Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: If You Could Erase a Movie From Your Memory To Re Watch It What Would It be...

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> RE: If You Could Erase a Movie From Your Memory To Re Watch It What Would It be... Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: If You Could Erase a Movie From Your Memory To Re W... - 11/1/2012 2:36:38 PM   
iestyn500

Mines not a movie but  a Tv show, the wire, i get jealous of people saying they are watching it for the first time

(in reply to messiahtime)
Post #: 31
RE: If You Could Erase a Movie From Your Memory To Re W... - 13/1/2012 5:17:11 PM   
FilthWizard

The Big Lebowski and, if I could not only erase it from my memory but watch it again in exactly the same spot I saw it originally, Tron Legacy. Saw at the IMAX; for the sheer experience and climax of 28 years' worth of waiting, it was my best cinema trip ever. (Though yes, Se7en & Usual Suspects are a gnat's ballsack-width short)

It's April. What do you expect?

(in reply to iestyn500)
Post #: 32
RE: If You Could Erase a Movie From Your Memory To Re W... - 13/1/2012 5:46:06 PM   
DInch93

Mulholland Drive, Inception, Vertigo

I would happily re-live my jaw being dropped.

(in reply to Santoka)
Post #: 33
RE: If You Could Erase a Movie From Your Memory To Re W... - 13/1/2012 7:40:31 PM   
Coyleone

Seven, Usual Suspects

(in reply to Santoka)
Post #: 34
RE: If You Could Erase a Movie From Your Memory To Re W... - 15/1/2012 4:44:37 PM   
Ref

I'd say The Usual Suspects too - an utterly brilliant film with a great twist.

Viewers of a nervous disposition may be interested to know that your television is off and I am speaking to you from inside your head...

Hugh Dennis, Mock the Week

Icon created by the talented JaD

(in reply to Coyleone)
Post #: 35
RE: If You Could Erase a Movie From Your Memory To Re W... - 15/1/2012 4:48:40 PM   
Harry Tuttle

quote:

ORIGINAL: Coyleone

Seven, Usual Suspects

Yeah these 2. Also The Sixth Sense and Brazil.

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood

(in reply to Coyleone)
Post #: 36
RE: If You Could Erase a Movie From Your Memory To Re W... - 17/1/2012 1:55:14 PM   
andy2000x

True Story: I was once bored and wrote a note to put in my wallet behind the clear plastic bit so you could see it when it was opened. It said

"In case of amnesia: Your name is Andrew. Now watch "The Matrix", "The Usual Suspects", "Memento" and "Blair Witch Project", play "Goldeneye", "Mario 3"

All was well and good until months later I was stopped and searched by a policeman mistaking my long working week shatteredness for a chemically altered state. It took some explaining.....

I stand by my choices

2011 Big Screen Spot Prize Winner HP7 Baseball Cap

(in reply to Santoka)
Post #: 37
RE: If You Could Erase a Movie From Your Memory To Re W... - 17/1/2012 6:04:58 PM   
m_er

Oh man, there are so many. 'Back To The Future' would be nice.

WHOA. I don't believe what I'm hearing. Check out the BALLS on this kid. Hey Spider, this is for you.

My movies
http://www.imdb.com/mymovies/list?l=4044070

(in reply to Santoka)
Post #: 38
RE: If You Could Erase a Movie From Your Memory To Re W... - 24/1/2012 5:51:12 PM   
boristhespie

Norbit or an Adam Sandler movie.

Badges, We don' need no stinking badgees.

Post #: 39
RE: If You Could Erase a Movie From Your Memory To Re W... - 25/1/2012 4:19:29 PM   
Vitamin F

quote:

ORIGINAL: boristhespie

Norbit or an Adam Sandler movie.

I hope this is because you didn't read the title properly...

For me, Blade Runner as I didn't get it first time round (I was about 14) and it had that terrible voice-over. Only discovered it was such a fantastic film when the DC came out on video years later and I thought I'd give it another go.

(in reply to boristhespie)
Post #: 40
RE: If You Could Erase a Movie From Your Memory To Re W... - 25/1/2012 5:51:05 PM   
gazpop

Aliens. Star Wars. Highlander.
My best 'wow' moment in the cinema was Terminator 2.

Yeah, that's real fine expensive gear you brought out here, Mr. Hooper.'Course I don't know what that bastard shark's gonna do with it-might eat it I suppose. Seen one eat a rockin' chair one time. Hey chieffy, next time you just ask me which line to pull

(in reply to Vitamin F)
Post #: 41
RE: If You Could Erase a Movie From Your Memory To Re W... - 25/1/2012 10:24:41 PM   
King of Kafiristan

The film I've seen more often than perhaps any other is RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK. From my first viewing, I was totally enamored of Ford and his work as Dr. Jones to a degree no other actor or character has been able to match in all the years since. I've seen the film at least a hundred times, and certain sequences (the truck chase, the opening) I've had on a near constant loop in my DVD player for most of my adult life. While I feel I'm able to examine the film now with a degree of objectivity, removed from my childhood infatuation with the world of INDIANA JONES, there is still a part of me that would like to go into that movie fresh, just once, to experience the magic all over again. Ford's work in the film stands as one of the all time great screen performances, and yet I'd like to be able to take it in without the sentimentality that admittedly colors my view on the character

RUNNER UP: JFK. It's the greatest film of the 1990s, and a masterpiece on every level. It's been one of my favorite films since I first saw it at age 12, and it sure would be something to get swept up in Stone's fever dream again for the first time 

(in reply to Santoka)
Post #: 42
RE: If You Could Erase a Movie From Your Memory To Re W... - 4/2/2012 9:18:54 PM   
TinyButDeadly

Drive
Aliens
Die Hard
Fight Club
Taxi Driver

(in reply to Santoka)
Post #: 43
RE: If You Could Erase a Movie From Your Memory To Re W... - 5/2/2012 7:21:52 PM   
bugumj96

Saving Private Ryan - Just for the raw, visceral power from the opening 30 minutes. It has never been matched for me.

"Put your trust in the Lord. Your ass belongs to me."

(in reply to TinyButDeadly)
Post #: 44
RE: If You Could Erase a Movie From Your Memory To Re W... - 9/2/2012 7:08:16 AM   
itsmandylee101

quote:

ORIGINAL: messiahtime

Usual Suspects everytime wish I never seen it to watch it again...!! :D

Same here! But my reason is because I read the Wikipedia page before watching it. What a big mistake! I should have been blown away by the ending if I did not know it beforehand. I love murder mysteries, but I am the world's most impatient person, so I always read the summary (and even the spoilers) before I finish watching it. Then after watching the film, I always end up regretting.

Post #: 45
RE: If You Could Erase a Movie From Your Memory To Re W... - 10/2/2012 8:26:18 AM   
Sutty

The Lord of the Rings movies. Would love to see them at the cinema again and not know what was coming. One of the few occasions where I really felt like I was being transported to another world. Totally engrossed and was never a Lord of the Rings reader either.

"Lord, make me your instrument of peace. Where there is hatred, let me bring love.
Where there is darkness, light."

"When you're pushed, killin's as easy as breathin'"

(in reply to itsmandylee101)
Post #: 46
RE: If You Could Erase a Movie From Your Memory To Re W... - 12/2/2012 5:32:07 PM   
Mtsb

Requim for a dream, though i'd also have to erase every use of the soundtrack from sky sports and xfactor to really be blown away by it again

I animate film reviews at www.SillyBeggar.com

(in reply to Sutty)
Post #: 47
RE: If You Could Erase a Movie From Your Memory To Re W... - 12/2/2012 6:07:05 PM   
Magenta

I'd find it difficalt to choose one or even one genre so..

Western - The Good,The Bad and The Ugly
Horror - Halloween
Sci-Fi - Aliens
and
War - Apocalypse Now

and I certainly understand the choice for The Usual Suspects and Jaws

“If you die first, I am definitely going to eat you, but the question is, if I die, what are you going to do? Bon appétit... Eat or die. "

(in reply to Mtsb)
Post #: 48
RE: If You Could Erase a Movie From Your Memory To Re W... - 14/2/2012 11:06:34 PM   
JIm R

For the effect it's had on me since the weekend - Drive.

(in reply to Magenta)
Post #: 49
RE: If You Could Erase a Movie From Your Memory To Re W... - 20/2/2012 8:27:55 PM   
TinyButDeadly

Woman in Black so this time I could watch it without all the annoying little teenage girls. It was still a great film though.

(in reply to JIm R)
Post #: 50
RE: If You Could Erase a Movie From Your Memory To Re W... - 21/2/2012 4:59:52 PM   
Uncle Luke

Indiana Jones 4, so it could save me from the ulcer I got due to the stress of seeing it, and complaining about it for years after.

Also, Grizzly Man from Werner Herzog. What a waste of my fucking time.

(in reply to TinyButDeadly)
Post #: 51
RE: If You Could Erase a Movie From Your Memory To Re W... - 21/2/2012 6:47:24 PM   
filmfanatic123

Only been on this planet for 18 years, so my choices are more restricted but:
Pulp Fiction (DVD watch and it blew me away)
Seven (Another DVD watch and I was totally engrossed)
The Godfather (Saw it for the first time this weekend. My hero is now Marlon Brando)
Goodfellas (Absolutely awesome film. Another DVD watch)
Inception (BLEW. ME. AWAY.)
Saw (What a twist)
Fight Club (My favourite film of all time, ever)
A nightmare on elm street (That final scare had me having nightmares two weeks later)

There are so, so, so many more.

Oh, I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?

(in reply to Uncle Luke)
Post #: 52
RE: If You Could Erase a Movie From Your Memory To Re W... - 24/2/2012 1:45:47 AM   
daviddashby

The Brave Heart..I watch it over and over again,trying to forget the scene just to enjoy every moment,but then some of the lines are made to be memorized....Mel Gibson was great..It's one of the great movie I ever seen.EasyCap DC60

(in reply to Santoka)
Post #: 53
RE: If You Could Erase a Movie From Your Memory To Re W... - 24/2/2012 2:07:58 AM   
Spaldron

quote:

ORIGINAL: daviddashby

The Brave Heart..I watch it over and over again,trying to forget the scene just to enjoy every moment,but then some of the lines are made to be memorized....Mel Gibson was great..It's one of the great movie I ever seen

At least try and get the title of the film right spamboy.

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts
And I looked and behold, a pale horse
And his name that sat on him was Death
And Hell followed with him.

(in reply to daviddashby)
Post #: 54
RE: If You Could Erase a Movie From Your Memory To Re W... - 24/2/2012 3:29:22 AM   
NinjaShortbread212

Witnessing Stephen Fry naked in Sherlock Holmes 2. As much as I love the Fry, I wouldn't mind if I never witnessed that scene again.

Art

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 55
RE: If You Could Erase a Movie From Your Memory To Re W... - 24/2/2012 5:24:41 AM   
benny the jet

quote:

ORIGINAL: Magenta

I'd find it difficalt to choose one or even one genre so..

Western - The Good,The Bad and The Ugly
Horror - Halloween
Sci-Fi - Aliens
and
War - Apocalypse Now

and I certainly understand the choice for The Usual Suspects and Jaws

Magenta i think i love you great list

That means we only have thirty minutes to get you up that tree

I fucking love tea. Its my favourite drink after coffee and alcohol

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=585511933

(in reply to Magenta)
Post #: 56
RE: If You Could Erase a Movie From Your Memory To Re W... - 27/2/2012 3:40:21 PM   
itsmandylee101

quote:

ORIGINAL: messiahtime

Usual Suspects everytime wish I never seen it to watch it again...!! :D

I'm also a fan of that movie too! :)

On the topic, I'd like to pretend that I have never watched all of those gory Japanese horror film care of my J-horror fanatic friend in high school. I remembered having nightmares for weeks because she made me watch her VCD collections. Never again!

Post #: 57
RE: If You Could Erase a Movie From Your Memory To Re W... - 1/3/2012 10:54:48 AM   
Sutty

Seven

"Lord, make me your instrument of peace. Where there is hatred, let me bring love.

Post #: 58
RE: If You Could Erase a Movie From Your Memory To Re W... - 1/3/2012 10:58:06 AM   
Sutty

quote:

The Brave Heart..I watch it over and over again,trying to forget the scene just to enjoy every moment,but then some of the lines are made to be memorized....Mel Gibson was great..It's one of the great movie I ever seen.EasyCap DC60

Jesus Christ. His fave film and he gget the title completely wrong!! If the movie is memorable at least get the fucking title right!

(in reply to daviddashby)
Post #: 59
RE: If You Could Erase a Movie From Your Memory To Re W... - 1/3/2012 1:43:48 PM   
Spaldron

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sutty

quote:

Jesus Christ. His fave film and he gget the title completely wrong!! If the movie is memorable at least get the fucking title right!

I just find it funny that this spam has gone unnoticed for so long. I'm keeping an eye on it to see if it breaks any records.

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts
And I looked and behold, a pale horse
And his name that sat on him was Death
And Hell followed with him.

(in reply to Sutty)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> RE: If You Could Erase a Movie From Your Memory To Re Watch It What Would It be... Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI