Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Daniel Craig For Five More Bonds?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Daniel Craig For Five More Bonds? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Daniel Craig For Five More Bonds? - 20/12/2011 9:01:22 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
great! - 20/12/2011 11:49:01 AM   
Englebertnightingale

that's great. Hopefully in that time he'll both take down quantum and get down with Moneypenny.

< Message edited by Englebertnightingale -- 20/12/2011 11:50:09 AM >
Post #: 2
RE: - 20/12/2011 2:58:17 PM   
Spaldron

"That sound you hear is the craignotbond loons flagellating themselves with their Corgi Lotus Esprits. Long-term Bond producer Michael G Wilson has just said that he hopes Daniel Craig will break Roger Moore's record for the longest incumbent in the role of 007".

Read it and weep Craig haters!

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts
And I looked and behold, a pale horse
And his name that sat on him was Death
And Hell followed with him.
Post #: 3
RE: Daniel Craig For Five More Bonds? - 20/12/2011 4:09:25 PM   
Emyr Thy King

Agreed. Much as Daniel Craig is a fantastic bond, we don't want to see On Her Majesty's Secret Pension by the time he'll have finished a five-picture deal. I think three more maximum and then leave it to someone else. He's already beginning to age visibly.

"This whole imbroglio is epiphenomenal"...."demigogic faux egalitarianism" - Will Self
Post #: 4
RE: Michael Fassbender not daniel craig - 20/12/2011 6:41:54 PM   
Scruffybobby

I'm not sure if another 5 films will work - thats's 10 years at the very least -  unless they incorporate Bond's aging into the storylines. Will certainly be happy to see another 2 of 3 with Craig though.

"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it." - Robin Williams
Post #: 5
RE: Michael Fassbender not daniel craig - 20/12/2011 8:42:06 PM   
rich

This is fantastic news. Not because it's in any way practical or likely to happen, but because it makes me laugh about all the Craig not Bond twerps squirming as the read it. 

Meanwhile...

(in reply to Scruffybobby)
Post #: 6
RE: Michael Fassbender not daniel craig - 20/12/2011 8:47:06 PM   
gunstar

Where's that forum member that pathologically hates Craig as Bond - Darth something wasn't it? He's going to go mental.

'We can take these Deadites! We can take them.....with science."

"We'll get 'em. We'll throw the book at them. Assault and kidnapping. Assault with a gun and a bourbon and a sports car."

"Falcon! Grab my ankles!"

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 7
RE: Michael Fassbender not daniel craig - 20/12/2011 8:58:28 PM   
directorscut

Fassbender would be a great Bond. He's already shown more Bondian chops than Craig in the pub scene in X-Men: First Class. But I imagine he'd be a bit above Bond now.

Member of the TMNT 1000 Club.

(in reply to gunstar)
Post #: 8
RE: Michael Fassbender not daniel craig - 20/12/2011 9:03:38 PM   
jobloffski

quote:

ORIGINAL: rich

This is fantastic news. Not because it's in any way practical or likely to happen, but because it makes me laugh about all the Craig not Bond twerps squirming as the read it. 

Which makes the announcement the perfect way to deliberately stir the pot and get free publicity and make the CNB people serve the thing they apparently hate the most by spouting off ludicrously about the idea of having to watch DC grow old in the part. Can't feel too great to have been so vocal about the casting that Empire are able to take the piss out of them as a way of introducing the latest Bond related reportage.

Yes, dreamers dream and doers do. But if dreamers DON'T dream, doers don't have anything TO do. Everything that is only here because people exist, only exists because someone thought of it., or in other words, dreamed it.

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 9
Bond Replacement Suggestion - 22/12/2011 1:22:51 AM   
jamesfludgate

After Craigs finally holstered his Walther PPK n retired his double 0 status a few yrs down the line I'd suggest a certain Tom Hardy to take up the mantel, he can do educated british thug (Layer Cake n RocknRolla) n is adaptable physically for the action sequences (Bronson n Warrior) n def would surpass Sir Roger

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 10
gerrard butler or craig doyle for bond - 27/12/2011 8:35:58 AM   
mclane1

we need some fun back in bond, no more of this copying bourne rubbish. Butler would be fantastic and connery like. craig be gone. tome hardy will be too famous by the time craigs done, as will fassbender. although i always thought craig doyle from the window ads would be ace as bond!

Post #: 11
RE: gerrard butler or craig doyle for bond - 29/12/2011 1:46:32 PM   
Sotto Voce

Wonder if they'll have some reason for the change of appearance- plastic surgery, regeneration etc.

All things digested have a similar hue.

(in reply to mclane1)
Post #: 12
RE: gerrard butler or craig doyle for bond - 29/12/2011 2:56:19 PM   
The Hooded Man

Craig's already looking too old, he'd have to make these five films nearly back to back.

Counting the minutes until the over zealous mods lock this thread too.

(in reply to Sotto Voce)
Post #: 13
- 31/12/2011 2:46:22 AM   
ZakE94

If craig stays as Bond for the next ten years then they'll end up with someone like Aaron Johnson or Andrew Garfield being the only British actors able to take the role due to people like Fassbander being passed the role. Seems a bit excessive for Craig, who lets face it in Quantum was as poorly recieved as George Lazenby, to continue as the iconic character for 5 more films after Skyfall. If a contract is signed then I think MGM and the 007 team will be finding themselves in piping hot water as the decade proceeds..

Post #: 14
RE: - 1/1/2012 8:46:41 PM   
Frank Castle

just died a bit inside

" guys its ok, he just wanted his machette back"!!

(in reply to ZakE94)
Post #: 15
RE: RE: - 2/1/2012 6:53:44 PM   
TheBigTrev

DC is in my opinion on par with SC.

Coming from someone who has read the books (not yet all of them) , DC is very close to the Ian Fleming character in the books which for me just makes it so much better.

As much as I love DC I wouldn't want him to continue on for so long, should take it one film at a time.

(in reply to Frank Castle)
Post #: 16
good news! - 4/1/2012 7:45:47 AM   
dannyfletch

As a fan of the books I say Craig is the best Bond since Connery so this is great news. I enjoyed both Royale and Quantum and the people who think otherwise are not proper Bond fans as their idea of a Bond film is probably the ridiculous Die Another Day or A View To A Kill!

Post #: 17
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Daniel Craig For Five More Bonds? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI