Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

re:re: be warned!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> re:re: be warned! Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
re:re: be warned! - 3/1/2012 9:54:01 PM   
messiah1967

"...has Ridley Scott been better than alien"

erm... Blade Runner?

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 61
RE: how come... - 4/1/2012 9:54:48 PM   
Alteredstate

The reason the suits were more weathered and old and shabby in the original film was because they were on a mining tug in space, a mineral collecting tug.
Here in this the same universe you have a bunch of scientists/ analysts on an exploration mission,
Is today's technology any different if you sent a science team aboard a ocean exploration vessel in comparison to say a fishing linear and their appropriate crews?.

(in reply to fergww)
Post #: 62
RE: be warned! - 4/1/2012 10:24:28 PM   
Alteredstate

Are you seriously saying that Black hawk down wasn't as good as alien?
or gladiator?
or American gangster
or blade runner?
Thelma and Louise
Kingdom of heaven directors cut
Matchstick men
The Duellists
Alien is a great great film but so is its director.There's not a director alive or dead that has made every film he/she has made into a classic and i dont think any Ridley film is truly awful.
Robin hood not so good but its not terrible... neither was Gi Jane or body of lies which i think was fine not a classic but the subject matter of some films just doesn't fit into the classic category.
Black rain,
1492 Conquest of paradise
Hannibal
Legend
Someone to watch over me
and white squall are all good movies not great but none of them really bad.

(in reply to daniel martin)
Post #: 63
- 6/1/2012 5:12:48 AM   
Alteredstate

I cant believe some of the negativity sometimes expressed on the net for this.. its as though some people feel they have the story, the plot, and everything in between figured out by looking at the trailer that's just over 1 min long.
Most of the trailer is more than likely shot out of sequence and the film is reported to be at least two and a half hours long.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 64
RE: Can't wait! - 6/1/2012 1:31:45 PM   
Nexus Wookie

Damn! That trailer looks fucking AWEEEEESOOME!!!! I went apeshit watching the stunning trailer, and the soundtrack was amazing!

I cannot wait! Seriously, i'm giddy with excitement! Ridley Scott back directing a sci fi film..at last!! Forget about the Dark Knight Rises and The Hobbit; this film here is what its all about!! We've been waiting over two years for the new Bat flick, and a couple more for our return to Middle Earth, but we've had to wait over a quarter of a century to watch a RIDLEY SCOTT SCI-FI FILM!!! I simply cannot wait!

Roll on Summer!!

My blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/

(in reply to Swaine)
Post #: 65
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> re:re: be warned! Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI