Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Arthur & Lancelot Is In Trouble

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Arthur & Lancelot Is In Trouble Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Arthur & Lancelot Is In Trouble - 14/12/2011 2:08:35 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
pffft - 14/12/2011 2:08:35 AM   
neillbert90

A film like Green Lantern gets an extra $9 million on top of the bundle it wasted on rubbish effects, and films that sound genuinely interesting can't even get off the ground. Where is the justice Warner Bros?!

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
- 14/12/2011 9:36:32 AM   
jmebaby25

I'm guessing someone at Warner Bros finally got round to seeing The Change Up, Friends with Benefits or Fred Claus.

It's a shame because I like the Arthurian legends as much as anyone, but you can't blame the studio for not trusting Dobkin with their cash.

Post #: 3
I actually think it sounds sensible... - 14/12/2011 9:52:25 AM   
Nicky C

... if you suddenly need an extra $40 million then you f*cked up your budget plan in the first place. Also, I don't think it's wise for studios to pump out 2 or 3 billion dollar movies a year and then pump the profits back into projects that might not make their money back. What we need is more movies with great scripts and effective business plans. But then we all know that, it's not rocket surgery.

Post #: 4
I don't understand some films budgets - 14/12/2011 1:00:33 PM   
picknmix

Now I can see when you have an FX heavy film it's going to cost you a canny bit of dough, like Paradise Lost, it's heavy on FX, and their reported budget was $120 million, and Arthur will probably have it fair share of battles so the FX could also be large, but can some tell me how in ZUSES BUT HOLE can the LONE RANGER need a budget of $250-275 million, it about two guys on horses for gods sake! OPEN RANGE cost $22 million to make and is simply stunning, I realise the house mouse will want a big bang for their bucks but what could be happening in the script that would justify $250 million. Was it not Zemekis who said there nothing I cant put on the screen for $1 million a minute. there 100 minutes $100 million...plus a bit for wages, $150 mill.. no where near $250 mill...

Post #: 5
So many Arthur movies upcoming - 14/12/2011 6:02:55 PM   
bnicholson50

Is this the Arthur movie written by warren ellis? what happened to Singer's excalibur remake? are they the same project? I'm really confused with all these different Arthur Legend movies pending production. I really want to see Warren Ellis' movie (directed by a competent director)

Post #: 6
So many Arthur movies upcoming - 14/12/2011 6:03:19 PM   
bnicholson50

Is this the Arthur movie written by warren ellis? what happened to Singer's excalibur remake? are they the same project? I'm really confused with all these different Arthur Legend movies pending production. I really want to see Warren Ellis' movie (directed by a competent director)

Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Arthur & Lancelot Is In Trouble Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI