Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

New Dark Knight Rises Teaser Poster

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> New Dark Knight Rises Teaser Poster Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
New Dark Knight Rises Teaser Poster - 10/12/2011 9:39:55 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
RE: - 10/12/2011 11:03:47 PM   
jobloffski

I'd say no, because the tagline being above the title indicates to me that it is to be read with the title following it.

The Legend Ends. The Dark Knight Rises

So far, Bruce has been trying to develop Batman as a symbol for something (create a legend). The legend ends when he is defeated, so the legend of him being unbeatable ends, not the work he does

Just a guess.
Post #: 2
RE: - 11/12/2011 1:42:00 AM   
Emyr Thy King

The teaser poster suggests that the Batman will face defeat. However, I think there's something else. Until now, Batman was a myth, a legend. Rarely seen unless he made an emphatic appearance/exit yet I think what it really means is the end of Batman as an 'entity' and the beginning of his ascent as the recognised protector of Gotham. Bruce said that Gotham needed a leading figure without a mask. What will happen here, is Batman steps out of the shadows, unafraid to appear to all Gothamites and takes the fight to Bane and his allies. Therefore, Batman becomes a 'recognisable' fabric of Gotham. So that 'mask of legend' slips and a recognised Dark Knight arises.

"This whole imbroglio is epiphenomenal"...."demigogic faux egalitarianism" - Will Self
Post #: 3
RE: RE: - 11/12/2011 9:26:06 AM   
jobloffski

quote:

ORIGINAL: Emyr Thy King

The teaser poster suggests that the Batman will face defeat. However, I think there's something else. Until now, Batman was a myth, a legend. Rarely seen unless he made an emphatic appearance/exit yet I think what it really means is the end of Batman as an 'entity' and the beginning of his ascent as the recognised protector of Gotham. Bruce said that Gotham needed a leading figure without a mask. What will happen here, is Batman steps out of the shadows, unafraid to appear to all Gothamites and takes the fight to Bane and his allies. Therefore, Batman becomes a 'recognisable' fabric of Gotham. So that 'mask of legend' slips and a recognised Dark Knight arises.

Probably an image wth more than one meaning in the film, if the teaser is anything to go by. The Batman must come back/what if he doesn't exist anymore/he must....he must...

The poster shows a man with big muscles walking away from a broken bat-mask, and we assume it refers only to bane.What if, in the wake of defeat, or perhaps even before that defeat, before 'this evil...rises' Bruce Wayne seeks to walk away from the mask, just as he wanted to in TDK?

From Wayne's point of view the mask can be 'broken' on a figurative level if the symbol he sought to create has gone sour (as it has by the end of TDK). He can walk away from the broken mask in his way, get needed by Gotham, fight Bane, get the mask broken literally, then 'Rise'.

There is also at least one more way in which this legend can end: it started with 'you have to become an idea'. Well, that's fine on one level, but if necessary, the idea has to come into the open and become something more tangible, more real. Out of the shadows, into broad daylight (which is when some of the action will take place), whereas in TDK, a specific point was made that the baddies met in broad daylight because that was a way of avoiding encountering Batman. His reputation/legend was enough at that point to scare the baddies into altering their behaviour on some level at least, but now it's Bane that's coming along...

So the legend ends, now it gets real...

Or some shit like dat

< Message edited by jobloffski -- 11/12/2011 9:47:15 AM >

(in reply to Emyr Thy King)
Post #: 4
RE: - 11/12/2011 11:35:34 AM   
Englebertnightingale

quote:

ORIGINAL: mbembet

and when everybody started to talk about spidey Batman's out and stole the thunder.... again

Yeah, I think Spidey's going to have a hard time getting any kind of thunder in the lead up to next summer. The Dark Knight Rises is just so speculative. There's so many questions. I really don't want Batman to have his back broken. I think what could happen if this poster isn't a red herring, I think Bane could somehow remove Batmans mask.
Post #: 5
RE: - 11/12/2011 7:59:09 PM   
Emyr Thy King

quote:

ORIGINAL: Toursiveu

Cool poster, can't wait for the film but... something's wrong with that tagline : "The Dark Knight Rises" BUT "the legend ends"... Isn't that a little confusing?

That's because it's "The legend ends"..."The Dark Knight Rises"

< Message edited by Emyr Thy King -- 11/12/2011 8:02:50 PM >

"This whole imbroglio is epiphenomenal"...."demigogic faux egalitarianism" - Will Self
Post #: 6
RE: RE: - 12/12/2011 10:04:23 AM   
Wild about Wilder

Much better than The Wall Crawler's

(in reply to Emyr Thy King)
Post #: 7
intentional mis spell? - 12/12/2011 2:51:36 PM   
leroythemasochist

I know the Dark Knight is an official book title but could it also mean that this is the rising of a particularly dark time (the night) for all of Gotham???
If you read the tag line and poster as one it says,
The legend ends - the dark (k)night rises.

OR does it mean that as the legend of Batman ends, so the real one comes into being? Maybe Wayne decides enough is enough and he reckons all of Gotham is hiding behind either their own masks or cowering behind his one and he's gonna lead by example, shrug off the costume and come out swinging as just another citizen of his city.
Who knows... maybe I've been thinking MUCH TOO HARD about this!

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 8
Great teaser - 22/3/2012 9:19:36 PM   
Kryptonian1993

I personally thought this was really well done but like a lot completely unaware to what the true intention / future holds for the bat movie.. I have an original poster of the new design framed and mounted on my wall as I type because I loved it that much plus I'm a huge fan of batman in general and let's face it, who doesn't like Nolan? To some up, I think that with tom hardy at the helm as the badass villain bane you can expect a massive film that I hope will live up to the previous fantastic joker performance from Heath ledger... Keep on keeping on guys n gals! :)

Post #: 9
MAYBE FOR THE SEQUEL OF THE DARK KNIGHT RISES: - 1/7/2012 10:30:45 AM   
RaJa8895391007

Post #: 10
MAYBE FOR THE SEQUEL OF THE DARK KNIGHT RISES: - 1/7/2012 10:35:37 AM   
RaJa8895391007

The sequel of this movie is expected to be released in 2015 with a new BATMAN............who may succeed to present BATMAN as dark knight. "THE LEGEND ENDS" may refer to the death of the BATMAN at the end of the movie........and might create a platform for "BATMAN BEYOND". By the way......as per comics series......BATMAN BEYOND comes after DARK KNIGHT RISES...... so there's lot of excitement ahead........

Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> New Dark Knight Rises Teaser Poster Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI