/PSN - Chojin22000

Post #: 122
RE: Marvel Graphic Novel Collection - 23/1/2012 7:22:24 PM   
Naweed_1

cheers 2.5 years damn thats ages ill be nearly 30 then, im gonna subscribe when my local shop stops selling them

Now, about this pickle we find ourselves in...

(in reply to Chojin)
Post #: 123
RE: Marvel Graphic Novel Collection - 23/1/2012 8:10:08 PM   
Vadersville

Has anyone actually received their Issues 2 and 3 yet?

Confusion is a way of life, not a state of mind

(in reply to Naweed_1)
Post #: 124
RE: Marvel Graphic Novel Collection - 25/1/2012 2:55:02 PM   
Vadersville

Still nothing. Tempted to email or ring them now. This is getting stupid.

Post #: 125
RE: Marvel Graphic Novel Collection - 25/1/2012 3:05:33 PM   
Harry Tuttle

quote:

Still nothing. Tempted to email or ring them now. This is getting stupid.

Good luck with emailing them. They just stonewalled me till my first issue arrived. I'm expecting issues 2 and 3 next week, if I don't get them then I'm cancelling my sub. I'm loathe to put any of my money in the pockets of a company with such seemingly poor customer service.

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood

Post #: 126
RE: Marvel Graphic Novel Collection - 25/1/2012 3:06:24 PM   
The Hooded Man

Vadersville I'm concerned about this too, they haven't even taken any money out of my account yet either. You can buy issue 3 in the shops now but subscribers have all but been forgotten about. Poor start to say the least, surely makes sense that subscribers would get theirs before the high street, now we're two issues behind already.

Counting the minutes until the over zealous mods lock this thread too.

Post #: 127
RE: Marvel Graphic Novel Collection - 25/1/2012 6:13:48 PM   
Chojin

quote:

ORIGINAL: The Hooded Man

Vadersville I'm concerned about this too, they haven't even taken any money out of my account yet either. You can buy issue 3 in the shops now but subscribers have all but been forgotten about. Poor start to say the least, surely makes sense that subscribers would get theirs before the high street, now we're two issues behind already.

I didn't realise that Issue 3 was out as well! how rubbish, I still also have yet to receive my issues 2+3.

XBL/PSN - Chojin22000

(in reply to The Hooded Man)
Post #: 128
RE: Marvel Graphic Novel Collection - 25/1/2012 6:23:06 PM   
elab49

Shouldn't you be happy you haven't been charged if the item hasn't been sent yet, though? 

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to Chojin)
Post #: 129
RE: Marvel Graphic Novel Collection - 25/1/2012 6:29:15 PM   
Chojin

I think i'd be happier with my issues. I could have walked into a shop and bought the two issues and had them day one rather than be sitting here with my thumb up my arse with naff all.

The only extras I would have gained from the subscription is the useless tat and hulk dvd (owned on blu ray already)

So just having the issues would make me happy as i've lost rather than gained by taking them up on their subscription offer......absolutely dire in my opinion, it's not about the money it's about the inconveience and the fact I could have just walked into a shop and bought them by now.

XBL/PSN - Chojin22000

(in reply to ChickMagnet)
Post #: 130
RE: Marvel Graphic Novel Collection - 25/1/2012 6:32:22 PM   
Dark Knight

quote:

ORIGINAL: The Hooded Man

This is correct - popped into my local Forbidden Planet today to pick up issue 3 (Iron Man: Extremis). I do not mean to gloat at all so forgive me if it comes across like that but I am SO glad that I didn't go down the subscription route. I was actaully on the phone on hold to them at one stage, but one of the reasons that I put down the phone and went via the comic shop for the order was the fact that I was put on hold for a huge ammount of time. I never even got to speak to anyone regarding my potential order.

It is truely shocking customer service and I feel for you guys.....

< Message edited by Dark Knight -- 25/1/2012 6:34:19 PM >

"I'm too tense to speak!" - Borstal

Post #: 131
RE: Marvel Graphic Novel Collection - 25/1/2012 6:33:40 PM   
elab49

It's sounds a bit like they've massively underestimated the business they were going to do. Partworks normally have a fair idea what their subscription and attrition rate is going to be - this one they seem to have messed up. But the company has been around doing this for a while I think. 

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

(in reply to Chojin)
Post #: 132
RE: Marvel Graphic Novel Collection - 25/1/2012 7:08:57 PM   
Vadersville

Partworks? I thought this was getting done by Hachette? I still think that the whole "underestimated the demand" line is a pitiful excuse. If that was the case then they could surely send out an email or letter to the subscribers letting them know of the delay but reassuring everyone that we will actually get our issues. The customer service so far has been apalling. Seriously considering cancelling my subscription already.

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 133
RE: Marvel Graphic Novel Collection... Finally! - 26/1/2012 10:46:49 AM   
Vadersville

Well today I finally received Issues 2 and 3 with my Incredible Hulk DVD.... but no mug. To be honest I'm not that bothered over the mug. I even already have Incredible Hulk on Blu-Ray (I'm giving the DVD to the missus) but I think its a bit crap that they've left out one of the advertised free gifts, especially when on the invoice included in the parcel its listed along with the rest. I can see other missing out on a few free gifts too. Still at least the graphic novels are still up to the same high standard as the first issue. 

Post #: 134
RE: Marvel Graphic Novel Collection... Finally! - 26/1/2012 10:59:01 AM   
The Hooded Man

Well it does bode well Vadersville that finally they're out there at long last.

Counting the minutes until the over zealous mods lock this thread too.

Post #: 135
RE: Marvel Graphic Novel Collection... Finally! - 26/1/2012 11:39:48 AM   
Jaded_Parrot

The other half said issue 3 landed in the post yesterday so they are getting out and not having to wait too long. I think the free stuff comes with us in issue 4 but we shall wait and see.

Post #: 136
RE: Marvel Graphic Novel Collection... Finally! - 26/1/2012 11:46:01 AM   
Vadersville

Nope, in my confirmation letter it said that my first delivery will include Issues 3&4, the DVD and mug. Delivery 2 will include issues 4&5 and the bookends. Delivery 3 will include Issues 6&7 and the shoulder bag. Same as the flyer that came with Issue 1 in the shops. Heck, even the invoice in the parcel lists the mug as included...

(in reply to Jaded_Parrot)
Post #: 137
RE: Marvel Graphic Novel Collection - 26/1/2012 3:02:47 PM   
petecriss8000

quote:

ORIGINAL: Naweed_1

Does anybody know how long will it take in terms of months to complete all 60 books? im terrible at maths

The last volume should hit stands on April 2nd 2014, as per my calculation, if it keeps releasing on Wednesdays every fortnight.

(in reply to Naweed_1)
Post #: 138
RE: Marvel Graphic Novel Collection - 26/1/2012 3:25:10 PM   
elab49

quote:

Partworks? I thought this was getting done by Hachette? I still think that the whole "underestimated the demand" line is a pitiful excuse. If that was the case then they could surely send out an email or letter to the subscribers letting them know of the delay but reassuring everyone that we will actually get our issues. The customer service so far has been apalling. Seriously considering cancelling my subscription already.

Partworks isn't a name of a company - it's the product. These weekly/fortnightly/monthly things that come out every January and run for 2 years or so - quilting, building the titanic - or comic books.

And I didn't say their comms weren't bad - they probably collapsed because they were inadequate for the demand.

quote:

Post #: 139
RE: Marvel Graphic Novel Collection - 26/1/2012 5:40:18 PM   
Chojin

Still not received mine but it might have to do with my change of address at the bank over the weekend. I'll have to contact them to change this but will do it from work - sod paying 10p a minute. I'll let my work foot the bill for that one. Will probably end up sorting it next week as tomorrow will be hectic at work.

XBL/PSN - Chojin22000

Post #: 140
RE: Marvel Graphic Novel Collection - 26/1/2012 7:09:09 PM   
djmarmite

In the post today I got issue 2 issue 3 hulk DVD, but no pow mug, Gunna ring them tomorrow to find out where it as, as its listed on the invoice I got today

(in reply to juanvasquez)
Post #: 141
RE: Marvel Graphic Novel Collection - 27/1/2012 9:51:11 AM   
Vadersville

Let us know what happens. I had the exact same thing and am awaiting a response.

(in reply to djmarmite)
Post #: 142
RE: Marvel Graphic Novel Collection - 27/1/2012 11:30:24 AM   
juanvasquez

At least you've had a delivery!

Check out my cult games reviews and features at Horror Cult Films

Post #: 143
RE: Marvel Graphic Novel Collection - 27/1/2012 5:33:14 PM   
Chojin

Yeah still nothing for me as well. I'll try phoning them next Monday to change my billing address and hopefully get through to a human (at the companys expense)

XBL/PSN - Chojin22000

Post #: 144
RE: Marvel Graphic Novel Collection - 30/1/2012 3:21:10 PM   
Harry Tuttle

Has anybody who received Issue 1 received issues 2 and 3 yet?

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood

(in reply to Chojin)
Post #: 145
RE: Marvel Graphic Novel Collection - 30/1/2012 5:50:00 PM   
Chojin

Seems I didn't need to call them - I received issues 2 and 3 today as well as.....

1 x POW mug smashed to bits in the box. The disappointing sound of broken china didn't sound very promising.
1 x Hulk DVD which i'll probably end up getting <50p for from CEX (I own the blu-ray)

Impressed with the 2nd and 3rd issues though, they look great.

Second Class post for both items though? no wonder they are taking so fucking long - cheap bastards.

XBL/PSN - Chojin22000

(in reply to Harry Tuttle)
Post #: 146
RE: Marvel Graphic Novel Collection - 30/1/2012 8:53:02 PM   
Dark Knight

I was seriously impressed with Iron Man: Extremis. Hugely violent and very nicely drawn. You can really tell the influence it had on the movie.

"I'm too tense to speak!" - Borstal

(in reply to Chojin)
Post #: 147
RE: Marvel Graphic Novel Collection - 30/1/2012 9:45:42 PM   
Vadersville

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chojin

Seems I didn't need to call them - I received issues 2 and 3 today as well as.....

1 x POW mug smashed to bits in the box. The disappointing sound of broken china didn't sound very promising.
1 x Hulk DVD which i'll probably end up getting <50p for from CEX (I own the blu-ray)

Impressed with the 2nd and 3rd issues though, they look great.

Second Class post for both items though? no wonder they are taking so fucking long - cheap bastards.

Yeah, I too noticed the second class postage. Got my mug seperately today, intact unlike yours but I've since had a proper look at my Incredible Hulk DVD and the case is shattered. Had to change it for another before giving it to the missus (I too own the blu-ray). Have only started Dark Phoneix so far. I'm finding it hard to get into to be honest. I appreciate its an older comic so you have to take it as of its time but theres so much text on each page that sometimes I feel the panels are more like illustrations in a book than an actual comic. Still I'll stick with it and you can immediately see the influence this arc has had on several of the X-Men films.

(in reply to Chojin)
Post #: 148
RE: Marvel Graphic Novel Collection - 30/1/2012 10:21:01 PM   
ChickMagnet

Tell you what doesn't fill me with confidence - e-mail exchanges like this:

quote:

ORIGINAL: E-mails
Dear Chris

Thank you for your email, please accept my apologies for the delayed response.

Please be advised that issue number 2 will be "the dark phoenix".

Please note that we have no affiliation with the shops or newsagents. We have a different supplier; we are the mail ordering company and not the publishers. Please take the matter in question up with the respective store in question.

Please do not hesitate to contact us should you require further assistance.

Yours sincerely,

JJ Swanepoel
Customer Care

Please advise if any of your personal details have changed recently, such as contact numbers, address details or e-mail address. Should one or more of these details not have been provided previously, please add them to your next e-mail. This will ensure that we can contact you efficiently in future.
---- Original Message ----
To: marvelcollection@jacklinservice.com
Sent: 11 January 2012 07:21:31 PM
Subject: Email from www.graphicnovelcollection.com website

Name: Chris Pattison
Message: Hi there, I recently picked up the first issue of this collection in my local store and am keen to get the whole collection. Whilst in Town yesterday I asked my local Smiths when issue 2 (Dark Phoenix) was out and they said that it\'d be next week, however people I know in different parts of the country have already bought them in stores. Out of interest when is issue 2 out and if I was to subscribe and request part 2 as my first issue would that be Dark Phoenix?

Thanks,

Chris

Yeah, they REALLY read my e-mail huh?

Post #: 149
RE: Marvel Graphic Novel Collection - 30/1/2012 10:28:02 PM   
Darth Marenghi

quote:

Have only started Dark Phoneix so far. I'm finding it hard to get into to be honest. I appreciate its an older comic so you have to take it as of its time but theres so much text on each page that sometimes I feel the panels are more like illustrations in a book than an actual comic. Still I'll stick with it and you can immediately see the influence this arc has had on several of the X-Men films.

Yeah, X-Men 3 would have been an adaptation of this if Singer had stayed on board. Ah, what might been...

Invisible Text for SPOILERS: "color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color" , then change the quotation marks to square brackets.

Post #: 150
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Bookworms >> The Comic Shack >> RE: Marvel Graphic Novel Collection Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI