Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: The new "XBOX"

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: The new "XBOX" Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The new "XBOX" - 16/11/2012 1:54:48 PM   
Chief

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rhubarb

It does look like an external hard drive. But I do hope they don't just call it "Xbox", that is laaaaaazy. I miss the days when consoles oversold themselves - the MEGA Drive, The MASTER System or SUPER Nintendo, fantastic.

Following the "iPad" trend innit. Or something.

(in reply to Rhubarb)
Post #: 121
RE: The new "XBOX" - 16/11/2012 2:58:09 PM   
Invader_Ace

quote:

ORIGINAL: Flatulent_Bob
Speaker bars that project sound around a room to simulate surround sound seem too advanced? .

Speaker Bars, no. 
I mean the visual projector as detailed here.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-19568451 

quote:

It does look like an external hard drive. But I do hope they don't just call it "Xbox", that is laaaaaazy. I miss the days when consoles oversold themselves - the MEGA Drive, The MASTER System or SUPER Nintendo, fantastic.

Yeah, but it is quite hard to make the word Box sound awesome and dynamic.

The Ultra box
Awesome Box
Mutha-Funkin' Be ox , Fool! 

(in reply to Flatulent_Bob)
Post #: 122
RE: The new "XBOX" - 16/11/2012 3:10:29 PM   
borstal

Kelly Brooks Box sounds pretty yeehaw to me.

"Can you imagine the satisfaction of slamming that camping cunt Scott with a missile while sitting in Costa?" - Chief

http://www.redbubble.com/people/borstal
http://letterboxd.com/borstal/

(in reply to Invader_Ace)
Post #: 123
RE: The new "XBOX" - 16/11/2012 3:17:48 PM   
Chief

JETBOX!

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 124
RE: The new "XBOX" - 16/11/2012 3:56:06 PM   
Flatulent_Bob

quote:

ORIGINAL: Invader_Ace

quote:

Speaker bars that project sound around a room to simulate surround sound seem too advanced? .

Speaker Bars, no.
I mean thevisual projector as detailed here.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-19568451

Well that link is clearly not what I described. I mentioned a HUD or possible a menu system, not a fucking holodeck.
Anyway its already been mentioned that MS are looking at the augmentation glasses which would be an initial step forward for this generation.

I'm your huckleberry...

All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Oh my God! They banned Kenny!

Post #: 125
RE: The new "XBOX" - 16/11/2012 4:54:10 PM   
kata

Hope that isn't the final design, not keen.

XBL: GeneralLee79
PSN: GeneralLee_UK
Steam: GeneralLee_uk

Lovely detective work.

"Don't buy wigs that come off at the wrong time"

Post #: 126
RE: The new "XBOX" - 16/11/2012 5:04:07 PM   
DJ Satan

That's not a console. That's just a PC.

Don't try to tell me that some power can corrupt a person
You hadn't had enough to know what it's like
You're only angry cause you wish you were in my position
Now nod your head cause you know that I'm right..alright!

(in reply to Rhubarb)
Post #: 127
RE: The new "XBOX" - 16/11/2012 5:04:25 PM   
borstal

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chief

JETBOX!

kerfuck! WHY did I not think of that?

"Can you imagine the satisfaction of slamming that camping cunt Scott with a missile while sitting in Costa?" - Chief

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 128
RE: The new "XBOX" - 16/11/2012 8:22:14 PM   
Sexual Harassment Panda

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chief

quote:

Following the "iPad" trend innit. Or something.

Most of the reliable reports are suggesting that's the business model Microsoft are aiming for and I don't just mean the name.

They mean the end of console generations, they mean a new console every year or two with updated specs. But the games work accross the board. You wouldn't need to buy every iteration as much like iPads and iPhones the apps/games are universal and work on models both new and old, it just means the later hardware revisions have better visuals and loading times and possibly new features based on the hardware available to them.

Of course this wouldn't be fool proof, you would get to a point say 3 or 4 revisions down the line where the latest games may not play well if at all on the very first version.

< Message edited by Sexual Harassment Panda -- 16/11/2012 8:23:18 PM >

Ole Gunnar Solskj�r - 1996-2007

Member of the MW2 Star 69 Club
Member of the CoD4 Mile High Club

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 129
RE: The new "XBOX" - 3/1/2013 1:05:59 PM   
Invader_Ace

quote:

ORIGINAL: Your Funny Uncle

No new Xbox at E3 say Microsoft

Clicky!

So what announcement will this be?
http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/gamesblog/2013/jan/03/xbox-720-countdown-begins

< Message edited by Invader_Ace -- 3/1/2013 1:08:47 PM >

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 130
RE: The new "XBOX" - 3/1/2013 1:12:29 PM   
sroey

Very excited to see what MS will do with the next Xbox console. I think it should be called just 'Xbox' as its such a powerful monstrous brand now.

I am actually intrigued to see what improvements they can cook up for the Kinect product.

I just hope that my Gamertag and score carry over!!

Post #: 131
RE: The new "XBOX" - 3/1/2013 3:26:32 PM   
James2183

It wont be called XBox as it needs to be clearly separate from the previous console otherwise consumers will (sadly) get mixed up.

I've ready a few reports that suggest this is one of the reasons the WiiU didn't sell as well as it should have because consumers are confused as to what it actually is.

Can't call is XBox 3 as it would be too similar to PS3. Wouldn't be surprised if they did end up calling it 720

Hey bub, I aint finished with you yet!

"We do not beat the reaper by living longer. We beat the reaper by living well and living fully" - Randy Pausch

(in reply to sroey)
Post #: 132
RE: The new "XBOX" - 3/1/2013 3:29:10 PM   
Flatulent_Bob

quote:

ORIGINAL: Invader_Ace

quote:

ORIGINAL: Your Funny Uncle

No new Xbox at E3 say Microsoft

Clicky!

So what announcement will this be?
http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/gamesblog/2013/jan/03/xbox-720-countdown-begins

Seems to backup my post from November.

Quad Core Processor, 8GB Memory, Nvidea Card (therefore highly likely to run Direct X11), 4 player tracking for Kinect etc.
That report says Christmas release, but I still think it will be November which I suppose they could argue is Christmas period.

I'm your huckleberry...

All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Post #: 133
RE: The new "XBOX" - 3/1/2013 3:47:29 PM   
Chief

quote:

ORIGINAL: James2183

It wont be called XBox as it needs to be clearly separate from the previous console otherwise consumers will (sadly) get mixed up.

I've ready a few reports that suggest this is one of the reasons the WiiU didn't sell as well as it should have because consumers are confused as to what it actually is.

Can't call is XBox 3 as it would be too similar to PS3. Wouldn't be surprised if they did end up calling it 720

As I said upthread, aren't they just following Apple's model with how they named the latest iPad?

(in reply to James2183)
Post #: 134
RE: The new "XBOX" - 3/1/2013 3:56:42 PM   
sroey

I think you could make a strong case for having an 'Xbox' device in the living room which would offer up access to all of the services related to the brand - Live, Music & Video etc.

I hope they end up stuffing the thing with obscene amounts of RAM regardless

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 135
RE: The new "XBOX" - 3/1/2013 9:24:00 PM   
Ghidorah

How about an xbox dedicated to gamers, packed full of ram and allow at least 36 players of Battlefield 4 fun?

(in reply to sroey)
Post #: 136
RE: The new "XBOX" - 14/1/2013 6:54:38 PM   
Flatulent_Bob

quote:

I think it will.

I'm your huckleberry...

(in reply to James2183)
Post #: 137
RE: The new "XBOX" - 14/1/2013 7:13:12 PM   
Whistler

quote:

quote:

I think it will.

Well they thought the UK was dumb enough to not know the difference between Joss Whedon's Avengers and the naff '98 version, so James may have a point.

Post #: 138
RE: The new "XBOX" - 15/1/2013 10:03:13 AM   
Sexual Harassment Panda

I still see it being called Xbox Infinity as it's the next logical step from 360 (in terms of not making it sound like a lesser machine)

And in still of the belief the new iPad model will be used and we'll start to see a new Xbox Infinity released every year or two, all models playing the same games, only performance is better on the newer machines, meaning you can upgrade more often to keep your games looking as good as they can, but you by no means have to start upgrading every model.

Sounds like a perfect setup and one I'd prefer much more than the current, here's a new one with a bigger HDD, here's a new one that's a smaller sized machine setup.

(in reply to Whistler)
Post #: 139
RE: The new "XBOX" - 15/1/2013 12:36:30 PM   
Flatulent_Bob

quote:

ds like a perfect setup and one I'd prefer much more than the current, here's a new one with a bigger HDD, here's a new one that's a smaller sized machine setup.

I'd agree, although there is already a plan for the next release post November which will be aimed at full "cloud" storage, no optical media drive and as per norm a reduced size.
Unless it would be the Infinity mini

< Message edited by Flatulent_Bob -- 15/1/2013 12:37:03 PM >

I'm your huckleberry...

(in reply to Sexual Harassment Panda)
Post #: 140
RE: The new "XBOX" - 15/1/2013 1:11:07 PM   
Invader_Ace

quote:

quote:

ds like a perfect setup and one I'd prefer much more than the current, here's a new one with a bigger HDD, here's a new one that's a smaller sized machine setup.

I'd agree, although there is already a plan for the next release post November which will be aimed at full "cloud" storage, no optical media drive and as per norm a reduced size.
Unless it would be the Infinity mini

Glurgh!  Sounds terrible, why is the future trying to stop me having 'things'!

MinIfinity?

Post #: 141
RE: The new "XBOX" - 15/1/2013 2:18:46 PM   
sroey

I'm not so sure about that model. Granted - Apple pretty much paved the way for that kind of thinking, but lately its not gone as smoothly. Latest gen iPad only 6 months after the last one? Not everyone was best pleased with that - and I wouldnt be if thats how the MS decide to play it.

I doubt they would move that quickly so I know thats an extreme example - like you say every 1yr to 2yrs maybe. I still think just calling it 'Xbox' is the way forward!

Post #: 142
RE: The new "XBOX" - 15/1/2013 3:45:05 PM   
Flatulent_Bob

I still think it will just be Xbox, and I would be surprised if they dump the physical drive entirely. It would go against the home hub they seem to be striving for, but they are looking at it. Odd.

I'm your huckleberry...

(in reply to sroey)
Post #: 143
RE: The new "XBOX" - 21/1/2013 4:37:05 PM   
Chief

It's all nonsense to me but:

http://www.shopto.net/news/41728/Rumour-Next-Xbox-specs-revealed-by-VG-Leaks

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 144
RE: The new "XBOX" - 21/1/2013 6:44:40 PM   
borstal

Basically it means that the graphics will be so golly gosh super that in the next gen Jet game you'll be able to the mites that live in her eyelashes.

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 145
RE: The new "XBOX" - 21/1/2013 7:24:44 PM   
James2183

How does that compare to today's top of the range PC's?

Hey bub, I aint finished with you yet!

"We do not beat the reaper by living longer. We beat the reaper by living well and living fully" - Randy Pausch

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 146
RE: The new "XBOX" - 21/1/2013 10:52:07 PM   
Spiked

quote:

True, but the brands are so big these days they need to keep it alI think.

I wont be getting another Microsoft system as paying 40 a year to play online is a joke. It's an extra 400+ per system life.... it's not right.

(in reply to Rhubarb)
Post #: 147
RE: The new "XBOX" - 21/1/2013 11:55:04 PM   
paulyboy

quote:

How does that compare to today's top of the range PC's?

Judged in pure numbers, there's more powerful PC's about, but a console's specs are hard to quantify in equivalent PC terms, it just doesn't work like that. In a dedicated gaming box without any of the PC bottlenecks or overheads of an OS like Windows, you can certainly expect the hardware to punch well above the weight the raw numbers suggest, especially once development kits mature and developers get to grips with the machine.

"Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever!"

(in reply to James2183)
Post #: 148
RE: The new "XBOX" - 22/1/2013 7:28:16 AM   
Sexual Harassment Panda

quote:

ORIGINAL: Spiked

quote:

True, but the brands are so big these days they need to keep it alI think.

I wont be getting another Microsoft system as paying 40 a year to play online is a joke. It's an extra 400+ per system life.... it's not right.

Well seeing as the Xbox 360 is being replaced this year (well if all this speculation is to be believed) then 10 years is a bit of a stretch, it's only currently 7 years old, the whole 10 year lifespan thing is all a bit of a ideology dreamed up by Sony. I don't think anyone's actually used a PS2 for 10 years as their main machine despite the length if time it was available.

I have seldom paid anywhere over 18-25 for a 1 year Xbox sub and that normally comes with an additional 2 months, so in the consoles 7 year life time that's a gross spend of 108-150 rather than 400.

I agree now that it does seen an unnecessary expense, but there's no denying it's kept LIVE consistently at the forefront of what to expect from an online console gaming platform. PSN has slowly been catching up, and I think by the time the two draw closer you will either see MS start to develop added incentive for your years sub, or as many analysts are predicting the sub will be dropped once digital distribution for consoles starts to take off as you'll be paying for all that anyway.

(in reply to Spiked)
Post #: 149
RE: The new "XBOX" - 22/1/2013 8:34:58 AM   
Your Funny Uncle

All I want to know is how much it's going to cost me......it's that simple.

Empires Top 100 Movie Characters of All Time! - VOTE NOW by clicking HERE

(in reply to Sexual Harassment Panda)
Post #: 150
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: The new "XBOX" Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI