Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Hugely Entertaining Sequel!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> Hugely Entertaining Sequel! Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Hugely Entertaining Sequel! - 22/5/2012 11:20:31 AM   
dannyfletch

I found Game of Shadows improves on Guy Richie's original and makes for a hugely entertaining adventure with plenty of great action scenes and good laughs to keep it rolling along at a nice pace. Clearly some people on here were bored but I'm not sure if they were watching the same film as this is far from boring. Yes the BBC series is great but in my opinion Downey Jr makes for a more likeable Holmes than Cumberbach's stuck up and arrogant incarnation!

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 61
It handles the Sherlock Vs Moriarty better than the TV ... - 1/6/2012 11:45:58 PM   
trainedasninja

Sure it lacks the thrill and intelligent mystery solving that is familiar with many Sherlock adaptations but this is entertaining blockbuster fun with an ending and a villain that arguably trumps Moffat's effort. In fact the awesome climax of the film is the best bit and moves this in my opinion from three to four stars.

Post #: 62
- 2/6/2012 5:45:12 PM   
danfacey711

Guy Ritchie's second instalment in the Sherlock Holmes franchise packs a bigger kick, a better outcome and a more inventive narrative than the first film, giving a promising gap for a trilogy. Noomi Rapace warmly fits in with the unlikely duo of Watson and Holmes, once again portrayed effortlessly by Jaw and Downey, Jr - flaunting their comic chemistry in the toughest of situations. An easy watching film that can be loved by all and held closely to fans of Conan Doyle's classics.

Post #: 63
Batter than the First - 23/7/2012 5:01:01 PM   
Hillsman

Loved it. A step up from the first. Great bad guy. Same excellent rapport between Law and RDJ. Top action scenes and SFX. And fairly clever plotting with some great dialog if you ask me.

Post #: 64
Really funny and clever - 4/12/2012 6:20:20 PM   
rcrofty7

Better than the first really funny and great script and excellent action scenes and brill bad guy.

Post #: 65
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> Hugely Entertaining Sequel! Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI