Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Ghostbusters - 2/3/2006 4:11:01 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
RE: Ghostbusters - 2/3/2006 4:39:58 PM   
Oh Your God

What can be said bad about ghostbusters, and i challenge anyone to find somthing bad about it

The Joker: NO! You did this to me! And you condemned me to that asylum, like some bastard child that you refuse to take responsibility for! That's why you'll never kill me, Bats! You made me... Daddy!

Batman: Criminal scum like you... made me!

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
RE: Ghostbusters - 5/3/2006 12:04:55 PM   
FreddyMyers

What a classic! You can't beat the scene when the marshmallow man is walking through the streets of the city!
Post #: 3
RE: Ghostbusters - 7/3/2006 9:18:16 AM   
wackojacko

Bill Murray steals every scene but the collective cast make it a classic. Rick Moranis - genius.

The Haunted made me do it

(in reply to FreddyMyers)
Post #: 4
RE: Ghostbusters - 7/3/2006 7:43:06 PM   
doctorolorinbats1975

The film is so incredibly funny and entertaining. Gosh, so quotable and dry as well as some pretty spooky stuff too. I'll always remember Bill Murray as Peter Venkman.

CG, stop motion, acting, animation, animatronics, whatever, it's 24 lies a second...

Critiquing words for dummies: Pretentious, overrated, sentimental, indulgent, populist.

Post #: 5
RE: Ghostbusters - 13/3/2006 4:39:31 PM   
Naweed_1

One of the best films of the 80s, and along with Batman was one of the first films I saw.

Now, about this pickle we find ourselves in...

Post #: 6
RE: Ghostbusters - 13/3/2006 6:51:02 PM   
Leomuse

Greatest. Comedy. Ever.

(in reply to Naweed_1)
Post #: 7
RE: Ghostbusters - 13/3/2006 8:13:17 PM   
theblock80

A downright classic.Thinkaboutit,you couldn't pitcha film like this to a studio today.It's a film of it's time,sharply directed, sharply written, exceptionally well cast, and side splittingly funny in places. Like Back to the Future and the Indiana Jones films,it endures and has amazingly refused to age.It says alot that many of the cast and crew have gone on to such amazing careers. And Ghostbusters' influence on todays movies still applies. No Ghostbusters, no Groundhog Day(officially the best comedy of the 90s:FACT).

Shame about the lacklustre,cash in sequel.It felt like it was made for kids,while the original seemed so much more edgy.And like Withnail and I,it is one of the most quotable films of all time.

"It's true,this man has no dick."
"That's a big twinkie"

"You want this body?"       "Is this a trick question?"

"Okay,who brought the dog?"

Absolute genius. In fact,I'm gonna go watch the DVD right now.

"Right daughter, I've got your arsehole here!"

http://showtheshark.blogspot.com/

(in reply to Leomuse)
Post #: 8
RE: Ghostbusters - 14/3/2006 11:34:40 AM   
Jessica_ca_ca_ca

The entire cast bounced off one another with such comic perfection, that it is one of the undeniable classics of a generation. However, the film is utterly timeless. It doesn't matter when you watch it, it's guarateed that you'll laugh at least once throughout the film.

They were all at their best. Marshmellow Man an' all

You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling.

(in reply to theblock80)
Post #: 9
The Film That Started It All For Me - 6/5/2006 5:19:30 PM   
PaulJohn

This is the film that got me into films. It has everything you could want, It's funny, Scary, exciting, Dramatic, has amazing special effects and is all round amazing.

Bill Muarry has rarely been better. His delivery of the dialogue is spot on.

One of the best films ever made...in my opinion.

A True Classic.

Post #: 10
- 24/11/2008 10:34:03 PM   
ARmy2510

GREAT ENTERTAINMENT.

Post #: 11
'Is this true?' 'Yes. This man has no penis.' Classic - 3/1/2009 3:40:03 PM   
Ruairt

Bill Murray's cockiness and Akroyd's constant nervous demeanor make the film. The guy from Honey I Shrunk the Kids was funny enough too.

Post #: 12
Great Film - 8/10/2009 11:38:04 AM   
mark09laugh@gmx.com

Hi
This film is one of the best ever made, capped with that eternal line, we came we saw we KICKED ITS ASS

Post #: 13
Great Film - 8/10/2009 11:38:06 AM   
mark09laugh@gmx.com

Hi
This film is one of the best ever made, capped with that eternal line, we came we saw we KICKED ITS ASS

Post #: 14
Brilliant Film - 2/11/2009 5:09:51 PM   
tomahawk15

This is the funniest and well casted film ever, it started a huge franchise and i agree why. Anybody who hasn't seen this needs to see this.

Post #: 15
RE: Brilliant Film - 16/11/2011 12:23:59 PM   
NCC1701A

quote:

ORIGINAL: Spaldron

Just saw this at a one off screening at my local. Still as awesome today as it was the first time I saw it way back in '85. The screening was jam packed and the new digital print was pristine, its amazing how much detail you miss on the small screen. Also the jokes stand out more and are funnier with an audience, round of applause at the end which was ace. Must have seen this 100 times but it never gets old. Hope they re-release the sequel sometime.

5/5

I hope they release the sequel on Blu Ray soon getting tired of waiting. As for Ghostbusters 5/5 love the film a lot.

Dr. Peter Venkman: [as the Ghostbusters approach Gozer] Grab your stick!
[the Ghostbusters draw their handsets]
Dr Ray Stantz, Dr. Egon Spengler, Winston Zeddemore: HOLDIN'!
Dr. Peter Venkman: Heat 'em up!
[they arm their packs]
Dr Ray Stantz, Dr. Egon Spengler, Winston Zeddemore: SMOKIN'!
Dr. Peter Venkman: Make 'em hard!
[they rack their handsets]
Dr Ray Stantz, Dr. Egon Spengler, Winston Zeddemore: READY!
Dr. Peter Venkman: Let's show this prehistoric bitch how we do things downtown... THROW IT!

Trench: I'll be back.

Church: You've been back enough. I'll be back.

[leaves]

Trench: Yippee-ki-yay.

The Expendables 2 (2012)
Post #: 16
RE: Brilliant Film - 16/11/2011 4:23:27 PM   
jonson

I remember the very first TV trailer/clip was shown on Saturday morning kids TV. I sat ready with the video recorder turned on, and they showed the scene where they find the slimer in the corridor.

"Its right here Ray it's looking at me"
"he's an ugly looking spud isn't he?"
"I think he can hear you Ray"
"Don't move......he won't hurt you!"

Well, after watching that about a million times, I knew the sequence off by heart. I was sat in the cinema, waiting for the bit that I knew "all the lines too" and completely overlooked most of the film, particularly the Librarian bit at the beginning which caught me by surprised and I screamed like a girl and very nearly cried.
Thankfully my kids love it now, so have seen it a few times in the last couple of years, and you're all right, it has not dated one bit. The humour, the effects (which to be fair are very good) the storyline, the soundtrack, the comic timing, even the final sequence where slimer zooms across the crowd at the camera should have been cheesey but just isn't.

Are their still rumours of a remake/sequel?

I've got all the Barbie ones!!!

Yeah but you're old. Really old. Old. Old. Old. Old.

(in reply to NCC1701A)
Post #: 17
RE: Brilliant Film - 16/11/2011 4:36:13 PM   
horribleives

quote:

ORIGINAL: jonson

I remember the very first TV trailer/clip was shown on Saturday morning kids TV. I sat ready with the video recorder turned on, and they showed the scene where they find the slimer in the corridor.

Well, after watching that about a million times, I knew the sequence off by heart. I was sat in the cinema, waiting for the bit that I knew "all the lines too" and completely overlooked most of the film, particularly the Librarian bit at the beginning which caught me by surprised and I screamed like a girl and very nearly cried.
Thankfully my kids love it now, so have seen it a few times in the last couple of years, and you're all right, it has not dated one bit. The humour, the effects (which to be fair are very good) the storyline, the soundtrack, the comic timing, even the final sequence where slimer zooms across the crowd at the camera should have been cheesey but just isn't.

The only effects that haven't aged well are a couple of glaring shots of the dog things, though on the DVD commentary Reitman himself says they were never happy with them. Slimer, the Marshmallow Man and all the ghosts still look fantastic though.

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 18
RE: Brilliant Film - 16/11/2011 7:29:29 PM   
Spaldron

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives

quote:

The only effects that haven't aged well are a couple of glaring shots of the dog things, though on the DVD commentary Reitman himself says they were never happy with them. Slimer, the Marshmallow Man and all the ghosts still look fantastic though.

You see a lot more detail on the big screen with the effects, you don't really see the matte lines on dvd and the stop motion is a lot more obvious. However some of the effects are still brilliant, the library ghost, Slimer and especially the huge 360 rooftop set looks great.

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts
And I looked and behold, a pale horse
And his name that sat on him was Death
And Hell followed with him.

(in reply to horribleives)
Post #: 19
5 stars... - 16/11/2011 8:03:59 PM   
rich

.. this one gets 5.

Tremendous writing and dry humour, great performances and some genuinely creepy moments. The effects do look bad in a few scenes but a lot of it is still really good. Everyone involved is on top form, a total classic.

AND THE FLOWERS ARE STILL STANDING

< Message edited by rich -- 16/11/2011 8:04:52 PM >

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 20
RE: Ghostbusters - 16/11/2011 8:07:14 PM   
Super Hans

Brilliant film, perfect blockbuster in my opinion. Manages to be a very funny comedy, great with the action and effects and suitably spooky enough for the certificate/target audience. In terms of the humour too, it was made back in the day when PG level stuff could get away with being a bit more grown up!

"Its staring at you in the face Mark, there's only one more sex to try..."

Post #: 21
RE: Ghostbusters - 15/6/2012 11:38:44 PM   
talpacino

"Listen! Do you smell that?!"

Just watched this for the first time in years. Still classic.

Currahee!

It's a different film. It's a very different film! It's a different shark!

Suppose I shot ya..How'd that be?

(in reply to Super Hans)
Post #: 22
RE: Ghostbusters - 16/6/2012 10:19:06 AM   
jonson

I'm all excited as we're stopping in New York next month 1 block away from the Ghostbusters HQ.
Yes, I will be 11 all over again

(in reply to talpacino)
Post #: 23
RE: Ghostbusters - 16/6/2012 10:50:15 AM   
talpacino

quote:

I'm all excited as we're stopping in New York next month 1 block away from the Ghostbusters HQ.

Get a few tour tips from this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lp6K9VRQKbA

Currahee!

It's a different film. It's a very different film! It's a different shark!

Suppose I shot ya..How'd that be?

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 24
RE: Ghostbusters - 16/6/2012 11:06:22 AM   
jonson

quote:

ORIGINAL: talpacino

quote:

Get a few tour tips from this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lp6K9VRQKbA

That's awesome, thanks. I've got a day of movie location finding, so can cross off a few of these

(in reply to talpacino)
Post #: 25
Entertainingly Daft Family Film - 28/6/2012 12:49:22 PM   
blaud

As with most normal people, Ghostbusters does hold a rather prized position in my heart. The chemistry and interraction between the leads is excellent, with the nerdiness and the sarcasm (mostly from Murray, on top form). Also, the humour is spot on, with a bunch of memorable lines and scenarios that can be rewatched again and again. Some may argue that it hasn't aged well and it's of an era that has long since gone. This is not the case, as everyone deserves to experience the wit and charm of Ghostbusters; which is a different, brilliantly entertaining and novel piece of cinema.

Post #: 26
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> Ghostbusters Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI