Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Dark Knight Rises Audio Tweaked?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Dark Knight Rises Audio Tweaked? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Dark Knight Rises Audio Tweaked? - 3/1/2012 9:12:40 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
The Bane Of Our Existence - 3/1/2012 9:12:40 AM   
BenTramer

"The new audio lowers the background noise so that Bane stands out a little more, without comprising Nolan’s vision of a film that doesn’t simply shovel the plot’s ideas out at you" The ability for an audience to heari an actor's dialogue is pretty basic stuff. Forcing an audience to strain to hear dialogue doesn't compromise a director's "vision" (trite phrase), all it shows it a comtempt for the viewing public. Bane is a crap villain anyway, he was in Joel Schumacher's Batman movie and this muffled, masked buffoon doesn't inspire much confidence here either.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
Stupid Cardiff Odeon - 3/1/2012 9:43:48 AM   
snowmonster

"You’ll recall that back in early December, we reported on the first screening of the Dark Knight Rises prologue currently playing in front of Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol on IMAX screens." Not if you watch it in Cardiff Odeon it's not. While I enjoyed the latest sunt reel from Mr Cruise I was still bitterly disappointed at not getting to see the TDKR footage. Conned!

Post #: 3
RE: The Bane Of Our Existence - 3/1/2012 9:55:19 AM   
britesparc

quote:

ORIGINAL: BenTramer

"The new audio lowers the background noise so that Bane stands out a little more, without comprising Nolanís vision of a film that doesnít simply shovel the plotís ideas out at you" The ability for an audience to heari an actor's dialogue is pretty basic stuff. Forcing an audience to strain to hear dialogue doesn't compromise a director's "vision" (trite phrase), all it shows it a comtempt for the viewing public. Bane is a crap villain anyway, he was in Joel Schumacher's Batman movie and this muffled, masked buffoon doesn't inspire much confidence here either.

As much as I hate to respond to things like this, you are aware that the character existed for several years before the Batman & Robin movie, and in fact bears very little resemblance to the character from that film?

The audio was an issue with the preview, but it doesn't make me any less excited to see a real Bane in action.

You can't drink a pint of Bovril.

(in reply to BenTramer)
Post #: 4
It's not that bad - 3/1/2012 10:11:40 AM   
jackmanstoletheshow

Having seen the prologue at the BFI IMAX, I was astounded at some of the comments and just how much they'd over-egged how 'unintelligible' Bane sounded. There was just one line I couldn't make out - and that was owed to the airborne setting.

This was never going to be a big problem, the background noise just needed lowering slightly. Some even took to doing a piece on whether it was a bad idea by WB to release the prologue. In a broadsheet!

Post #: 5
RE: The Bane Of Our Existence - 3/1/2012 11:28:03 AM   
coljohnmatrix

quote:

ORIGINAL: BenTramer

Bane is a crap villain anyway, he was in Joel Schumacher's Batman movie

Oh noes! Batman was in Joel Schumacher's Batman movie as well! You had better get on the phone to Warner Brothers and tell them to take those two characters out of the movie. It'll be rubbish otherwise.

(in reply to BenTramer)
Post #: 6
RE: Dark Knight Rises Audio Tweaked? - 3/1/2012 11:33:07 AM   
Darth Marenghi

It's not even that big a change from what's been reported - when watching the prologue I thought the background mix was a large part of the reason people couldn't make out Bane's dialogue.

Invisible Text for SPOILERS: "color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color" , then change the quotation marks to square brackets.

Post #: 7
Not surprised..... - 3/1/2012 12:10:51 PM   
thelimeyone

Not sure exactly when they "tweaked" Bane, but I saw the preview on New Year's Eve and he was largely unintelligable then. It is something they definitely need to sort out by the time they relese the film in the summer.

Post #: 8
- 3/1/2012 12:59:24 PM   
Whistler

It was kind of muffled in the original version, but there was only one line I couldn't actually understand. I suppose it wouldn't hurt to "tweak" it though.

Post #: 9
the curious case of mr fincher - 3/1/2012 12:59:25 PM   
markfob

have people forgot the club scene in 'the social network'. can hardly here but true to the situation. the prologue is a visual piece and looks great and need i mention there is about 6 full months of full post production, where everything gets tweak when the edits been done.

Post #: 10
RE: the curious case of mr fincher - 3/1/2012 1:00:16 PM   
markfob

Hear*

(in reply to markfob)
Post #: 11
Sorry Bane mate, you're gonna have to say that again! - 3/1/2012 1:40:45 PM   
Bliff

Saw it at the Imax in London yesterday, they need to do something as I could only make out about 25% of what Bane was saying....obviously the background noise of the plane didn't help. All in all it was a really solid scene however nowhere near as good as the introduction of the Joker in The Dark Knight.

Post #: 12
not a massive issue - 3/1/2012 1:50:38 PM   
tkarim1234

I could barely understand Rooster Cogburn (Bridges) in True Grit at some points. Yet he got an oscar nomination...

Post #: 13
- 3/1/2012 5:43:48 PM   
theonering

Glad I ain't. the only one who couldn't he jack shit at the beginning of the social network

Post #: 14
RE: - 4/1/2012 5:07:34 AM   
Hood_Man

Hopefully it's true, I really struggled to hear what Bane was saying in the trailer, I had to listen to it twice to get a good idea, even after people had posted his lines of dialogue on the internet.

I hope I don't have to go to a subtitled screening

(in reply to theonering)
Post #: 15
I didn't have any trouble understanding Bane but - 4/1/2012 9:19:56 AM   
Marwood

Do agree that the audio for the prologue could have used some tweaks - he was a little bit drowned out by the noises of rushing air but even then I heard him more or less ok.

I'm still surprised such a big thing is being made of it but then internet groups love to jump on and sensationalise things. Personally I think the problems a lot of peope experience with hearing him are down to the sound mix at the theatres they're watching it at. I saw a bootleg copy of the prologue with laptop speakers for the sound - no problems apart from the aforementioned slight conflict when the (SPOILER) plane is blown open.

I also still think a lot of the problems are down to US audiences not getting his accent; that combined with a poor sound mix in the theatres is enough to be a problem for the viewers. If any tweaks have been made they'll be to the actual audio mix as opposed to his voice itself.

Although as WB have denied any tweaks maybe it's actually a case of "do nothing but put out the rumour we have and see if people have a different reaction". Kind of like Hitchcock and the ratings board for Pyscho.

Post #: 16
Bane... - 4/1/2012 10:51:48 AM   
Swedle

...will be so much less dramatic if he has to keep repeating his death threats

Post #: 17
Tweaked when? - 4/1/2012 8:20:04 PM   
sean_a_h

Saw the prologue at the IMAX London last night and couldn't really make out what Bane was saying. If that's the tweaked version, god help us!

Post #: 18
Say what? - 9/1/2012 2:27:15 PM   
Trisanddad

Saw the extended trailer on Friday, couldn't make out everything Bane was saying, maybe about 40% of it. Still looks incredible though!

Post #: 19
Grrrmmmmff - 22/3/2012 9:30:40 PM   
Kryptonian1993

I saw the prologue online the day after it was announced and even though I agree it is fairly hard to hear you can make out the basis of the dialogue and where it was heading. I think that Nolan will definitely heed the calls to make it easier to hear and judging by the clearness of banes lone remark (when Gotham is ashes you have my permission to die) I refer to, that for me, was crystal clear... However, I think I will have to just stamp my feet and wait like everybody else for what I'm sure will be an epic film! :)

Post #: 20
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Dark Knight Rises Audio Tweaked? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News††|††Empire Blog††|††Movie Reviews††|††Future Films††|††Features††|††Video Interviews††|††Image Gallery††|††Competitions††|††Forum††|††Magazine††|††Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI