Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Xbox '720' Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Xbox '720' Thread Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Xbox '720' Thread - 9/1/2012 8:18:50 PM   
From_Hell

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rgirvan44

I don't want all that crappy crap. A console. A controller. That is all I need.

This. Couldn't give a shit about tablets, Kinect, 3D and all that gimmicky twaddle. I just want a console, a controller and explosions.

"What are you gonna do?"

"What I do best. I'm gonna kill 'em. Anyone that was involved. Anybody who profited from it. Anybody who opens their eyes at me."

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 31
RE: Xbox '720' Thread - 9/1/2012 8:29:27 PM   
rich

Yeah but they won't let you have it. It's going to be a tv playing kinect internet media nonsense machine (with games) And while still having to pay for online services. Look at the fugly new dashboard, that's the future.

Meanwhile...

(in reply to From_Hell)
Post #: 32
RE: Xbox '720' Thread - 9/1/2012 8:42:54 PM   
juanvasquez

quote:

Yes! This is one of the reasons why I hate the new dash. I can't help but feel the games are starting to take a back seat to all these features no one asked for.

Check out my cult games reviews and features at Horror Cult Films

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 33
RE: Xbox '720' Thread - 9/1/2012 8:48:07 PM   
James2183

quote:

ORIGINAL: Flatulent_Bob

Loads of info in the new xboxworld mag.

Confirming that it is nailed on for an announcement at E3 and devs have been coding on it for a fair while.

Hmmm, has GTA V actually been confirmed as a 360/Ps3 title or will it be used to squeeze another 12 months out of the old hardware?

I'd imagine it's going to be used to get a few more sales in for the current gen. Once this and Mass Effect are out there isn't much else in terms of the AAA titles to be used for this gen (that I can think of). A break for this year and push out the next Assassins Creed/CoD/Halo etc in the first year the next gen comes out to get the gamers in.

Hey bub, I aint finished with you yet!

"We do not beat the reaper by living longer. We beat the reaper by living well and living fully" - Randy Pausch

(in reply to Flatulent_Bob)
Post #: 34
RE: Xbox '720' Thread - 9/1/2012 9:02:50 PM   
directorscut

Hopefully there will be a cheaper SKU for those who don't want to pay for garage.

Member of the TMNT 1000 Club.

(in reply to James2183)
Post #: 35
RE: Xbox '720' Thread - 9/1/2012 9:14:46 PM   
Rgirvan44

quote:

ORIGINAL: James2183

quote:

Confirming that it is nailed on for an announcement at E3 and devs have been coding on it for a fair while.

Hmmm, has GTA V actually been confirmed as a 360/Ps3 title or will it be used to squeeze another 12 months out of the old hardware?

I'd imagine it's going to be used to get a few more sales in for the current gen. Once this and Mass Effect are out there isn't much else in terms of the AAA titles to be used for this gen (that I can think of). A break for this year and push out the next Assassins Creed/CoD/Halo etc in the first year the next gen comes out to get the gamers in.

We are still two years out from the next gen being released, and three years before it becomes the main machine. GTA is coming out, Mass Effect and also Halo 4 - so the 360 still has some big titles. I don't think we are seeing it winding down just yet.

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to James2183)
Post #: 36
RE: Xbox '720' Thread - 9/1/2012 9:34:43 PM   
James2183

I can't see games publishers starting a new franchise on an outgoing console though. They will want to be focusing on the new console to work out how to get the best from it as early as possible. Microsoft might want to push the release back to 2014 but I wouldn't be surprised if their hand is forced and we see it in 2013.

< Message edited by James2183 -- 9/1/2012 10:13:06 PM >

Hey bub, I aint finished with you yet!

"We do not beat the reaper by living longer. We beat the reaper by living well and living fully" - Randy Pausch

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 37
RE: Xbox '720' Thread - 9/1/2012 9:50:09 PM   
Rgirvan44

quote:

I can't see games publishers starting a new game franchise on an outgoing console though. They will want to be focusing on the new console to work out how to get the best from it as early as possible. Microsoft might want to push the release back to 2014 but I wouldn't be surprised if their hand is forced and we see it in 2013.

I don't think we will see it next year - not while there are still AAA titles enroute. What will be interesting to see is what will be lined up for the Next Gen release. If we get Half Life 3 announced at this E3 (of which there have been hints) then that would line up nicely....

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to James2183)
Post #: 38
RE: Xbox '720' Thread - 10/1/2012 8:33:47 AM   
borstal

quote:

ORIGINAL: directorscut

Hopefully there will be a cheaper SKU for those who don't want to pay for garage.

I know its a simple typo but its a funny one

"Can you imagine the satisfaction of slamming that camping cunt Scott with a missile while sitting in Costa?" - Chief

http://www.redbubble.com/people/borstal
http://letterboxd.com/borstal/

(in reply to directorscut)
Post #: 39
RE: Xbox '720' Thread - 10/1/2012 10:53:14 AM   
kata

I'm happy with how things are at the moment. Got enough to keep me covered all year and probably into next year with all this years releases.  I think we'll see a few surprises before the next Xbox as well.  I think there's life in the old bean yet.

XBL: GeneralLee79
PSN: GeneralLee_UK
Steam: GeneralLee_uk

Lovely detective work.

"Don't buy wigs that come off at the wrong time"

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 40
RE: Xbox '720' Thread - 10/1/2012 12:19:36 PM   
shool

What do people think of all the latest upgrades to Xbox like Lovefilm, Iplayer etc?

Surely more of that plus games is a good thing right?

Invisio Text for Spoilers
[ color=#F1F1F1 ] Spoiler text [ /color ] , remove spaces between square brackets

"No one knows what it means, but it's provocative... It gets the people going!"

(in reply to kata)
Post #: 41
RE: Xbox '720' Thread - 10/1/2012 12:30:40 PM   
Flatulent_Bob

quote:

Live on the go, is bound to be something they look into.

quote:

quote:

quote:

We are still two years out from the next gen being released, and three years before it becomes the main machine. GTA is coming out, Mass Effect and also Halo 4 - so the 360 still has some big titles. I don't think we are seeing it winding down just yet.

I don't think its 2 years away to be honest. I think back end of the year we will have a release date in 2013.

quote:

quote:

I can't see games publishers starting a new game franchise on an outgoing console though. They will want to be focusing on the new console to work out how to get the best from it as early as possible. Microsoft might want to push the release back to 2014 but I wouldn't be surprised if their hand is forced and we see it in 2013.

I don't think we will see it next year - not while there are still AAA titles enroute. What will be interesting to see is what will be lined up for the Next Gen release. If we get Half Life 3 announced at this E3 (of which there have been hints) then that would line up nicely....

EPIC are already coding a GOW prequel, the next FORZA would fit in with a 2013 release, HALO 4 is in development, that 3 of the 360's main titles already being planned. Timesplitters 4 has also been mentioned by Crytek as being in development for the next gen.

That's already looking ominous for me, hence the question about GTA5, because that would be the odd one out.
In addition, its not a huge 360 title but what was the Alan Wake sequel will now be DLC. Has that sequel been rescoped for next gen.

< Message edited by Flatulent_Bob -- 10/1/2012 12:45:37 PM >

I'm your huckleberry...

All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Oh my God! They banned Kenny!

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 42
RE: Xbox '720' Thread - 10/1/2012 12:52:42 PM   
Chief

quote:

EPIC are already coding a GOW prequel, the next FORZA would fit in with a 2013 release, HALO 4 is in development, that 3 of the 360's main titles already being planned. Timesplitters 4 has also been mentioned by Crytek as being in development for the next gen.

Where has it been said that these are all getting developed for the next gen?

Post #: 43
RE: Xbox '720' Thread - 10/1/2012 12:58:17 PM   
Flatulent_Bob

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chief

quote:

It hasn't (apart from Timesplitters) but they would all land 2013, thats my point are they all going to for old technology.
Crytek already have the new generation tech according to them, why wouldn't a house well in with M/S like EPIC not have it?

I'm your huckleberry...

All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 44
RE: Xbox '720' Thread - 10/1/2012 12:59:55 PM   
Rgirvan44

If Next Gen is all about this nonsense stuff and moving away from gaming then it might be the point I jump off the wagon. 

Post #: 45
RE: Xbox '720' Thread - 10/1/2012 1:04:07 PM   
Flatulent_Bob

quote:

If Next Gen is all about this nonsense stuff and moving away from gaming then it might be the point I jump off the wagon.

But do you think they are going to move away from games? Its the core of these consoles, but to keep us with current technologies you need a lot of money. PC's are probably 2 generations ahead of the 360 already, so you choices are to release a top spec gaming console for 600 or tac on these entertaining systems for not real extra cost that allows you to keep the hardware.

If you'd pay 600 on release for the next gen, I don't see how it matters what's tacked on. Unless of course they are going to put shitty hardware in and still charge extra for the media center.

I'm your huckleberry...

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 46
RE: Xbox '720' Thread - 10/1/2012 1:06:41 PM   
jcthefirst

quote:

Why? It doesn't prevent you from gaming.

@Jonny_C85

My Movie Blog | My Other Various Rantings Blog

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 47
RE: Xbox '720' Thread - 10/1/2012 1:07:53 PM   
Rgirvan44

quote:

quote:

But do you think they are going to move away from games? Its the core of these consoles, but to keep us with current technologies you need a lot of money. PC's are probably 2 generations ahead of the 360 already, so you choices are to release a top spec gaming console for 600 or tac on these entertaining systems for not real extra cost that allows you to keep the hardware.

If you'd pay 600 on release for the next gen, I don't see how it matters what's tacked on. Unless of course they are going to put shitty hardware in and still charge extra for the media center.

But you can see the move towards them wanting to use these machines as entertainment hubs, rather than gaming machines. I simply want a machine I can play games on - I don't need all the other stuff. But I am sure other people will embrace it all. Just feel like this is going to be a watershed.

Post #: 48
RE: Xbox '720' Thread - 10/1/2012 1:16:04 PM   
Flatulent_Bob

I guess we shall see.

Personally I think the future will eventually be streaming all games through some sort of cloud solution, with just "client" boxes either plugged or built into machines. But you'll need one hell of a fibre link to stream that at the moment, but that has to be the target. No media, no packaging cost, hard to pirate, all the real processing done in the datacentres and you'll effectively be caching the data from them.
Its not a big leap to these being integrated into TVs. I mean what do you need, loads of memory and a CPU, GPU, and you are good to go.

< Message edited by Flatulent_Bob -- 10/1/2012 1:20:39 PM >

I'm your huckleberry...

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 49
RE: Xbox '720' Thread - 10/1/2012 1:18:37 PM   
Rgirvan44

I don't think we are anywhere near that point yet in terms of broadband usage and scope. Not to mention it is a bit crappy having to be online in order to access single player games and saves. 

Post #: 50
RE: Xbox '720' Thread - 10/1/2012 1:21:54 PM   
Flatulent_Bob

quote:

I don't think we are anywhere near that point yet in terms of broadband usage and scope. Not to mention it is a bit crappy having to be online in order to access single player games and saves.

Oh yeah I agree a couple of gens away. But my point is they are looking to build these as entertainment systems, but it doesn't mean it will be to the detriment of the games. In fact I think it will support the gaming, due to the cost issues I made earlier.

I'm your huckleberry...

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 51
RE: Xbox '720' Thread - 10/1/2012 1:22:02 PM   
Jaded_Parrot

You mean Onlive or whatever its called thats not next gen thats current

Post #: 52
RE: Xbox '720' Thread - 10/1/2012 1:23:58 PM   
Flatulent_Bob

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jaded_Parrot

Not full new releases aren't, you don't stream the data from live as you play.

I'm talking about the central servers even doing your processing for you. You'd need super speed links which we are nowhere near, plus complete coverage of high speed links across the most of the world.

Anyway I've probably took us OT, this isn't going to be part of "loop".

< Message edited by Flatulent_Bob -- 10/1/2012 1:26:48 PM >

I'm your huckleberry...

(in reply to Jaded_Parrot)
Post #: 53
RE: Xbox '720' Thread - 10/1/2012 1:38:29 PM   
Chief

quote:

quote:

quote:

It hasn't (apart from Timesplitters) but they would all land 2013, thats my point are they all going to for old technology.
Crytek already have the new generation tech according to them, why wouldn't a house well in with M/S like EPIC not have it?

But they aren't going for 'old' technology, they'd be going for current. There's no reason Halo 4 (or whatever) wouldn't be released in 2013 and a new console coming 2015.

I'm not saying you're right or wrong by the way, just speculating the same as everyone else.

Post #: 54
RE: Xbox '720' Thread - 10/1/2012 1:42:16 PM   
Rgirvan44

Halo 4 was previewed last year ahead of Next Gen - I take that as a sign it is a 360 title. GTA while looking a step up from the last one, is not so far advanced that it can't be a 360 title. 

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 55
RE: Xbox '720' Thread - 10/1/2012 1:44:50 PM   
kata

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jaded_Parrot

Been a while since I looked into it, but last I heard it was running sub-hd and with noticeable latency.

Lovely detective work.

(in reply to Jaded_Parrot)
Post #: 56
RE: Xbox '720' Thread - 10/1/2012 1:52:29 PM   
Jaded_Parrot

Been a while since ive checked it out as well it just sounded similiar. With how quick our internet is at home it will have to be next next next gen before i can have anything like that.

Plus there's relying on companies govenment to put the infrastructure in place...

(in reply to kata)
Post #: 57
RE: Xbox '720' Thread - 10/1/2012 1:56:39 PM   
Scott_

The GTA trailer was made from in-game footage yeah? It looks very pretty but not what I'd expect from a next gen console. Why even announce a game before the reveal of a console anyway? I doubt the 'PS4' or '720' will be released at the same time and its even more unlikely that Rockstar have sold exclusive GTA rights to one company so I doubt very much that we won't be getting GTA this generation.

"You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig."

Check out my top 21 films - http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3188740

360 Gamertag - SmokinFuzz

(in reply to kata)
Post #: 58
RE: Xbox '720' Thread - 10/1/2012 2:17:57 PM   
kata

We've also got Bungie's new IP to look forward to this gen.

Lovely detective work.

(in reply to Scott_)
Post #: 59
RE: Xbox '720' Thread - 10/1/2012 3:06:37 PM   
Flatulent_Bob

quote:

I'm not saying you're right or wrong by the way, just speculating the same as everyone else.

hey its all part of the fun. No one know anything concrete, we can only go on what the devs are saying. anyone who does know won't be posting it on here anyway. Certainly not if they enjoyed their job, and quite possibly their freedom.

Its all good and we've got another year of this to come.

I will try and remember the mag tomorrow and see if I can post names of who is saying what.

< Message edited by Flatulent_Bob -- 10/1/2012 3:07:33 PM >

I'm your huckleberry...

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Xbox '720' Thread Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI