Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Xbox One

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Xbox One Page: <<   < prev  78 79 80 81 [82]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Xbox One - 22/11/2014 10:14:15 AM   
Chojin

Finally got a chance to test the Media Player today. I had about 60GB of games queued and I couldn't see any way to prioritise your queue of downloads. (anyone?)

It's pretty much on par with what my TV is capable of when plugging my HDD in directly which is disappointing. Whilst some MKV files will play, it has no subtitle support so allowing me to change the language is all well and good but I want English subtitles as well. Again, am I missing an option or is it really that piss poor that they decided Audio Language Options are okay to implement but allowing a user to use the subtitle options isn't required.

(I watch a shit-ton of anime in the original language and need subtitles )

Think I'll just be sticking with my TV hoping they decide subtitles are a valid addition.

http://chojin.devour.org - Mixes, Contact, Etc
XBL/PSN - Chojin22000

(in reply to paulyboy)
Post #: 2431
RE: Xbox One - 22/11/2014 11:08:00 PM   
target

So you can try out Sunset overdive for free for the weekend, which is cool. Didn't expect it to have achievements too. but i suppose it is just like renting it.

We're not retreating we're advancing in another direction

Thanks for the AV darthbane.

(in reply to Chojin)
Post #: 2432
RE: Xbox One - 23/11/2014 10:29:05 AM   
Chojin

Totally missed it - wasn't informed until last night that it was free for 24 hours, might have tried it if I'd known

XBL/PSN - Chojin22000

(in reply to target)
Post #: 2433
RE: Xbox One - 23/11/2014 4:02:32 PM   
paulyboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chojin

I had about 60GB of games queued and I couldn't see any way to prioritise your queue of downloads. (anyone?)

You can force one to download ahead of the rest, just highlight it and press the Menu/Start button and there should be a shortcut to force the download immediately.....I think, from memory.

"Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever!"

(in reply to Chojin)
Post #: 2434
RE: Xbox One - 27/11/2014 10:53:12 AM   
Peter Griffin

So i've played two games so far on the xbone (Alien: Isolation & Shadow of Mordor) & both have been superb.
The graphics are also superb, loving it.
Thanks to everybody who talked me into getting one

"No point in mentioning these bats, I thought. Poor bastard will see them soon enough."

"Me and Pete Griffin would make a beautiful Dead Space ass kicking baby."

(in reply to paulyboy)
Post #: 2435
RE: Xbox One - 27/11/2014 4:59:51 PM   
Bumfluff

I'm in the One club now too!

The 280 lightning deal with alien isolation helped me choose between this & ps4. Too good to refuse, can't seeing it getting any cheaper than that.

Will probably stay in the box until after Xmas so I have a chance to finish borderlands & mario land 3d first...

My Cinema Diaries

(in reply to Peter Griffin)
Post #: 2436
RE: Xbox One - 28/11/2014 8:05:17 AM   
Peter Griffin

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bumfluff

The 280 lightning deal with alien isolation helped me choose between this & ps4. Too good to refuse, can't seeing it getting any cheaper than that.

Will probably stay in the box until after Xmas so I have a chance to finish borderlands & mario land 3d first...

Welcome brother, enjoy

"No point in mentioning these bats, I thought. Poor bastard will see them soon enough."

"Me and Pete Griffin would make a beautiful Dead Space ass kicking baby."

(in reply to Bumfluff)
Post #: 2437
RE: Xbox One - 3/12/2014 9:19:54 AM   
Harry Tuttle

I have to say that it's pretty shocking how many games get released with some pretty serious bugs these days. AC:Unity is beyond annoying, I've given up on that till they fix it but there are a few that are extremely disruptive on Dragon Age: Inquisition as well. For starters there's the freezing dialogue problem which causes you to have to skip the dialogue and miss out on the gist of the storyline. As well as that there are also times when the sound goes completely (which is easily fixable by pausing to the menu and then back again). As immersion breaking as they are these are minor annoyances compared to having the game crash whilst saving causing you to lose your last 4 or 5 saves (as well as all the autosaves) and being unable to load the game without hard resetting the console. I got away lightly though, I only lost about 3 hours worth of gameplay, I've read about people losing all their saves (80+ hours worth of gameplay). This is a known issue since release so it's a bit of a joke that such a game breaking bug hasn't been addressed yet.

I'm willing to give DA:I a bit of slack on this because it's absolutely huge so so obviously some things are going to slip past game testing (much like in Bethesda's games) but it's still something that's pissing me off quite a bit as it spoils the experience and it seems to be something that's become more prevalent over the years.

Rant over .

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood

(in reply to Peter Griffin)
Post #: 2438
RE: Xbox One - 5/12/2014 1:00:48 PM   
Chojin

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bumfluff

Good stuff mate, I take it that's without Kinect? I'll be quite honest, I could have lived without it - it was just included in my chosen bundle.

I'm really hoping subtitle support is added for MKV files very soon. If so, I will actually start using my XB1 as a media center as it's capable of displaying MKV files my TV can't. Surely it's a no brainer and I've read quite a few suggestions placed to microsoft to get this feature added.

XBL/PSN - Chojin22000

(in reply to Bumfluff)
Post #: 2439
RE: Xbox One - 6/12/2014 4:59:03 PM   
Bumfluff

Yes, it was without Kinect & it was actually 270 in the end. Amazon sent me an e-mail with a further reduction...I wasn't going to argue!

My Cinema Diaries

(in reply to Chojin)
Post #: 2440
RE: Xbox One - 8/12/2014 12:22:24 PM   
Chief

quote:

ORIGINAL: Harry Tuttle

I have to say that it's pretty shocking how many games get released with some pretty serious bugs these days. AC:Unity is beyond annoying, I've given up on that till they fix it but there are a few that are extremely disruptive on Dragon Age: Inquisition as well. For starters there's the freezing dialogue problem which causes you to have to skip the dialogue and miss out on the gist of the storyline. As well as that there are also times when the sound goes completely (which is easily fixable by pausing to the menu and then back again). As immersion breaking as they are these are minor annoyances compared to having the game crash whilst saving causing you to lose your last 4 or 5 saves (as well as all the autosaves) and being unable to load the game without hard resetting the console. I got away lightly though, I only lost about 3 hours worth of gameplay, I've read about people losing all their saves (80+ hours worth of gameplay). This is a known issue since release so it's a bit of a joke that such a game breaking bug hasn't been addressed yet.

I'm willing to give DA:I a bit of slack on this because it's absolutely huge so so obviously some things are going to slip past game testing (much like in Bethesda's games) but it's still something that's pissing me off quite a bit as it spoils the experience and it seems to be something that's become more prevalent over the years.

Rant over .

The Master Chief Collection was a total bust too. I gave up and returned it for a refund after 2 weeks, it's still not fixed.

Top effort on fucking up your console selling franchise.

(in reply to Harry Tuttle)
Post #: 2441
Page:   <<   < prev  78 79 80 81 [82]
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Xbox One Page: <<   < prev  78 79 80 81 [82]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI