Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Marvel Graphic Novel Collection

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Bookworms >> The Comic Shack >> RE: Marvel Graphic Novel Collection Page: <<   < prev  7 8 9 10 [11]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Marvel Graphic Novel Collection - 26/2/2013 7:39:41 AM   
Chojin

Still going strong - after the first couple of months where there were big delays and mispicks everything seems to have worked out and it's all running smoothly now. My last delivery was CA The Chosen and Planet Hulk 2. I'm going to be seeing it through to the end anyway.

Luckily most of the older stories are now out of the way and the only releases left are more recent stories.

http://chojin.devour.org - Mixes, Contact, Etc
XBL/PSN - Chojin22000

(in reply to uniqueweasel)
Post #: 301
RE: Marvel Graphic Novel Collection - 26/2/2013 9:28:33 AM   
Harry Tuttle

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chojin

Still going strong - after the first couple of months where there were big delays and mispicks everything seems to have worked out and it's all running smoothly now. My last delivery was CA The Chosen and Planet Hulk 2. I'm going to be seeing it through to the end anyway.

Yeah same here. I've received up to issue 29 so far which is Demon in a Bottle. I usually get a package around the start of the month so I expect I'll get The Chosen and Planet Hulk part 2 in the next week or so.

I think I'm alone in quite liking the older stories. I enjoyed Demon in a Bottle for what it was, comic books first real attempt at tackling a serious issue. Dark Phoenix was enjoyable, I didn't mind Secret Wars and Daredevil: Born Again and Wolverine: Wolverine are probably the best two books so far. The only real duffer for me has been Captain Britain.

I think Hachette have over stretched their market with the Mightiest Heroes collection though. I don't know if I'd have bothered with it anyway but it's a total non starter for me whilst I'm already paying them £20 a month.

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood

(in reply to Chojin)
Post #: 302
RE: Marvel Graphic Novel Collection - 26/2/2013 10:20:34 AM   
Nexus Wookie

The only ones i rue missing out on was Born Again and Marvels; the former being one of my favourite Daredevil stories. I was put off by the issue numbers or rather extra's, because the TPB Has 7 issues in total, whereas the MGNC version showed 6, so it was clear that they didnt include the extra story at the end. Marvels i haven't read yet, even though i know its supposed to be near a masterpiece.

What about the Spidey stories, Harry? Did you enjoy those? I know i did!

< Message edited by Nexus Wookie -- 26/2/2013 10:22:22 AM >

My blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/

(in reply to Harry Tuttle)
Post #: 303
RE: Marvel Graphic Novel Collection - 26/2/2013 10:24:51 AM   
uniqueweasel

Yeah I would say the top two in the collection so far for me has definatley been DD Born Again, and Marvels, probably the two i've least enjoyed were Captain Britain and Avengers Forever, they were both chores to get through. Overall I would say i'm still happy I subscribed to this, it's making me read stories I know I wouldn't of read otherwise. As for the new Mightiest Heroes Collection, i'm not really interested, I would only probably consider if there was a DC collection.

< Message edited by uniqueweasel -- 26/2/2013 10:25:59 AM >

Do Not Drink And Bake

(in reply to Nexus Wookie)
Post #: 304
RE: Marvel Graphic Novel Collection - 26/2/2013 10:27:59 AM   
Nexus Wookie

Thats good to hear uniqueweasel, i don't know why DC don't do the same?

My blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/

Post #: 305
RE: Marvel Graphic Novel Collection - 26/2/2013 10:32:40 AM   
uniqueweasel

I'm not sure, perhaps they can't get the licensing with DC, but it is a pity, i'd love all my key DC trades in a neat collection like the Marvel one!

Is there anyone who is considering collecting the new Mightiest Heroes Collection?

Do Not Drink And Bake

Post #: 306
RE: Marvel Graphic Novel Collection - 26/2/2013 10:35:29 AM   
Harry Tuttle

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nexus Wookie

The only ones i rue missing out on was Born Again and Marvels; the former being one of my favourite Daredevil stories. I was put off by the issue numbers or rather extra's, because the TPB Has 7 issues in total, whereas the MGNC version showed 6, so it was clear that they didnt include the extra story at the end. Marvels i haven't read yet, even though i know its supposed to be near a masterpiece.

What about the Spidey stories, Harry? Did you enjoy those? I know i did!

I'm not a massive Spidey fan but I really enjoyed Coming Home and Kraven's Last Hunt. I already had most of the Birth of Venom story in pocket book form so I wasn't too fussed about that and I'm really not interested in the Ultimate Universe so Power and Responsibility is still untouched (I've read it before though and had no real urge to read any version of the Spider-Man origin again). There's Spider-Man: Blue coming up and although I've read it before I'm looking forward to giving it another read as I really enjoyed it despite it being a bit of a downer.

Agree with the love for Marvels as well, it's a brilliant read.

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Post #: 307
RE: Marvel Graphic Novel Collection - 27/2/2013 7:36:42 AM   
Chojin

Mightiest Heroes isn't for me either - a collection comprised of solely 'classic' stories and origin stories seems like a bit of a mess and wouldn't be a fun read. At least with the current collection you get a self contained story arc and a mix of old and new.

Like many others I would be all over a DC collection of essential story arcs. Probably because Hachette don't own the rights? I thought they published the monthly three issue collectors editions for DC though? As Panini? They do seem a bit backwards with their marketing and business practices and I wouldn't put it past them to just not have thought of the idea.

For example why wasn't an advert or leaflet for the Mightiest Heroes Collection included in every January delivery of the Graphic Novel Collection? Surely marketing to your current customers is the best way of getting maximum custom? They seem to have dropped the ball on this one - I shouldn't be finding out about the new collection by randomly coming across it online. It should have been rammed down my throat on every bit of correspondence they send to me.

:/

XBL/PSN - Chojin22000

Post #: 308
RE: Marvel Graphic Novel Collection - 27/2/2013 9:36:58 AM   
benmharper

Still going strong here too. I got issues 28+29 last week. I'm way behind in my reading though, I think the last one I read was Born Again.

I've enjoyed the older stories too, I thought Dark Phoenix was great and Born Again was awesome (I'd already read that a few years ago).

Mightiest Heroes Collection hasn't been advertised well at all, the first I heard if it was reading his thread.

#3 member of The Wire fan club. PM Dantes Inferno to join.

(in reply to Chojin)
Post #: 309
RE: Marvel Graphic Novel Collection - 27/2/2013 10:05:41 AM   
Harry Tuttle

quote:

ORIGINAL: benmharper

Still going strong here too. I got issues 28+29 last week. I'm way behind in my reading though, I think the last one I read was Born Again.

I've enjoyed the older stories too, I thought Dark Phoenix was great and Born Again was awesome (I'd already read that a few years ago).

Mightiest Heroes Collection hasn't been advertised well at all, the first I heard if it was reading his thread.

The first I heard of it was when I was checking the list of titles for the Graphic Noverl Collection on WIkipedia the other day, the Mightiest Heroes Collection is listed underneath. It's pretty bizarre because the GCN was advertised quite heavily.

Acting...Naturaaal

(in reply to benmharper)
Post #: 310
RE: Marvel Graphic Novel Collection - 6/3/2013 10:52:42 PM   
ripperman

Iím still collecting too. Just picked up New Avengers today. Hugely impressed with the books to date. What is everyone looking forward to as regards future issues?

Post #: 311
RE: Marvel Graphic Novel Collection - 7/3/2013 1:40:39 PM   
uniqueweasel

Hey, top three I think i'm looking most forward to or most interested in are:

Daredevil - Guardian Devil
Wolverine - Weapon X
Wolverine - Old Man Logan

Do Not Drink And Bake

(in reply to ripperman)
Post #: 312
RE: Marvel Graphic Novel Collection - 7/3/2013 5:49:03 PM   
ripperman

quote:

ORIGINAL: uniqueweasel

Hey, top three I think i'm looking most forward to or most interested in are:

Daredevil - Guardian Devil
Wolverine - Weapon X
Wolverine - Old Man Logan

Good call. That's definitely one of mine along with Spider man: Blue and Wolverine: Origin (Both very soon...yay!) and
the second parts to Secret Wars and Punisher

Post #: 313
RE: Marvel Graphic Novel Collection - 12/3/2013 12:27:49 PM   
Dark Knight

quote:

ORIGINAL: Harry Tuttle

quote:

ORIGINAL: benmharper

The first I heard of it was when I was checking the list of titles for the Graphic Noverl Collection on WIkipedia the other day, the Mightiest Heroes Collection is listed underneath. It's pretty bizarre because the GCN was advertised quite heavily.

Just got off the phone with the customer helpline for Marvel's Mightiest Heroes and it has no official release date (even though they are taking subscribers). I only rang them becuase I popped into my local Forbidden Planet, who get me a copy of the Graphic Novel Collection and they have not been able to find it to order it. No listings of it even coming soon.

So just incase any else is trying to find it..... It ain't out yet!

"I'm too tense to speak!" - Borstal

Post #: 314
RE: Marvel Graphic Novel Collection - 20/3/2013 4:55:56 PM   
ripperman

Spiderman Blue todayÖyay!! Iíve never read this (Donít know why as I really like Jeph Loeb and Tim Sales Batman work) have heard so much about it though so looking forward to it. Anyone vouch for its quality?

(in reply to Dark Knight)
Post #: 315
RE: Marvel Graphic Novel Collection - 25/1/2014 12:18:12 PM   
Chojin

Hey guys thought you'd appreciate a heads up if you're like me and haven't been rating the 'classic' titles and subscribe directly through HP. They're now extending the collection by at least 20 additional issues but the additional issues are starting to ship early together with an issue from the original 60 meaning you can't obtain the original 60 issues without getting shipped 5-6 titles from the new batch. But there's nothing to stop HP shipping two new issues each month and making you wait even longer until you can complete the original 60.

I received both Old Man Logan (57) and Marvel Origins: 60s (Classic: I) today so best case you're going to have to pay an additional £50-60 to get your original 60 through HP.

I've quickly sent them an e-mail now to cancel my subscription as soon as possible as I think it's under-handed and immoral to start an extension without notice and prior to completion of the original run in hopes that it will hook subscribers into continuing on.

Further Reading and photos - http://www.avforums.com/threads/official-marvel-graphic-novel-collection-fortnightly-hardbacks.1567330/page-32

Sample e-mail of what I sent, i'll be ringing them during office hours on Monday as well

Dear Hachette,

I would like to cancel my subscription with immediate effect. This will be adequate notice to not receive either of the issues released in February 2014.

My reason for cancellation is the extension of the collection without notice and prior to the completion of the initial 60 issues new issues being included with the monthly shipments.

Please confirm in writing that the cancellation of my subscription has taken place and I will no longer be charged for any future issues.

I do not have access to my subscriber number as all paperwork is despatched to a different address however my account information is listed below:

#

#

Thanks,

XBL/PSN - Chojin22000

(in reply to ripperman)
Post #: 316
Page:   <<   < prev  7 8 9 10 [11]
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Bookworms >> The Comic Shack >> RE: Marvel Graphic Novel Collection Page: <<   < prev  7 8 9 10 [11]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News††|††Empire Blog††|††Movie Reviews††|††Future Films††|††Features††|††Video Interviews††|††Image Gallery††|††Competitions††|††Forum††|††Magazine††|††Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI