Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Amazing Spider-Man Teaser Poster Online

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Amazing Spider-Man Teaser Poster Online Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Amazing Spider-Man Teaser Poster Online - 10/12/2011 7:17:13 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
RE: - 11/12/2011 12:21:13 AM   
JIm R

I think untold is taking it a bit far, but technically we've never seen Lizard on screen so they are within they're rights to make such a claim, as broad as it is.
Post #: 2
RE: - 11/12/2011 9:18:11 AM   
jobloffski

Don't Parker's parents get referred to in the trailer? Not a reader of the comics, so don't know if they ever got featured, but as far as the films go, any detailed reference to why he's living with his aunt and uncle is 'untold' isn't it?

Yes, dreamers dream and doers do. But if dreamers DON'T dream, doers don't have anything TO do. Everything that is only here because people exist, only exists because someone thought of it., or in other words, dreamed it.
Post #: 3
RE: The proper title should be...... - 11/12/2011 2:11:51 PM   
Spaldron

Spiderman: The Told Story

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts
And I looked and behold, a pale horse
And his name that sat on him was Death
And Hell followed with him.
Post #: 4
RE: RE: - 11/12/2011 3:10:29 PM   
target

quote:

ORIGINAL: jobloffski

Don't Parker's parents get referred to in the trailer? Not a reader of the comics, so don't know if they ever got featured, but as far as the films go, any detailed reference to why he's living with his aunt and uncle is 'untold' isn't it?

Yeah but who cares about what happened to his parents?

We're not retreating we're advancing in another direction

Thanks for the AV darthbane.

(in reply to jobloffski)
Post #: 5
RE: RE: - 11/12/2011 3:33:31 PM   
jobloffski

It hadn't occurred to me to wonder until the trailer hinted at their story. If it;s a good story and adds something, at least it WOULD be slightly different to the previous iteration, because it prsents a different Peter Parker, one with an apparently unknown to him tragedy in his past, as well as one with tragedy in his present propelling him to become the hero, and that is certainly a different starting point to Raimi's 'I'm a wuss in love with this chick' intro.

People have been whinging about the reboot as if Sony executives are personally pissing in their eyes and ears by going down that route. Proof's in the pudding, and if it works for the story of the film to have reference to Peter's Past, why not?

< Message edited by jobloffski -- 11/12/2011 3:46:20 PM >

Yes, dreamers dream and doers do. But if dreamers DON'T dream, doers don't have anything TO do. Everything that is only here because people exist, only exists because someone thought of it., or in other words, dreamed it.

(in reply to target)
Post #: 6
- 13/12/2011 4:21:08 PM   
Stevie_G

It looks like they've just added the spider silouette to a poster for The Last Exorcism

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Amazing Spider-Man Teaser Poster Online Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI