Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

The Hobbit Teaser Trailer Breakdown

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Feedback] >> Empire Online >> The Hobbit Teaser Trailer Breakdown Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
The Hobbit Teaser Trailer Breakdown - 21/12/2011 3:34:38 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
RE: Humbug - 21/12/2011 3:46:15 PM   
SailorOrion

well...then I guess you won't watch the films.....because as with the book, the films are full of dwarves.
Post #: 2
Very Good - 22/12/2011 1:33:53 PM   
gambit21

Loved the trailer, the singing was actually my favourite bit - full of pain and loss and memory. Although I would quibble that Armitage is no basso, but merely a bass or baritone. Basso profundos are really really deep. Perhaps I'm wrong though

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 3
- 22/12/2011 2:45:06 PM   
Agent69

Can't wait. The magic will be back.

Post #: 4
- 26/12/2011 2:54:46 AM   
Aragorn22

Look at this one shot more carefully in the trailer: that is not Sir Ian Holm...

Post #: 5
- 26/12/2011 3:01:18 AM   
Aragorn22

The appearance of the shards of Narsil suggest that Aragorn might be part of the film. At the time of "The Hobbit", Aragorn is 10 years old, and recently, the production have hired a 10 year-old boy named John Bell!

Post #: 6
- 26/12/2011 3:23:46 AM   
Aragorn22

The shot of the Ring is not under the Misty Mountains, it's in Mirkwood, I'm sure: look at all the spider webs; a very famous scene form the book. The Ring itself here is probably only used as a device to tie in the trailer to the LOTR trilogy. I don't think it will appear in the film as such. Anyway... Anyone notice they still haven't fixed Gandalf's sword, Glamdring, which should glow blue like Sting when near Orcs? I guess they had the same budgetary cuts as on the trilogy... Still, I am so psyched by this trailer, I almost came in my pants when first viewed (and heard, Shore's score being astounding) in theatres. Still no news on a Liv Tyler cameo, though, and that's a shame...

Post #: 7
- 26/12/2011 4:08:24 AM   
Aragorn22

I can already see a few Oscars on the horizon for this film: Make-up, Art Direction and Costumes almost for sure (the last two depend on Spielberg's "Lincoln"). It's also quite probable that Howard Shore could win for the score, but that's a little unlikely, considering he's already won twice, and both times for films related to this series. Cinematography also seems a given (the Dol Guldur sequences convinced me of that, as well as the sweeping landscape shots of New Zealand), and if the 3D is well done, I think I will be proved right. At first I also thought visual effects, but after having seen the trailer to Ridley Scott's "Prometheus", I'm now leaning more towards that one instead (though it depends on what Jackson does with the Mirkwood spiders sequence, which I expect to be in the first film). Part 2 of "The Hobbit", thanks to Smaug the dragon, will most likely take the effects Oscar the following year. I wish for a directing Oscar too, but that's unlikely because the Oscars have NEVER given two directing Oscars to a same director for two different films in a same series (Francis Ford Coppola came close, though, with the first two "Godfather" films). By the way, the wideshots of Rivendell are so amazing, I want to live there!

Post #: 8
Count me in! - 6/1/2012 10:28:38 PM   
dannyfletch

I can not wait for this as I love the books and the Peter Jackson films. The cast is once again spot on and I am so glad that Jackson returned to the directors chair to make this. In 3D this should be amazing!

Post #: 9
RE: Count me in! - 13/12/2012 12:11:11 PM   
lucyIsabella

I can't wait to see the film tonight, especially the hippy wizard! As a pre warm up I have been watching this new comedy series 'A Simple Walk Into Mordor', It's quite funny...bit.ly/UbtgPo

(in reply to dannyfletch)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Feedback] >> Empire Online >> The Hobbit Teaser Trailer Breakdown Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI