Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Xbox '720' Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Xbox '720' Thread Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Xbox '720' Thread - 13/2/2012 9:44:53 AM   
Yeti

I heard somewhere online you get free Jammie Dodgers.

We sit over our keyboards shoveling Pot Noodles down our mouths. Not because we're hungry. Not because we like them. Just to stifle the sobs for another minute or two.

(in reply to Sexual Harassment Panda)
Post #: 91
RE: Xbox '720' Thread - 15/3/2012 9:47:30 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

No new Xbox at E3 say Microsoft

Clicky!

Empires Top 100 Movie Characters of All Time! - VOTE NOW by clicking HERE

(in reply to Yeti)
Post #: 92
RE: Xbox '720' Thread - 16/3/2012 10:16:14 AM   
shool

quote:

ORIGINAL: Your Funny Uncle

No new Xbox at E3 say Microsoft

Clicky!

Was just coming in here to post that. We've just had an internal memo at Microsoft on it.

Invisio Text for Spoilers
[ color=#F1F1F1 ] Spoiler text [ /color ] , remove spaces between square brackets

"No one knows what it means, but it's provocative... It gets the people going!"

(in reply to Your Funny Uncle)
Post #: 93
RE: Xbox '720' Thread - 28/3/2012 10:27:48 PM   
From_Hell

Interesting new rumour: A new 'Xbox Loop' console at the end of 2013, which is an updated Kinect games console, and then a proper next-gen console a couple of years after:

http://www.oxm.co.uk/40091/xbox-loop-console-launching-late-2013-xbox-720-coming-later-rumour/

"What are you gonna do?"

"What I do best. I'm gonna kill 'em. Anyone that was involved. Anybody who profited from it. Anybody who opens their eyes at me."

(in reply to shool)
Post #: 94
RE: Xbox '720' Thread - 29/3/2012 6:20:27 PM   
Flatulent_Bob

So its officially out there now, and the dev kits have gone out to developers.
This on the back of the meeting on Feb 28th where the dev's met up in London and where Crytec spilt the beans.

Codename is now "Durango" and frankly its a flying machine with a 16 core IBM PowerPC CPU. (Current 360 is a three core 3.2Ghz)
16 core processors were only release last year for PC's, so its real high end shit.

Graphics wise its equivalent to the Raedon HD 7000 series which is again is comparable with new high end gamer spec PC's as this card was only released in January. Benchmarked to run Battlefield 3 in 1080p at full spec well over 60 frames per second. The current 360 can't run it at 720p at 30 frames/second.

Its this kind of hardware that is being used to get round the Blu-ray issue and the memory bottlenecks which have blighted the PS3 from harnessing it's real power.

As FYU posted it is extremely unlikely to be shown a E3 and MS are saying it definitely won't be mentioned, but I bet it gets an announcement of some sorts. Now the devkits are out there, the new console is truly on its way and they've beaten Sony to the punch again. There's no way they won't mention it.

I can't wait to get my hands on this.

< Message edited by Flatulent_Bob -- 29/3/2012 6:23:36 PM >

I'm your huckleberry...

All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Oh my God! They banned Kenny!

(in reply to From_Hell)
Post #: 95
RE: Xbox '720' Thread - 2/4/2012 6:06:37 AM   
Your Funny Uncle

Sounds.........expensive!

(in reply to Flatulent_Bob)
Post #: 96
RE: Xbox '720' Thread - 2/4/2012 9:20:28 AM   
Flatulent_Bob

quote:

ORIGINAL: Your Funny Uncle

Sounds.........exclusive!

Corrected!

Seriously though, its nearly a year away I would expect it to be similar to what the PS3 was on release.
The PS4 is going to be the really tech killer, plus they are going for a more developer friendly chipset apparently.

I'm your huckleberry...

All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Post #: 97
RE: Xbox '720' Thread - 3/4/2012 4:14:24 PM   
borstal

quote:

ORIGINAL: Flatulent_Bob

So its officially out there now, and the dev kits have gone out to developers.
This on the back of the meeting on Feb 28th where the dev's met up in London and where Crytec spilt the beans.

Codename is now "Durango" and frankly its a flying machine with a 16 core IBM PowerPC CPU. (Current 360 is a three core 3.2Ghz)
16 core processors were only release last year for PC's, so its real high end shit.

Graphics wise its equivalent to the Raedon HD 7000 series which is again is comparable with new high end gamer spec PC's as this card was only released in January. Benchmarked to run Battlefield 3 in 1080p at full spec well over 60 frames per second. The current 360 can't run it at 720p at 30 frames/second.

Its this kind of hardware that is being used to get round the Blu-ray issue and the memory bottlenecks which have blighted the PS3 from harnessing it's real power.

As FYU posted it is extremely unlikely to be shown a E3 and MS are saying it definitely won't be mentioned, but I bet it gets an announcement of some sorts. Now the devkits are out there, the new console is truly on its way and they've beaten Sony to the punch again. There's no way they won't mention it.

I can't wait to get my hands on this.

Does this mean that there will be bigger guns in games?

"Can you imagine the satisfaction of slamming that camping cunt Scott with a missile while sitting in Costa?" - Chief

http://www.redbubble.com/people/borstal
http://letterboxd.com/borstal/

Post #: 98
RE: Xbox '720' Thread - 19/4/2012 2:17:40 PM   
Spiked

BIGGER GUNS

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 99
RE: Xbox '720' Thread - 24/4/2012 8:02:34 AM   
borstal

and boobs? Can we please make boobs bigger in games?

"Can you imagine the satisfaction of slamming that camping cunt Scott with a missile while sitting in Costa?" - Chief

(in reply to Spiked)
Post #: 100
RE: Xbox '720' Thread - 5/9/2012 9:36:59 AM   
Your Funny Uncle

quote:

The new Xbox is being tipped for a 2014 release in order to accommodate demand.

Industry analyst Michael Pachter believes the as yet unannounced device will be delayed due to "overwhelming demand", reports CVG.

"We have heard no word yet from Microsoft or Sony about their plans to launch new consoles, but both manufacturers are widely expected to launch consoles by year-end 2013, although we believe that Microsoft could delay a new console launch until spring of 2014 in order to accommodate what is certain to be overwhelming demand among hardcore gamers," revealed Pachter.

GameStop CEO Paul Raines appeared to support these claims, alleging to have heard interesting rumours about next year.

"I'm getting a lot of rumours that are very interesting about 2013," remarked Raines.

"We have not been expecting two more consoles in 2013. We're expecting Wii U this holiday, another one next year, and another one in '14.

"These rumours change every week, but we're hearing more about next year."

Pachter previously suggested that Grand Theft Auto 5 might launch this summer, and was vocal in his belief that the 3DS had turned a corner after initial slow sales.

More recently, he suggested that the Wii U would struggle at market.

The Wedbush Securities analyst believes that the Wii U's Gamepad will be a hindrance rather than a help, potentially affecting sales.

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 101
The new "XBOX" - 15/11/2012 5:12:52 PM   
Flatulent_Bob

Its out there, and here's the apparent lowdown

The new Xbox is 99% certain to be called "XBOX".
It will be release in November 2013.
Its Black with Green trim.
4 Hardware Cores each with 4 logical cores - In English, certainly on a par with the current highest spec gamer PCs.
Kinnect 2.0 - Can track upto 4 players and can track individual finger movements on each. Also contains a projector for interactive surface control. Potential for menus or HUDS off of the screen projected into the room.
3D sound - containing the latest in soundbar tech. Coupled with Kinect it could direct the sound depending on where you are actually looking.
Bluray Drive - Slow seek times have been negated thanks to improvements in the reader tech so Blu-Ray it is. Heavily rumored that these might be removed for the first "slim" release in 2015 if broadband speeds are up to it.
DirectX11 - Xbox fans allowed to see what they have been missing and what their PC mates have been enjoying. According to Matt Ployhar from Nvidea that means "higher resolutions, sharper textures, more anti-aliasing tessellation. I think most console gamers will be amazed."
New controller - Still being developed but programmable buttons are in.
Metro is here to stay, but what will the new version contain once the feedback from Windows8 is considered?
Always-on gaming - 8GB or RAM in a console is huge, and this will be used to store games so loading times will be reduced, and certain pre-loaded games will be instantly accessible.

Games currently being coded for release or shortly after release titles ;

Kinect Sports 3 - Rare
Destiny - Bungie
Fable MMO - Lionhead
Halo 5 - 343
Battlefield 4 - DICE
Forza 5 - Turn 10

I'm your huckleberry...

Post #: 102
RE: The new "XBOX" - 15/11/2012 10:22:32 PM   
James2183

I'd like them to try and keep the controller as close to how it is now to be honest. Quite possibly the best controller ever.

Hey bub, I aint finished with you yet!

"We do not beat the reaper by living longer. We beat the reaper by living well and living fully" - Randy Pausch

Post #: 103
RE: The new "XBOX" - 16/11/2012 6:36:36 AM   
Your Funny Uncle

Better get saving my pennies then!

Post #: 104
RE: The new "XBOX" - 16/11/2012 9:06:29 AM   
Invader_Ace

quote:

4 Hardware Cores each with 4 logical cores - In English, certainly on a par with the current highest spec gamer PCs.
Kinnect 2.0 - Can track upto 4 players and can track individual finger movements on each. Also contains a projector for interactive surface control. Potential for menus or HUDS off of the screen projected into the room.
3D sound - containing the latest in soundbar tech. Coupled with Kinect it could direct the sound depending on where you are actually looking.
Bluray Drive - Slow seek times have been negated thanks to improvements in the reader tech so Blu-Ray it is. Heavily rumored that these might be removed for the first "slim" release in 2015 if broadband speeds are up to it.
DirectX11 - Xbox fans allowed to see what they have been missing and what their PC mates have been enjoying. According to Matt Ployhar from Nvidea that means "higher resolutions, sharper textures, more anti-aliasing tessellation. I think most console gamers will be amazed."
Metro is here to stay, but what will the new version contain once the feedback from Windows8 is considered?
Always-on gaming - 8GB or RAM in a console is huge, and this will be used to store games so loading times will be reduced, and certain pre-loaded games will be instantly accessible.

Sorry, is this a joke?  I genuinely don't know.

If not, source?

Post #: 105
RE: The new "XBOX" - 16/11/2012 9:24:38 AM   
Gizmo 76

quote:

Its Black with Green trim. <-- All that needs to be true, SOLD!

Giz Presents . . .

My Website of Work

Post #: 106
RE: The new "XBOX" - 16/11/2012 10:40:42 AM   
Flatulent_Bob

quote:

ORIGINAL: Invader_Ace
Sorry, is this a joke? I genuinely don't know.

If not, source?

No you'll know when its a joke because normally I'm pretty funny.

All the above will be broadly available in the next few days

Also if you look at my previous posts on this thread it is pretty much as I suggested it would be in March.
16 core, Blu-ray, etc etc. The first post was from the devs currently working with it, however obviously the styling wasn't complete but I don't think cooling will be an issue the time around
I would guess its first official outing to public and press will be Feb next year.

quote:

Its Black with Green trim. <-- All that needs to be true, SOLD!

Yeah the picture I saw looked pretty damn lovely, trying to find out if it was 100% or the "teams" impression of final design.

Very sleek, curves and def black with a green light trim.

< Message edited by Flatulent_Bob -- 16/11/2012 11:17:27 AM >

I'm your huckleberry...

(in reply to Invader_Ace)
Post #: 107
RE: The new "XBOX" - 16/11/2012 11:39:58 AM   
borstal

quote:

Battlefield 4 - DICE

Well spank my ass and call me Barbara....Im in.

Post #: 108
RE: The new "XBOX" - 16/11/2012 11:42:26 AM   
talpacino

quote:

ORIGINAL: borstal

quote:

Battlefield 4 - DICE

Well spank my ass and call me Barbara....Im in the conservatory.

Yeah...

Currahee!

It's a different film. It's a very different film! It's a different shark!

Suppose I shot ya..How'd that be?

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 109
RE: The new "XBOX" - 16/11/2012 11:43:47 AM   
borstal

Seriously?

You know how fucking cold it gets and yet you mock me time and time again.

(in reply to talpacino)
Post #: 110
RE: The new "XBOX" - 16/11/2012 11:47:05 AM   
talpacino

I'll send you a pair of socks for Xmas. Smartian's old pair that we used to make him wear on his hands while we played Worms. He had sweaty hands. We were mean.

Currahee!

It's a different film. It's a very different film! It's a different shark!

Suppose I shot ya..How'd that be?

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 111
RE: The new "XBOX" - 16/11/2012 11:50:29 AM   
Flatulent_Bob

Not confirmed, however can anyone remember a previous GTA3 release which came out on PS2, only to be updated 6 months later on the new PS3?

Just saying.........

I'm your huckleberry...

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 112
RE: The new "XBOX" - 16/11/2012 11:53:15 AM   
Flatulent_Bob

quote:

ORIGINAL: borstal

Seriously?

You know how fucking cold it gets and yet you mock me time and time again.

My "Dad Den" is like a conservatory when you buy the new console invest in one of these bad boys, they are fucking awesome and its like you're tucked up next to a log burner.

About 250 I think, Dyson AM04's. If only they did a Black and Green one, I could have a full XBOX theme.

< Message edited by Flatulent_Bob -- 16/11/2012 11:56:08 AM >

I'm your huckleberry...

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 113
RE: The new "XBOX" - 16/11/2012 11:59:19 AM   
Flatulent_Bob

Found a photo which matches what I saw, said it wouldn't be long.

Looks better on its side tbh.

< Message edited by Flatulent_Bob -- 16/11/2012 12:03:13 PM >

I'm your huckleberry...

Post #: 114
RE: The new "XBOX" - 16/11/2012 12:13:01 PM   
Invader_Ace

quote:

quote:

Sorry, is this a joke?  I genuinely don't know.
If not, source?

I've seen the patent for the projector technology, but that doesn't mean it will happen.  I can't buy it.  Neither can I buy the soundbar stuff.  When has any console come with it's own sound output?  Unless I am mis-understanding; are you saying will have it's own speakers and negate all the TV Speakers and sound systems already out there?

Post #: 115
RE: The new "XBOX" - 16/11/2012 12:20:13 PM   
Flatulent_Bob

quote:

quote:

quote:

Sorry, is this a joke? I genuinely don't know.
If not, source?

I've seen the patent for the projector technology, but that doesn't mean it will happen. I can't buy it. Neither can I buy the soundbar stuff. When has any console come with it's own sound output? Unless I am mis-understanding; are you saying will have it's own speakers and negate all the TV Speakers and sound systems already out there?

Nope I'm saying they are planning this technology into the new device. Rather like the augmented glasses, it could be further down the line, but in the case of projector it would have to be in the Kinect2.0 spec.
The soundbar is a separate piece of hardware but it is definitely being planning into the new xbox even if as an add on.
TBH it would be an essential part of a "home hub" these days anyway.

So you've seen a patent, which mentions what I've put above, and this makes you doubt my post more?
The same info is also clearly in the latest release of xbox360 world, so maybe I photoshopped that together too for what?
Kudos on a gaming thread in a film forum?

Just passing on what I've seen/been told, don't really see myself losing a lot of sleep because an internet poster doesn't believe me.
I'll file it under meh, alongside girls alouds new single and my interest in any celebrities going into the jungle.

< Message edited by Flatulent_Bob -- 16/11/2012 12:32:20 PM >

I'm your huckleberry...

Post #: 116
RE: The new "XBOX" - 16/11/2012 12:43:08 PM   
Invader_Ace

I'm not attacking you personally or "your posts", I'm just saying I find those two ideas hard to swallow.  I thought that's what this thread was for, to talk about what may or may not be coming and our feeling towards it.

Stuff get's patented all the time, doesn't mean it happens.  As described in the patent, the room projection thing just seems too advanced for my life time never mind in a couple of years!  If I can have a holodeck in my man-cave then class, but I literally won't believe until I see it.

Post #: 117
RE: The new "XBOX" - 16/11/2012 1:05:51 PM   
Flatulent_Bob

quote:

I'm not attacking you personally or "your posts",I'm just saying I find those two ideas hard to swallow. I thought that's what this thread was for, to talk about what may or may not be coming and our feeling towards it.

Stuff get's patented all the time, doesn't mean it happens. As described in the patent, the room projection thing just seems too advanced for my life time never mind in a couple of years! If I can have a holodeck in my man-cave then class, but I literally won't believe until I see it.

Speaker bars that project sound around a room to simulate surround sound seem too advanced? Really because I've had one for years, OK slightly bigger than then MS spec'd one but there none the less.
None of what I've posted is on the back of what patents I've seen, I've never seen any patents for any of this tech.
Its all from txt's/emails and phone calls from people I know who work in the industry and/or game journalism. I'm sure I've posted that information before.

< Message edited by Flatulent_Bob -- 16/11/2012 1:08:31 PM >

I'm your huckleberry...

Post #: 118
RE: The new "XBOX" - 16/11/2012 1:29:36 PM   
Chief

quote:

If true, that looks nice. Reminds me of a WD Passport or some other portable hard drive.

Post #: 119
RE: The new "XBOX" - 16/11/2012 1:50:15 PM   
Rhubarb

It does look like an external hard drive. But I do hope they don't just call it "Xbox", that is laaaaaazy. I miss the days when consoles oversold themselves - the MEGA Drive, The MASTER System or SUPER Nintendo, fantastic.

Team Ginge
WWLD?

quote:

ORIGINAL: FritzlFan

You organisational skills sicken me, Rhubarb.

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 120
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Xbox '720' Thread Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI