Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Xbox '720' Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Xbox '720' Thread Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Xbox '720' Thread - 19/1/2012 11:14:15 AM   
James2183

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/news/a360963/call-of-duty-developer-infinity-ward-hiring-for-next-generation.html

Infinity Ward looking for Next Gen developers. With Tryarch dealing with 2012's CoD it would seem IW might be working on a next gen 2013 release.

Hey bub, I aint finished with you yet!

"We do not beat the reaper by living longer. We beat the reaper by living well and living fully" - Randy Pausch

(in reply to Scott_)
Post #: 61
RE: Xbox '720' Thread - 19/1/2012 8:11:58 PM   
James2183

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/news/a361041/game-consumers-want-new-consoles.html

Game are not stating gamers are ready for a new console. Although I couldn't afford one at this moment in time I do feel like I need something fresh to peak my interest in gaming as it's starting to go a little stale (despite the hours I"m pumping into SkyRim).

I honestly believe we're going to see at least one next gen console next year.

"We do not beat the reaper by living longer. We beat the reaper by living well and living fully" - Randy Pausch

(in reply to James2183)
Post #: 62
RE: Xbox '720' Thread - 19/1/2012 8:17:55 PM   
kata

quote:

ORIGINAL: James2183

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/news/a361041/game-consumers-want-new-consoles.html

Game are not stating gamers are ready for a new console. Although I couldn't afford one at this moment in time I do feel like I need something fresh to peak my interest in gaming as it's starting to go a little stale (despite the hours I"m pumping into SkyRim).

I honestly believe we're going to see at least one next gen console next year.

WiiU is the most likely? Or is that this year?

< Message edited by kata -- 19/1/2012 8:18:27 PM >

XBL: GeneralLee79
PSN: GeneralLee_UK
Steam: GeneralLee_uk

Lovely detective work.

"Don't buy wigs that come off at the wrong time"

(in reply to James2183)
Post #: 63
RE: Xbox '720' Thread - 19/1/2012 9:21:32 PM   
HIM

No really surprising that Game want a new console out, particularly after the battering their share price has taken. They should be looking to compete better with online and supermarket vendors instead. It's no surprise that less people are buying their overpriced games, particularly due to the fact that we're still in one of the worst economic downturns for decades.

(in reply to kata)
Post #: 64
RE: Xbox '720' Thread - 25/1/2012 12:00:47 PM   
James2183

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/news/a361977/new-xbox-six-times-more-powerful-than-360.html

2013 seems to be gaining more noise.

(in reply to HIM)
Post #: 65
RE: Xbox '720' Thread - 25/1/2012 12:15:18 PM   
directorscut

quote:

ORIGINAL: James2183

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/news/a361977/new-xbox-six-times-more-powerful-than-360.html

2013 seems to be gaining more noise.

FUUUU....

Why not offer the main console without Kinect? 

Member of the TMNT 1000 Club.

(in reply to James2183)
Post #: 66
RE: Xbox '720' Thread - 25/1/2012 12:18:50 PM   
kata

6 times more powerful is a bit misleading, the hardware is apparently the equivalent of current midrange PC tech.  Although it's obviously dedicated unlike a PC.

All I want is a noticeable improvement in graphics, massive improvement in processing for physics gameplay etc, full hd and full aa, if it offers that I'll be happy.

XBL: GeneralLee79
PSN: GeneralLee_UK
Steam: GeneralLee_uk

Lovely detective work.

"Don't buy wigs that come off at the wrong time"

(in reply to directorscut)
Post #: 67
RE: Xbox '720' Thread - 25/1/2012 5:51:40 PM   
borstal

and free Jammie Dodgers.

Ive just read on another thread that there may be two versions. One all kinecty and the other more dedicated to gaming. Some of us would like both!

"Can you imagine the satisfaction of slamming that camping cunt Scott with a missile while sitting in Costa?" - Chief

http://www.redbubble.com/people/borstal
http://letterboxd.com/borstal/

(in reply to kata)
Post #: 68
RE: Xbox '720' Thread - 25/1/2012 6:55:45 PM   
HIM

Next-box to use Blu-ray discs?

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-01-25-next-xbox-will-use-blu-ray-report

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 69
RE: Xbox '720' Thread - 25/1/2012 6:59:16 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

quote:

ORIGINAL: borstal

and free Jammie Dodgers.

Ive just read on another thread that there may be two versions. One all kinecty and the other more dedicated to gaming. Some of us would like both!

Yeah, I'd like both!

Empires Top 100 Movie Characters of All Time! - VOTE NOW by clicking HERE

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 70
RE: Xbox '720' Thread - 26/1/2012 2:13:49 PM   
Harry Tuttle

Surely this has to be bollocks.

Clicky

It'd be commercial suicide if true. You wouldn't even be able to borrow a game off a friend.

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood

(in reply to Your Funny Uncle)
Post #: 71
RE: Xbox '720' Thread - 26/1/2012 2:22:42 PM   
Chief

Will it not also fuck up the rental market?

And would people not just buy less games? I'm sure a lot of people use the sale (or trade) of old games to fund new ones.

< Message edited by Chief -- 26/1/2012 2:24:16 PM >

(in reply to James2183)
Post #: 72
RE: Xbox '720' Thread - 26/1/2012 2:29:58 PM   
paulyboy

Yeah just don't see it myself, Microsoft can't be that out of touch surely...

I'll eat my underwear if it's true.

"Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever!"

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 73
RE: Xbox '720' Thread - 26/1/2012 3:21:22 PM   
Flatulent_Bob

quote:

ORIGINAL: HIM

Next-box to use Blu-ray discs?

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-01-25-next-xbox-will-use-blu-ray-report

If true that could be really interesting for the reason I highlighted earlier.

Have they cracked the throughput issues?

I'm your huckleberry...

All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Oh my God! They banned Kenny!

(in reply to HIM)
Post #: 74
RE: Xbox '720' Thread - 26/1/2012 3:49:04 PM   
Drone

quote:

ORIGINAL: Harry Tuttle

Surely this has to be bollocks.

Clicky

It'd be commercial suicide if true. You wouldn't even be able to borrow a game off a friend.

If it only impacts playing online then I don't really care as I never do it anyway, however if they attempt to lock games to a machine (so what happens if I need to replace my console etc/households with more than one console?) then well... back to PC's for me, and when bullshit like this comes around, I'll rely on the clever people out there who hack and crack games and frankly the greedy asshole faceless games corporations can kiss my ass.

(in reply to Harry Tuttle)
Post #: 75
RE: Xbox '720' Thread - 26/1/2012 4:03:22 PM   
shool

Microsoft dont make much money on consoles and make it all on games.

So I can see them trying to boost the games market. I'm sure they'll be smart about whatever they do as they wont want to limit their sales.

Invisio Text for Spoilers
[ color=#F1F1F1 ] Spoiler text [ /color ] , remove spaces between square brackets

"No one knows what it means, but it's provocative... It gets the people going!"

(in reply to Drone)
Post #: 76
RE: Xbox '720' Thread - 26/1/2012 4:21:37 PM   
Harry Tuttle

quote:

ORIGINAL: shool

So I can see them trying to boost the games market. I'm sure they'll be smart about whatever they do as they wont want to limit their sales.

I've probably bought over 50 games brand new for my 360 but I've also bought about half as much 2nd hand and rented about the same amount again.

If Microsoft go through with this, rather than gaining an extra 50 sales off me they'll be losing the initial 50 and the console sale.

In short they can go fuck themselves if (and it is quite a big if) this story turns out to be true.

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

(in reply to shool)
Post #: 77
RE: Xbox '720' Thread - 26/1/2012 4:27:28 PM   
Chief

Like Shool, I can't see a total console lock. I'd imagine it'll be more an online thing like they're doing just now with codes and stuff.

Which is still pretty shitty to be honest.

(in reply to James2183)
Post #: 78
RE: Xbox '720' Thread - 26/1/2012 4:53:11 PM   
Jaded_Parrot

Surely if this was to happen there would be uproar with the rental community and alot of retailers that sell pre owned games? Lovefilm would be pointless, instead of trading in a game and £6 for it youll get 6 pence?

I cant see it happening myself although i can see them expanding something with the Online passes maybe. Kind of makes you wonder why you pay a Gold subscription really!

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 79
RE: Xbox '720' Thread - 26/1/2012 5:53:12 PM   
rich

IGN... sources. Ahahah

Meanwhile...

(in reply to Your Funny Uncle)
Post #: 80
RE: Xbox '720' Thread - 27/1/2012 9:20:20 PM   
the anomaly

quote:

ORIGINAL: Harry Tuttle

quote:

ORIGINAL: shool

I've probably bought over 50 games brand new for my 360 but I've also bought about half as much 2nd hand and rented about the same amount again.

If Microsoft go through with this, rather than gaining an extra 50 sales off me they'll be losing the initial 50 and the console sale.

In short they can go fuck themselves if (and it is quite a big if) this story turns out to be true.

Indeed.

I don't buy so many pre-owned games but I do rent. From both types of games it's given me a chance to try before I buy etc which has then led me to go on and buy the game or it's sequel. Which would be better than no sale from me at all. Sure there are games I've only rented but looking back quite a few I would have returned right away, traded in, sold on ebay etc if I had bought them and I wouldn't have bought them full price either.

Post #: 81
RE: Xbox '720' Thread - 28/1/2012 7:33:26 AM   
Flatulent_Bob

Come on guys, really?

quote:

Rumor has it the next-generation Xbox may limit exactly what kind of games you're allowed to play. According to sources speaking to Kotaku, the Xbox 360's successor will have some kind of anti-used-game enforcement. There's no explanation of what that means, but speculation surrounding the issue says the console could outright reject used-games altogether.

Could it possibly be any more vague.

According to unamed sources, the next console will have some sort of anti-used-game enforcement, which they can't explain or describe.
However someone, somewhere has read this and speculated that the console would reject all used games.

I'm your huckleberry...

All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Oh my God! They banned Kenny!

(in reply to the anomaly)
Post #: 82
RE: Xbox '720' Thread - 10/2/2012 3:38:00 PM   
talpacino

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/335369/xbox-720-has-wii-u-touchscreen-controller-report/

Microsoft's next Xbox is set to include a Wii U-like touchscreen controller, a report in Xbox World magazine has claimed.

Writing in its latest issue, XBW's sources report the next Xbox "will be a matt-black media hub with a mission to bring games to life in your living room with augmented reality, directional sound, and a four-player, finger-tracking Kinect."

The mag claims Microsoft is experimenting with a tablet-like controller with a shape closer to Sony's PS Vita than Wii U's "bulky unit".

It goes on to describe the Xbox 720 pad as "an HD screen surrounded by the traditional 360 buttons and sticks."

"That touchcreen will be second only to Kinect in how you operate your console," it claims. "It could be a remote control when you're watching TV, a browser when you're on the internet, extra buttons and information when you're playing a game or a portable display when you want to take your game with you."

If you're starting to think this sounds awfully expensive, says XBW, you're right - the mag speculates Xbox 720 could come in at as much as £399.

"Microsoft are playing it safe with the CPU and GPU but running wild with the functions that will change how you play, but it won't be cheap."

It's not the first rumour that's pointed to Microsoft's possible plans for a Wii U-like controller: Last month Gamespot suggested there are "strong signs" that a tablet component will figure heavily in the next Xbox.

Obviously just a mock up image but it's going to have be pretty big to fit in a screen. Hmmmm....

Currahee!

It's a different film. It's a very different film! It's a different shark!

Suppose I shot ya..How'd that be?

(in reply to Flatulent_Bob)
Post #: 83
RE: Xbox '720' Thread - 10/2/2012 4:00:49 PM   
directorscut

quote:

ORIGINAL: talpacino

"That touchcreen will be second only to Kinect in how you operate your console," it claims.

quote:

second only to Kinect in how you operate your console

quote:

second only to Kinect

GTFOOH.

Member of the TMNT 1000 Club.

(in reply to talpacino)
Post #: 84
RE: Xbox '720' Thread - 10/2/2012 4:56:27 PM   
Harry Tuttle

This is one of those rare occasions where I find myself in agreement with directorscut.

If the use of Kinect takes precedent ahead of a joypad then I'm out.

Acting...Naturaaal

Post #: 85
RE: Xbox '720' Thread - 10/2/2012 5:20:28 PM   
Scott_

The fuck? The 360 controller is perfect as it is.

"You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig."

Check out my top 21 films - http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3188740

360 Gamertag - SmokinFuzz

Post #: 86
RE: Xbox '720' Thread - 10/2/2012 8:14:37 PM   
borstal

No your wrong. A big ass screen in the middle is what Ive always found lacking in the 360 pad. That and spongy grey rubber keys.

"Can you imagine the satisfaction of slamming that camping cunt Scott with a missile while sitting in Costa?" - Chief

http://www.redbubble.com/people/borstal
http://letterboxd.com/borstal/

(in reply to Scott_)
Post #: 87
RE: Xbox '720' Thread - 10/2/2012 8:20:53 PM   
From_Hell

Either I'm getting too old for this gaming lark, or this Xbox 720 thing is sounding less and less appealing as time goes on. A great big tablet controller? Excellent. That won't be too expensive to replace when my daughter inevitably drops it.

At least if I don't bother with the next gen, I might actually get around to playing all the games I've bought for the 360....

"What are you gonna do?"

"What I do best. I'm gonna kill 'em. Anyone that was involved. Anybody who profited from it. Anybody who opens their eyes at me."

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 88
RE: Xbox '720' Thread - 10/2/2012 8:25:54 PM   
Hood_Man

quote:

ORIGINAL: directorscut

quote:

ORIGINAL: talpacino

"That touchcreen will be second only to Kinect in how you operate your console," it claims.

quote:

second only to Kinect in how you operate your console

quote:

second only to Kinect

GTFOOH.

quote:

ORIGINAL: borstal

No your wrong. A big ass screen in the middle is what Ive always found lacking in the 360 pad. That and spongy grey rubber keys.

These two posts

Post #: 89
RE: Xbox '720' Thread - 11/2/2012 6:17:39 PM   
Sexual Harassment Panda

Rumour 1: I couldn't care less for the second had games market at least not from a consumer point of view, however I do sell my finished games on Amazon Marketplace, if this becomes unfeasible then I shall do one of two things, not purchase the next Xbox, or only buy the odd game that I know I'll enjoy and want to keep, but even then these purchases may be limited to post launch once the release prices have been halved.

Rumour 2: Losing MSPs would also be a terrible idea, I don't want to use money, firstly because our prices will be ridiculous, secondly because it'll mean I have to store my card details from which recently I've learnt will lead me to get burnt by changing policies like auto renewal, and thirdly because I can get MSPs at a discounted rate from eBay, or sales etc.

Rumour 3: Price over power? Really?! We've got Nintendo covering that base, this HD era has already failed to deliver with most games struggling to muster 720p at 30fps, I want 1080p at a completely solid 60fps, it's not about being a graphics whore, it's firstly about performance (no dropped frames), it's about maximising the potential of the other hardware I own i.e. HD TVs and with more power comes more opportunities to enhance gameplay. If we're not going to ramp up the power, why not just stick to the current model?

Rumour 4: Finally a touch screen pad? Are we really wanting to move further into this counter intuitive territory? Kinect has proven to be utter bollocks offering very little in terms of advantages over a controller, the Wii U looks absolutely awful also, surely MS can see Wii sales are declining massively because the audience is bored, whereas PS3 and 360 sales are still on the up?

Touch screen controls are fine for an iPad or iPhone when you don't have any alternative, but the lack of response/resistance means you have much less control over your play. Accuracy goes out of the window, I want immersive play, I don't want my focus to be shared between two screens. The Xbox pad is nigh on perfect, I'd accept touch sensitive surfaces on the back of the grips could go a long way to improve the controls, but beyond that I'm happy as we are.

Ole Gunnar Solskj�r - 1996-2007

Member of the MW2 Star 69 Club
Member of the CoD4 Mile High Club

(in reply to From_Hell)
Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Xbox '720' Thread Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI